shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Today i killed a guy. He took a potshot at me as i was entering a bulding so i camped til he came in after a minute and blasted him with my shotgun. He only had a chambered makarov but maybe he shouldnt attack people then. And I got me some nice gloves too. Later on the same server two guys murdered a bambi in the road. I snuck up on them with my shotty but they ran away and i didnt dare take the shot as they had autos so I missed my opportunity :(  I followed them but the server restarted.

Had a run in of our own last night... 

Schwab and I were working through Zelenogorsk on the tear looking for heli crash sites and having failed to find any decided to cut through to the military buildings to see if anything sexy was lingering around. There was one other guy on the server at the time... 

I wasn't too concerned about one person stumbling into us there of all places yet no matter how hard I try to dismiss the fact I mentioned it, you all know what's coming. 

We had cleared the buildings there but looking back at it now I should have taken a second look at the guard house. As I approached it I caught a glimpse of something in there that made me double take. Nothing clear nor obvious- just SOMETHING that made me look back at it, briefly scanned in the window and seeing nothing went back about my business. I double checked one of the barracks buildings that Schwab said he'd already looked through but I went in there anyway. We're looking for different things and sometimes if you're not looking for a specific thing you can overlook it. 

I was standing right in the middle of the barracks pondering the AK47 that was sitting there as well as the Kashtan scope I had attached to my own primary that is currently bugged (Schwab said there was a fix for that- anyone know where that's posted?) 

"Get on the ground- get on the fucking ground right now!" It took me WAY longer than it should have to realize that wasn't Schwab taking the direct route to the dark side. If I've learned one thing from unexpected encounters like this, it's that thumbing my voice button while trying to fumble through the next 10 words out of my mouth is time better spent mashing ASDW and DI DI'ing the fuck out of there. I didn't have any idea where the guy was- so at least as I scrambled out of the hot zone I might get a look at where he was and better assess the threat. 

I ducked out of the barracks building like a puck on an air hockey table driven by meth addicted baboons, just waiting to see the grey screen and hear the "UGH!" of eating a bullet or 30. The sound of gunfire drilled my ears but I just kept running... no snap so the guy must have been shooting for the stars. 

"How about YOU get down on the fucking ground!" I heard Schwab say over voice. He'd gotten the jump on this guy and either killed him outright or knocked him out. I was so fricken amped and relieved I just ran back over to his unconscious / dead body and shot him another 10 times. Just as I was doing my second quintuple tap I saw I was shooting into a coveted hunter's backpack I'd been looking for since .57. Meh... I rolled on a 3rd quintuple just to remove all doubt that I'd get any usefulness whatsoever out of any of the magic gear this guy was packing. I fired a few expletives into his head while I was at it. I felt like an abused spouse finally getting my revenge... I almost reloaded to keep shooting- man, I have issues.   

"There are 3 other guys in here now..." Schwab cautioned me as I decompressed.

I fell back to a defensive position and scanned the area. "Did you just reload?" he asked me.

"No-"

"I just heard someone reload... I think these guys spawned in together."

"I didn't hear anything."

"Okay, well let's get out of here."

And we did.

As the buzz wore off I realized that this guy, whoever he was, may have tried to do it right. He hadn't taken a shot at me or KOS'd me... He was very assertive in his instructions, probably just trying to control the situation but it came off as very threatening. Hence why our reptilian brains kicked in- Schwab's went into fight mode while I went into flight mode. If the roles were reversed I might have tried calling out from a distance to let guys know I was there so I didn't make them feel ambushed. Or, I'd have just hidden until they left and exited stage "anywhere but here."

Anyway- we weren't sure which guy it was... but if this story sounds familiar then I'm sorry it had to end that way. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

Anyway- we weren't sure which guy it was... but if this story sounds familiar then I'm sorry it had to end that way. 

All I knew was that someone was yelling at you and I charged towards the sound.  I saw you run around the building (kind of towards me) and the guy chasing you.  He didn't have time to react to me at all.  He dropped in 2 hits. 

We normally do not kill on sight, but I didn't want to chance it after hearing him yell at Eno and then proceed to chase him.  I wish I was recording at the time.

• Like 2

Why do you play on empty servers? I used to do do it to pick up some nice stuff but its quite meaningless and uneventful at most times. I have had two instances before where I have been on a server with only one other player and we run inot eachother at the NWA tents. One ended with shooting and one with talking.

