SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b5

Hopefully they'll put this build on Stable tomorrow and we can all get back to focusing on what's important.

Yes, enough of these distractions. We need to sort out the Mosin bi-pod dilemma!

beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b5

Today's build of 0.54 on Experimental (126646) has rid me of crashes, and I imagine it well for most everyone else as well. Logged about 4.5 hours and the only crash I got was when I clicked "Exit" to close the game anyway. Hopefully they'll put this build on Stable tomorrow and we can all get back to focusing on what's important.

I used to have the crashes after exiting the game as well but with the latest experimental update I don't crash after exiting the game anymore.

I think the collision meshes for a lot of buildings have to be reworked, because the trucks keep getting stuck in them (e.g. trees, the blue trailer ~ lots of buildings). They should also have a handbreak to keep them from sliding around so much after restarts. I don't want to park somewhere and then come back after the restart to die from getting in and out of the truck. Or spending hours finding another truck, just to push the first one out. 

Of course a workaround is to park them on the road and on plain ground, but it would be nice if they didn't get stuck to buildings any more anyway. One thing I've learned by now is to never get out of the truck. Unless it's being shot at (or during rain) it is the safest place to be. Getting out of it might kill you, if it is stuck in some other building.

• Like 1

I used to have the crashes after exiting the game as well but with the latest experimental update I don't crash after exiting the game anymore.

I can deal with the "crash upon exit" issue. It just makes the game shut down faster  :P Mine only did it once in the three times I exited out of the game entirely this evening, so we'll see.

This random auto-aggro on every zombie whilst you are connecting should really be fixed. I often experience a full town of zombies just rushing in my face uppon login. If i experience a crash in a city or town where there's loads of them, im pretty much dead as they will rush and beat the sh*** out of me before my map even loads up and the game lets me move.

I dont know what gives, i guess some global sound that aggroes zombies.It doesnt matter whether u log in a bush, shed or in the middle of the street, sometimes you just aggro every zombie in a town. No i did not hit random objects nor axed any questions.

Other thing is the silly bugged melee sounds; as it is right now, everytime i use melee weapons the sound of impact does the same as a gunshot... aggroes every ficken zombie in the town as if I just fired 75 rounds. Sure people can hear me shoot - just like they see all the zombies running towards me when im using the axe, so basicly, ->here i am<-

It seems they dont give a damn about supressors either. Bugged teleporting annoyance to ones gear :(

/////////

AFAIK theres like 300 animals per server ? Well, there's too many around berezino & cherno. theres also a few locations around Stary/novi & E/NE and around with tons of animals.

I dont think i ever saw an animal North from Severograd and northern/NW part of the map in general. Its incredibly boring not to see a single animal with so much territory up north.

Edited by halp

So........the hot fix was put to stable today...how are are things running now? Havn't logged in since the end of stable .53, not going to be able play til later. Did the missing gear and missing attachment bugs get fixed? Are the crashs fixed?

Edited by CJFlint

So........the hot fix was put to stable today...how are are things running now? Havn't logged in since the end of stable .53, not going to be able play til later. Did the missing gear and missing attachment bugs get fixed? Are the crashs fixed?

Crashes are fixed (for me anyway) but I don't think anyone is getting their attachments back.

• Like 1

Crashes are fixed (for me anyway) but I don't think anyone is getting their attachments back.

Thanks man, I guess I will have to set off and find new ones. Good to hear its more playable. There were reports of people losing there gear when they loged out too, did you see that when you played .54? Wonder if that was a legit bug report, I hope that one got fixed too if it was.

Like solodude said, the crashes seem to be fixed. The only crash I experienced was a CTD when I clicked "Exit" to quit the game anyway, which obviously isn't really a problem.

As for lost gear: you're not getting it back. Eugen initially said he would try to get those items back, but I'm guessing that the effort involved (or complications) simply wasn't worth it.

• Like 1

Like solodude said, the crashes seem to be fixed. The only crash I experienced was a CTD when I clicked "Exit" to quit the game anyway, which obviously isn't really a problem.

As for lost gear: you're not getting it back. Eugen initially said he would try to get those items back, but I'm guessing that the effort involved (or complications) simply wasn't worth it.

I can live with that. Well that means I know what I'll be doing next time I log in, that means I will have to hunt for some items for my mosin tonight. :beans:   Thanks for the update.  :thumbsup:

Edited by CJFlint

After Hot-fix...

Had a low poly count issue on wire fences not rendering until very close up (10/15 m).

• Like 2

I can live with that. Well that means I know what I'll be doing next time I log in, that means I will have to hunt for some items for my mosin tonight. :beans:   Thanks for the update.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I really don't see it as a big deal. I lost my whole character on Stable due to the crashing issues (it would delete my character if I was riding in a truck when my game crashed), so it wasn't a big deal to me, but it's only attachments anyway. No attachment is worth getting upset over :P

After Hot-fix...

