shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Meh - and now that server is dead...one week of preparation to make a camp for myself and people and the server disappears. I wish there was some info about how long these servers are rented for, but I guess that is impossible to display. Kinda sad when you make plans and then the server goes down. Ah well, maybe it is time for a true break, until 0.60. I feel like I've done almost everything I wanted to in 0.59 anyway. Tried at least ;)

My day was pretty good. I've been playing day z for all of three days. It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, but I FINALLY got a computer capable of running it.

Having obsessed over this game off and on for years, so finally being able to play it is something of a dream come true. 

It didn't take long to get myself situated into Berezino with a Glock 19 and an extra mag. With plenty of food and water I quickly headed for NWAF. 

I was disappointed with the loot I got there... good guns, but the ammo didn't match up.   I did find 3 grenades, 2 pistol mags, armor, pouches, cantenes, food. Lockpick, 2 medkits... I was sitting pretty and I thought... "ya know... I'm new, never used a grenade in this game... I should give it a go so I'll know how to use it without panicking in the heat of the moment. 

Went to the police station

Stood at the front door

Equipped grenade

Pulled the pin

Through it outside

Shut the door

BOOM!! 

"you are dead..."

Well shit...

--------------------------

Second go, scraped together the minimum and headed back to the airfield. On a no KOS server. Guess this guy didn't get the memo cause I started taking fire from across the field. 

I ducked in between some tents, zigged and zapped until I took cover in a tent, picked up an AKM and watched them run passed.

I popped a smoke grenade and made my escape, but not without him trailing behind me.  I did some more maneuvering and ducked behind a tree, equipped my rifle and started firing at my enemy, my first true combat in dayz.

He crouched down, obviously unfazed and returns fire. (Damn my aim sucks)

I take a few more shots at him as I'm suddenly struck from the side, a loud growl tells me it's nothing to panic about, but I definitely need to move. 

I take a few more shots and bolt, back to the tents where I kill the zombie chasing me, then another two attracted to the gunshots. 

I don't see my attacker so I flank a good 100 yards around the forest we had been fighting in and find his corpse laying next to where he'd crouched before...  my first kill, a new mosin, decent gear and some ammo...   

Pretty good ending for my third day in the world.

Edited by ToxicHeart
  • Like 2

I was a fresh spawn in Balota. Went to pick up some clothing at the airfield and found 3 handguns but no ammo... My sole weapon was an Icepick.

Ran towards Cherno to see if I could find some ammo - our trouble - but when I just arrive there a sniper broke my legs. I used some rags to stop the bleeding, but didn't have the sticks for the splint. So I crawled all the way behind a building, through a field, heading for a bush to chop sticks for the splint. Right before I reach the bush, some other fresh spawn runs by and knocks me unconscious. When I wake up, everything I have is gone, but this guy gave me the decency to give me his shoes and his flare...and he left me my Makarov with 0 bullets... but no rag, no sticks...and certainly no morphine, so the leg is still broken.  So I crawl for about half an hour from house to house in the back of Cherno, trying to find a t-shirt or a bandage to make the splint. Had to crawl passed some Zeds and shots were fired in town, although not in my direction as it seemed. In the end, I found what I needed, made a knife from a stone and was back on my feet again. It nearly took me 45 minutes from being shot to be back up again. I enjoyed that.

• Like 1

Was my first real go at the game last night & I liked it alot.

After a short while playing I came across another player who held me up & stole the few pitiful things I had at the time.

I then kept moving uphill trying to get a view to find where I was & if a town was nearby. I followed some power lines also & eventually found a small town.

Im now fully stocked with more guns than I need as have little ammo & a choice of headwear.

Ive opted for most things in a natural color such as brown to try & blend in with the environment as best I can.

I tried sowing a field & planted some seeds etc to grow.

Now to find some allies to hang with   :P

• Like 1

I met a guy in Elektro. He had a gun, I had a gun. Now we are both dead.

• Like 1

I logged back in after almost 3 weeks to notice my Camp and my 2 Off roaders were gone, even some hidden barrels far away from my campsite. But I still had my ghillie and a SVD. 

Made my way to the airfield with the goal of finding some tents only to find 2 Helicopter Crashsites and some players fighting over them. 

Sat down close to a bush and scoped out the airfield and found the guys shooting. After some calculations how far they are from my position I took some shots and killed 3 guys out of around 7. 

After they noticed they are getting sniped nearly all of them took cover but I'd didn't matter. I heard steps behind me and as I turned around I saw two guys fully equipped with akms pointing their guns at me and doing that good old bandit style hijack. They took my shit, handcuffed me, broke my legs and shot me with a Amphibia into the knee. I was bleeding and unable to do anything, so I waited for the obvious to happen.

