SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Started playing again this week, finally starting to think "oh this game is going the right direction :D" with a big smile. 2 minutes later I fall trough a building and loose my 6 hours of gameplay earned gear due to me falling... trough the freaking floor. And yes I ran back but someone took it all..

I just ran, and suddnely I was dead, I saw the message "your leg is in pain", "your leg is in extreme pain" or something like that and the screen said "you're dead". When I came back I could see myself on the floor outside of the building like I freaking suicided from the windows. I know it was me since I had some minor gear left on my corpse.

I mean what the heck, the alpha have been out for almost 1 year now, and you still fall trough the building floor to a certain death while just walking? Not even being close to the walls or anything..

Please stop adding gear no one wants such as electrical sticks and crap like that and put ALL YOUR programmers, designers and developers to fix the current glitches problems instead of adding more and more problems for you to solve.

im sorry but u need to research game development.

also try and find info on the development process... also watch Brian Hicks latest interview... /interviews!

just to give u a quick fix.. development is branched.. different departments do different things..

so easy for us gamers to just say.... OH THERES A PROBLEM GET EVERYONE ON TO IT AND FIX IT.

again... learn the development process and there is plenty of info on it so.. also brian said if u are frustrated with the game take a break and come back in beta?

everytime I log into these forums its about broken mechanix in this game and not a discussion on the game.

A L P H A... not even beta..

DONT SPEND 6 - 8 HOURS OF GAMETIME IF U CANT ON THE CHIN  U WILL DIE BY A BUG!

U UNDERSTAND BEFORE JOINING THE GAME......... or don't you???????

would be nice to log into these forums and be able to read something other then people crying about things they should know by now.

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

Been away from dayz a few months, and come back to some very cool changes, good work guys! Not sure if this has been asked yet ....being cold, my toon has a pristine rain jacket, a russian winter hat, hunter pants and military boots, he's energized/hydrated/healthy, it's the middle of the day and sunny, and has been running more or less constantly,  yet he's getting colder and colder. Is this a bug/ unpolished feature, or working as intended?

Fragnet released info on BEC for any other server owners hosted by them reading this. Here is the message below so you don't have to login and read it. Its regarding BEC's changes to handling of tags for the scheduler. Sorry if there is a topic on this in another thread, but thought it would be relevant since issues arose in .49. 

Your BEC is being updated, please note that the new version is using new tags for the scheduler:
http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/

So if you wish to schedule an event to start after an hour and to repeat 5 times every 30 minutes after the first trigger you should use the following:
<start>010000</start>
<runtime>003000</runtime>
<loop>5</loop>

Sincerely, 
Fragnet Networks AB

BEC seems to be working better? Messages are displaying as scheduled but still issues with restarts :( Every morning I wake up and unfortunately find players showing play time of  9+ hours   >:( So manual restart it is. Overall I must say besides the playtime issues with freezing/delay that i'm slowly getting used to, I am having a lot of fun. Having to stay warm to me has been fun and not necessarily a challenge. I honestly apply real life survival basics and follow that order of things when it comes to getting my loot as a new spawn. Sometimes it takes a while but that's DayZ to me and I survive on. 

I am honestly really happy with all the changes to DayZ recently. The 0.49 patch made the game feel very different and much better and as a result I am looking forward to the 0.50 patch but tbh I'd much rather the hacking problem get dealt with first and foremost so we actually have the chance to test this game out as it is intended: on a full server!

Most people just avoid full servers because as it stands the only way to test any of this out is on a relatively empty server to just avoid the hackers. The downside of that is they are missing out on the core experience of what DayZ offers: Interaction. That should be the priority over anything else. That and some sort of warning for a server restart... At least the mod gives you some control over that!

There are so many streamers that give DayZ a lot of free advertising and they are at the point of leaving your game by the wayside because of these issues. You want this fairytale experience but the reality is that most people avoid the fairytale because of the fear of hackers roaming the full servers. Alpha or not, if you don't fix the hacker problem first or deal with the server crashing issue very soon the game will NEVER reach its potential.

How come i have played close to 600 hours and never encountered a hacker? I'm usually on full servers to.