Had a low poly count issue on wire fences not rendering until very close up (10/15 m).

That's been an issue since 0.53 I believe. If it just started happening to you, then you are lucky ;)

Edited by Tatanko

After Hot-fix...Had a low poly count issue on wire fences not rendering until very close up (10/15 m).

I didn't notice it in .53 but I've been seeing it on 54. And it seems to be only certain wire fences. Hopefully Tatanko will make a bug report. ;)
  • Like 1

Hopefully Tatanko will make a bug report. ;)

I'm sure plenty of people have already. I believe it's even been acknowledged by the developers. No idea what's causing it, but it is pretty universal at least so nobody is at a disadvantage :p

• Like 1

Yeah, I really don't see it as a big deal. I lost my whole character on Stable due to the crashing issues (it would delete my character if I was riding in a truck when my game crashed), so it wasn't a big deal to me, but it's only attachments anyway. No attachment is worth getting upset over :P

That's been an issue since 0.53 I believe. If it just started happening to you, then you are lucky ;)

The reason I sat .54 out til now, is becuase of all the reports of poor game preformance, and really bad bugs and glitches, right after luanch. The dev team was really good about giving us all the heads up . It was left up to us if we wanted to play with the bugs there and deal with it, or just wait. In fact just based of what hicks said I decided simply just to wait til the hot fix came out then pick from were I left off. Theres something to be said for the way they were vary honest about the problems this patch was having right out of the gate, then keeping us posted on a fix. I like that.

In my case its not too bad really. I gotta get a new LRS, comp and rap for my mosin. Cool thing is I think I already have a burlap strip or two. Not too bad. Maybe a game play session or too I will get it back. I gives me something to do for a while.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

I can't even play the game now. I attempt to connect to a server, the game minimizes and battleeye tells me it needs to update in a command prompt window, then it closes and the game restarts. I try to join another server and get the same.

I went to BE's website to try to manually update it but no luck :(

I can't even play the game now. I attempt to connect to a server, the game minimizes and battleeye tells me it needs to update in a command prompt window, then it closes and the game restarts. I try to join another server and get the same.

I went to BE's website to try to manually update it but no luck :(

Are you letting BattlEye finish updating? It can take a while, and while it's working it often looks like it's doing nothing at all.

• Like 1

Are you letting BattlEye finish updating? It can take a while, and while it's working it often looks like it's doing nothing at all.

It closes its own window after about 10 seconds, then the game restarts. I just assumed it had done it the first time, but it gets stuck in this loop where it closes as the game opens, so it doesn't give itself time to update. Running the BE .exes (32 and 64-bit) both just open DayZ, and then the problem returns.

It closes its own window after about 10 seconds, then the game restarts. I just assumed it had done it the first time, but it gets stuck in this loop where it closes as the game opens, so it doesn't give itself time to update. Running the BE .exes (32 and 64-bit) both just open DayZ, and then the problem returns.

Hmmm devs said something about the experimental branch today and how it had a new Battleye update on it , maybe switching to experimental would help the endless batteye loop?

• Like 1

Hmmm devs said something about the experimental branch today and how it had a new Battleye update on it , maybe switching to experimental would help the endless batteye loop?

Tried that. Tried switching between both a couple times but no luck. In the end I just deleted the BE files, told steam to repair it and that has done the trick. Hope this helps anyone else that has had this problem!

Gave you both beans for being nice and helpful :)

• Like 1

Tried that. Tried switching between both a couple times but no luck. In the end I just deleted the BE files, told steam to repair it and that has done the trick. Hope this helps anyone else that has had this problem!

Gave you both beans for being nice and helpful :)

I ran into that loop too but only when I was trying to play with the experimental patch instead of the stable patch.

make sure you run verify when switching from experimental.

• Like 1

After Hot-fix...

i Had the same problem of the fences rendering aswell in the 0.54, without the hotfix . They are white, till you get close 10-15 mins as you said. Maibe graphic settings to change? mmmm

Fences render fine for me now (they didn't before), the game has better framerate and feels smoother. 

However - consistency is completely borked. I put up a tent on one server and it was gone after the restart. Tried again with backpacks on two others - gone, too.

Finally, my fully equipped, beautifully kept character was replaced by the generic blue-jeans and t-shirt guy. So I lost all my stuff I brought over since the last update, and I lost my character, too. I swear, if any other game did that, I would never ever touch it again. I don't know why I'm so forgiving about Dayz. I guess I'll just play Overpoch again and hope these issues are gone when I restart the standalone Dayz bug simulator. 

>>EDIT<< A few fences, e.g. those around the small relay stations (towers with a roof surrounded by fences) seem to have wrong LOD settings. The low level detail model is loaded on close distance. Which causes them to look wrong and have no alpha material. 

Edited by S3V3N

Played stable for a couple hours tonight. One hit kills on zeds consistently and this is very unusual for me. Anyone else notice less differcultly after today's hotfix?