shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Funny thing happened y-day. I met a guy at balota airfield. He was friendly and gave me some 357 ammo for my magnum so i showed him the chamber thingymajingy and he wanted to try russian roulette. I loaded the gun, spun it a few times, he took it and spun it a few times more and BLAM! shot his head off. Hilarious.

• Like 4

The dreaded "car-stuck-near-other-car" bug has forced me to go off and explore a lot more than usual. To my defense: I crashed the cars a lot less than in 0.59, but there simply is no going slow. Engines screaming, people shooting (I even got into an ambush where a rifle was put on the road as bait). All is well. This is a lot more the Dayz I was hoping to play than any prior version. It feels a lot more like things I do have a purpose.

I don't go collecting ammo to stack it in a tent somewhere any more. Today I was lucky and found both US-crashes after a server restart. And even though I found those choppers and they were untouched, I got out with 2 M4, one silencer NATO and 20 rounds in a 60 mag. Not a whole lot. I cursed myself later for firing 2 rounds at a zombie in Cherno. That never happened. I was actually saving the ammo for something important. Like that twat I fed and gave drink to, only to find him punching me after a server restart. Two rounds to the head solved the problem. 2 very precious rounds...#

I've also never switched vehicles so much. There was no reason to ever repair a V3S when you had to find a quarter as many wheels as for any ordinary car. Today I found a V3S that needed a glowplug and was good to go. I switched it for a 4x4, which luckily I saw early enough, so it didn't bug the V3S. I parked that away in front of the holiday camp, so it doesn't block any other cars going on the main road there. I've had a bus too, but got bugged by yet another 4x4. Either there are more of them spawning in total, or they started spawning north more.

I found the new fishing rod (telescopic) today and punched my friend with it (stabbed rather). It's fab, didn't catch any fish though. No hooks. At first I was pleased, but then I found that all the netting I found before was replaced by gazillions of fishing rods at the boat spawns. I didn't find a single netting. I have a camp with two tents and four barrels and they are damn near full (2 more people play now and then and use them). But there is nothing really good in there. I have good gear, but not a ton to fall back on. If I lose the M4 and Glock, I'm going shotgunning again, or take the Skorpion. I am pissed that I somehow lost an Amphibia mag today. First I found in a long time and in a city a pistol to snipe zombies is great to have. I wasted two good shots today, because I didn't have my pistol ready. On the topic: the hotkeys are really lagging sometimes. I wish that would stop being an issue. 

But yeah, such a great day. Not a single death. I admit, I didn't do military today, but even in the other places I had only 1 friendly encounter with a Finnish guy and that bambi I had to shoot for punching me after restart. The dirtbike helmet may have well saved my ass there! Roll on. Find a car - go everywhere :P

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I also found a car but it lacked a wheel so I left it. Found a wheel in the next town but couldnt be half.assed to go back. Cars are kinda bulletmagnets Ive noticed. just gotta shoot at them.

I simply love how the game turns in a matter of seconds. We were in Cherno, looking for netting and found only rubber boots, boonie hats and fishing rods (yay...at first). We went through the entire harbor and the south to mid of town. It was fantastic. Somehow a wall broke my friend's leg. We retreated into a workshop house (with stairs up) and I accidentially threw my gun. He tried picking it up and got kicked as I rejoined - gun in my hands. I then went upstairs and took this idyllic picture:

Spoiler

20160602235706_1_zpsj8v4yzrm.jpg

All quiet and beautiful. After I step to the window, some guy is yelling Hodor at me. I see movement in one of the houses across the street. A Freshspawn with a jerry can. I know how dangerous they can get, but I give each a chance. The problem is I have to get him away from my friend who's reconnecting downstairs. I know he's inside and I meet him on the stairs. I tell him to stay one flight of stairs below and ask what he wants. A gun is of course the answer. I laugh it off. He asks for food and drink, which I lay down and move up one flight. As he thanks me and wants to be my new best friend the server crashes. Great. 

