boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

stop running around so much and it should fix it. it takes a while for you to catch your breathe

Did you not read the entire post you quoted?

I don't think I've ever had the game crash before, but since 0.51 stable I have had it happen several times, on two computers.

Game sometimes freezes, then in background the windows dialog is there saying "Dayz has stopped working"

This dialog also appears everytime I exit the game also.

Was chatting to another dude (in teamspeak) I met in the game yesterday..he said he had never had a crash. 15mins later, he got one :)

Anyone else getting this ?

I think it was .49 it used to crash every time I logged out.

Experience slowdown/second or two of freezing occasionally but not often.

My housemate experiences the slowdown more than me, but that was last patch. Haven't played this one.

One thing he finds (or found, don't know if it's still the case) is that he can't connect to fragnet servers.

Haha classic!! Good times. I'm enjoying this game more than ever right now. It's getting better and better with new patches bringing lots of new content and features regularly now.

Are you absolutely sure of this, i.e. chopper models now show up in persistent servers? Soviet helicopters were spawning fine in .50 persistence off as well just so you know. 

I was on a persistence off server this morning and came across the new huey crash and soviet crash basically right next to each other. Seeing that there was a loaded SKS dropped next to the Huey, I am assuming that it's been looted and someone walked off with an m4 or Aug. 

I think it was on an official server. I don't have non-persistent servers in my favorites right now.

Actually Happened to me for the 1st time last night. But only once. What always happens to me is when ever i exit a game. My screen will freeze on the server list screen and i'll have to Ctrl+ Alt+ Del to get back to my desktop. :(  I'm just thankful that i'm not a server hopper or it would take me forever to join each game :)

I had a bunch of crashes last night. It was happening about every 10-15 minutes. I deleted all local content and redownloaded the game. After that the only time the game crashed on me was when the server reset and disconnected me. Might be a things didn't patch right.

• Like 1

i also have this problem since 0.51 my game has crashed at least 5 times and this never happened to me before this patch

sorry for bad english :D

My mistake, doing a lot of posting in both threads this morning.

Either way, my point stands: whining about ghillie suits is stupid and in no way compares to golden guns.

Ghillie suits and golden guns are both things that mainly appeal to the call of duty kiddies.

1. You take some clothes.

2. You sew some mesh onto the clothes

3. you stuff grass into the mesh.

They teach you all the skills necessary to do this in 6th grade home ec class..

literally every kid who has played outdoors has done this.

There are people who are barely 18 in recon training who do this.

Look at this ghillie coat and tell me you are going to overheat in a freezing climate such as Chernaurus. If you think it's too hot, you just thin it out. You can put as much or as little material on it as you like... It's custom made in the field to fit your conditions. And they are in fact not very heavy. You have probably only seen store-bought ghillies that cover your entire body like a wookie in some fake cloth strips and wool that are unnecessarily hot and heavy. Actual snipers just go into the field with a mesh and use grass. Half-dead grass at that. Half-dead grass isn't heavy.

The reason every soldier isn't equipped with one is because most soldiers aren't snipers. They aren't trying to lay still and hide in a bush, they are running around to flank and shit like that. Ghillie would be close to useless to them. Not to mention most soldiers operate in urban environments. When you are busting down doors it's kind of detrimental to have grass and string flying around in your face, and clogging up your action, blocking your vest, the list goes on.

tl;dr get off your high horse.

Chernarus isn't freezing, it has a temperate climate. And yes, you'll overheat in a temperate climate.

And good job showing a picture of a far less extreme ghillie suit than the one we get in game. What the fuck does it matter if you would or wouldn't overheat in that particular suit, if that isn't the suit we have in the game?

This is what we get, and you would overheat running around in this:

lqtdZQK-672x1024.png

Edited by Sencha

Ghillie suits and golden guns are both things that mainly appeal to the call of duty kiddies.

I don't agree. Ghillie suits have their purposes beyond PvP. Golden guns are purely for show, they have no functional purpose.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever had the game crash before, but since 0.51 stable I have had it happen several times, on two computers.

Game sometimes freezes, then in background the windows dialog is there saying "Dayz has stopped working"

This dialog also appears everytime I exit the game also.

Was chatting to another dude (in teamspeak) I met in the game yesterday..he said he had never had a crash. 15mins later, he got one :)

Anyone else getting this ?

Merged to stable patch discussion, carry on.