Why do you run around and get killed all the time? 

Go ahead and play your way... we'll play ours.

• Like 1

Maybe I like getting killed. It gives me a chance to play the fun part of the game, gearing up. No matter, everyone to his own I guess.

I died today and I didn't like it. Mostly because of the way it happened and the things that happened beforehand. I logged in near Vybor mil base so i went in there to loot some since I only had a pump action shotty and a bunch of guns with no ammo. As I went into the new barracks I noticed players outside the fence so i took a defensive position but they never came. I legged it out of there and got to Vybor. I decided to change my puprle backpack to an improvised one for better camo and ha to lay my shotty down to cut a treebranch. when i went to get it it had vanished. I searched but it was gone. Now I had only a chambered Cr75 so i went to the police station but it was looted of ammo. I even waited for a few minutes for something to respawn but nothing did so i had no other option than to leave for NWA with a chambered Cr75, A carbine with hunting scope and no ammo, a 1911 with no ammo and a longhorn with no ammo. I also had a stun baton with a battery. As I was leaving I checked some houses for ammo but there was nothing but I managed to aggor some zeds and knocked them out with my baton. As I was swinging I heard a shot. It sounded close but was not at me. I looked around and saw two guys nearby. They saw me too and proceeded to shoot. I tried to show them that I was not a threat by running in circles with no gun drawn but this seemed to entice them. I grew bored after a while and ran at them shouting that I wasnt hostile but then they hit me and I died.

I respawned and got revenge as I killed a poor defenseless chicken.

Maybe I like getting killed. It gives me a chance to play the fun part of the game, gearing up. No matter, everyone to his own I guess.

Yeah I hear ya... Keep in mind we have a public server and it's just not that busy. It's not like we wouldn't play it if it was busy and maybe it will get busy at some point and we'll be fighting for our lives. Other times it's quiet so we pick and choose where we're going to go and what we're going to do. 

Dave and I were on last night and there weren't many in out server so we decided we'd go on patrol down by our old stomping grounds. We've found that on high pop servers in and around berezino things are a little too chaotic- glitch abusers and hackers and just all around shoot'em ups... difficult to make a difference. Where we tend to contribute more to the game is in the areas between kill zones where people pick on the freshies who are just trying to play the game. Dave and I headed over to another busier server to try and help out a few people. 

One thing I have noticed is there really isn't much point since EVERYTHING is EVERYWHERE. You'd need a class 1 driver's license (tractor / trailer) to haul around all the gear you find and 5 stomachs to eat all the food. It's a bit ridiculous right now and I hope that gets toned down a bit.

I met up with Dave at the factory and we made our way down to Sol along the east coast. On our way there I did a 6 check and happened to catch movement in the corner of my eye. We weren't sure if it was someone actively following us or just going about their business. We ducked out of sight to watch and the character just trotted over to the gas station and checked things out there. 

"I'll talk if you'll cover me," 

"Yes," Dave replied through text.

While s/he was in the station itself, I stepped out onto the road and approached. I had a pistol / silencer drawn so I wasn't a complete dove but I figured it'd be less ominous / threatening than the 74. Initially the person didn't see me but as I got closer they must have seen me and froze. I'm gorked out with full helmet- all damaged stuff so not polished at all... Obviously teched out- the kind of guy many people just take for granted are there to kill everyone. I just like the gear because it's water resistant, has lots of pockets and okay granted I think it looks pretty BA.

I tried calling out at about 100 feet. "Hello, can you hear me?" No response. I ran a bit closer. I put my hand up to wave. "Can you hear me?" I was only about 50 feet from them now and still no response- so probably no mic. "Okay well just wanted to let you know we're working in this area. We'll keep our distance..." The guy backpedaled a bit, turning as he did so to keep his eyes on me. I watched him carefully as he eventually turned and sprinted to Sol. I felt like we'd handled that transaction reasonably well and knowing Dave if the guy had made any move to draw a weapon he'd have drilled a round into his heart. 

I came back and said (over TS3) "Well, I think that went okay..." 

"I didn't hear you say anything." 

"Maybe I was too far away from you. What about now?" I toggled the in game voice chat button on my mouse while practically making out with Dave. 

"Nothing." 

Fuck. 

"So that whole time I was just standing out in the middle of the road and whoever that was couldn't even hear me?" 

"Probably." 

I went around messing about with my settings for a few minutes- reconfiguring my button to see if that changed anything. It didn't. 