Until again I heard some steps and I tried to talk that person, but the only thing I heard was a shoot from his AK and "get rekt noob" from a 12yo.

Time to quit and wait for .60 I guess.

It is so annoying to being insulted after getting killed all the time.

I found a VSS and was quite happy about it. Found soem deer and practised my shots on them. Then when I decide to leave the game decided that a VSS goes on the ground and an aks in the weapon slot and that was that. I looked around and rolled in the grass(sometimes work) but it was nowhere to be found so I left.

On another relatively new character I went to Myskino tents. Saw no people and heard no shots til I ran into a tent and a guy was laying on the floor, gun in his hand. He didn't react when I walked in so I figured he was maybe logging in or out. I went behind him and decided to him up but then he moved so I had to shoot him. Sorry for that but I'm 100% certain he would have shot at me. Afterwards I looked around and found the remains of two dead players. No bodys, just gear. I took what I needed and left.

On the same character, same server I went to Zeleno. The doors to the prison building were closed so i figured someone might be there and went in. And correctly, one was upstairs. I tried talking to him but he didn't reply So I threw a flashbang instead. He saw it and ran out. I couldn't get my damn weapon up so I ran upstairs instead and now the roles were reversed. I tried again to talk but nothing. After five minutes of waiting I grew bored and ran out, AK ready and all. He had gone away.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, .freaK said:

It is so annoying to being insulted after getting killed all the time.

There's too much trash talk when you get killed. I agree. When you're dead you shouldn't be able to hear, just like when you're unconscious you can't talk.

The only time I'm ok with it, is when I hear "Sorry" instead. ;)

Edit: My day. I was on DayZ Underground. Met a guy near green mountain. We talked for a bit and he warned me of 2 possible hostiles on the south side of the mountain, so I made my way north and headed to Rogovo. Then, heard lots of shots behind me. Not at me, but I fear the kind fellow who warned me didn't make it. Time to take revenge.

Edited by odin_lowe

1 hour ago, Killawife said:

I found a VSS and was quite happy about it. Found soem deer and practised my shots on them. Then when I decide to leave the game decided that a VSS goes on the ground and an aks in the weapon slot and that was that. I looked around and rolled in the grass(sometimes work) but it was nowhere to be found so I left.

On another relatively new character I went to Myskino tents. Saw no people and heard no shots til I ran into a tent and a guy was laying on the floor, gun in his hand. He didn't react when I walked in so I figured he was maybe logging in or out. I went behind him and decided to him up but then he moved so I had to shoot him. Sorry for that but I'm 100% certain he would have shot at me. Afterwards I looked around and found the remains of two dead players. No bodys, just gear. I took what I needed and left.

On the same character, same server I went to Zeleno. The doors to the prison building were closed so i figured someone might be there and went in. And correctly, one was upstairs. I tried talking to him but he didn't reply So I threw a flashbang instead. He saw it and ran out. I couldn't get my damn weapon up so I ran upstairs instead and now the roles were reversed. I tried again to talk but nothing. After five minutes of waiting I grew bored and ran out, AK ready and all. He had gone away.

Log out completely, close down the game, close down steam, the icon by the clock to make sure steam is completely down and then relog back into the same server and it will be there on the ground. One reason why I make sure I know which server I am on when I log in for some play, so I can get back in case of disaster. VSS is in my opinion, the best weapon in the game. 

I watched TRMZ stream today and saw that it happened to him too, but he just put something in his hands and used it, cancelled, and Hey presto! The gun was back. Some say its skillz but I say Magic, blood magic.

But thanks for the tip. I rarely have the patience to relog though. Theres always some other weapon you can use. I do wish they would make the Ui with dedicated weapon slots so it wouldnt happen. A slot for the main weapon, a slot for submachineguns and one for pistols. Even if you doublecarry it should solve this problem. I played with a friend some time ago and he's still nagging about the AK he lost, even though I gave it to him AND I gave him another when he lost his. God damn naggers.

On 4/13/2016 at 0:27 AM, ToxicHeart said:

My day was pretty good. I've been playing day z for all of three days. It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, but I FINALLY got a computer capable of running it.

Having obsessed over this game off and on for years, so finally being able to play it is something of a dream come true. 

It didn't take long to get myself situated into Berezino with a Glock 19 and an extra mag. With plenty of food and water I quickly headed for NWAF. 

