SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I can live with all of the little bugs currently plaguing Experimental. What I can't live with, however, is this:

Rubber_band_flat.jpg

I don't really follow Reddit/Twitter or anything, but has anyone heard whether or not they're looking at this issue? It's really hard to test the new features when you're fighting to pull yourself out of a building's gravitational pull.

• Like 3

I can live with all of the little bugs currently plaguing Experimental. What I can't live with, however, is this:

I don't really follow Reddit/Twitter or anything, but has anyone heard whether or not they're looking at this issue? It's really hard to test the new features when you're fighting to pull yourself out of a building's gravitational pull.

It sucks, yeah. But if you simply walk instead of sprinting inside/around buildings and fences its not a big deal. I played eight hours today and only had a couple of rubber banding instances after forcing myself to walk through buildings.

yes i wanted to craft a "Improvised Leather Backpack" too and its gone. The "Leather Courier Bag" was useable and shown on the ground but the upgrade vanishes...(leather was from a deer)

nqkzbkqg.jpg

edit:

Ive tried to cook some deer steaks, but after ~5min the meat was still raw. The backround of the meat (in the inventory) was red=hot, but nothing happens?! Took it more then 5min to cook meat or is it a bug?

Edited by xCAPx

Well, it depends on what server you are using, using the UK servers (only ones that show up) I CANNOT escape buildings, even if I prone my way out of them, I have a feeling it has something to do with the increased strain on the servers and netcode from the fixes to zombies and respawning loot (I assume it respawns). Rubber banding has always been worse on Experimental, but it FEELS like it is worse than normal. I have yet to play on the Dallas servers (I'm in Texas, so that would confirm if it is worse or not), so I dunno ifi t is just lag or what. I assume the Experimental servers are not currently running the 64 bit versions, so that could easily explain all the problems if so (I assume that is for a later in experimental in the next couple weeks)

I suppose I can add it to the list... but I was thinking more along the lines of small bugs like listed.

Edit: added to the list. If you think about it, it is an oddity anyway you consider it, I had rubber banding on german servers last time, but not nearly as bad as this, so yeah it is odd, even if it is easily explained.

Edited by bodybagger2430

This is another small annoyance that my wife and I found today. We could run just fine for about an hour or so, but then the session would disconnect. No big deal, just jump back into the server...right? No. On reentry we would be fresh spawns. This could be server related as we were only on UK servers, but it was a little annoying to have to find each other repeatedly through a 4 hour play session. Can anyone else confirm the character wipe on session loss?

Edited by Mpact76

My experience with the experimental branch has been the following

• Haven't found a single (major) bug yet
  • Meat is -4% when cooked
  • Love the animation for crouching movement <3
  • Love the new spawns, when I spawned didn't know where I was and had a hard time stealthing trough town to figure it out and find some gear, felt like the old days in the mod :')
  • Fishing is a little bit annoying and always get killed while doing it
  • People emigrated from Berezino...finally
  • Thanks for the "Drink All" option
  • AKM is pretty cool
  • The massive amount of lag and rubberbanding is awful
  • Flare lighting is pretty much amazing :)
  • Throwing objects happens in slowly picture-like movement 
  • Like 1

As I'm playing on a lower end system, I can say that I did notice a slight boost in FPS. I now how over 30 regularly. Before, I would see 20 and occasionally the teens.

I have also found this bug which was bothering me since a couple experimental updates ago - sometimes I just can't place any item in a particular slot. Usually a one by one slot at a random spot in the backpack or pants...

I have also found this bug which was bothering me since a couple experimental updates ago - sometimes I just can't place any item in a particular slot. Usually a one by one slot at a random spot in the backpack or pants...

That's a glitch to do with server messaging and delay, just drop the item that has the glitched pockets and put it back on and you'll be good, happens on Stable too.

• Like 2

Yes that is correct, completely new hive.

My toon on the public experimental hives did not get wiped.  Only the ones on the private hives.  I played on the one public experimental that was still up yesterday (didn't see it today) and everything was still in inventory. 

next try: in the current stable, rifles already have "less turnspeed", at least for me. It was introduced in the experimental before the last stable update.

In stable: Rifles lag behind and then go to the middle, first faster, then slower. The closer they get to the center, the slower they adjust. That actually matches my experience with real life aiming.

NEW, FRESH, current experimental: Rifles lag behind just like in stable, but they do the last adjustment, when you stopped moving, in on speed only. Not faster, while you are still quite a bit off followed by slower adjustments, the closer the rifle is getting to the center of the screen. Now it moves at one speed directly to center. I consider that a bug, probably some regression.

Or are you saying that rifles do not lag behind for you in stable?

I like the way it is right now on stable. Didn't play experimental, but if it is the way you described then I am sure I would not like it.

SE and DE Servers also save characters!

played on DAL, DE, SE, UK and EU Servers.  all had my character.  no wipes at all!

• Like 1

I don't believe this is correct. Most experimental servers are running private (aka they are not connected to the central hive) so they won't connect to your old experimental char. However, there's one or two public servers in which I was able to return to my old experimental character just fine on more than one occasion.