I reconnect to find myself getting punched in the face. But the helmet softens it and I have my m4 raised. I don't usually do this, but 2 bullets to the head. Couldn't take the risk. I know you shouldn't, but I cling to my gear now, because I went to lots of different places to gather it all up. I still wish I knew how to get more ammo. Using silenced pistols we shoot our way through Cherno and look for the 2 offroad wheels we need. We find them and retreat. No netting, but my friend got back, the bugs were no bugs and the server showed mercy. Most of the day I was just driving around. It feels like I should have met other drivers, but then again I tried to avoid all traffic and took the back roads. I even went up a walking trail at night, which was real-life scary. If there were predators I'll shit my pants. I didn't even have a spare tire. How the fuck do you even get the spare tire out of the 4x4 in this version? Questions.

The good part was I got cold to the point of shaking and got rid of it really easily and without medicine. The rain does affect you after a while. I made a few fires. Can't wait to try out the new fishing rod and see if it's any different to use. But for that the car needs to drive me to camp. And I'm not sure it will. Ever again. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Just died to some ruskies with the same good vocabulary as all others "fucka uu!", They were two and I was alone and my gun clicked.

Before this a very strange thing occured. A day or os ago I logged out in teh forest by Myhkino tents. I wasa well geared with two main guns, a pistol and scorpion. When I logge din today my character was naked except for an ak in his hands with only a suppressor on it. What could've happened to him? There were no players nearby when i logged out.

Hes dead now though. Going into myshkino tents naked was a bad idea.

Logged into DayZ for the first time in a couple months having heard that .60 dropped on stable. I was pretty excited. I logged in near Krutoy Cap and didn't find anything at all... Which is a good sign because I've always been on the side of making the game more survivalist. Headed straight  up the hill to my new favourite little watering hole in Tulga and already I'm starting to get warnings about being hungry and thirsty. Checked a few buildings- nothing... found a hoe eventually and figured it might come in handy for planting so I kept that. 

Tulga has changed quite a bit... But someone just copy and pasted a bunch of other buildings (office building, that log cabin one with the upstairs)... there's a soccer pitch now? It's different but the same ol' stuff. I was disappointed.

It wasn't long before I heard a chicken and after looking around for it briefly I decided I'd take it down, start a fire and get some protein in me. I killed it with the hoe and then tried to pick it up. Hide body? All I want to do is pick it up... double click...?

Okay, okay... it's been awhile... new UI etc- tried dragging it... nope. I tried everything I could remember but couldn't pick it up. 

Moved on to a set of garage doors where I found a bus tire and an off road tire. Couldn't pick either of those up either. 

Found another chicken in my travels and punched this one to death- still couldn't pick it up. 

I logged. 

• Like 2

I played .60 stable for the first time last night ( I did play experimental .60). Spawned in close to Kamenka. Started looting through Kamenka and then ran to Komarovo and found enough canned food and soda to silence my grumbling belly. Not too much, just enough to take the orange away. Finding clothing, weapons and ammo was fairly easy, matching weapons to ammo is a different story!  I found a MP5 and a RAK in the police station but  no clips for either. I do have 9mm, shotgun and 5.56 ammo. 

Down by the buildings on the docks Komarovo I found an offroad hatchback with 1 wheel missing. A third  wheel was in the trunk and I saw one in a shed. I got the offroad on the road to Pavlovo. Just past the gate to the military base I decided to call it quits and drove into the woods to hide the hatchback.  Bad call. This morning I had a half hour to myself end logged in to see if I could drive to the Myshkino tents to make life easier when I play again, but my vehicle was gone. Server or thief?

Oh well, the thing was a bitch to drive anyway. My aim now is to see if I can get hunting and fishing. Twice I saw deer and I'm eager to bag one. 

It was fun as usual.

On 16/06/2016 at 5:49 PM, eno said:

Logged into DayZ for the first time in a couple months having heard that .60 dropped on stable. I was pretty excited. I logged in near Krutoy Cap and didn't find anything at all... Which is a good sign because I've always been on the side of making the game more survivalist. Headed straight  up the hill to my new favourite little watering hole in Tulga and already I'm starting to get warnings about being hungry and thirsty. Checked a few buildings- nothing... found a hoe eventually and figured it might come in handy for planting so I kept that. 

Tulga has changed quite a bit... But someone just copy and pasted a bunch of other buildings (office building, that log cabin one with the upstairs)... there's a soccer pitch now? It's different but the same ol' stuff. I was disappointed.

It wasn't long before I heard a chicken and after looking around for it briefly I decided I'd take it down, start a fire and get some protein in me. I killed it with the hoe and then tried to pick it up. Hide body? All I want to do is pick it up... double click...?

