SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

I just had the most insane 2v2 firefight of my life at the prison island (on an 8-pop). But if anyone wants mp5s, mags or ak74s go to the prison: I found maybe 4 mp5s on one server plus 2 30rnd mags, and my friend ended up with an ak74 with mags as well, and full OREL gear. Good job on the update :)

It was that way in 0.52 as well I believe.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember being in a truck on server restart and rejoining where we had left off. It could've been we stopped and got out looking for a gas cannister though so I'm not sure either way.

I reported it to the tracker anyway. Probably a dupe.

Updated the game and I get the following message when I press "play". Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Anyone having the same problem?

Hey I've noticed there some things I haven't seen in a while in exp. These are, the flanged mace, ak bayonet, m65 field jacket, and a couple .52 melee weapons like cleaver and chainsaw.

Played on a dark and stormy 1PP server.

I believe I am seeing less dropped frames.

I have experienced the blurred vision glitch 2 times after being hit by a zombie, haven't seen that in awhile. Bringing up the video settings clears it up as it has in the past.

Item interaction has some new bugs.

I have had a canteen and a can of sardines get "stuck" in my inventory (you could inspect them but not interact with them) and the canteen was showing a dupe at times that would then disappear. I do not believe this was due to server lag/desynch because I could use other items but I guess it could be a residual effect of lag/desynch as well.

Compass glitch had me back tracking south unintentionally. :/

Found raincoat, drybag, 3 different rifles (wanted the repeater but went back for a Mosin as I had found rounds for it), ballistic helmet, food, PET bottle, sledgehammer, and hatchet in about 2 hours of play time. I feel like there might have been a little less ammo than before about but that could have been random.

I fought maybe 6 infected and basically just ran everywhere as the server had only 1 other person on it.

I never achieved "healthy" status or saw light green "energized" no matter how much I ate. I was being very careful not to stuff myself and even though I had eaten quite a bit at one point, I never saw "stuffed" either.

I haven't put in enough time to explore new areas lately but I'm enjoying trying all of these little iterations of DayZ.

Thanks for all the hard work as always, Devs.

• Like 2

Zombies just seem to ignore walls altogether now. Couldn't lock a zombie in a house at all in Elektro. 

Was sad to finally see we can't spam drink at fountains/ponds now. It was a nice feature whilst we had it haha.

Ran through Elektro and Cherno and had the first legit fights in ages. 

Had a fun evening tonight. Seems to play smoother as well, seemed to have much smoother frames in Elektro and Cherno.

• Like 1

OVERHEATING TOO OFTEN :(

also some dupe happened to my 1911.

i had 1911 and wanted to drop it for Amphibia

Amphibia in my inventory turned into 1911 :O

right clicked duped 1911 in my inventory and selected "take 1911" hmm

then in my inventory the 1911 turned into Amphibia :D

no ammo's yet though :'(

Edited by RaviN

Just wondering is the dev team planning to add fancy riflees like HK416 or Barrett M82 in the future?

Edited by LukeTheGunMan

Zombies just seem to ignore walls altogether now. Couldn't lock a zombie in a house at all in Elektro. 

Was sad to finally see we can't spam drink at fountains/ponds now. It was a nice feature whilst we had it haha.

Ran through Elektro and Cherno and had the first legit fights in ages. 

Had a fun evening tonight. Seems to play smoother as well, seemed to have much smoother frames in Elektro and Cherno.

Yep noticed that at various barracks. Also had a thing when I first logged in where zombies where silent until their turn back at you.

Programming:

- New version of BattleEye.

- Antihacks.

- Vehicle persistence.

- The navmesh controller connected to the entity controller.

- Adminlogs added for private shards (logs connects and disconnects of player, tracks damage dealt from player to player, logs messages sent through chat ...).

As someone stated before, what about public servers? I think paying $70 a month is a good enough excuse to give us these abilities as well.

• Like 1

You're grouping the sticks/firewood BEFORE you try adding it to the fireplace kit? If I remember right, I had some difficulty when I tried to add like 3 and then 2 more as opposed to bundling a group of 5 first and then adding it as a whole pile. It was really finicky.

Yeah, after I switched servers went fine, although I couldn't actually see fire place, but I guess that was because I was inside that tin house so texture looks similar to the firekit itself. Anyway, server switch fixed issue. Thanks everyone for their responses.

Edited by ivanderz
  • Like 1

Thought i'd post about an observation I've already found with the logs. I am not sure if this is my GSP's issue (Fragnet) or its indeed BI's, but I believe the logs are missing some player's actions (death). 

