SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

The biggest issue is hydrating.  It should not take 2 minutes of game time to hydrate your character with an animation you can't cancel.  This needs to be fixed.  Either let us cancel the animation, shorten the animation or make the intake of liquid per animation greater.

There are workarounds posted elsewhere in this thread (and in the Experimental thread) that help you save some time on that.

It is my opinion that consuming resources should take some time. You should be vulnerable to a degree when you need to stop and refuel yourself. The amount of water we need to consume does still seem a bit high, though.

• Like 1

I don't get chance to get online until 8pm in the week, and I don't want to be forced to play in the dark for the few hours I'm on. Public servers should have the option to set it, too.

I played for 4 hours straight on a daytime Public server last night. "Outliers" exist, you just have to search for a while to find them sometimes.

• Like 1

First post in the forums...

So I loot up and find a VS3 in Kamenka.  Schwing!  I start cruising back towards Cherno and as I cross through a back yard just off the road in Balota, the truck disappears into the ground, and me along with it.  I can still use action buttons to stop the engine, get out, etc., but nothing happens and I just see a weird perspective of the surface of the grass jumping around.  I log and get the red message of doom that my character couldn't be found and will be reset.  FIX PLEASE.

Which also says damage logs will be included.

And PVE logs were mentioned previously too.

I'm just wondering why these features were advertsied as coming and ready for us then cut last minute without any sort of communication.

My server was really, really looking forward to some good logs to help moderate and instead we got 1/3rd of the promised log types and even those hardly work. I love this game but it just kinda sucks y'know? 

Of course, that's quite understandable, but please keep in mind that those features weren't cut just on a whim. It seems like the amounts of data being generated from the cut features would have an impact on server performance which would be big enough for the team to decide not to include them in the update.

• Like 2

I LOVE all the chernarus rain .... and heres why:

6geehxo.jpg
sr7s97k.jpg

I didn't have a waterbottle or ANYTHING to water these damn pumpkins plants and then miraculously i hear the crack of thunder and lightning and after this sound is heard i realize and recite to myself "maybe dayz gods will be generous and have already coded in rain as a viable source of watering plants"...They did and It was a good day on skalitsy island , i've now got my secret stash house all locked up (sorry guys can't reveal it, even though it's incredibly easy to find lol. Long story short, i'm very glad this patch is out to stable, but i really hope for some new renderer improvements soon so night time can be as beautiful as it should be and so we can also get working on the zombie numbers , i didn't see one zombie (or animal for that matter) the entire 2 hours of play (but i was only on skalitsy). OVerall i like this stable patch a lot (no lags or desync yet, not even rubberbanding or losing of persistence stored items, and i'm on a persistence ON server) but i really can't wait to see the zombie and animal count go up significantly , i mean for a huge country of woods there should be much more game =), and i would love to see some skalitsy island animals =)!

EDIT: By the way , pumpkins are the best fruit to eat, it brought me from orange hungry to energized after eating a whole one and drinking some water! WOOT pumpkins save lives!

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Of course, that's understandable. It seems like the data being generated from the cut features would have an impact on server performance big enough for the team to decide not to include it in the update.

Thats a pretty damn good reason actually. Thank you 

• Like 3

How come the new admin logs don't report GUID on kills and Connect/Disconnect? Are we supposed to become detectives once again, looking through steam to find the real names and GUIDs they whitelisted with on our server? Or am I missing something?

I would like to report in my 1st thoughts of this new patch.

I played for about 3hours last night, and over all had a fairly smooth game play experience. In .52 I often would get game crashes exiting servers, last night I did not see that. The graphic seemed to be slightly better and frame rates seemed slightly better. Trucks are still buggy and pretty corky, my friend jumped out of one and apparently died, it was still moving. Not sure if that was bug or not, but it seems they are still wishy washy.

Camp fires I messed with and def saw the changes there, you gotta work to keep them going. I noticed they require much more attention to keep them going fuel and so fourth. It adds realism and a new little challenge.

Over all I happy with the new patch, keeping in mind this is a work in progress and knowing some things are still most definitely being developed.