Okay, okay... it's been awhile... new UI etc- tried dragging it... nope. I tried everything I could remember but couldn't pick it up. 

Moved on to a set of garage doors where I found a bus tire and an off road tire. Couldn't pick either of those up either. 

Found another chicken in my travels and punched this one to death- still couldn't pick it up. 

I logged. 

Same issues here Eno, but the game looks much nicer.

Some changes are going to be tricky to adapt to - DC ran into a house and was ambushed by 2 guys inside with axes, he ran out and one followed - straight into me with my shotgun.  Fired once and somehow missed (seriously?  The gun was practically in his stomach ffs) so I fired again and... click...click...click.  Forgot you need to press R to chamber a new round\shell\cartridge\whatever now.  Stupid change.

I did figure out the chicken issue thanks to Daveb. I forgot I needed to process the chicken- i.e.: cut it into breasts etc. once I did that it was fine so I can own that error. The tires and other items? I learned from emu I think it was that you can put your hands up and then you can pick the item  up. Worth a try. 

Established my mini-camp in the far, far northwest. Feeling pretty well geared with a decent M4, FNX, etc. Visited Tisy Military. Lots of potential there, but possibly not worth the run right now. Also very easy to become disorientated in it.

Red Ensign very graciously offered to give me his canteen and other things, so I moved down towards Stary. Found all three US crashsites on the map on my way. I don't think I've seen a Russian crashsite yet.

Got a bit lost (as I often seem to do towards the Sobors) and then on the road between Kabanino and Stary noticed a guy about 50m away from me. He, and what I assume were at least two friends, started shooting immediately so I stopped worrying about overheating and sprinted towards the nearest woods. The firing was intense and I was pretty sure I was a goner. I was hyperthermic, dehydrated, bleeding and lost. Once I thought I was far enough away I bandaged.

However, I was apparently only hit once or twice. All gear fine, apart from ruined boots. Figured out where I was. Red helpfully offered me his boots after I got to Stary. He gave me all his stuff, and then I killed him with an axe. Hurrah!

I'm currently sitting in a pond on my way back to the relative calm of the far north. I seem to spend a lot of time sitting in ponds...

Eno, I had a similar issue figured it out ( at first thinking a glitched server, I popped into others and had the same issue) - you can no longer drag the item 'box' to your inventory - you have to drag the actual picture of the item across.

the box is now only for opening the item, you will see the + sign, so if it's a red shirt click and drag the actual picture of the shirt across..

Edited by Apex0110
  • Like 2

Not bad at all,

the first steps into the 0.60, lead me to make a nice city tour in Chernogorsk to enjoy the new architectural changes and to get some equipment to face the hostile environment.

After a little gear up (the red brick houses are bringing very good items spawn) I got to Zelenogorsk and Mishkhino and made some firing exercise shooting down Z's with my brand new Trumpet with hunting scope.

After a lot of shooting I saw the rifle's status turning from Pristine to Worn, I tried to make a weapon cleaning, but the status was finally set to worn.

I haven't met anyone in that journey...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldfossil said:

After a lot of shooting I saw the rifle's status turning from Pristine to Worn, I tried to make a weapon cleaning, but the status was finally set to worn.

Worn is the best you can get through repairs. Which is right, because pristine means untouched and it can only be pristine once in its cycle. Glad you are enjoying the game, but do yourself a favor and ditch that Trumpet ^^

• Like 1

The last couple days I spent most of the time working around the helicopter track, heading down to Zelenegorsk and then back up around Vybor / Valvoline / Lopatino area then across to the NWAF... skulk around there to see what's going on but surprisingly I haven't seen anyone on those treks. 

I've since meandered down to the coast since I haven't been there since I was a fresh spawn at the beginning of .60- A fog built as I got closer to the beach in Svet... I like the ambiance. 

As always my objective is more to help than hinder... however as a proud Helpy Helper I will meet anyone I encounter in the middle of their disposition. If they're friendly I'll fill them full of delicious grub and if they're assholes I'll chop them up and force feed their body to their fresh spawn. 

I had a few interesting encounters the last two days. Mostly interesting since they didn't leave me dead like they usually do.