How come i have played close to 600 hours and never encountered a hacker? I'm usually on full servers to.

Yes I only play on full servers and have yet to find a hacker in 860 hours , some people are just too worried about it avoiding certain servers that might be completely clean of hackers .. if you keep encountering hackers on one server id say stay far away from that server , and play on first person servers as there are so many less of them I believe that statistically you have to have a better chance at not seeing one since there's a Lot less people interested in playing first person only (that's just a theory though as I've never seen a hacker on 700+ hours of play on first person servers).

i only saw one hacker on 1 person servers in 300 hours of gameplay (90% 1st person), with the very annoying "drop weapon" cheat. luckily, this guy was the worst player ever and i could punch his face 'till he sleep and cut his face with his axe (the only weapon i could grab in hands).

the few times i played on 3rd person server, high PVP place almost always had a random flying guy or people shooting one hundred 7.62*39 through their SKS without reloading. i didn't try 3rd person in 0.49 but i heard that cheater were less common but still there.

try 1st person : more immersion, no "look over the wall" shit, more demanding gameplay, more friendly encounters and less cheater. it's an easy choice, at least for me.

Is there any place where I can find the mathematical formulas to calculate the damage of meele and ranged hits?

I know this tables: http://dayzintel.com/dayz-stats/weapon-stats
but i dont know how to apply the armor base and other stuff.

just to theorycraft

Haven't played the standalone for a while. Last evening I was on NW-AF with my buddy and we didn't find anything usefull at all. Only crap in barracks and prisons. Even after restarts. Is this persistence thing preventing fresh loot from spawning on restarts?!

Also we went to the military base near Vybor and saw this:

10732603_102049710058hho12.jpg

How? Why? :D

Edited by Sleezy
  • Like 1

Haven't played the standalone for a while. Last evening I was on NW-AF with my buddy and we didn't find anything usefull at all. Only crap in barracks and prisons. Even after restarts. Is this persistence thing preventing fresh loot from spawning on restarts?!

Oh! Thats where my backpack went to.... lol!

Its gotten almost too boring to play. In two hours of running around and I found nothing but zombies to axe and no loot. It makes me wonder what the devs are thinking to keep people interested in playing.

• Like 1

Its gotten almost too boring to play. In two hours of running around and I found nothing but zombies to axe and no loot. It makes me wonder what the devs are thinking to keep people interested in playing.

What game are you playing? Theres lots of loot. Just don't play on persistance enabled servers as they are broken.

• Like 2

oh, it seemed that a group of wanderer and backpacker were astonished by some zobies, were eaten and/or were dragged away.

lets see if I starve or freeze to death this time on the all new no loot servers where zombies from 2km away see u and never quit.run till u die freakin awesome concept.wtf happened guys come on get your shit together or just scrap this project.

lets see if I starve or freeze to death this time on the all new no loot servers where zombies from 2km away see u and never quit.run till u die freakin awesome concept.wtf happened guys come on get your shit together or just scrap this project.

OK man, I get your pissed, but this is a discussion about the patch, not the game as a whole. So lets get back on track. 

Last night I tried throwing some grenades around, after a few hours and a restart I noticed I had my grenades back, unlimited grenades?

last time i played 0.49 (last week), surviving was really really easy. stable suffer from the "chemlight everywere" syndrome we experienced in exp 0.50 last thursday ?

if it's the case, try to go further inland, surviving from berry and apple. if nothing consumable spawn on the coast. freezing takes ages in this build, so don't rags your tee-shirt immediatly and it should be fine until you reach a town with loot.

fighting with 1 or 2 zombies with your bare hands works great and you can still loose them in the forest easily if you manage to put bushes between you and them.

PVE is becoming more and more spicy and it's not a bad thing for me. if you don't like it in 0.49, you will hate 0.50 update, sorry bro !

i only saw one hacker on 1 person servers in 300 hours of gameplay (90% 1st person), with the very annoying "drop weapon" cheat. luckily, this guy was the worst player ever and i could punch his face 'till he sleep and cut his face with his axe (the only weapon i could grab in hands).

the few times i played on 3rd person server, high PVP place almost always had a random flying guy or people shooting one hundred 7.62*39 through their SKS without reloading. i didn't try 3rd person in 0.49 but i heard that cheater were less common but still there.

try 1st person : more immersion, no "look over the wall" shit, more demanding gameplay, more friendly encounters and less cheater. it's an easy choice, at least for me.