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" I hear this voice challenge my eardrums... it sounded British or something... an accent I couldn't pin down. Holy fuck- is there some guy THAT close to us? I did a quick roll, then stood up with my pistol drawn. 

"Who the fuck was that?" I asked Dave as I scanned around, looking at nearby bushes. 

"That was me," he said non-nonchalantly as if wondering what the big deal was. No idea why I didn't recognize his voice except that he's usually so quiet on the mic I didn't relate it to him at all. 

We did a quick patrol to Sol and looked to see if there was an offroad there- but there wasn't. So we headed back up to the Factory but didn't see anyone. 

So we logged. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

We set up camp on our server and then usually jump over to a high pop to get into the thick of things.

I joined up with an old friend the other night and we hopped to a mid-pop server near NWAF.  We made our way to the tents and I took overwatch on the second story of a netted bunker while he sat in the northern-most quonset.  After a few minutes of nothing, I spotted two players running along the fence towards my position.  I was prone, so I didn't move and called out their movements to my buddy.  The guys ran past me to the road and then cut into the tents and started searching.  I watched them and my friend moved to the bunker on the other side of the tents near the runway.  He let them pass him and he fired a few shots and missed.  

One of the guys threw a grenade at the bunker as the other guy flanked.  I got down and rushed that way but went into the trees to the east and just when I got close, they killed my buddy.  I hid near the burned truck and waited for them.. just then two more guys run up on my flank and I fire off some shots quickly (with none hitting).  One of the guys veered into the trees and booked it while the other hid somewhere.  I ran after the guy in the trees and chased him as bullets were hitting all around me.  He ran through a broken part of the fence in the NE corner of the airfield and I followed.  As I exited the fence I saw him crouched near a tree pointing his weapon at me.  2 shots and a black screen followed.

Poop.

• Like 1

tried playing on various servers today, but the servers are borked. finally gave up after getting mauled by zombies while being on SchwaBams server. ill wait till the devs patch the game again

tried playing on various servers today, but the servers are borked. finally gave up after getting mauled by zombies while being on SchwaBams server. ill wait till the devs patch the game again

Eh bud- can you elaborate a bit? We had some issues with them earlier but they leveled out. 

Eh bud- can you elaborate a bit? We had some issues with them earlier but they leveled out. 

nothing on your end, was battleeye and probably my ping. seems like everything leveled out in the evening. 

Last night did not end well for me. After having a shitty day i decide to play some dayz to get my mind off of things. I manage to find some great loot, a hunters backpack, fully kitted mosin, great clothing, all the food and ammo i could need and i wasn't even a NWAF yet. I go there, loot a bit, and begin my way back. i make it to pavlovo and i see a player.(there were only 5 on including me)in no mood to deal with anything that could speak so i just make my way along and he didn't have anything on him. he spoke in some weird likely fake voice and despite my warnings, kept following me. even after a shot to the leg.

later on im guessing his friend is there and is also poorly geared. they both continue to follow me and as im trying to make them go away i get a shot to the leg from a mystery shooter in the trees. in the end, i died and lost everything and will also shoot anyone that speaks to me in a type of voice i don't like. possibly if they speak at all.

today was much better. i just need a decent backpack and i'm back to normal.

• Like 1

I had a strange encounter. I met two guys up in Chapaevsk. They ran by my building and didn't see me so i called out for them. I only had a chambered 1911 so I tried to be meek. They asked me if I was swedish and when I said yes, one of the guys tried to shoot me by single firing his mp5 but missing every shot adn the other guy cried NO!. I ran away and the other guy said dont shoot to his friend and tried to apologize. I didnt trust them but ran off and climbed up a building, trying to find them but they were gone.

Yeah I hear ya... Keep in mind we have a public server and it's just not that busy. It's not like we wouldn't play it if it was busy and maybe it will get busy at some point and we'll be fighting for our lives. Other times it's quiet so we pick and choose where we're going to go and what we're going to do. 

Dave and I were on last night and there weren't many in out server so we decided we'd go on patrol down by our old stomping grounds.

A couple of days ago I noticed the schwaBAM's server and knowing you're buddies, I happily hopped on. Unfortunately, the ping was killing me, I had less than 10 FPS all the time. However, if and when it gets better, I'd like to meet you in game, folks. I've enjoyed your stories, ENO75, back when you were with ZH overwatching Bere. In the meantime, take care there.