Yesterday I came upon a Heli crash East of NWA. I scoped the area and noticed a guy just standing in the field. I then noticed another guy running in the outskirts of the field with a silenced ak and figured that the guy standing had been killed by him. I waited for a bit but he didnt seem to have seen me so i went looking for him. I then notice another player going for the helo so i wait. Surely enough silencedak guy comes back but misses his shots. I see that he is taking a route where he will pass me so i hide in a bush. He comes running past so I aim but he goes over a crest and I miss my opportunity. I go after him and he's gone. I look for a bit but he just vanished. I decied to go to the NWA instead.

At the airfield its quiet. I go through the hangars but get no attention at all so I go to the firestation. As i climb the stairs I hear a ruffle but think nothing of it. I spot zombies moving outside the ATC and as I am watching, a guy steps into the upper hallway. I go to cover and now I hear the rustling again from downstairs. A guy is inside the closed off room downstairs. He talks to me but I tell him i dont like cheaters and I am shot from the ATC. I bleed but can get some cover from the fire. I log out as i dont wanna die to these cheating fucks.

Today I log in with this character again and hes alive. I move towards tents and its quiet. As i go through the tents I notice a guy inside one. I aim at him but do not shoot. He sees me and starts to aim so i let off a volley form my Rak. He still stands and runs so i shoot the rest off but he doesnt go down. I run in teh opposite direction as I have to reload. I go a roundabout way and look for his corpse but cant find it. As I approach the tent he was in I suddenly notice him sitting behind some sandbags. I greet him heartily and he shoots at me with a shotgun so i shoot him with my rak and he drops. All his gear is ruined except an M4 with no mag so I run off.

I log in with another character on public. Hes in the prison building nearest tents on NWA. As I log in my chracter cocks his gun and a second after I hear another cock of a gun and I see a guy that logged in almost exactly when i did and in the same room. He sees me too but Im faster so down he goes. A shity way to go but Im certain he wouldve shot me. I check his body and he had loads of stuff, an AUG with mag, Ak with all attachments, kitted FNX, extra mags and ammo. Mostly ruined now but I get away with some ammo and attachments. As i leave i hear gunfire from teh ATC area but decide to not press my luck. As I get to tents I notice two guys moving into the area so I hide and wait for them to pass then move on. I go to myshkino and log out.

I decide to make a new character and spawn way off in Svet. I loot off the traincars there and move through town. A player passes me by as Im standing in a building but doesnt notice me so I let him be. I get to Krasnostav and find a magazine for my Walther pistol which turns out saving my life. I go into one of the buildings and theres two guys sitting there, carousing, They see me, I dont have a weapon in my hands, but still one of them decide to shoot. He hits me adn I run outside, drawing my pistol. As they come out I fire away, dropping one and hitting the other. I then run away, reloading and flanking. I think I have cleverly gone around them when I hear footsteps. One of them pops up behind me so I loose a few rounds and run to the house where we met. The guy I dropped is gone, either he woke up or got hid. I wait for a bit but they never appear. As i get to the ruins nearby i spot one of them in the forest but decide to let him be as I only have my pistol and he has a rifle. I move to severograd expecting them to show up at any time but they never do. I end up following a guy with a car for a while til he drives away.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Worn is the best you can get through repairs. Which is right, because pristine means untouched and it can only be pristine once in its cycle. Glad you are enjoying the game, but do yourself a favor and ditch that Trumpet ^^

=)

Little update about the Trumpet: passed from Worn to Damaged after a few other shots... may it could be due to the use of non pristine ammo? I suppose it could be so...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Killawife said:

As I log in my chracter cocks his gun and a second after I hear another cock of a gun and I see a guy that logged in almost exactly when i did and in the same room. He sees me too but Im faster so down he goes.

If you make sure to log out with your primary gun on your back, it won't do the whole reload/cocking animation. Worth bearing in mind if you're logging out in a compromised or high traffic location...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldfossil said:

=)

Little update about the Trumpet: passed from Worn to Damaged after a few other shots... may it could be due to the use of non pristine ammo? I suppose it could be so...

Did you get hit by any infected by chance? They ruined my MP5 by hitting me and I had to get another one; which took about five minutes, because it happened near a poilice station. All attachments luckily stayed pristine.

