SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

Have they fixed the game freezing when trying to connect to experimental servers without going to remote first?

For those having trouble try going to remote and typing in 8.2.12.15 port 2326 and then click ok, go back to internet/favorites and then try connecting otherwise the game freezes.

Have they fixed the game freezing when trying to connect to experimental servers without going to remote first?

For those having trouble try going to remote and typing in 8.2.12.15 port 2326 and then click ok, go back to internet/favorites and then try connecting otherwise the game freezes.

The freeze is actually not a freeze so much as it is the server browser trying to connect with a server but not telling you that. If you have patience you will eventually get an error message after the "freeze" telling you that you were kicked because BE failed to initialise.

That remote thing doesn't seem to do anything for me, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Normally I would never follow the coast but considering the lack of players I felt safe.

There were unlooted towns and a few chances to fight infected when I originally spawned.

Kamishovo had enough in it so a fresh spawn could lap the map a couple times with nothing lacking.

Unfortunately, the town also had 0 infected.....

Edit: Also saw a lot of what I'm guessing is loot doubling or xmas loot spawn of some kind maybe.

Many of the same item or same type of item all in a pile.

I thought I had a screenshot of where I found 6 maps near a book shelf but apparently I do not.

N,SE,W,W,NW,NW - so I took none.

Edited by BioHaze

Will there be a public hive character reset when the update comes to stable?

Most likely yes

That would be unusual, they don't wipe characters every time there is an update to stable.   If there was going to be one they'd have let us know by now.  I think your public hive stables are safe for the time being.  SO, if you have a tent on stable you should still go save it on Tuesday.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I wonder how many days of hard work left aligning the main menu took? Was definitely a long overdue change! 

I've got about 5 hours into 0.54 and it's not too bad. My only major gripe so far are the issues with the V3S hitting an invisible wall every 50 meters. Luckily, that doesn't affect your ability to get around on your own two feet :)

Observations:

1. I don't seem to get dehydrated as quickly.

2. It's almost impossible to get cold in this build. I ran around for 3.5 hours in the rain without a raincoat and actually got hot at one point.

So far, so good. Still hardly anybody playing so I had some decent loot to pick up at bases and trucks. Nothing too special, though.

DiXySbb.jpg

• Like 2

So having an issue that brings my fps from 60 to an 8 or 9 until i make it re render the scene with anything that makes it redraw like turning vsync on and off or changing antialiasing settings....

Also just noticed I can hear my breathing outside of the game like when i alt tabbed out to write this... Weird .......

Also went inside a few buildings that disappeared when i was inside or a metal building ontop of another.... anyone else? or is my video card starting to bite the dust ..I hope not

Edited by Masprotech

I've got about 5 hours into 0.54 and it's not too bad. My only major gripe so far are the issues with the V3S hitting an invisible wall every 50 meters. Luckily, that doesn't affect your ability to get around on your own two feet :)

Observations:

1. I don't seem to get dehydrated as quickly.

2. It's almost impossible to get cold in this build. I ran around for 3.5 hours in the rain without a raincoat and actually got hot at one point.

So far, so good. Still hardly anybody playing so I had some decent loot to pick up at bases and trucks. Nothing too special, though.

Yes, my truck hit something and ended up passenger side down in the middle of the road.  I got out and shot the shit out of it with an SKS until it blew up.

I got cold swimming over to Alcatraz, then got hot running around, I wonder if they changed the date again.  I am still drinking more than usual.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Yes, my truck hit something and ended up passenger side down in the middle of the road.  I got out and shot the shit out of it with an SKS until it blew up.

I got cold swimming over to Alcatraz, then got hot running around, I wonder if they changed the date again.  I am still drinking more than usual.

I actually drank less than I did in 0.53 which I was glad about because always being thirsty was frustrating.

Thanks for some tips how to join.

That seemingly freezing when hitting connect buttom was nagging me.

EDIT: Can confirm that pressing REMOTE , putting server IP there and then refreshing allowed me to join a server.

Upon first try BE got updated, I left the BE update window open for what seemed like 2 minutes, to fully complete.

After that, I again went to remote, paste ip, refresh and VOILA, I've joined the server!

So except for reported buggines of V3S, my only gripe with new experimental is the lack of players on servers.

It is rather early now, some 9:27 am here, but server with just 5 folks is sure lonely place.

Edited by Hombre

For some reason I can only, reliably. join 1 experimental server SW03.  I have tried others and even left my screen up, game just froze up, never got a message about connection failing or anything like that.  I am talking about hours here.  I tried to join several and just walked away, even came back after my computer went to sleep and was still stuck.

