SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Yep, met a few along the way. I also noticed every time you log out, even when you reconnect on the same server, your char is wiped and you start at the beach.

On regular I had that too but after a server restart a few minutes ago I got my old character back.

omg if there is an experimental update I will chloroform my wife.

• Like 7

doesnt look very much upgraded yet. :(

just played 1-2 hours of experimental, here some info about what i saw :

- crashed heli and cars still spawn loot, police station, medical and other buildings around svetlo don't. :/ (at least it all seems unlooted but was totally empty).

- heard like 5 Zeds, while travelling through svetlo to chapaernarsk(?) but saw none of them...until i arrived there, then 4 Zeds spawned around me o.O :D.

- there are no new towns or items, as far as i experienced and

~4 times i got teleported back, so it seems that the servers still get lags from players joining on it.

- 1 axe-hit kills a Zed again

it looks like the same servers before the devs closed them, maybe just preparing stuff for Wednesday (hopefully^^)?

• Like 2

yeah they haven't been up for a good couple weeks now.... Pretty annoying...

They said next patch would be respawning loot, maybe they having trouble with it.

Yep, met a few along the way. I also noticed every time you log out, even when you reconnect on the same server, your char is wiped and you start at the beach.

i just played a bit more, my character didnt revert back or was wiped, i joined same char, i relogged like 5 times never lost anything, played on the one hardcore server uk 12.

omg if there is an experimental update I will chloroform my wife.

BEST IDEA EVER! 

• Like 1

Only new thing i found so far is the P1 pistol ... Anyone found something else ??? Also i dont know if thats new but i found a M4 on top on broken military truck and tank.

Srry for my bad english

• Like 1

Yah, looks like its not the newest exp version as those are still up and PW locked as SE servers with a different higher level patch. :( Nothing different except the P1 pistol for me too. Ill check to see if there are sticks on the forest floor or I can cut down a tree but doubt thats in this version. 

It was on EXP before it went down, not sure if it's back up yet.

Just grow a pair ;)

you're assuming too much.. perhaps he just wants her to take a long nap?

It was on EXP before it went down, not sure if it's back up yet.

Ah, how was it?

They've been pending notes on the patch notes for the past 2 weeks. I haven't played for a few months but doesn't seem like a whole lot of progress has been made. Maybe a few more months.

Ah, how was it?

They've been pending notes on the patch notes for the past 2 weeks. I haven't played for a few months but doesn't seem like a whole lot of progress has been made. Maybe a few more months.

Laggy as F**k. Was almost unplayable.

Hope they get it sorted they said they had found the issue that was causing the lag. With any luck. :p

Ah, how was it?

Uh oh.   You said something negative about the game.    This will be going to the grave yard in 3....2...1...

Sorry if im late to the party. I've heard people talking about experimental and the AKM.

Is it patched again? Is the AKM in? What's new?

Uh oh.   You said something negative about the game.    This will be going to the grave yard in 3....2...1...

It's true... The progress being made with this game is beyond slow. I'm gonna end up buying Arma 3 and go with BP for a while.

• Like 2

It's true... The progress being made with this game is beyond slow. I'm gonna end up buying Arma 3 and go with BP for a while.

Yeah give them more money, that will show em :)

But seriously, people that aren't happy with the progress should actually take some months off.

Yeah give them more money, that will show em :)

But seriously, people that aren't happy with the progress should actually take some months off.

I did. I feel like the SA will be outstanding in the end, but it'll be years and years from now.

Another gem...

Hello there

For many folk I do think moving onto other games until 1.0 is very much the answer.

The dev process is far from slow, but not all that the devs do is "customer facing" much of it is to the core engine.

I recommend popping in at a later date. The build is not at a stage for casual players although it is very playable to many.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

Its not so much that progress has been slow, its just that the the starting point was so far back.

The truth is this isnt an alpha... this is still pre-alpha development.   I have said this in other threads and Ill say it again.  I think the sale of "alpha" was really more of an investment tool to jump start a totally stalled 2 year development.  It was like a venture capital start up funded by customers lol. 

Another gem...

Hello there

For many folk I do think moving onto other games until 1.0 is very much the answer.

The dev process is far from slow, but not all that the devs do is "customer facing" much of it is to the core engine.

I recommend popping in at a later date. The build is not at a stage for casual players although it is very playable to many.

Rgds

LoK

It's close to playable. But arma 3 with BP and Battle royale look like it'll give a bit more gameplay until the SA progresses. 

• Like 1

Only new thing i found so far is the P1 pistol ...

p1 was patched on 22th of april, not really "new".

it's the same patch, maybe the servers got an update removing rubberbanding or so - since they now upgraded the slots back to 50 per server.