SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Has anyone tried the new melee weapons out? I'm curious to see how the hatchet, the ice axe and the trench shovel hold up against zeds. And has anyone found a mace yet?

The hatchet is pretty amazing. 1 or 2 hits for zombies. Got quite a lot of 1 hit kills with it. The ice axe has terrible reach in my opinion, and should be held 1 handed instead of 2 handed. Never found the mace and never used to shovel for the zeds.

Is persistence working correctly for the vehicles/v3s?

I just went joy riding around the map hiding 10 and when I went back to one of the first ones that I hid, It wasn't there.

If there is a limit on how many v3s you can cause to persist I would very much like to know the limit.

not sure if this is the place to post but ah well

just wanted to say a big thanks to the team on the recent security fixes played for 6 hours and not once bumped in to a cheater,did see BE working and some global ban messages pop up on ppl who joined the server,anyways thankyou for making the game playable again

• Like 1

Where can I find the new admin logs for my server? I can't seem to find them with the others  :)

Depending on your GSP, it should be setup for you in the cp somewhere. Sorry that's vague but for us using Fragnet, its a new link that was added. We can stream the logs as we play which is nice :)

Our logs are working....sorta. I made comment under this thread http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220049-stable-branch-053126384/page-4about how they don't seem to reporting everybody's death including myself at the new Prison Island. If you're a server owner/operator, give feedback there on your logs so far. 

Edited by The Riddler

Is persistence working correctly for the vehicles/v3s?

I just went joy riding around the map hiding 10 and when I went back to one of the first ones that I hid, It wasn't there.

If there is a limit on how many v3s you can cause to persist I would very much like to know the limit.

The max I got is 2.  Drove to Zeleno, found another, parked them close to Green Mountain, looking for another, then server reset.  Found one near GM, drove back to where I stashed the other 2 and they were both there.  Got too excited tried to exit a moving truck.  Too bad I don't have the option to tuck n' roll, cause trying to get out of a moving vehicle, no matter how slow, is Death!  Just for you I will try to get a Jay Leno collection going.

Character got reset after playing for about six hours in 053.  I am have not been able to light a fire in 0.53

From the Russian Cheat developers:

Logged, ran, killed a player. ESP works, there is a small problem, but they can be solved. Silent kill works too. Did teleport to the airport, took the player AKM.
Conclusion: Everything works as it was.
Tomorrow, or rather today completed yet ESP and release it. Memhack`s couple of days lie in the test.

Original: __https://vk.c0m/cffteam_ru?w=wall-63264133_69765

I shocked, why am so much big words about new anticheat protection...

Edited by Lasta

I made it 3/4 of the way around the map tonight! I started off in Solnichniy, ran the whole way north to Olsha, ran the whole way west to Severograd, picked up a V3S in Gvozdno, and proceeded to drive down the western side of the map until I hit the coast at Kamenka -- all in one session, all on one server, and it restarted just as I parked at the coast. Couldn't have asked for a better first day of 0.53 Stable :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220125-map-changes-in-053-rewind-and-play-it-again/

• Like 1

Anyone noticed the apparent bug when you cannot cook steaks on fire? They rapidly become ruined when placed in the fireplace slots.

Edited by saamohod

Anyone noticed the apparent bug when you cannot cook steaks on fire? They rapidly become ruined when placed in the fireplace slots.

Not bugged. You gotta use the cooking implements.
  • Like 1

Not bugged. You gotta use the cooking implements.

damn. that is a whole lot of bag space lost right there.

Character got reset after playing for about six hours in 053.  I am have not been able to light a fire in 0.53

No problems lighting fires so far. You can't add sticks to the crafted fire kit if the ground under you isn't leveled enough, if you're on a slightly steep hill it might not even work. After adding either 5sticks or 3 logs to the crafted fire kit, you can light it and add more wood if you want. I find that even just sticks last quite long enough for you to cook and get some heat. Heatpacks works great now. They go from pristine to baldy damaged before getting ruined and stopping giving heat.

Note: The fires only light after the "matches" animation is complete.

2iiaosz.jpg

24cry21.jpg

damn. that is a whole lot of bag space lost right there.

