SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

It means that there are 16-18 places per server that they can spawn on server restart, but there will only be a total of 3 crashes. So they will only spawn in one of the 16-18 spots. At least I think that's what they mean.

Thank's. It makes sense.

I just had to relog aswell because my character got stuck in the "throwing" animation when they cock their arm back, i pressed G by accident then pressed the space bar to raise my fists then i got stuck, i even switched weapons and i was still stuck in the cock back position, even tried pressing G to actually throw something and he wouldn't i could shoot and swing and punch but i couldn't move

Has anyone had trouble using walkie talkies in this build?

I've never had one before but my pal and I both found one and can't get them to work. Using batteries which have power in them when you lick them and are not badly damaged. Turn it on, go to the correct frequency, but when trying to change the channel from direct to the radio channel using ',' & '.' nothing happens. It just says direct channel all the time.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or we are still not doing something right? I believe we have done everything though!

just logged on and new char, take it thats with the patch, thats why i never gear up to the hill like most people, so many of them gonna moan n cry my gear blah blah, oh well

Heh, so not just me then. Typically around the time the sun sets and the time between when the moon comes up it's pitch black.

This is the time when samurais attack.

This is the time when samurais attack.

Samurais? I thought it was Ninjas.

So the character wipe still seems universal, huh? That sucks. It's not a big deal, but it still sets me back several hours of progress towards... something ;)

very strange i logged earlier n got new char.  just logged onto german server and had my original charc back with all the gear i had. oh happy day :D .  oh well as they say you click understand thats its alpha and stuff happens.

They have the ability to do this already. I've even seen it already. But it appears to be haphazardly implemented as it is very inconsistent, and we've needed it and complained about it for 7 months.

It just doesn't seem to be a priority for the devs. Which is sad because it would probably take all of an afternoon to code.

I dont think it would even take that long, maybe its just a server side command for admins atm. Shouldnt be big deal to force it on every server.

very strange i logged earlier n got new char.  just logged onto german server and had my original charc back with all the gear i had. oh happy day :D .  oh well as they say you click understand thats its alpha and stuff happens.

Sounds like the assumed hive issues have been resolved then. Good to know, I want to keep getting my experimental character ready for something :)

So is experimental on the same build as stable for the moment or has it been updated as well? I loaded up Steam this morning to download the stable update but didn't check experimental.

So is experimental on the same build as stable for the moment or has it been updated as well? I loaded up Steam this morning to download the stable update but didn't check experimental.

exp and stable are at the same version currently

exp and stable are at the same version currently

Thanks! :) That gives me some flexibility in what I accomplish this evening.

Can't wait to see what the new experimenta has to offer when it arrives :)))

• Like 1

Hey guys. 

We had another look on the shotgun behaviour so I thought I'd let you know about some stuff as it seems that a lot of people are having problems.

I cannot agree that the shotgun damage is off by any means. Your vest will usually more or less absorb one shotgun hit, which seems perfectly fine. The next shot will then seriously injure your character (or kill him straight away from short range). The third shot is almost always a kill. A headshot is always a one hit kill.

As for the single pellet problem, we're now investigating the cause of the problem, but it does seem that only one pellet is fired with each shot you take.

Yes I've also noticed only one pellet from the shotgun shell being fired. This is probably why many are saying its bugged or doesn't seem effective as a firearm right now.

I never used the gamma exploit but I'm hoping this new night will make more people willing to play when it gets dark (and not use the exploit). The new renderer should help too in the future as I never have night issues in Arma 3 with DX11.

Edited by haknslash

As for the single pellet problem, we're now investigating the cause of the problem, but it does seem that only one pellet is fired with each shot you take.

Thank you Accolyte, that's the point I was trying to raise. You got it!

Good job again :)

So when are we getting a new update?

serious, you need a update every 2 days? what kinda greedy fellow you are?

Edited by Guest

serious, you need a update every 2 days? what kinda greedy fellow you are?

I think some are just expecting it because experimental and stable often get bumped to new versions on the same day. I can't think of any other reason, though since we just got another decent-sized update on Monday.

So when are we getting a new update?

Tomorrow according to Dean Hall`s tweet. Server Perf. updates 64bit maybe :P

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Anyone know wats going on with 360 controller support ?? yes i use a pad & you use a K&B iam happy for you.

Edited by Marlec

Tomorrow according to Dean Hall`s tweet. Server Perf. updates 64bit maybe :P

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Anyone know wats going on with 360 controller support ?? yes i use a pad & you use a K&B iam happy for you.

64bit servers 'r allready in use :)

Edited by Guest

DirectX ? Multicore?  ;)

Edited by lrish

just in case that i had to guess, i would say:

• more slots per server
  • more zombies per server
  • more loot per sever
  • loot respawn

AND

• desync & rubberbanding
Edited by Guest