I played for 4 hours straight on a daytime Public server last night. "Outliers" exist, you just have to search for a while to find them sometimes.

I did find one that I managed to get on to last night, but had no control over a server I run for my team whether it was day or night though, but we're switching to private server soon anyway, so I'm not all too fussed about it.

First post in the forums...

So I loot up and find a VS3 in Kamenka. Schwing! I start cruising back towards Cherno and as I cross through a back yard just off the road in Balota, the truck disappears into the ground, and me along with it. I can still use action buttons to stop the engine, get out, etc., but nothing happens and I just see a weird perspective of the surface of the grass jumping around. I log and get the red message of doom that my character couldn't be found and will be reset. FIX PLEASE.

In my opinion trucks and vehicle mechanics are probably the in the most crude state of development and zombies taking a close second. Trucks are super wishy washy, and on several occasions I have seen players die in game either from bugs or the trucks giving there positions away. What happened too you happened to many other players. Growing pains. Me I really only ride in them on lite servers, and carefully. Edited by CJFlint

How come the new admin logs don't report GUID on kills and Connect/Disconnect? Are we supposed to become detectives once again, looking through steam to find the real names and GUIDs they whitelisted with on our server? Or am I missing something?

Was about to ask what's the ID that's shown in the logs, as it isn't the GUID? Can't really do anything from this with just the name of a player and not the GUID...

• Like 1

So the ID next to their name is indeed their steam ID and not their GUID? 

Below is an example from our logs for other who are curious what it looks like. 

12:45:52 | Player "|KW| OLHA O TRE"(id=76561197998491724) has been killed by player "Amtec"(id=76561198065382233)

• Like 1

Exactly. What can we do with the Steam ID? GUID is the way we find everyone on the server, without that we are flying even "blinder" than before.

- V3S can clip under ground in certain circumstances.

what certain circumstance has to happen?

Is like before the last exp patch when you drove a truck and just randomly youre in the ground and if you eject youre dead?

Im kinda disappointed that old bugs come back in new patches.

You've got it completely wrong. It's the same as always. They fixed the "Falling through the ground at any given time." But there are still rare and extreme situations. For example, my V3 clipped underground when I cut down a tree and it fell on top of it. My next v3 was when I was driving downhill very fast and I went uphill very suddenly, very quickly, and my nose stuck into the hill for a moment before returning to normal.

It's hardly gamebreaking. You'd have to be doing some very wreckless things to cause a clipping issue.

Exactly. What can we do with the Steam ID? GUID is the way we find everyone on the server, without that we are flying even "blinder" than before.

With a steam ID you can use this tool to obtain the GUID.  Just reference from there.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 3

All you can do with a steam id from my knowledge is find their steam profile with it. Cant ban them or anything of that matter. I cant think of anything useful you can do with a steam id, Its almost pointless unless there is something i'm missing.

IGNORE THIS 

http://dayzguid.com/

use that link above enter the steam id to find the guid id. 

Edited by HaveADeath

Welcome to the software development cycle.

Try verifying the integrity of the game cache.

i've done that for about the fifth time since the new patch.. so thats 'as stated' not the issue.. that was the first thing I did when it happend.. so nope not the problem..thnx anyway

With a steam ID you can use this tool to obtain the GUID.  Just reference from there.

Oh how I love you and your musty :D Many thanks!

• Like 1

A lot of new forumers posting "FIX NOW" make me sad. :(

A lot of forumers who think this game is anywhere near done make me sad. (of course the V3S is still "corky")

I'm happy to see that some of the new security measures are working.

Let's all keep the dev cycle in the fore front of our thoughts and I'm going to stay positive in anticipation of the new renderer.

I hope that all of these little performance tweaks we're seeing are the kind that carry over when we switch renderers and make for a more ready streamlined foundation.

You are the man. Thank you for replying before an angry mob got started.

• Like 3

Any news on the helicrash being invisible on persistence on?

Also, does anyone here with private shard had any log of the "hit" type yet?

So far i only have the "kill" log.