I've been streaming our logs on my 2nd monitor while we were playing just to see what it looks like when myself and another admin got caught in a bad situation at the top of the prison island tower. The other admin was killed in an exchange of gun fire. The same player who killed the admin then made his/her way to the top of the tower where I was waiting. I grazed them with my mp5 and he/she continued up the stairs where we killed each other. The reason I know this is the case is b/c on my screen I saw he/she go down from my shooting as I went down and went to black (You are Dead).  I 

As I waited to re-spawn I watched the logs come in on my other monitor and below is all that came in around the time I killed that player and when I died. I also included log events before that to show that it didn't record my other admin (player name is Christian) getting killed from this same player. See below my name in bold red. That player I killed killed Christian but I have no record of it :( nor do I have record of my own death :( 

18:51:42 | Player "Zumbibo"(id=76561198068665116) has been killed by player "Frostmort"(id=76561198119732888)
18:52:00 | Player "Gianluca"(id=76561198037910139) has been disconnected
18:52:03 | Player "Syke" is connected (id=76561198107451732)
18:52:07 | Chat("Allyoooop"(id=76561198068196739)): k
18:52:46 | Player "Gamer2015"(id=76561198156330659) has been disconnected
18:52:48 | Player "Andres"(id=76561198125239111) has been disconnected
18:52:55 | Player "manuel" is connected (id=76561198147761642)
18:53:32 | Player "mRjO"(id=76561198044084635) has been disconnected
18:53:35 | Player "[sAS]IndioNegro"(id=76561198070510882) has been killed by player "The Riddler"(id=76561197982672292)
18:53:54 | Player "H2KU | Toxxik" is connected (id=76561198018833551)
18:54:02 | Player "Flynn"(id=76561198074269851) has been killed by player "Allyoooop"(id=76561198068196739)
18:54:30 | Player "[sAS]Wander"(id=76561198064120522) has been disconnected
18:54:39 | Player "Jack the Ripper"(id=76561198126232860) has been disconnected
18:55:16 | Player "homepc" is connected (id=76561198136867813)
18:55:21 | Chat("FaTaL Apexx"(id=76561198170094390)): hi
18:55:22 | Player "devon"(id=76561198091758275) has been disconnected
18:55:29 | Player "-US-[bR]Maulli"(id=76561198045060285) has been killed by player "Syke"(id=76561198107451732)
18:55:30 | Player "Little CeaseR" is connected (id=76561197988169160)
18:55:48 | Player "[ROCA] Lukazz" is connected (id=76561198099237724)
18:55:51 | Chat("FaTaL Apexx"(id=76561198170094390)): thx bro
18:55:52 | Player "The Riddler"(id=76561197982672292) has been disconnected
Edited by The Riddler

Tents on persitent servers don't stay after restart. Is there a bug involved in 0.53 or have I done something wrong?

Is there a bug with liting a fire ? Ive made one but can not lite it.

Edited by ggm8-pilgram

It took quite a few cans of food and drink but I finally healed and am now healthy.

Scored a magnum and some rounds.

I've been through 2 small and 2 medium size towns and ammo does seem a little more scarce.

Muzzle flare seen while killing the couple infected I saw was nice.

I am getting an error launching the game. I get "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application."

Sorta bummed that they didn't go with adding a big island like they proposed with just tacking Utes onto the map.

Are there still plans on adding a larger island?  Would be a great way to break up having 'hot' areas that everyone seems to congregate.

Edited by AlfalphaCat

Is there a bug with liting a fire ? Ive made one but can not lite it.

It has become more complicated. It's not like in 0.52 and earlier.

Don't know if this is the thread to mention this, but

After every server restart (4 restarts),  my character resets and I spawn back on coast.

Two different .SE servers public/non persistant.

Don't know if this is the thread to mention this, but

After every server restart (4 restarts),  my character resets and I spawn back on coast.

Two different .SE servers public/non persistant.

No No thats only yours imagination and you can check that By Odin Lowe he know because he hav over 1500 post here.....

I thot here is samekind servers<>hive issue but Odin Lowe explane its only players own fault because they cant play this game,

here is link that earlier   http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217313-stable-branch-052-discussion/page-28      :)

No No thats only yours imagination and you can check that By Odin Lowe he know because he hav over 1500 post here.....

I thot here is samekind servers<>hive issue but Odin Lowe explane its only players own fault because they cant play this game,

here is link that earlier   http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217313-stable-branch-052-discussion/page-28      :)

Thanks for the quick response and the link.

I'm sure Odin knows what he is talking about, but in my case it has nothing to do with "I can´t play the game".

I didn't mix up servers, those servers are added to favourites since 0.51 without any problems... and I did try

to rejoin after spawning on coast, several times.

So there is probably some server issues with loading character info, no problems... I tend have short lifes with my characters :)

Just wanted to share my experiences in case there was a problem for others...