Edited by Kirov

Eh Kirov... yeah the server is in Chicago and to add to that it's having connection difficulties so it kicks us randomly... BE loses contact. 

I always remembered the conversation we had before about ZH- he's all enamoured by GTA V so he hasn't been on lately- 

On the plus side we did pick up Hairyeyeball finally and had a bit of an adventure tonight. Suffice to say at some point we were both killed and the words "Fucking rekt" and "Fucking cock!" were shouted at us a number of times posthumously. Spent too much time trying to engage in dialogue where we should have been pulling the trigger.  Prior to that we'd done what we were there to do... patrol the east coast road and try to help protect / help people. Sadly, it's been awhile so we were a bit rusty. 

Tomorrow! 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Have anyone seen animals??

I have hunt cows,pigs,deers like 2 days and cant found them.. only animal i have found is chicken. I just want some pelts to get leather and then i can turn to indian..mc .P

i got everything ready,barrels, gardenlimes, leather sewing kits...

Today ill start zombie plinking funfun.. i have 2 30rnd mags for sporter and hunting scope. shame that range finder is not working.

I had maybe 6-8 zombies before servers went down... again >:(  It was fun to plink zombies or blast them whit magnum.

I just fount another hunting scopes, now i have 4 scopes..

Sounds are fuckduuup, i cant tell where zombies are.

Hadn't played much today but it went from 0 to 100 really quick. I was showing my brother the game while he waited for his ride and i was looting the vybor military base near nwaf. After looting the hunting stand i cut back through the base and while talking to him, i see a player. not wanting to engage i take off and just try to stay out of his way. After making my way down the tree line going to and from the base i see he's following me. I pull out my mosin and plan to just pick him off but he was smart. he managed to make his way near me and as i thought, opens fire on me. lucky for me i dodge most of the rounds and struggled to pull out my ak74u and manged to gun him down while only taking 2 rounds to the legs which only cost me my pants. i loot his body of his hunting scope and a shiny new ump and his backback which i needed. after inspecting the rest of his contents i'm shot at again by his friend and so i take off and hide.

I think i may have intrigued and maybe impressed my brother.

• Like 3

even though me and ENO died (a few times actually) i had lots of fun, and got some nice screenshots. but for some reason they dont want to upload to the forums. any tips would be appreciated. 

i feel like we should have gotten an award for traveling around the map. started in cap glovana, hiked to balota, got picked up by ENO and DaveB, drove up to NW, then drove to the east coast, patrolled the coast helping freshies, got killed in solnichniy factory, met back up in cherno, then drove to zeleno to gear up. whew! 

• Like 2

Have anyone seen animals??

I have hunt cows,pigs,deers like 2 days and cant found them.. only animal i have found is chicken. I just want some pelts to get leather and then i can turn to indian..mc .P

i got everything ready,barrels, gardenlimes, leather sewing kits...

Today ill start zombie plinking funfun.. i have 2 30rnd mags for sporter and hunting scope. shame that range finder is not working.

Ive seen chickens, deer, a pig and a goat. Theres usually pigs or goats at Nadeshino or Vyshnoe. When an animal gets killed it isn't respawned til the server restarts.

The range finder is working, you do need a battery for it though, then just look through it like a bino and press F

• Like 1

Ive seen chickens, deer, a pig and a goat. Theres usually pigs or goats at Nadeshino or Vyshnoe. When an animal gets killed it isn't respawned til the server restarts.

The range finder is working, you do need a battery for it though, then just look through it like a bino and press F

I had battery in.. no matter how i try to use it i got only 7meters max range.

Thanks for tip, there i shall go to hunt. or to be hunted.

Rangefinder is not working. Been bugged for awhile. Used to read only 6m now reads 7m.

• Like 2

I just had an INTENSE gun fight.  A guy that is a regular on our server died by two armed guys near the lake north of Berezino.  I took the bus there to pick him up but arrived 3-4 minutes after he died.  I only had a glock so my friend said that he and his buddy died by two guys.  I ran up and shot and killed one guy in the back that was standing near the lake.  His buddy shot at me with a FAL (my first encounter with one).  I hid in the trees for a bit and then i ran back to the bus and hid behind it.. i saw a freshie (bad guy came back) so I was screaming at him to stop. He tried to distract me and I saw his buddy closing in on me.  I saw his buddy through the windows of the bus as I stood on the other side.  I then saw his buddy try to flank me and run around from the other side so I shot first with my pistol but missed and he ultimately got me in one hit.  I'm shaking right now but that was freaking fun!  pistol vs an FAL doesn't end well..

