SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

I was on I believe it was northwest 0-6 1st person only server with 2 people on (Liberty, William) and someone appeared in front of me teleporting around

and ended up killing me so there is a script kiddie running around. I don't have video proof as my computer isn't strong enough to handle the game and

recording otherwise I would've been recording it. 

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Finaly managed to get into a server. I think it was DE06. About 20 game freezes on connect and few failed remote connects it suddenly let me in. Played about 30 mins before server restarted. Then tryed different server and wuhuu again it connected normaly. But then "battleye update", game shut down. Auto launch again after BE update and click connect.... nooo game froze again and again and again. So yea experiment is broken. First item i found was new compass, :)

edit. aah fix coming any moment now.

Edited by Seitan

Finaly managed to get into a server. I think it was DE06. About 20 game freezes on connect and few failed remote connects it suddenly let me in. Played about 30 mins before server restarted. Then tryed different server and wuhuu again it connected normaly. But then "battleye update", game shut down. Auto launch again after BE update and click connect.... nooo game froze again and again and again. So yea experiment is broken. First item i found was new compass, :)

edit. aah fix coming any moment now.

Where does it say a fix is coming in?

Indeed it is, just one piece of tanned leather. That first rabbit is that much more valuable now. I was so excited I threw away my PET bottle.

Sweet! I don't have a playstyle that is strictly as-natural-as-possible like some people, but I enjoy craftable items that give me an alternative to finding an item that is very crucial. The stone knife was a good step towards that, and this is even better. Looks like they are adding an improvised (bone) fishing hook to the mix as well, so we can now hunt (bow & arrow), fish (bone hook, improvised rod), and carry supplies (water pouch, leather sack) all using things we are able to grow and craft ourselves. We still need an alternative to shovels for earthworms and gardening, we need a way to cook without a pot, and we need a way to start fires without matches... then we'll be all set :) Although for horticulture, you'd theoretically need to get seeds from somewhere, so you'd have to either find that fruit/vegetable and cut seeds from it or find a packet of seeds to use.

"Fix" was for the stable? :facepalm:

my bad...

Anyway found away to get into the servers. First in the server browser Click Remote, Click OK, Click server you wanna join, voilà.

Hicks & Eugen twitter.

I think they are talking about stable. As far as i can tell they dont even know about experimental not working. None of their tweets seem to acknowledge it.

EDIT: Ah just saw your reply. Ok thanks i will try that.

Edited by NinjaTurkey

@Tatanko: I think there should be crucial items that spawn only in towns. Just to make you take the risk with zombies and players.

On topic: have anybody seen any changes to animals or zombies?

• Like 1

Trucks are easy to find, at least for me, they have a large white beacon attached to them and are the only things lit from a distance.  It's not the headlights, it's some graphics flaw.  But their physics are all wonky, I walked up to one and it bounced in the air and sank in the ground.  I chased it around, got the door open and managed to get in and drive off.  On the road it would run into things that were invisible and randomly sink or bounce into the air, land upside down and right it self.  I finally just abandoned the damn thing for fear of being crushed.

Random item reset inside containers is still an issue.  Lost an AKM mag from it.

Incidentally, I nearly jumped out my chair when I spooked a chicken late at night and it squawked as it ran away.  Damn you guys! 

Edited by Barnabus

Are the servers working right now? Experimental patch downloaded, I see the servers, most of them are empty, but each and every one gives me "Connection failed" trying to log in.

Are the servers working right now? Experimental patch downloaded, I see the servers, most of them are empty, but each and every one gives me "Connection failed" trying to log in.

Same here. You are not alone.

• Like 3

Looks like the only thing they've been experimenting with is all the different ways you can break a build.

• Like 2

Finally got to update BattleEye, but now everytime I try to join a server, DayZ stops working... :rolleyes:

Oh well, it's back to Stable until they push a fix for Exp.

• Like 1

Looks like the only thing they've been experimenting with is all the different ways you can break a build.

I would consider that a positive thing. Understanding what can break your product is necessary to make it better for the future.

Personally, I think they just tried to do too much at once. They were doing hive updates, BattlEye updates, AND an Experimental update. They added too many variables and likely spread themselves a little thin on manpower in the ensuing chaos afterwards. Give it time :)

• Like 5

Has anyone had any luck cooking fish? I cooked some rabbit legs earlier no problem but the fish doesn't seem to be changing. :(

Finally got to update BattleEye, but now everytime I try to join a server, DayZ stops working... :rolleyes:

That's what I figure as well. That's okay, though! These things happen. I'm liking .53 anyways.

• Like 2

I read something about that stable update they released today broke stable as well.

Played about two hours straight(alone in the server), use launch option:     -connect=109.169.60.28:2314    <--- 1pp server 

Edited by fear91fin

Played about two hours straight(alone in the server), use launch option:     -connect=109.169.60.28:2314    <--- 1pp server 

Already switched back to stable. Thanks for the info, though! I don't want to have to fiddle around with a setting just to connect with a server.

• Like 1

Other issues I am seeing. 

Battle eye keeps kicking people, not sure what that is, I logged in, battle eye updated, I let it do its thing then I was good to go.  Are people not letting battle eye update and just closing the window in frustration?

Next and this sort of sucks.  None of the weapons that have interchangeable parts (I mean butt stocks and/or hand grips) are spawning with those items attached (or at least not visible) nor are those items spawning on their own as they used to.  Have not seen the random butt stock or hand grip at any military location or at the prison.  I can say this for sure about the AK74's, AK74U's and MP5-K's I have found.  No idea if this is the case for the M4 or the AKM since I have not see a crash site for the first and have not found the second.  I am happy to report that I have found Magazines for the AKM and the MP5-K.

This one sucks too.  Stuff is still getting stuck on the floor at the prison, particularly uniform items.

I see something beginning with Y, that would be, Yet another suck. Sadly, it was not just the first truck I found acting all crazy, I have found one other and it was doing the same kinds of crazy things as the one I previously mentioned.  Can anyone confirm please?

• Like 1

Yeah, trucks are being really funky. Mine kept stopping here and there and then at one point simply fell through the road...

Successfully got into a server earlier in the day for a bit (after several failed attempts) but was unable to get in again recently using any method. Ah well, gotta study anyway.

What works for me is to go to remote type in a server address then go to internet/favorites and then connect to a server otherwise the game will crash.