I was disappointed with the loot I got there... good guns, but the ammo didn't match up.   I did find 3 grenades, 2 pistol mags, armor, pouches, cantenes, food. Lockpick, 2 medkits... I was sitting pretty and I thought... "ya know... I'm new, never used a grenade in this game... I should give it a go so I'll know how to use it without panicking in the heat of the moment. 

Went to the police station

Stood at the front door

Equipped grenade

Pulled the pin

Through it outside

Shut the door

BOOM!! 

"you are dead..."

Well shit...

--------------------------

Second go, scraped together the minimum and headed back to the airfield. On a no KOS server. Guess this guy didn't get the memo cause I started taking fire from across the field. 

I ducked in between some tents, zigged and zapped until I took cover in a tent, picked up an AKM and watched them run passed.

I popped a smoke grenade and made my escape, but not without him trailing behind me.  I did some more maneuvering and ducked behind a tree, equipped my rifle and started firing at my enemy, my first true combat in dayz.

He crouched down, obviously unfazed and returns fire. (Damn my aim sucks)

I take a few more shots at him as I'm suddenly struck from the side, a loud growl tells me it's nothing to panic about, but I definitely need to move. 

I take a few more shots and bolt, back to the tents where I kill the zombie chasing me, then another two attracted to the gunshots. 

I don't see my attacker so I flank a good 100 yards around the forest we had been fighting in and find his corpse laying next to where he'd crouched before...  my first kill, a new mosin, decent gear and some ammo...   

Pretty good ending for my third day in the world.

Ages ago I threw a grenade and ran the opposite way and it destroyed my boots and I was bleeding. Lately when I throw smoke grenades, it looks like it goes about 3 feet and lands, which would be bad if it was an explosive type. I just gave up on grenades completely. 

I believe I spawned east of Elektro. It only showed two other players on the server so I felt pretty safe, still I skirted around it's top and went to the Fire Station, nothing of value in there. I also stumbled across a Police Station and got some good gear compared to what I had. Got some blue OREL jackets and pants, a PM73 RAK (already found the right clip), and I had a Sporter 22 with about 30 rounds. From there I started heading north and went through Staroye. Picked up a blue Mountain backpack, an Anti-Stab Vest and a blue Skater Helmet. Somewhere along the way I was using my hands but didn't have 4 open slots in my inventory, so I lost my PM73 like a fool. Ended up finding a Red 9 to replace it.  My character looked like a million bucks but I was very aware that a blue guy running around in the green woods was not ideal. Logged out for the night and pretty happy with my first endeavour.

Second day in and I started heading north west to go towards Stary Sobor. Server showed eight people online so I still felt safe but I was scouting a little bit before entering towns. Went through a few small towns along the way. Stopped in one of them and went house to house. No idea which town it was, it had maybe 6 buildings and a barn. I was in maybe the third house when I see another player flash past a window. This was the first interaction I've had with either a person or a zombie. I couldn't believe it. Middle of bloody nowhere and this guy is 5 metres away from me. I go into crouch and get upstairs as soon as I can. I hope he hasn't been trailing me, but I was pretty brazen the way I was moving about. I figure I'll sit in a corner and hope he just passes through. I hear the water pump next to the house get used, so I think that's a good sign, this guy wouldn't stop for a drink if he's hunting me down. Then I hear footsteps into the house. I'm peeking over the edge of the stairs and can see a portion of the living room. A guy with full green camo gear, with pistol out and raised comes into view but isn't looking up the stairs. I'm not a holy man but I was praying he'd keep on going. I tell myself that if he looks up or attempts to come up the stairs I'll have to shoot him. I really don't want to, I'm hoping he's just the wrong place at the wrong time, but I couldn't take the chance. I'm stuck on the second level, the building type where the stairs come into the middle of the second floor, there's a door on each side that won't open and no other exits. His character turns towards the stairs and starts looking up towards me. I let go with about 7-8 shots from my Sporter 22. Some hit him, some hit the stairs edge to no effect. The guy goes prone and half falls out of my field of vision, I can only see the legs from the knee down. I don't know if he's dead or prone but I figure I'm committed so I put a couple more into his legs. No movement. I muster the courage up, are crouch walk back downstairs. I have no idea if this guy was alone or working with friends, and I don't know how far the shots travel yet so could it have attracted the attention of others? The next paralysing decision is, do I get the hell out of there or do I take a chance and stay to loot the body quickly. My curiousity gets the better of me. I go through his gear. It's all better stuff than mine but in far worse condition. I swap out the clothing. I swap out the backpack, I swap my sporter for his scoped Mosin and I swap my red 9 for his 1911. The 1911 was in rough nick but he had a lot more ammo for it than I had for my pristine red 9. I end up transferring all my back pack contents into the Hunters backpack I took, minus a bit of food and then I run like hell out the back door and into some pine trees half way up the clearing. I look around the town and I can't see anything moving so I figure he was playing solo and I start to relax a bit. Then I decide to look at the Mosin and check out it's scope. Like a fool once again I didn't have enough room in my inventory to put the pistol so it drops. No big deal, I'll pick it up in a minute. The Mosin had a good clean scope so I'm pretty pleased. Go to pick the 1911 back up and it's floating in the middle of a few pine branches. No matter what angle I try and look at it from I can't get the option to pick up. I struggle in vain for 10 minutes until I make peace with the fact it's in a better place now and I move off into the woods and back onwards to Stary. A little while later I'm overlooking Novy Sobor and contemplating whether or not to approach when the game makes the deicison for me and I lose my connection. I take it as a sign that it's enough for the day. I need to process the decision I made killing that guy. Justify it to myself. Maybe he was friendly, maybe he was not. I'll never know.

