SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

Has anyone not had their character wiped?

yes

• Like 1

ouw, nice spawns they added - spawned 20m away from vybor.

someone might correct me, but i think that spawn is pretty new.

Edited by Guest

ouw, nice spawns they added - spawned 20m away from vybor.

someone might correct me, but i think that spawn is pretty new.

New to me.

I once got spawn 20m away from Novy Sobor.

They really seem to be spreading spawns out. It's great as it will stop people looting their own bodies. Not judging btw - I've done it myself. One time I was killed, got back to my body, was killed again, and got back to my body again and got killed. Gave up after that:D

• Like 1

So far everyone has said about the same thing: new spawn, healthy, hydrated, and spawning near Vybor.

Sounds to me like the players joining in are getting a character that is default or something and the hive is not connected.

Has anyone heard any official word that it was in fact a programmed character wipe?

• Like 1

Has anyone heard any official word that it was in fact a programmed character wipe?

a couple of us asked Hicks when he announced that experimental was coming back up but we never got a response from Hicks. although we did get the "login and find out like the rest of us" crap from a couple of other tweeters - peeps just be so rude these days.

• Like 1

a couple of us asked Hicks when he announced that experimental was coming back up but we never got a response

I was one of them ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Is it me or is Night not so pitch black? Was on Exp at about 6pm(in game time) and it wasn't as dark as it usually is even without a moonlit night.

Is it me or is Night not so pitch black? Was on Exp at about 6pm(in game time) and it wasn't as dark as it usually is even without a moonlit night.

Didnt notice difference, maybe my settings were fucked D:. I need to investigate this!

I have a feeling that tomorrows stable changelog is going to contain some surprises. ;)

Just curious, is it a requirement to be a 13 year old asshat to play on Exp?

• Like 2

Shotgun is still unrealistically shit.

Shot two people on two separate events with buckshot from less than ten meters away and they didn't even start bleeding. The second guy groaned so I'm 100% sure I hit him.

There's a reason why shotgun hasn't gone through drastic changes during past hundred years and that's because it's a devastating weapon at close ranges.

I'm with you on that one mang I want my shotgun un-nerfed... I think they changed it to shooting one pellet at a time a while ago so it's not really acting like a shotgun would , I've had multiple occasions during .45 patch where I would shoot with the shotgun in between two people (almost Shoulder to shoulder) and neither of them got hurt.

Also another occasion that is similar to yours, I had shot a guy on the stairs of the piano house with the izh full length (whereas I was standing on the second floor looking down the stair case so about 7 ft between us) and nothing happened , I shoot again and he's bleeding , I chased him outside while reloading with a snap loader and yet another slug/ pellet I land Into his shoulder , he spins around and takes me out ..D=

Yes, i noticed that too, at 7 pm wasn't pitch black, Black and white but i could still see. Was the first thing i said to my mate.

Yes, i noticed that too, at 7 pm wasn't pitch black, Black and white but i could still see. Was the first thing i said to my mate.

Heh, so not just me then. Typically around the time the sun sets and the time between when the moon comes up it's pitch black.

Had this experience, too. But i got problems with my gam mar before -> hat to put it at maximum, otherwise the screen was black xD (at day!)

Anyone else notice that the Wood floor tents in the military camps are not spawning any loot any more?

• Like 1

Can someone explain this?

Number of possible Helicopter Crash Sites increased from 16-18. (Number of crashed Helicopters on the map stays 3)

Early evening appears to be fixed. No longer pitch black. It's great, me likee.

it's not you. It's great, I love it. It's gonna rock. Edited by Barnabus

Can someone explain this?

Number of possible Helicopter Crash Sites increased from 16-18. (Number of crashed Helicopters on the map stays 3)

It means that there are 16-18 places per server that they can spawn on server restart, but there will only be a total of 3 crashes. So they will only spawn in one of the 16-18 spots. At least I think that's what they mean.

This patch is either slightly fucked, or there's some bad idea's involved in this. Was getting attacked by two zombies that was infront of me (Hitting thin air) i took hits an all i had was a gun so didn't want to shoot, so stood back hoping the 'Desync bad positiion' would fix itself it didn't, in 3 hits i had a fracture and a ruined jacket (Which somehow also went through my body and ruined my backpack and everything in it) the fuck really?

But on a side note i am loving the new night time! I actually have colour and it's not pitch black, good work on that guys!

Also there is a bug where sometimes if you press say 1/2/3/4/5 or whichever number to put an item in your hands your character will sometimes vault & i'm not a huge fan of not being able to move things on the floor anymore by dragging it from the vicinity, alot of times you can't get past the fire extinguisher spawns on the stairs in the fire station so you're unable to get past & if your buddy dies you can no longer drag his gear from his body and onto the floor so when his body disappears he can't reclaim his gear, not a big fan  of this.