SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Did they do a public server wipe or reset, or was that just a rumor?

Yes they wiped the public hive.

Where's the best place to go regarding the new Private shard tools?

Specifically "View Admin Logs to enforce server rules or protect against cheating"

Yet to find it on the beloved DaRT. Am I looking in the wrong place or is that something that needs an update as well? 

It was fixed on the 0.53 experimental, so I'm guessing it's also fixed on it's stable counterpart.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218958-experimental-branch-053-discussion/page-13#entry2209101

One thing to keep in mind is that Stable is outdated right from the get-go. We got 126384, which came out on Monday I believe (Feb. 2nd), whereas yesterday we saw both 126391 and the current Experimental build of 126398 (which is still up separately on the Experimental branch, by the way...).

Yes they wiped the public hive.

That's what I was suspecting but there was some confusion about that on another thread. TY for the clarification!

We're with Vilayer and I'm told the new tools are streamed directly via your ACPlayer through log viewer or something. Guess we have to wait for the GSP's to catch up and implement tools to support the new logs. As yet we see chat logs via log viewer but no kill/damage logs?

Hello, 

Updated the game and I get the following message when I press "play". Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Anyone having the same problem?

ever since the update came out this afternoon.. I tried to launch the game.. everything works until I enter the serverlist or remote access.. after that everything just plainly crashes.. and im unable to close the dayz Application without actually physically restarting my entire pc..

anyone else have this issue? this isnt a 'server' crash this is a entire game crash... verified my game files.. didnt help
currently re-installing the entire game.. but have little hope that will solve anything... before this update everything worked just fine..
right now? it's being a pain in the butt to say it polite..

anyone else have this same problem? 

Has anyone tried the new melee weapons out? I'm curious to see how the hatchet, the ice axe and the trench shovel hold up against zeds. And has anyone found a mace yet?

• Like 1

Ice axe kills zombies in two hits at least. Only new weapon i found.

Found rain jackets in all colors to. Even pink.

They can be used to make armbands. One can become 5 armbands i think.

BUG: I dont think you can drink from lakes anymore. Tried it at least.

You cant spam the wells with the "drink" option anymore either.

Not sure if that`s a good feature when it has a 6 second long un-interruptable animation.

It means you have to sit there for a solid 2 minutes to reach full hydration.

• Like 1

Thank you, I hated this feature anyways.,

2015-02-04_00001.jpg

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

BUG: I dont think you can drink from lakes anymore. Tried it at least.

Have you tried using the water purification tablets?  That would be awesome if they made that a thing.  More focus on survival.

And has anyone found a mace yet?

As far as I know, that isn't actually in the game yet.

If you cannot spam drinking then that's gotta be a good thing. As long as you can "cancel" the action (6 second drinking animation) 

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the new melee weapons out? I'm curious to see how the hatchet, the ice axe and the trench shovel hold up against zeds. And has anyone found a mace yet?

I can confirm that the hatchet is working and onehits a zombie in the head.

Can't manage to make a fireplace, after making a basic firekit and puting it on the ground, and holding 5 sticks in my hand, I still cant manage to craft the one you can lit up. It just give me option to pick it up. I did chop all sticks with hatchet tho, so if there;s any bugs with hatchet, I missed it. Any info?

• Like 1

When I went back into the jail all of those vests went poof btw. No longer then 5 minutes in the jail.

This is with persistence on, so they didn't stay on the ground. Just fyi

Lost all my food, in those High Cap vests. Lost all my medical supplies, and food I had on the ground. Everything started to delete themselves on persistence.

Will test further.

The long waited Water filling at the pound with a container is awesome now, did a good job.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Can't manage to make a fireplace, after making a basic firekit and puting it on the ground, and holding 5 sticks in my hand, I still cant manage to craft the one you can lit up. It just give me option to pick it up. I did chop all sticks with hatchet tho, so if there;s any bugs with hatchet, I missed it. Any info?

I watched some youtube, and you need to group 5 sticks together then it can be ignited :)

Edited by Johnnyjohnny

if you are driving a truck and the server goes down you will spawn back where you last got INTO the truck not where you were when the server restarted.

• Like 1

Make fireplace kit --> add 5 sticks or 3 logs to fireplace kit to make fireplace --> ignite with matches in hand. If this doesn't work, the fireplace may be on too steep of terrain.

Make fireplace kit --> add 5 sticks or 3 logs to fireplace kit to make fireplace --> ignite with matches in hand. If this doesn't work, the fireplace may be on too steep of terrain.

I watched some youtube, and you need to group 5 sticks together then it can be ignited :)

Yeah, I know it needs 5 sticks, somehow just doesn't work for me, but I did found already made fireplace, so it's obviously something on my end. I'll look further into it, thank you for responses tho.

if you are driving a truck and the server goes down you will spawn back where you last got INTO the truck not where you were when the server restarted.

It was that way in 0.52 as well I believe.

Yeah, I know it needs 5 sticks, somehow just doesn't work for me, but I did found already made fireplace, so it's obviously something on my end. I'll look further into it, thank you for responses tho.

You're grouping the sticks/firewood BEFORE you try adding it to the fireplace kit? If I remember right, I had some difficulty when I tried to add like 3 and then 2 more as opposed to bundling a group of 5 first and then adding it as a whole pile. It was really finicky.

• Like 2