Edited by _Broadside_

On 4/20/2016 at 7:00 PM, _Broadside_ said:

I believe I spawned east of Elektro. It only showed two other players on the server so I felt pretty safe, still I skirted around it's top and went to the Fire Station, nothing of value in there. I also stumbled across a Police Station and got some good gear compared to what I had. Got some blue OREL jackets and pants, a PM73 RAK (already found the right clip), and I had a Sporter 22 with about 30 rounds. From there I started heading north and went through Staroye. Picked up a blue Mountain backpack, an Anti-Stab Vest and a blue Skater Helmet. Somewhere along the way I was using my hands but didn't have 4 open slots in my inventory, so I lost my PM73 like a fool. Ended up finding a Red 9 to replace it.  My character looked like a million bucks but I was very aware that a blue guy running around in the green woods was not ideal. Logged out for the night and pretty happy with my first endeavour.

Second day in and I started heading north west to go towards Stary Sobor. Server showed eight people online so I still felt safe but I was scouting a little bit before entering towns. Went through a few small towns along the way. Stopped in one of them and went house to house. No idea which town it was, it had maybe 6 buildings and a barn. I was in maybe the third house when I see another player flash past a window. This was the first interaction I've had with either a person or a zombie. I couldn't believe it. Middle of bloody nowhere and this guy is 5 metres away from me. I go into crouch and get upstairs as soon as I can. I hope he hasn't been trailing me, but I was pretty brazen the way I was moving about. I figure I'll sit in a corner and hope he just passes through. I hear the water pump next to the house get used, so I think that's a good sign, this guy wouldn't stop for a drink if he's hunting me down. Then I hear footsteps into the house. I'm peeking over the edge of the stairs and can see a portion of the living room. A guy with full green camo gear, with pistol out and raised comes into view but isn't looking up the stairs. I'm not a holy man but I was praying he'd keep on going. I tell myself that if he looks up or attempts to come up the stairs I'll have to shoot him. I really don't want to, I'm hoping he's just the wrong place at the wrong time, but I couldn't take the chance. I'm stuck on the second level, the building type where the stairs come into the middle of the second floor, there's a door on each side that won't open and no other exits. His character turns towards the stairs and starts looking up towards me. I let go with about 7-8 shots from my Sporter 22. Some hit him, some hit the stairs edge to no effect. The guy goes prone and half falls out of my field of vision, I can only see the legs from the knee down. I don't know if he's dead or prone but I figure I'm committed so I put a couple more into his legs. No movement. I muster the courage up, are crouch walk back downstairs. I have no idea if this guy was alone or working with friends, and I don't know how far the shots travel yet so could it have attracted the attention of others? The next paralysing decision is, do I get the hell out of there or do I take a chance and stay to loot the body quickly. My curiousity gets the better of me. I go through his gear. It's all better stuff than mine but in far worse condition. I swap out the clothing. I swap out the backpack, I swap my sporter for his scoped Mosin and I swap my red 9 for his 1911. The 1911 was in rough nick but he had a lot more ammo for it than I had for my pristine red 9. I end up transferring all my back pack contents into the Hunters backpack I took, minus a bit of food and then I run like hell out the back door and into some pine trees half way up the clearing. I look around the town and I can't see anything moving so I figure he was playing solo and I start to relax a bit. Then I decide to look at the Mosin and check out it's scope. Like a fool once again I didn't have enough room in my inventory to put the pistol so it drops. No big deal, I'll pick it up in a minute. The Mosin had a good clean scope so I'm pretty pleased. Go to pick the 1911 back up and it's floating in the middle of a few pine branches. No matter what angle I try and look at it from I can't get the option to pick up. I struggle in vain for 10 minutes until I make peace with the fact it's in a better place now and I move off into the woods and back onwards to Stary. A little while later I'm overlooking Novy Sobor and contemplating whether or not to approach when the game makes the deicison for me and I lose my connection. I take it as a sign that it's enough for the day. I need to process the decision I made killing that guy. Justify it to myself. Maybe he was friendly, maybe he was not. I'll never know.