Eventually we might be able to use a cooking fork or just a sharp stick to cook 1 piece at a time. It's a lot of space right now, the tripod plus the cooking pot, but if you think about it, it was rather silly to just "throw" the steaks in the fire to cook them.

- Players are experiencing desync while next to each other/ in vehicles.

um this is kinda a big issue. especially since. a) zombies are retarded, b.) there are no other entities apart from animals, which run away from you. c) that leaves players, and the majority of players want to interact or harm other players. you'd think. being player orientated, the second a player is near you the game shits its self.. what a joke. 

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

I was on a "persistence enabled" server and after a restart 2 cars and a backpack disappeared.....

Did this server disable persistence and not label it? Or is this a 0.53 problem?

Wish we could actually tell when servers are persistent regardless of their names

I was on a "persistence enabled" server and after a restart 2 cars and a backpack disappeared.....

Did this server disable persistence and not label it? Or is this a 0.53 problem?

Wish we could actually tell when servers are persistent regardless of their names

It's got to be a bug or something wrong somewhere. we have persistence on 2 of our servers and are getting the same result... No persistence. :(

Am I the only one who can play this game only during night time at home after coming back from work? Why all official servers use the real server time? What is this bad joke?

Compass glitch had me back tracking south unintentionally. :/

Is there ANY confirmation that this is a bug and not a feature? A compass constructed like the ingame on could easily be flawed in a way that directions are shifted by some x degrees in that the printing atop the floating disc is not put on correctly or the underlying needle is shifted. It can happen on a pristine compass, as well as a badly damaged one could be functioning properly. As you cannot open such a construction easily it would be very hard / impossible to fix.

Being a good tracker, I think it would actually be a nice feature to have to do a sanity check if the compass is working okay, before either keeping it, tossing it or "having to remember how the directions are shifted" which could easily cause brain malfunction.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who can play this game only during night time at home after coming back from work? Why all official servers use the real server time? What is this bad joke?

It was set to that in .51 or .52 I think, and a lot of the providers switch it back to the 9am to 1pm cycle after a couple of days.

• Like 1

Eventually we might be able to use a cooking fork or just a sharp stick to cook 1 piece at a time. It's a lot of space right now, the tripod plus the cooking pot, but if you think about it, it was rather silly to just "throw" the steaks in the fire to cook them.

yeah i know, but i really dont want to go from an improvised back pack to something bigger just to have to hold a cooking tripod and a saucepan. i do like your steak on a stick idea though.

• Like 2

It was set to that in .51 or .52 I think, and a lot of the providers switch it back to the 9am to 1pm cycle after a couple of days.

I really hope so.

It is not a practical solution to use server time. I see it like a bad obsession of reality. In game dark when in real word is dark, or in game rain when in real world is rain. Flight Simulator X has something like that but Microsoft aslo let the user to change the time.

DayZ IS a game and will remain so. A great game, best ever in the survival category.

I really hope so.

It is not a practical solution to use server time. I see it like a bad obsession of reality. In game dark when in real word is dark, or in game rain when in real world is rain. Flight Simulator X has something like that but Microsoft aslo let the user to change the time.

DayZ IS a game and will remain so. A great game, best ever in the survival category.

Yeah well, right now you have the choice to play on a "daytime" server or normal ones. 

I still think that the idea to sync in-game time with real time is a good idea, but I can't stress enough the need of dynamic shadows for that matter. Fortunately, this feature is planned with the coming renderer (bohemia said that it will be implemented in Q1 2015). And when this time will finally have come, playing dayz in night time will be really really fun/spooky and give a complete new type of game experience. 

• Like 1

I still think that the idea to sync in-game time with real time is a good idea

Then you have nothing to do in your real life, just play in the DayZ every day, in the morning, at night, anytime you want. I personally don't want to search for special fewer daytime servers, I want official servers. Nobody told me that when I buy this game I will have to play at a certain hour.

We're with Vilayer and I'm told the new tools are streamed directly via your ACPlayer through log viewer or something. Guess we have to wait for the GSP's to catch up and implement tools to support the new logs. As yet we see chat logs via log viewer but no kill/damage logs?

The kill logs should be in, but the damage log feature has been cut for now.

• Like 2