Private = reset

Public = old char

I'm not even sure if it's like that as I ending up showing my friend around for the first time with the new patch and new contents, we ended up going back to the same private server after two session lost moments with having the same stuff, then tried again and it was a character reset, then we went to a completely different server and it was the characters we had built up over those few hours again.

Then on another session lost we both connected again, she was still the same character, meanwhile I was my first experimental character from the current build lost in the woods with no pants. Then we swapped and both started fresh on a new server before another session lost and again she got reset and I didn't. So it seems more completely random to me.

I played two times on the new ex branch, and unfortunately i have to say both times after about 40 minutes of gameplay, my session got lost and the dayz.exe crashed too...

when i played, i really liked the patch and it was fun to play after about 2 months of abundance of this beautiful game!

anyone else experiencing this?

Session Lost, Session Lost, Session Lost... time and time again. Whether the servers are full or not. Sometimes I'll get 5 minutes play, sometimes I'll get 10, but Session Lost will happen certainly within 20.

Every time I reconnect I am given a fresh spawn.

I can't be the only person suffering this.. :(

I really hope that session lost is related to experimental environment only and hope that they will make sure this is true in order to avoid a general disaster like it happened a few months ago with session lost on stable.

With so many new features I also hope that they will fix every new crash that came in before release to stable. Don't hurry devs! ;) Great job, I can't wait for this stable update.

Edited by lucianpin

Finally, you developers did something good! I really like the latest exp.patch... great work!

Now, there is only 1 thing missing - and the real dayz-feeling is back...

> Respawning loot + persistent storage(tents etc.) <

Keep it up the good work! :thumbsup:

Edited by TiMEDANCE

yap defenetely need a tent or something to store all the required tools for hunting, fishing, making fireplaces (upgrading) and cooking...

• Like 2

Just a few of the bugs I came across while testing:

- When you chamber load the AKM, the round hovers below the gun. Facing backwards.

- MASSIVE rubberbanding (took me 53 attempts to leave the firestation. I counted). This was both walking and running, and each time it teleported me inside the wall of the firestation and I had to spend ~30sec trying to get out. Makes it pretty much unplayable, so I can't test any more.

- Took a drink of soda while standing on the first floor of a barn. It broke my legs. Wonderful.

- Ran over a rock in the forest. Insta-killed me. I'm talking a tiny pebble.

- Possible to fire the AKM with no handguard or buttstock...

yap defenetely need a tent or something to store all the required tools for hunting, fishing, making fireplaces (upgrading) and cooking...

HELL YEAH - YOU HAVE MY BEANS! :D TAKE IT - AND EAT IT :D

Edited by kichilron
Removed Memespam.
  • Like 1

kinda makes people to work in teams and divide rols in teams (cooking, medic, hunting, and when wehicles come: mechanic)

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 2

About the CHAR WIPES, I am really not sure, what servers are in a hive together. Someone wrote about UK, SE, ... some more where all had his char. When I try to get into experimental, i simply try all hardcore servers again and again, so I really don't know which server I actually get on. Obviously some share a hive. But not all, I got a char yesterday that was from like 5 servers before. After that one I originally had a fresh char, so there are definitely some in a hives, unclear how many hives there are though. But really ppl, when I played experimental the last time, every server was his own hive (or it felt like it), so this is already better.

Also keep in mind that char wipes are also a problem in stable. I lost mine twice. So when you look how often you enter experimental and loose sessions, it stands to reason that you see more char wipes assuming that bug is still in experimental.

Concerning RUBBERBANDING, I think I wrote it before, it does seem to be a navigation thing, not desync. Take other routes through wide gaps, if available. It seems the server thinks you ran somewhere where you should not have been able to. Just try different ways. Actually I am quite happy that it seems like it is not desync, but a navigation problem. That just might indicate that the messaging system is improving :). That was one of my main concerns for the future after the guaranteed messaging system did not really improve the desync in the last stable, so I have hope there. Did not check my desync values ingame though...

EDIT: I am repeating myself here, but does no one thing that aiming with rifles has regressed? With that robotic one speed aiming when you wait for the rifle to go to the center of the screen? I already have lagging weapons in stable, but not so robotic one speed only when the rifle catches up in experimental now...

Edited by bautschi

Started a new game on experimental after a month. Found a little stuff, two friendly people. Got attacked by a zomb, fled and bandaged myself. Got shot by a noob while bandaging... Started again, got attacked by a zomb, used all my rags, then went to a police station, zombs managed to follow me inside and attack me through walls, went on the roof, tried to leave the police station to find rags. Got teleported on the roof once I was outside, managed to survive, went outside again. Got teleported again on the roof, fell and died. Ok, enough, waiting for the next patch.

Edited by Karakoz

Finally, you developers did something good! I really like the latest exp.patch... great work!

Now, there is only 1 thing missing - and the real dayz-feeling is back...

> Respawning loot + persistent storage(tents etc.) <

Keep it up the good work! :thumbsup:

Id say tents will be a craft Item at somepoint ie canvas, rope, ash wood sticks etc which I hope is added rather than going to a shop and finding a tent, or camo army/hunting tents at crash sites rare item?

I know they will be adding player built buildings at some point but hidden tents dotted around the map would be great to add and help eliminate some of the banditing

• Like 1