Sounds exciting! If something is stuck in the branches or bushes, you have to chop it down to get at it. Tough call on other players, I have had people say "Don't shoot me please, I'm friendly", walk up and shoot me. I've had people who were taking pot shots at me from a hill, say "Don't shoot me I'm friendly" after I found them. At this point, unless it is one other person I know on the server or someone I have on teamspeak, I do one of two things, sneak off and don't let them see me, watch them until they head off, or sneak up on them and then run the last 30 feet and machine gun them from close range. In either case, I never speak over the mic before or after, because I think that just sucks.

Edited by Excanto

On 20/04/2016 at 10:00 PM, _Broadside_ said:

-snip-

I really enjoy reading stories like this. 

If I can give you one or two advises, keep a sewing kit, a leather sewing kit and a weapon cleaning kit to keep clothes and weapons in good conditions. 

Sadly in DayZ there's way more hostile players than ones who like to cooperate and talk instead of shooting. Perhaps eventually when the game gets refined and polished we'll have more reasons to help each other out instead of simply considering it a generic FPS/TPS.

Keep it up!! Cheers!

Yeah I did have all three kits by that time, only problem was all his stuff was ruined so it wouldn't let me repair it.

When I re-logged the next day to play some more it was an empty server, so I thought I'd take full advantage whilst I could and ran straight down in to Novy and went through the Police Station, and then into Stary for all the buildings I thought would have good loot. It was when I was running down the main street of Stary that I heard it. A hideous ragged gasp. It was loud, and I thought it must be coming from right behind me, so I span around and nothing. I became extra vigilant. I start checking over both shoulders and started going around corners in a wide arc. I didn't want to be anywhere near whatever was making those spine shivering noises. Eventually I approached the Supermarket, and there she was. A petrified, disheleved and ungainly female zombie. It was like something off "Georgie Shore, the day after". Gave her a wide berth and used the back door to have a look inside. Not long after I back tracked to check out the industrial buildings. There were other zombies on the main roads, in back yards and down in ditches and streams. I was able to circumvent them easily enough and got to a monolithic industrial building. By it's sheer scale alone I figured there must have been some good stuff within. As I run in the closest doorway I can see a stairwell that goes up and another doorway that leads onto what I presume was the cavernous factory floor. I hear a zombie and it sounds far too close for my liking. I take the stairs. I don't know why but I figured zombies don't like stairs, maybe the path of least resistance and all that. I go up a flight, there's a room off the stairwell, I check it, nothing good. The zombie is still shrieking somewhere. I go up another flight, another room, and more junk gear. Zombie still sounding like a cat swinging from a ceiling fan. I go up a third flight and another room but also a new doorway that leads out onto the catwalk. I check the room first, nothing of value. So I head out onto the catwalk and look down into the factory floor area. I'm peering over trying to see where this zombie is when I catch a flicker of movement from the corner of my eye. A zombie that most closely resembled Britney Spears in her crazy period lunges at me, lashing with her arms like I'm holding a camera. The shrieking, oh my lord, the shrieking! I mash the keyboard frantically trying to remeber what brings my weapon up and up comes my PM73. I spray wildly and swing my mouse back and forth like I'm trying to dowse a fire. It's over in probably two seconds, but it felt like thirty. Now I'm standing on the wrong side of the cat walk railing hovering in mid air, a glitch of some sort no doubt, but I don't want to move in fear of falling to my death. Do I try to vault the rail back to safety or will the input fail and I'll plunge to my death. I decide to walk forward and see if the rail is a solid object, and thankfully it wasn't, I was back on the catwalk and back on relative safe ground. Now I know zombies don't mind stairs.

I check the players list. Still the only person on this server. I decide to hump it double time over to the North West Airfield and secure some good stuff. Open ground the zombies are easy to avoid, but were players present it would be suicide.

