SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Why can't BI distribute information on the progress/status of exp. Servers and all other stuff from ONE source? I hate checking 5 Twitter accounts to get the latest news.

I know there's a Devtracker Section but it mostly contains private tweets from Rocket which are absolutely non related to DayZ... I wish there was a info box in the Game, which gives you the latest informations on Maintainance, new Patches, upcoming features, etc. <_<

You do understand you are posting on the very thing you are asking for...

So i must each time download experimental, start experimental, search for servers if not found i need to download again the stable?

Maybe a little post sticked here with 4 words: experimental servers are UP or experimental servers are DOWN could be usefull?

(Yes i know, early access, bla bla bla, forums, bla bla bla, kos etc etc)

Can you please elaborate on that?

I think blah blah blah trying to say zib zorp bloop blorp stuff yadda yadda yadda and zibty zoopatiy zapity things shimmy shimmy shimmy .

Darn man had a really nice post that I edited it to and BAM I messed up and now it's gone. So the short and sweet version is Demonio you can search for the experimental servers without needing to downloading the experimental version of the game. Simply once in the stable version of the game and at the server select screen go to the filter option located at the bottom left of the screen. Then once at the filter section in the Host field type in "experimental" (without quotes) make sure you save this change by clicking ok then bing bang boom the servers pop up. It might take some time for the servers to show since BI games like to update their server lists very much so ungodly slow. If the servers are empty they might not be opened to the public if they have players in them then its safe to say the servers are up for your enjoyment/testing.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

Just how many experimental servers are there supposed to be for testing?  I have only seen 4 regular exp. servers and 2 passworded servers available at any given time.  Are they only running at particular times of day?  Any feedback would be appreciated

are the exp. server offline ? cant find any.

are the exp. offline ? cant find any

Yes, they are offline.

They haven't been properly online for a while ;)

Maybe next week (today is saturday).

Experimental is not online. Now it is almost Sunday: we'll see next week.

I have a feeling the survival update push will come to experimental this Wednesday or next , kind of a bummer but killing bandits never gets old ;)

I have a feeling the survival update push will come to experimental this Wednesday or next , kind of a bummer but killing bandits never gets old ;)

I hope.. I have a feeling with everything they are adding in it may take until the end of May before we see it. But again, I hope you are right.

BTW.. you timed that post of yours rather nicely. 1972267_637270726346908_1573402830_t.jpg

No one else would do it, so I did.  Any news on why they have been down for over a week and no official ETA beyond rumor should be posted here.  This is not a rant at all, I just want to help people manage their expectations, and focus on the Experimental Server downtime.  Professional code developers would conduct a retrospective, a post mortem, a "how did we drop the ball and how will we not drop it in the future" meeting.

After setting the ping time to 500ms and waiting forever, the only server with version 0.45.123906 is called "Hicks", aka the big kahuna of DayZ, and it is locked.  No other servers are available.

Please post updates to the experimental server pool here.

A sticky would be great.

Thank you.

Could you link to an official statement from somewhere?

Expect the Experimental Servers up and running when there is a new build to test publicly, not before.

Topics merged.

I can't read it constantly ¥_¥.

Wednesday it's mainteinance day, it has nothing to do with the experimental updates...

If it happens, it is probably a coincidence.

Usually they apply updates to the stable branch on wednesday because it is a good occasion to do so, but the experimental branch never followed this "rule". It is done when necessary.

I hope.. I have a feeling with everything they are adding in it may take until the end of May before we see it. But again, I hope you are right.

BTW.. you timed that post of yours rather nicely. 1972267_637270726346908_1573402830_t.jpg

Well in my time zone it was 7:20 but hell ya man ! Haha I have to be honest Toking while playing this game solo is the hardest thing when you wanna stay alive XD

My tickle-me-elmo sences are telling me something is getting pushed out this week, most likely friday. Elmo has never failed me before.

*edit*

I couldnt imagine playing this game 420'd out. After 10 minutes of sneaking around i'd get bored and start picking berries and force feeding them to rabbits.

Edited by Khrony
  • Like 1

Why make a thread and call it Experimental Discussion because you now if you discuss your findings the same old faces will jump all over you and shout you down for saying you found a problem.  

People shouldn't play on experimental  discussion if the name experimental discussion itself doesn't tell them anything.

*snip* you now if you discuss your findings the same old faces will jump all over you and shout you down for saying you found a problem.  

People shouldn't play on experimental  discussion if the name experimental discussion itself doesn't tell them anything.

How can you find a problem if there are no exp. servers online?  :rolleyes:

You were shouted down for reporting a problem? There are many people out there who don't know the difference between discussing and complaining. I'm not saying you are one of them because I don't know which posts you refer to.

Reading the DevTracker here in the forum saved me a lot of typing, because there you can almost immediately read which issues they are aware of. 

Lets take the zombie AI as an example. Its absolutely worthless to complain about it, because rocket explained in detail in the dayz subreddit that they have an entire studio working on it and how far they are jet.

They are not going to improve it step by step. They will completely replace it when its done.

I think we will finally get something thats worth waiting for. There are still ~63% of the game we haven't seen jet.

:)

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 2

Let's hope something comes very soon. I've been hopping between DayZ streams and every single streamer I watched was voicing strong opinions about the state of the game and close to rage quitting or discussing upcoming games. I think this game will be OK by release, but it's really hard to not get caught up in the negative atmosphere this game is currently dealing with. I think they need to address at least one of the big technical issues and fix it for good and fully complete at least one of the unfinished game mechanics with this patch and the community will calm down a lot. If they can't do at least that I think it's going to get a whole lot worse.

• Like 2

How can you find a problem if there are no exp. servers online?  :rolleyes:

You were shouted down for reporting a problem? There are many people out there who don't know the difference between discussing and complaining. I'm not saying you are one of them because I don't know which posts you refer to.

Reading the DevTracker here in the forum saved me a lot of typing, because there you can almost immediately read which issues they are aware of. 

Lets take the zombie AI as an example. Its absolutely worthless to complain about it, because rocket explained in detail in the dayz subreddit that they have an entire studio working on it and how far they are jet.

They are not going to improve it step by step. They will completely replace it when its done.

I think we will finally get something thats worth waiting for. There are still ~63% of the game we haven't seen jet.

:)

I think I may have missed a discussion about how that new studio is doing with zombies. Can someone post a link? I knew they had a group of people tackling it, but was there a specific reddit discussion where Rocket gave updates on that and explained a general direction zombies were heading in?

I think I may have missed a discussion about how that new studio is doing with zombies. Can someone post a link? I knew they had a group of people tackling it, but was there a specific reddit discussion where Rocket gave updates on that and explained a general direction zombies were heading in?

Thread about it here with links to Reddit. Enjoy!  ;)

Can't wait for the new Zeds!

Edited by R.Neville

Thread about it here with links to Reddit. Enjoy!  ;)

Can't wait for the new Zeds!

Thank you! You're the best person here.