Edited by schwaBAM
  • Like 1

After stashing all of my gear (along with my friend and his gear) we headed down into berenzino to go roam around the newly changed upper part of town. Which I really like what they've done to it, looks and feels good.

I ran smack into another fully geared player while crossing an intersection. A younger gentleman with a slightly disturbing manor, due to his double carrying nature he couldn't holster his mosin, he didn't seem to comfortable out in the street and attempted to get me to go up in a house with him. Oh no, that ain't happening. My friend still remained unseen and while talking with the geared guy we decided to have my buddy come running up the street like a freshie and throw this guy off balance. Well it worked, I could've plastered this guy with my red-9 but he seemed to have calmed down and the holiday spirit was alive.

Good thing we didn't gun him down in cold blood because he did have a friend who came up with an AK. At this point I said farewell and backed off to observe and make sure they didn't mess with my bud. Well they didn't. These stand up citizens actually gifted him a hiking jacket with a G19 locked and loaded with a mag. Cool dudes for sure.

My friend logged off and I kept wandering around that area. Observed another player looting cars, double carrying while sporting a motorcycle helmet made me hesitant to approach him. Typed a little "hello" to him and lost him as he moved through the supermarket. Resumed looting and got nearly fully geared with civilian weaponry(pump action shotty, red-9 and the glock along with plenty of ammo and supplies).

Around this time I was back at that intersection from earlier, surrounded by infected, when I heard shots nearby and took cover in a house to let the infected move past. That's when I heard footsteps. Running. Right outside. The dude I'd seen earlier runs in with a shotgun and sees me drawing him down with mine, I ask him to put it down and we can talk. Turns out to be a cool guy and we make our way through town to the PD. No action and he's got no ammo, I'm about to log so we head across the street to the two story house and I hook him up with the empty pump action then leave the ammo downstairs on my way out.

All in all I'm feeling pretty good about the night as I run off into the woods. No pointless violence and some good tense encounters.

That's when I heard a burst of .380 somewhere behind, no gunfire in response. Yea I'm pretty sure that guy I helped got mowed down, happy holidayz amigo.

• Like 3

After stashing all of my gear (along with my friend and his gear) we headed down into berenzino to go roam around the newly changed upper part of town. Which I really like what they've done to it, looks and feels good.

I ran smack into another fully geared player while crossing an intersection. A younger gentleman with a slightly disturbing manor, due to his double carrying nature he couldn't holster his mosin, he didn't seem to comfortable out in the street and attempted to get me to go up in a house with him. Oh no, that ain't happening. My friend still remained unseen and while talking with the geared guy we decided to have my buddy come running up the street like a freshie and throw this guy off balance. Well it worked, I could've plastered this guy with my red-9 but he seemed to have calmed down and the holiday spirit was alive.

Good thing we didn't gun him down in cold blood because he did have a friend who came up with an AK. At this point I said farewell and backed off to observe and make sure they didn't mess with my bud. Well they didn't. These stand up citizens actually gifted him a hiking jacket with a G19 locked and loaded with a mag. Cool dudes for sure.

My friend logged off and I kept wandering around that area. Observed another player looting cars, double carrying while sporting a motorcycle helmet made me hesitant to approach him. Typed a little "hello" to him and lost him as he moved through the supermarket. Resumed looting and got nearly fully geared with civilian weaponry(pump action shotty, red-9 and the glock along with plenty of ammo and supplies).

Around this time I was back at that intersection from earlier, surrounded by infected, when I heard shots nearby and took cover in a house to let the infected move past. That's when I heard footsteps. Running. Right outside. The dude I'd seen earlier runs in with a shotgun and sees me drawing him down with mine, I ask him to put it down and we can talk. Turns out to be a cool guy and we make our way through town to the PD. No action and he's got no ammo, I'm about to log so we head across the street to the two story house and I hook him up with the empty pump action then leave the ammo downstairs on my way out.

All in all I'm feeling pretty good about the night as I run off into the woods. No pointless violence and some good tense encounters.

That's when I heard a burst of .380 somewhere behind, no gunfire in response. Yea I'm pretty sure that guy I helped got mowed down, happy holidayz amigo.

wow, talking to players and not getting shot? almost never happens to me, let alone multiple times in one day. Good to see there was no pointless violence.