I get to the southern boundary fencing of the NWAF and I start to check the players list every 15 seconds. First I climb a couple sniper towers, after three empty one I guess they don't contain anything. Then I move around to the buildings on the south west side, not much in those I don't already have. I sprint across the airfields to the bottom hangar with the plan of working my way up to the top buildings. The tall metal structure with a long ladder has a Mosin, no good I already have one. Going through the 5 or so hangars I find a pristine set of Gorka top and bottoms. Swap those out as they're good camoflague, good capacity and perfect condition. I keep working my way up through the buildings, still checking the player list at least twice a minute. Finally I get to the tent city at the northern end of the airfield. I go in one or two tents and there's plentiful amounts of pristine gear. SKS rifles, Mosins, PM73's, MP5's and ammunition galore. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I decide to hold onto my Mosin because it's scoped, it's camoflagued and I now have a ton of pristine ammo for it. I keep my PM73 because I have a few full mags of pristine ammo as well. I pick up some extra bandages, gets some pristine canteens and I move from tent to tent, still checking the players list every 15 seconds or so. As I run into a tent I see puffs appear on the bottom of the back wall and some faint noises which I don't recognise. I immediately strafe to my left out of the view of the door way. Someone has spawned only seconds before and is taking shots at me from what I can only assume was a sniper tower on the northern boundary. The puffs being on the bottom of the wall tell me he's firing from an elevated position and the faint sound means there's a bit of distance, so he's not firing from the doorway of the tent opposite. I check the players list, and a new name is there. His name is "V". I don't know V, but I know I don't like him. He logged out sitting in the sniper tower overlooking the tent city, so when he logged back in he might find some unsuspecting (and ruggedly handsome) chump going from tent to tent and present an easy target. How he missed me with his first shots I'll never know. I swap back from my PM73 which I had in case of close quarter zombies, to my Mosin so I stand half a chance of fighting back. I sprint from the tent, as it's the only exit and I hoped his shooting was as poor as it was when I was going in. Then I dart and duck through tents and shipping containers trying to keep myself blocked to the sniper towers field of vision. A minute or two later I poke around and look up at the sniper tower, but no-ones in it. With his elevated view no longer a factor I decide to escape the airfield and avoid a possible shoot out.

I prop in a bush just north of the airfield, after another two minutes of observation I still don't see the needle dick that is V. I decide to imprint the name into my memory, so that if I stumble across him in the future I won't let him jog on by unaware. I will shoot him. I'll give him the same leve of courtesy he extended towards me.

P.S.

V, if you happen to read this. You're a douchebag of the highest order.

I wonder if the guy you shot in the house has committed your name to memory in the same regards as you have to Mr. V.

BTW congratulations on your first KOS and your first KOS evasion. Gets the blood pumping doesn't it?

(04/23/2016  Part1)

Dear Journal,

We have traveled from Electrozavodsk, through Mogilveka, up past Vyshnoye, and into Stary Sobor without having seen a soul living. Even the infected seem to have been as sparse as ammunition and optics for our rifles. It is west of there we hit the Hunters (052:075). They had the sun and defilade at their backs, and us a tree line to hide our bodies behind. We believe we saw them first, them catching glimpse soon after. Though I believe it was their aggression and posturing towards our position, it was us who fired the first shot, and us who killed first. My partner slew the first man, whom's scope was trained and confidence seemingly invulnerable. He was not.

The second man took another two minutes to fall. Though it could easily have been less than. We likely put 15 or so rounds into his concealment mistaken as cover. For good measure. As we scavenged their bones, finding those sourly needed optics and mosin ammo, we noticed one of the corpses had dark splotches about his skin and left it to rot. More and more of those cases these days, perfectly good equipment becoming unsalvagable. Hard times simply made harder.

Edited by [DGN] Johnny

(04/23/2016  Part2)

Dear Journal,

My Comrade and Myself, had watched a Military Compound for some time, near the hill of Veresnik (044:073). From that same hill, we heard iterations of SKS volleys from inside the walls. Always one way. Always seemingly final. We watched weary for this phantom from our perches and scopes, and yet this butcher of men  remained faceless. Hours, volleys, the sound of execution. Moving along was a mutual choice. No hope lived within those walls. No hope and little reward. We inside moved south.

It wasn't long moving south before we spotted another group. One had a way of turning into three, quickly. Then two. From the corpses, the first to die was a long rifle. Unlucky. The other two and us exchanged for a bit. But the range put our rifles to the advantage against the AKM and Scorpion against us. The scorpion died next. The AKM, showing valor behind description. There was nothing left to salvage from him. A shame. The other, the black pock. The last, a sparsely scavenge at best.