1. Filtering by version number doesn't work for me, although WHY BI still show any servers that don't match your client version is beyond logic and reason to me! >:( I dont want to see ANY servers other than those that match my client version.

2. Yeah, the joining servers thing is annoying as hell, I will try the 'remote' workaround later.

3. When your in-game and you press esc to configure something, you get the OLD menu system!! wtf?!

Other than that because of the joining servers issues I've not been able to get much game time

• Like 1

For some reason I can only, reliably. join 1 experimental server SW03.  I have tried others and even left my screen up, game just froze up, never got a message about connection failing or anything like that.  I am talking about hours here.  I tried to join several and just walked away, even came back after my computer went to sleep and was still stuck.

Hm, I think I will have a go at that one today then. 

Managed to meet 2 folks in like 2 hours.

First said no word, waved and ran away.

Second, SpanishJohn his name was, typed that he has no mic and after I offered him some food and help, he tried to knock me with a shovel.

Wish folks on experimental played more...playfully.

For some reason I can see only 3-4 German exp servers.

No other.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 3

Played a couple of hours tonight - joined with -connect=IP in launch parameters. The loot was less on the coast but inland was good. Not to much, enough to survive.
The hole time I played, there were max 8 players on the server. Most were kicked by BE.

It took me a few trials to craft the stone knife (it always disappeared), like in the last exp. versions.

Further I saw two chickens, thankfully, so I had enough feathers for selfmade arrows :) but sadly I saw no boar to craft me a backpack.

The new (main-)menu looks very nice!  :thumbsup:  I like the clarity and the loading screen. But the player name is too close to the character model on ther main screen (like someone mentioned before).

Someone knows if the new animal AI for deers are in?

Edited by xCAPx

Can confirm new AI for deer and boars, no clue about the chickens since I've seen the first one today.

Sometimes my alt goes in sliding mode, looks like dead infected going downhill. Is that new physics playing tricks on me/us?

I can confirm that you can enter an IP and port in remote and this enables you to connect once back to the internet tab.

I also had a two minute battle eye update the first time I tried connecting this way, just rinse and repeat the same process and you are up and running.

I have been able to get cold and wet easy in the rain... 

Edited by Drah

The vertical florescent beacon over the V3S is really weird.

The fact that they are made of rubber, even weirder.

My compass seemed to work properly, so that's nice.

If you found a V3S sitting with it's lights on it might have been me.

1YpwpDM.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Can confirm new AI for deer and boars

Seconded. They had originally said they would add the new AI one animal at a time, but both boars and deer ran off when I would get within 50 to 75 meters without sneaking. Managed to take out a deer with my SKS as he bolted into the woods anyway though :)

Not good at all, should have done my research before trying 0.54 exp i cant find any servers at all, changing filter options is not helping and clicking version tab only shows 0.52 servers or 0.53, i did luckily find 2 when i first played the exp, although i couldn't join i Favorited them, they show as both 1st person one is 0/40 other 7/50 but as i said i cant join either, they show in my favorites but not in server list, i think i seen somewhere that an update for exp will happen on Monday, firstly is this correct? and will we be able to join servers after it and can we expect more players? Im guessing there is alot of players out there on exp just waiting for a fix, so hopefully should get a full server.

The vertical florescent beacon over the V3S is really weird.

The fact that they are made of rubber, even weirder.

My compass seemed to work properly, so that's nice.

If you found a V3S sitting with it's lights on it might have been me.

1YpwpDM.jpg

Also remember they're a potential death trap currently too as they behave unpredictably! I was running towards zelenogorsk and ran into a truck that was on it's side so proceed with caution if you drive one. 

Well i got into my first server today -connect=188.138.40.105:2314 BE updated for me, only 6 players in it so not much fun but seems ok, i dont know if this is because low player numbers but every item i pick up works flawlessly and every action i don completes 1st time, not having to cancel action and retry or hold w/s while performing it, so thats a good thing :)

• Like 2

So apparently you just can't cook fish at all currently. I've tried both on a fire and with portable stove****. Also played around with cooking with and without water in my cooking pot, it appears to make no difference. That is to say rabbit legs cooked the same with and without water and fish didn't cook at all with and without water. I also noticed that you can't pour the water from the cooking pot into a natural leather waterskin. Also, when pouring water from my waterskin into a cooking pot, the waterskin disappeared. So... yeah, lots of interesting stuff.

**** PORTABLE STOVE COOKS THINGS NOW!!!!

• Like 2