SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

What happened to the new animal Ai?

It was only in one experimental version it seems so I assume it was put in, tested, and taken out for some more work. Was still a huge improvement.

Might be a time to make a return.

Am i right there is a hive/character wipe with this update.

Might be a time to make a return.

Am i right there is a hive/character wipe with this update.

That's what was reportedly going to happen.

Im sorry but not a word about the compass bug? Which still exists.

I would think such a feature needs fixing more then an Y axis handscope.

I like the patch but really disappointed for not having fixed the compass.

• Like 2

Im sorry but not a word about the compass bug? Which still exists.

I would think such a feature needs fixing more then an Y axis handscope.

I like the patch but really disappointed for not having fixed the compass.

I've given up on the compass.  Just stick to roads and signage for the time being.  

• Like 2

I've given up on the compass.  Just stick to roads and signage for the time being.

Thats just it. I dont want to. :) Been in the military too long to just follow the roads. Almost against my nature. Maybe i need to upgrade my machine so i can follow the clouds and sun/stars ;)

Is the compass really broken then? I had the feeling that prestine/worn compasses (proper plural?) always worked fine and only damaged ones could go crazy (which I accepted as a kind of feature for broken compasses).

Apart from that I'm really looking forward to that update, especially the further improved survival aspect (regarding cooking and crafting your own clothes)!

Edited by Netzzwerg

Is the compass really broken then? I had the feeling that prestine/worn compasses (proper plural?) always worked fine and only damaged ones could go crazy (which I accepted as a kind of feature for broken compasses).

Apart from that I'm really looking forward to that update, especially the further improved survival aspect (regarding cooking and crafting your own clothes)!

Even pristine compasses are hokey.  I've been standing on the coast staring due East and the compass will show North.  I just figured it was a place filler for a later update.

So if i get this right. If there is a Public Server and the name is something like Not in Clan = Kick, and they kick me then i can report the server?

Where can I find the new admin logs for my server? I can't seem to find them with the others  :)

Edited by Zarniwoop

So if i get this right. If there is a Public Server and the name is something like Not in Clan = Kick, and they kick me then i can report the server?

Yes, that is a direct violation of the public server hosting rules.

Okay. then ill do this. The Name of the Hoster is not in the Servername but ill just send it to all Hoster in the List.

Edit: After some research i found out the server isnt hosted by one of the 5 Official hoster.

Can this be possible? I thought only those 5 have the Permission to host Public DayZ Server.

Edited by Chriss22

Did they do a public server wipe or reset, or was that just a rumor?

• Like 1

Where can I find the new admin logs for my server?

good question

Edited by Tito

I got an in game message today saying a player was looking at me through a scope.

I got an in game message today saying a player was looking at me through a scope.

That is mmm kinda cool but also not. ;)

Public logs just popped up on Vilayer.

Edited by radar1029

Just random serverside message, nothing new or special.