(04/23/2016 Part 3)

Dear Journal,

A grueling travel, the sounds of lone shots haunting the wilderness, myself and my partner finding ourselves at Myshkino Military. The mountains above it. Listening as the survivors below carve each other to pieces. We watched. We thought an AK opened up on an SKS. The SKS won. Soon an AKM followed, and silence with it. We watched him bound from the walls to the tree's afar from our positions. No value. no threat. It was soon later, we saw another below. They had to be careful, as infected where thick among the tents. My partners scope stayed high, as I crawled below and into the camps to assess. I was most definitely not alone. Overwatch signed towards my location, "one lost, one added", "purple bandanna", "center".

Shots followed. Overwatch bled out. 10 Minutes later, I watch as the man with a purple bandanna is chased into across from my position. He's too concerned with the gnashing of teeth. My first round likely breaks his leg. He falls to the ground. From my crosshair, I watch him bleeding, struggling, and barely triumphing. And it is then, in that moment of hope, as he laid bleeding on the ground, the corpses of the infected all but his. That the second round finds home. My comrade had been slain, items of his personal effects clutching in the hands of a dead man, with a pokadot bandanna.

I hang his flesh on the tent. And leave, with a rifle on it's third owner, and an optic on it's fourth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Judged_Guitly said:

I wonder if the guy you shot in the house has committed your name to memory in the same regards as you have to Mr. V.

BTW congratulations on your first KOS and your first KOS evasion. Gets the blood pumping doesn't it?

I can see how you might draw that comparison, and it had dawned on me already. I know that terrible people are able to live with the acts they commit through a series of justifications. I do however see a couple very significant differences in the situations.

In the first, he came into the house I was already looting, after I had openly run from house to house. It was some nameless tiny forgotten town. The chances that this was merely coincidence is astronomical considering there were seven other people in all of Chernarus. I also did not shoot him as soon as he entered, I waited unmoving on the second level for him to pass through. He also has his pistol up and ready. Only when he moved to look/come upstairs did I fire. I would challenge anyone to say they would have done differently in the circumstance. If he perceived the situation differently then I can accept that, but I feel that he'd likely seen me running around town and thought he'd go kill himself some noob.

In the second, I was moving from tent to tent looking for good military loot. I knew it to be a dangerous location on the map. I had only dared venture there because no other players were present on the server. I was checking the players list every 30 seconds, so that if someone had logged in I could make a quick exit and avoid any conflict. I can also say with a high degree of certainty, that this guy had logged in and was present for less than 30 seconds ingame when he saw me from the snipers tower and decided to kill me. Knowing full well that I was unaware of his presence.

As for the blood pumping, yes, it most certainly did. Quite a feat considering it's "just a game".

• Like 1

my first intro in 2 the game was epic i was searching for my nephew and brother for allmost a half hour or hour then there was someone O.o!!! he had a gun!!! pointed at me right infront of me! i was i think in the mainroad or somewhere in between in elektro i saw 2 guys comming from far behind him i told my nephew and brother there is a gun pointed at me and i was walking like a crab from left to right hoping he wont shoot... after like 10 secs pointing the gun at me my nephew shot him thats where i met them my first day playing day z!

Edited by Gomandow71

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 2:33 AM, _Broadside_ said:

In the first, he came into the house I was already looting, after I had openly run from house to house. It was some nameless tiny forgotten town. The chances that this was merely coincidence is astronomical considering there were seven other people in all of Chernarus. I also did not shoot him as soon as he entered, I waited unmoving on the second level for him to pass through. He also has his pistol up and ready. Only when he moved to look/come upstairs did I fire. I would challenge anyone to say they would have done differently in the circumstance. If he perceived the situation differently then I can accept that, but I feel that he'd likely seen me running around town and thought he'd go kill himself some noob.

Your earlier quote:  "this guy wouldn't stop for a drink if he's hunting me down".     

It seems you have now convinced yourself that it was necessary to drop this dangerous assailant.

It just makes me think of the many many times I've been shot for no particular reason except that I was available. Anxiety and fear will no doubt make a uncomfortable situation more tense and thinking he might kill you was all the motivation your finger needed. I may have approached the situation differently or I may have done the same. It would depend on if my boss yelled at me at work that day or if my wife gave me a flirty pat on the ass, IDK. I'd like to think I would draw from experiences but in your case this was your first time in the situation so your reaction was not uncommon. Maybe next time you'll approach it a little different. In the end dead is dead and bullets have no regrets. Its your adventure to unfold how you choose.  BTW, - what are the chances of someone else being here? - you will find this to be surprisingly high in the oddest of places.

