SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

So my wife says "look honey, here's a picture in a foreign language magazine of a plant I grow". I look, V3S goes out of control and high centers on a spilt rail fence. /sigh.

• Like 2

When trying to light fireplace and it says "cannot light it here, its not safe" you still use one match.

Any idea of silencers, do they spawn ATM?

Found a few old returning bugs in this patch.

Random death walking up a set of barn stairs (only me in server).

Uncontrollable shaking when using scopes - Healthy status, no injuries and not cold.

Zombies still sound like they're in your backpack even though they're 100 yds away.

Zombie detection for sounds still over sensitive.

Zombies still coming through walls etc.

Not complaining. Just making you all aware.

Edited by TheWeedMan

Some of the biggest issues I've noticed is zombies walking through walls and hitting me from outside a building when I'm on the second floor.

Also, I found a makarov on patch day and some magazines. The server then went down some 30 minutes later and when i re-joined I didn't have my makarov anymore. Still had the magazines though so no idea what happened there.

Other than these small issues I can't say much else about the new patch except that good job BI, and keep the awesome patches coming!

Kinda like this?

HOLY SHI*** !! I would so freak out lol ! :D In my case I didnt hit the door but one of the inside walls. Also, the door opened fully not like when you hit it.

I did upvote yours, because i think its the same bug.

Edited by halp

I'm seeing another update to experimentalprep on SteamDB. Here's to hoping we see 0.54 this week on Experimental :)

HOLY SHI*** !! I would so freak out lol ! :D In my case I didnt hit the door but one of the inside walls. Also, the door opened fully not like when you hit it.

I did upvote yours, because i think its the same bug.

Thanks! Andy replied in a note to the tracker and they've confirmed this bug. Its scheduled to be fixed!!! 

I haven't tried it in 0.53, but yeah, in 0.52 if you put things in the fire it would heat them up and you could then put them back into your inventory and it would keep you warm until the item eventually cooled off. Not sure that works in 0.53 due to what you said about things getting ruined. I know you could pull a Luke-Skywalker-in-Empire-Strikes-Back and use the already-warm pile of guts to keep warm as well, that should still work.

Thanks for the tip about the pot. Are you saying you were unable to put other things in, or you weren't able to try? I tried putting in vegetables and it didn't work, but I don't know if I tried to put meat in or not.

I tried other items but it only allowed meat.  On a side note, to limit space, you can store your meat in the pot while it's in your bag.

Anyone having trouble looting dead bodies?  We had a guy run up to our truck and died, couldn't loot his gear.  Then my buddy died, and I couldn't loot his gear.  Tried stripping naked, cycling my own gear, etc..  Had no luck in either case.  

I tried other items but it only allowed meat.  On a side note, to limit space, you can store your meat in the pot while it's in your bag.

Gotcha. I had been doing that in 0.52, but I hadn't noticed the switch to "meat only" in 0.53 and just assumed you couldn't put anything in it. Thanks for the heads-up.

A couple of relevant tweets from Eugen...

Stable hotfix update on Wednesday maybe:

...and a word on trucks driving underwater:

I just noticed I get couple fps more, approx. 10-20%, by enabling in-game player list (p)! And it helps A LOT with sub-60fps rates.

Edited by Ansssi

Anyone having trouble looting dead bodies?  We had a guy run up to our truck and died, couldn't loot his gear.  Then my buddy died, and I couldn't loot his gear.  Tried stripping naked, cycling my own gear, etc..  Had no luck in either case.  

Not bodies, but multiple packs that people have dropped (possibly during death) that disallowed me from pulling anything out of them.

A few things:

Choppers seem to be persistent, not sure about cop cars though (can anyone confirm?).

Yeah - saw one the other night in Pustoshka near the church.  Had a pink derringer in it among other things.  lol - that's one confident cop.

• Like 1

Did the hydration level requirements change in patch 0.53? I used to be able to get full neon green from neutral by drinking 4 full water bottles. Now, I can take the 20L gas can and filled it with water 4 times before I get to neon green. Really, 80L (20Gal) of water that is equivalent to drinking almost 1/2 of a 50Gal drum is that even humanly possible?

The hydration has definitely changed. Takes 4-5 canteens for me to go from dark green to light green. Also thirsty appears noticeably sooner for me. 

Overall this patch seems good. We played a few hours without issue but heres two things ( sorry if already discussed, i've read few pages of the thread but not all of them ). 

V3S/Player persistance : The persistance is great but have an issue. The position of the V3S is saved on server restart but the player last saved position seems to be the last position where he touched the ground. We tested getting out of the truck every ~1km to register our position and make sure we respawn near our truck but it's anoying to do so. 

Player Wipe on server restart : Happened to me again today. Server restarted ( no msg received X sec ). I waited about 30-45sec on this message then i quit to the menu. Join the server back and boom wiped. My friend who was playing with me was OK. We had similar issue on other patch, waiting much longer seemed to fix for me and i think ill keep waiting before rejoin after restart. 

Thanks !

No one noticed the V3S persistance issue ? 

Has anyone noticed that the ratio of Mi-8 crashes to "smoker" crashes is way skewed? I feel like before it was usually 2 smokers to an Mi-8, sometimes 3, but now i'm seeing almost exclusively Mi-8s.

Greetings,

So with the latest changes, will tents still be wiped every week or will they persist?

Thanks for the hard work devs!

Regards,

Splinter

Greetings,

So with the latest changes, will tents still be wiped every week or will they persist?

Regards,

Splinter

Excellent question. Do I need to go pick up my tent before maintenance starts later today?

Has anyone noticed that the ratio of Mi-8 crashes to "smoker" crashes is way skewed? I feel like before it was usually 2 smokers to an Mi-8, sometimes 3, but now i'm seeing almost exclusively Mi-8s.

I don't go looking for crashes very often, but I did run into a UH1Y ("smoker") crash right next to the road south of Pustoska last night.

Excellent question. Do I need to go pick up my tent before maintenance starts later today?

Can't hurt! Wish I had a definitive answer, sorry. I would say it's highly likely.

I've noticed this as well. I've only found Mi-8's so far in .53 personally. 

Greetings,

Regards,

Splinter

I believe the wipes will remain every Wednesday when they do maintenance. I'd suggest picking everything up Tuesday night here in the US just to play it safe.  

The one server I have a tent on went whitelist and I am not whitelisted.  AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

RhC: Private / Persistent / Extra Yolosauce!

I like this server, as well.  I haven't located a way to make an application to this one.   They didn't appear to spam any information on how to get whitelisted when it was unlocked.

The one server I have a tent on went whitelist and I am not whitelisted.  AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

I agree 100%. They definitely put a dent in the cheater's ability to ruin our fun.....(sigh) but i'm sad to report they're back.....see below: 

I have followed all of the steps to report our evidence captured early this morning (US central time) at the request of the Feb 6th status report (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220294-status-report-06-feb-15/#entry2213614).

Below is the feedback tracker I created on the matter. There is a link to the video evidence in there for you to review. This took place on our server (Welcome to the Jungle // 24/7 Daytime //.  Its not me in the video but one of my admins who stayed up most of the night interacting with these idiots and then taking time to edit the video down. Please do not repost the youtube link in this thread, you can watch the video on your own from the feedback tracker link.  The great news is we got their names and ID's thanks to the logs.  :beans:  :beans:

ID:  0021314

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Well hackers were going to make a come back at some point but atleast maybe not as bad as it was.