Well you've been fortunate or just not very good at noticing a hacker, I will admit there are many claims of hacking that aren't hacking. But there is also a lot of hacking going on. The last three days I have experienced death by a hacker 3 times now, actually this has been a massive increase on hacking to what I am used to. Has anyone else experienced more hackers lately??

I was just killed 5 min ago by a guy warping around punching me out, there was no lag as I could get my gun out and there was another guy there laughing and walking normally. Speed hacks, Weapon Put away hacks, warping all that crap is still in game and I am getting to the point where I can't continue to defend the makers of this game any more.

Frankly the only answer is private hives, so white listing can be done, it won't stop hackers completely but it will make it harder. so I can't wait for this to happen.

I love this game, but I feel the same way.  I'm positive that this isn't where they want to be with persistence items, but at the same time what's the point in playing at the moment when 98% of the servers don't have crap unless you are waiting for one to restart and catch it then.  I am loving the fact that all the houses can have a chance to spawn stuff there now instead of just a specific model spawning items.  Problem is, there is a lack of items. I don't play DayZ to pop into a 40/40 server so I can run to Elektro and get into a pvp match have it all over within 10 minutes.  I like running around and looting and building up stuff and developing sort of a story behind each character while surviving with them.  Makes the game different from everything else out there.

Edited by RabidOtters

I love this game, but I feel the same way. I'm positive that this isn't where they want to be with persistence items, but at the same time what's the point in playing at the moment when 98% of the servers don't have crap unless you are waiting for one to restart and catch it then. I am loving the fact that all the houses can have a chance to spawn stuff there now instead of just a specific model spawning items. Problem is, there is a lack of items. I don't play DayZ to pop into a 40/40 server so I can run to Elektro and get into a pvp match have it all over within 10 minutes. I like running around and looting and building up stuff and developing sort of a story behind each character while surviving with them. Makes the game different from everything else out there.

Hmmm me too , which is what I've been doing on stable (which in my honest opinion this stable is the most lootful, but balanced stable patch in a long time , not too much food but you can still find plenty of it , not too many military weapons but you can still find weapons and ammo ). So honestly I don't know what people are talking about when they claim stable is empty of loot mostly because I've played on many stable servers in .49 and never had troubles finding stuff beyond my first thirty minutes or so ... Also because this game is now changing so it can become a survival game , there's a little less loot on the coast and a lot inland , the trick is getting there before starvation ... But like you said and many others every feature including loot spawns , respawn and degradation is all a huge WIP , destined to be changed many times and I'm glad for that so they can test every extreme and really gather data as to what is the most enjoyable yet challenging experience in terms of gearing up and surviving..

But if you're truly having trouble on stable , id recommend experimental (only this one time though as experimental .50 branch seems to have a TON of loot everywhere , not like fountains of loot but plenty of it for all of us freshspawns to gear up quickly and stay alive all night last night with no trouble ![but the servers are crashing frequently :/ ! ]).

Well no update to stable, I read end of the month so I assume next Wednesday? Fingers crossed.

Although a little bummed no update to at least help address server issues I decided to fine tune our scheduler and am happy to say we're having less hang ups and I found our server running this morning with a couple of players. We're restarting every 2 hours at the moment and it's preventing so many freeze ups. I played yesterday and had 2 hang ups but both times we were at 40 players. We held steady at 40 for about 30 - 35 mins before it was unresponsive so we manually had to restart.

I'm still having fun and have had no issues getting loot (we have persistence off right now). I agree you gotta start going further inland and you'll find towns/cities with lots of unlooted buildings. Also IMHO the northwest region of the map is full of good loot. You've got NWAF, the tents near myshkino, military base south of Zelenogorsk and barracks in that city as well. Lots of food, tools and of course weapons. Worth the hike and fun to explore.