As for the military base, just going there will bring drama into your life. What you consider etiquette others consider opportunity and if your alone, watching the server-list will only distract you and lengthen the time you are in the killjar. Hundreds of players are looking and logging into low-pop servers to get that easy cache and if your the only one on, then the next guy see's there's only one other player so what are the chances?

Im just bustin you balls a little for friendly banter. I like reading the stories because I enjoy the nostalgia I get from a novice perspective. Hope you don't take my criticism as insults.

I logged in at Balota mil base and noticed that my mp5 was gone. It was fully kitted with red dot and all the stuff so it was kinda annoying. I went looking in the barracks for an AKS instead but as im entering the one in the middle someone starts shooting at me. I run awayand see a green backpack on the guy but not much else. i position myself at the TEC building and try to spot my assailant but he never shows. After waiting for a while I decide to leave and avoid the rest of the military base. As I move west I get to the hunting tower nearby and see a guy with a green backpack climbing it. I take aim and fire off some rounds from my AKM and he goes down. I notice hes still breathing so i climb up and tie him up and bandage him. His gear is all ruined so I let him be and move off. I checked his name beforehand and see that he doesnt leave the server til I do so he probably lived. Good for him.

I met five nice people today. Unfritunately I had to go to cherno and there were no nice people there. I fired six magnum rounds point blank into one fellow but I didnt see a single one hit. I was kinda annoyed at him as I let him live a minute earlier when i came upon him bandaging. It sucks that he couldnt return the favour but just HAD to kill me adding my body to the seven already piled up in the building.

15 hours ago, Judged_Guitly said:

Your earlier quote:  "this guy wouldn't stop for a drink if he's hunting me down".     

It seems you have now convinced yourself that it was necessary to drop this dangerous assailant.

It just makes me think of the many many times I've been shot for no particular reason except that I was available. Anxiety and fear will no doubt make a uncomfortable situation more tense and thinking he might kill you was all the motivation your finger needed. I may have approached the situation differently or I may have done the same. It would depend on if my boss yelled at me at work that day or if my wife gave me a flirty pat on the ass, IDK. I'd like to think I would draw from experiences but in your case this was your first time in the situation so your reaction was not uncommon. Maybe next time you'll approach it a little different. In the end dead is dead and bullets have no regrets. Its your adventure to unfold how you choose.  BTW, - what are the chances of someone else being here? - you will find this to be surprisingly high in the oddest of places.

As for the military base, just going there will bring drama into your life. What you consider etiquette others consider opportunity and if your alone, watching the server-list will only distract you and lengthen the time you are in the killjar. Hundreds of players are looking and logging into low-pop servers to get that easy cache and if your the only one on, then the next guy see's there's only one other player so what are the chances?

Im just bustin you balls a little for friendly banter. I like reading the stories because I enjoy the nostalgia I get from a novice perspective. Hope you don't take my criticism as insults.

Yes, upon further reflection I have essentially convinced myself this guys intentions were sinister. I added the water pump noise snippet to show that I wasn't painting what might have otherwise been seen as a biased piece. I've heard that water pump noises might be one of the ambient sounds that play from time to time, so perhaps someone can confirm that. If it's the case then I'd bet the farm on the guy only wanting to do me harm. If not, then it raises some doubt once again.

I'm not feeling maligned at all. I quite enjoy the provoking conversation. The best part about this game, and this encounter in particular is the ambiguity of it all.

I got tired of spamming 0.60 , even if the game itself is awesome the constant crashing and waiting to joing is simply too taxing so i went back to stable 0.59. I decided to play through my "finished" 0.59 characters, all located in the same room in the TEC building in cherno. I logged in with the first one and right away theres a guy on the roof shooting bambis. I kill him and get the hell out of dodge. I log in with another one adn the town is dead. I go to Elektro and is !-shot bullshit sniped while crawling on teh school roof waiting for an assailant downstairs. I log in with another one and play hide and seek with a guy for a while til he dissapeared and I leave. I met a french guy in Komarovo so i ran from there, fast. Cant trust those french. I log in with my last one and gets chased by three pantsless guys. I hide in a guardhouse and they run past. I see them in the hopsital shooting at folks but cant get a bead on them. When I finally decide to rush them the server restarts. Grrr

sounds like they resolved the server shortage- some of the helpey helpers are out there... however a few of us are just holding off until it's on stable. I must admit I'm looking forward to getting into it again and starting over. Judging by the "EXP" thread the survival aspect is quite a bit higher so that's a refreshing change. 

Hope everyone else is enjoying something while they wait- me personally? I'm on World of Warships!