Would be interesting to know if the worn or damaged bullets actually damage the rifles. Good point! I always assumed all they do is jam your gun, but if damaged bullets destroy a rifle too...idk - seems like overkill. Almost all the bullets I find are worn or damaged.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Killawife said:

I log in with another character on public. Hes in the prison building nearest tents on NWA. As I log in my chracter cocks his gun and a second after I hear another cock of a gun and I see a guy that logged in almost exactly when i did and in the same room. He sees me too but Im faster so down he goes. A shity way to go but Im certain he wouldve shot me. I check his body and he had loads of stuff, an AUG with mag, Ak with all attachments, kitted FNX, extra mags and ammo. Mostly ruined now but I get away with some ammo and attachments. As i leave i hear gunfire from teh ATC area but decide to not press my luck. As I get to tents I notice two guys moving into the area so I hide and wait for them to pass then move on. I go to myshkino and log out.

I think it is a pity people go down so quickly. I wish it was easier to just knock them out, not kill them. I've been in similar situations and tried to heal the guy I shot and take him prisoner (until I can figure out what he's made of). Unfortunately they always go down. I hardly ever get the chance to actually heal anyone but myself. Which is a pity.

Edited by S3V3N

6 hours ago, S3V3N said:

I think it is a pity people go down so quickly. I wish it was easier to just knock them out, not kill them. I've been in similar situations and tried to heal the guy I shot and take him prisoner (until I can figure out what he's made of). Unfortunately they always go down. I hardly ever get the chance to actually heal anyone but myself. Which is a pity.

Shooting a guy in the face with an FNX45 isn't the best way to "feel a guy out," if you know what I'm sayin. 

On a serious note- I agree.

6 hours ago, S3V3N said:

I agree, It would be more fun if you go unconcious and stay like that for a long time, never really dying until you choose to respawn and having a chance to wake up everytime, even if it takes forever.

However, I have had instances where I've shot someone, healed them and they wake up and they instantly go to kill me. Nowadays if this happens I always tie people up before trying to heal them. If I cant tie them up, I usually dont heal them but run away. I very rarely do what i see streamers do all the time and shoot downed people in the head. I just think its cruel and makes for boring gameplay. This isnt call of duty.

Was out heli-hunting last night. Very well geared. Fell asleep at the keyboard...

Very, very dead - either from exposure or from gunshot wounds. Now rebuilding. But hey, at least I have stashes.

I got killed at Vybor by what must've been a cheater. I went to the military base and heard someone shuffling ammo in there and then running so I decided not to go in as I only had pistol and blaze. I ran to Vybor instead and as I was exiting the tree line I noticed i was followed a hundred metres or so behind me so I went to a piano house to set a trap. Normally most folks go to the top room but I decided to stay downstairs hidden in a corner. I quickly closed the doors and lay down to get my breath down then set into position. A few minutes went by and then I heard the guy approach, go to the door nearest where I was and shoot a few rounds through the door, right at me, killing me. I was absolutely stunned. There was no way he could've heard my breathing and I wasn't moving or doing anything, just standing with my gun pointed into the building. The movement and shots didn't seem random either but I guess I cant be sure. It was on Grumpy old gamers.

12 hours ago, Killawife said:

I got killed at Vybor by what must've been a cheater. I went to the military base and heard someone shuffling ammo in there and then running so I decided not to go in as I only had pistol and blaze. I ran to Vybor instead and as I was exiting the tree line I noticed i was followed a hundred metres or so behind me so I went to a piano house to set a trap. Normally most folks go to the top room but I decided to stay downstairs hidden in a corner. I quickly closed the doors and lay down to get my breath down then set into position. A few minutes went by and then I heard the guy approach, go to the door nearest where I was and shoot a few rounds through the door, right at me, killing me. I was absolutely stunned. There was no way he could've heard my breathing and I wasn't moving or doing anything, just standing with my gun pointed into the building. The movement and shots didn't seem random either but I guess I cant be sure. It was on Grumpy old gamers.

Your legs/body might have been glitch-visible poking out of the wall, assuming you were next to one...

Have to say, I'm really pleased with my stashes and have managed that quite well (barrels, spread over different servers, in next-to unidentifiable locations). It gives me the freedom to explore the map a bit more, have more player encounters and indulge in more gunplay if/when they go sour.

No I weren't. I was in the corridor next to the piano.