SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

watching a streamer on twitch (zSmak) playing on experimental and all the guy found was a radar cap.

I think the loot re-spawn system is too complex for its own good/.

the system should be more cartoonie than survival and omg look at what we can do with the system.

basic system should be 

- weapons (melee, firearms), containers, backpacks, tents and military gear (eg.. assault vest, ect ...)

should be persistent.

- items dropped anywhere in the world should just despawn after 10 minutes.

- loot in buildings should just re-spawn every 15 minutes or so regardless if there are items in the area that were dropped and\or if players are in the vicinity.

Personally think they are going too complex with the system when it should be the simplest system to implement

I just wish i could find loot lol.

Loot respawn need some fixing.

Often I can't find anything and then I am finding 6 gas stoves in same place on top of each others or 9 boonie hats stacked in exactly same place.

Yesterday shortly before I starved I have found 12 (12!) can of sardines stacked on each other but I had nothing to open them with me.

Edited by Frosti

watching a streamer on twitch (zSmak) playing on experimental and all the guy found was a radar cap.

I think the loot re-spawn system is too complex for its own good/.

the system should be more cartoonie than survival and omg look at what we can do with the system.

basic system should be 

- weapons (melee, firearms), containers, backpacks, tents and military gear (eg.. assault vest, ect ...)

should be persistent.

- items dropped anywhere in the world should just despawn after 10 minutes.

- loot in buildings should just re-spawn every 15 minutes or so regardless if there are items in the area that were dropped and\or if players are in the vicinity.

Personally think they are going too complex with the system when it should be the simplest system to implement

Actually current loot system on experimental servers makes me feel like playing a real survival game (if there were zombies it would feel like zombie survival game).

It needs some *little* fixing here and there but it already made me think twice about killing a guy that was moving junk items from buildings in a city. And this doesn't happens often, till now I KoSed.

And guess what. I didn't killed the guy because extra pair of hands to help pick up junk items to help trigger good items respawn was worth it to let him live.

So this explains the guy I ran across at a warehouse who was throwing loot off the building saying something about the edge of a spawn grid or something. He said he was there for almost two hours. You can run clear across the map in that much time, seems a little fruitless, pardon the pun. Wouldn't it just be easier to run to another grid? I don't know how he determined the edge of it or whatever, when I left him he was still talking about it.

I found an apple my first search of a tree and not a one the next twenty. Same with berries, the first bush I found some and none since. Glad I quickly googled if red berries were poisonous.

• Like 1

LOOT NOOT RESPANDING COMRAD DIN HOOL FIX IT, MAI FRENDS DIE HANGRY, I NEXT HELP!

rwfzvb63m1eg.jpg

gk6m579m297d.jpg

• Like 1

Is it the same for stable? I'm back after a few months and I could go Stable branch for a while (rarely happens) and check out the new features and stuff.

While it took me about twice as much time to get geared on EXP, I did run into some dupers trail in Zele. @ the barracks and garages I found stacks of dozens of AKM/AK101/FN mags, CR75 pistols with mags some with ammo some none and a room with like 20 black ballistic helmets and AK folding stocks.

That said, apple tree spamming covered getting me fed to full energized/hydrated/healthy in only ~ 5 searches. But I'm sure they'll fix that bug.

1.) they have warnings on EXP

2.) wrong section if u talkin about stableservers

3.) see 1.

1) They didn't when I started this thread, it seems some are now doing so but by no means all.

2) Luckily I am discussing experimental servers. I've given the game away by using the term "experimental servers" and starting this thread in the experimental section of the forum.

3) See 1.

Currently, all experimental branch servers operate with restart warnings - they should be every .. hour? then 5 minutes prior, and then 1 minute prior. Keep your eyes open!

If they do not occur, then it is most likely due to a crash - these happen on experimental from time to time. :)

Thanks. I totally understand it's a low priority thing and obviously servers can fall over for other reasons than just a restart but it can be "a tad nippy" (Scottish colloquialism) dropping the connection without warning.

Edited by ricp

I like that they are doing what the can to discourage farming but the location mechanic sucks. I should NEVER find a payday mask at military location, same with civilian items that don't belong there. I would have guessed someone left it there in place is a helmet or hat while looting but I watched one spawn in a room right when I was there.

Same goes for police stations. What are all with all these random colored sneakers and boots spawning there?

I see what they are trying to do with the spawns... but they aren't really stopping those with nothing but time on there hands. I think they should be focusing on the broken mechanics of the game and then adjust all this crap later when everything is running correctly. The zombie issues should first and foremost, bar none. The game is a zombie survival game and the zombies don't work right. That would be fine if I could find a damned weapon or food when I spawn (EXP).

My point is the game has sold over 2m copies in its alpha stage, you are doing it right. Don't stray from that now, get the game working and then get the feedback to sharpen the experience for everyone and apply balance.

Yes the farmers and hoppers suck but they are not breaking the game, just like KOS players aren't. I would rather deal with a geared up player with my trusty SKS then be uber geared and keep getting my stuff ruined by invisible zombies and ones I can't hit.

While it took me about twice as much time to get geared on EXP, I did run into some dupers trail in Zele. @ the barracks and garages I found stacks of dozens of AKM/AK101/FN mags, CR75 pistols with mags some with ammo some none and a room with like 20 black ballistic helmets and AK folding stocks.

That said, apple tree spamming covered getting me fed to full energized/hydrated/healthy in only ~ 5 searches. But I'm sure they'll fix that bug.

I have eaten eight Apple's and was still hungry. Between that and the almost zero loot servers I wonder why I waste my time with this game.

OP, please fix your Aspect Ratio.

Yes, loot is wonky. I spawned into a server restarted just a couple minutes earlier, I went into the City Hall at Novo and all the couches and tables were covered in itmes. There had to be 40 guns in that building. I don;t think it was duped play a player though.. Many matching items were of different condition. But I explored the coty and another area for the next 2 horus or so and the rest of the loot spawns were normal.