I finally went out searching for heli crashes on non-persistent servers today, didn't have much time so i only found two non-smoking helis not even worth mentioning lol . but surprisingly i was well geared already... I started my journey by trying to find some gas for a truck which , luckily, only took about 20 minutes as i was above severograd and found a beautiful gas canister in one of its newest spawn points that i found and posted about earlier this thread:

RrA3pZU.jpg

After grabbing the gas i was pretty excited to find a truck and high tail it to the NW - Vybor region for some Helo-Hunting .... After a few crazy battles with the undead i find this beast in my new favorite regroup spot :

YaOMPkO.jpg

.... As soon as i saw her i knew the perfect name for this one to commemorate my last truck Bertha , that perfect name : Bessie .So me and Bessie head off but before i make a few tweaks in her engine with my trusty tool (can anyone guess what it is?) on the grassy knoll hill of severograd whilst watching the sun set :

XxtHz8R.jpg

Tragedy had to strike , this being Dayz , and it did ... Oh it did ... I'll spare you the details long story short after raiding all of NW airfield and Vybor military ,  i was run off the road by a zed party chasing an animal and i smashed into a damn set of rocks .... Bessie being broken and all, i left some food and bandages so she may never be hungry and always have something to wipe her tears with .. Oh Bessie... After this great V3S's death i decide to man up and head for Myshinko which was just a few clicks west to find another vehicle , and possibly name this one Michelle, but before reaching my destination i see , low and behold, the damn deer that killed Bessie (indirectly) so i line up my scope and brush the dust off of my moisin and long scope and take a deep breath and fuck this deer up from like 700 m away , he deserved it lol but now i feel bad...

Edit: sorry for bad quality, you tube's compression sucks...

All in all a great play session , all without seeing a single person , strange =0 ! Now off to work , see you guys in chernarus after hard labor ;) !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Things I like:

Haven't seen a Hopper since .49, I hate them little bastards

The new AK74 series of weapons

The V3s's, the look so little when they go by you but so frigging huge when coming at you..

Private shards

Things I don't like

Spawn points seem to have changed, not as many as there were before.  (and still getting beat to death by zeds before I can even see anything on screen)

Haven't seen too many of the new old man/wicked Uncle Ernie Zed.  They should be more prolific.

Edited by Barnabus

Ghillie not working on stable? i find five netting and burlap sacks. but it seems like the crafting itself is not working. nothing happens if i am dragging the netting on the burlap sack... it just switches position in the inventory.

Edited by buzzab

Ghillie not working on stable? i find five netting and burlap sacks. but it seems like the crafting itself is not working. nothing happens if i am dragging the netting on the burlap sack... it just switches position in the inventory.

If I'm not mistaken, the burlap sack needs to be cut into strips with a blade first before it can be combined with netting.

• Like 2

You need to cut the burlap sacks into strips first now.

Tatanko ninja'd me. B)

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Flexing my new video card and ram with this update and things seem to work quite well for me.

Still no generic first person only servers for the Northeast or even Eastern seaboard that I could find.

I found a generic first person server with fairly low ping but it was not labelled for region and seemed to be lagging a bit more than ping would have dictated.

Similar to prior patches, ruined jackets still keep you dry but because they no longer have thermal properties you can wear them with most other gear and stay at a good temp (considering current season setting).

Did you not read the entire post you quoted?

yes, i did, but i just now saw it was fixed. i made the post just after you fixed it. didnt see that line. idk if it was there before i made the post, but when i quoted it originally before posting it wasnt there.

Did the new stable patch fix the gun sounds not playing when being shot? I can't seem to find any info on it? 

Not sure myself but it's more than gun sounds being messed up and not heard.  Eating and drinking sounds don't play, items in your hands disappear when you look a certain direction, can't tell what direction the infected are screaming from.  It's all borked at the moment.

• Like 1

Did the new stable patch fix the gun sounds not playing when being shot? I can't seem to find any info on it? 

Merged to Stable Patch Discussion, carry on.

• Like 1

The sounds are completely screwed up atm.... But if i remember correctly, the devs wanted to do a complete overhaul of the existing soundengine (so no hotfixes, one big patch and thats it.)

I would have to say no since someone shotgunned twice me in the chest, I lived but I didn't hear the blast either time he fired.  Took out my legs and I had the draw weapon/cancel action bug right then, so when he switched to an AK, stepped back out in the hall and blasted me I heard that.

Edited by Barnabus