SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Disagreed, clothing doesn't get dirty by itself. If it's in good condition and has been stuck in a cupboard for years, then aside from a bit of dust, it won't magically have stains or dirt on it. If it's worn however, some specific outdoor clothing could have dirt on it.

I think this is really going into too much detail. All that stuff has to be done. You kill a zed in melee? Add some blood splatters. You crawl on the dirt while it is raining? Big mud stain, you wash your clothes - remove mud, only 1/3 of the blood...come on guys, yes immersion is great, but even if such things were implemented, carrying all that data around, exchanging it through the server with other players, when they see you, .... that will not help the game and bloat the textures. Is that really worth it, even if it did not cost dev time? Maybe in 10 years, something like that is standard, but not now.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 3

I think this is really going into too much detail. All that stuff has to be done. You kill a zed in melee? Add some blood splatters. You crawl on the dirt while it is raining? Big Mud stain, you wash your clothes - remove mud, only 1/3 of the blood...come on guys, yes immersion is great, but even if such things were implemented, carrying all that data around, exchanging it through the server with other players, when they see you, .... that will not help the game but bloat the textures. Is that really worth it, even if it did not cost dev time? Maybe in 10 years, something like that is standard, but not now.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of adding features that aren't really a priority. But it was simply for the sake of the argument, that pristine clothes, as their name implies should remain pristine.

• Like 1

Hmmm, but I remember seeing GB, SE servers suggesting they are hosted in Great Britain and Sweden and so on? Keeping server costs at a minimum I can understand in a way when there's no real need for it but on the other hand, wouldn't really put a dent in all the millions they already made :)

Ah well, no biggie.

Hmmm... I remember this too... I guess they have to ask their economists for ressources, like most of us employees in IT.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of adding features that aren't really a priority. But it was simply for the sake of the argument, that pristine clothes, as their name implies should remain pristine.

It seem like a ELDER SCROLLS 4 VS ELDER SCROLLS 5. Or don't you think anything should have a DURABILITY?

Survival update where the hell you attttt ??? I'm sick of killing bandits and having no campfire to bring saved souls to( you know to dance and rejoice that we've made it through another bandity ordeal) ... We need campfires !!! And then when barricades come in ill have a refuge for lonely and down trodden survivors :) ..

• Like 2

Hello there

Remember to manage your expectations.

I dont know whats going to be in the new experimental but lets not get carried away by guesses. It could be thy are changing all the plug sockets, or replacing the Halon gas. We just dont know until that changelog hits.

Rgds

LoK

Could you explain exactly why we need to "manage our expectations" on a forum, in the section designed to discuss this subject? ...its not like people are going to riot over someone saying it might have a big city in it.

I dont get the need to constantly censor a persons guess as to what might be in the next patch? Its not like there is another section to discuss these things in. 

Disagreed, clothing doesn't get dirty by itself. If it's in good condition and has been stuck in a cupboard for years, then aside from a bit of dust, it won't magically have stains or dirt on it. If it's worn however, some specific outdoor clothing could have dirt on it.

I do agree with you about the cupboard part. but they are lying around on the ground. either way though, it would be cool if they could get dirty/bloody and then clean them. I could start the dayz laundry service

Could you explain exactly why we need to "manage our expectations" on a forum, in the section designed to discuss this subject? ...its not like people are going to riot over someone saying it might have a big city in it.

I dont get the need to constantly censor a persons guess as to what might be in the next patch? Its not like there is another section to discuss these things in. 

Hello there

I dont mind what you discuss, and im certainly not censoring you. I have no idea where you got that from. But every patch or release is often followed by "the devs promised xxxxx!!!11!" when actually it was just speculation.

I just want you guys not to keep your hopes low OR high so you dont get blown away or dissapointed.

Feel free to chat about what you'd like to see by all means.

If you wanna chat about free bars of gold with every update then go for it, I just want to remind folk that it is indeed just discussion.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

How dare they change their own plans without asking for our permission!!! I'm enraged!  :lol:

• Like 2

I think this is really going into too much detail. All that stuff has to be done. You kill a zed in melee? Add some blood splatters. You crawl on the dirt while it is raining? Big mud stain, you wash your clothes - remove mud, only 1/3 of the blood...come on guys, yes immersion is great, but even if such things were implemented, carrying all that data around, exchanging it through the server with other players, when they see you, .... that will not help the game and bloat the textures. Is that really worth it, even if it did not cost dev time? Maybe in 10 years, something like that is standard, but not now.

maybe when giga bit internet happens in us we can get better mmos but ya for now lol no

Survival update where the hell you attttt ??? I'm sick of killing bandits and having no campfire to bring saved souls to( you know to dance and rejoice that we've made it through another bandity ordeal) ... We need campfires !!! And then when barricades come in ill have a refuge for lonely and down trodden survivors :) ..

pretend to be weary survivor check

60 rounds per one cell - bug or a normal little trick?

If trick, why I can`t classify rounds without stanag? <_<

40589182_1167509_1167509.png

DAMN IT MAN! You just had to give out my little secret come on man. I have kept this one on the down low for like ever man for.like.ever.man! Now my perfect little world is over man you committed a massive genocide of all my hopes and dreams that lived on that world you sofa king iggit.  :P

DAMN IT MAN! You just had to give out my little secret...

It's not a secret when even I know it ;)

• Like 1

Now I'm really hyped for next patch.  Lumberjack business, police clothing, AKM, fireplaces....possibly some form of wild animals (maybe not in final state though).  Still, the next patch should have enough meat on its bones for us to feast upon! :D

DAMN IT MAN! You just had to give out my little secret come on man. I have kept this one on the down low for like ever man for.like.ever.man! Now my perfect little world is over man you committed a massive genocide of all my hopes and dreams that lived on that world you sofa king iggit.  :P

If I'm not mistaken, I used this @secret@ in January`2014 :D

• Like 1

Your secrets are belong to mine!

Also, dont keep secrets that are bugs in the gaje, report them on the feedback tracker like a proper alpha tester.

• Like 1

When campfires are introduced, are they going to change how dark it is at night? You literally can't see anything but the sky for most of it, there should be some low level light at least just so people can actually play at night without torches.

The moon should give people enough light to just barely see.

I don't really see the value to campfires if playing at night is almost pointless, hardly anyone else plays, campfire makes you a target and you can't see anything beyond the campfire so why sit for hours when you can go on a daylight server?

Actually do zombies appear less frequently at night? I don't see many but if they don't spawn, having low level light could make for some great battles without zombies. Then campfires could be great to lure people over but you should at least be able to see a shadow in the distance if they're moving.

• Like 1

campfires are for cooking, warmth & singalongs. and night is ok for me. I love running around with a lamp :-)

I like the idea but they're stupid if lots of people are playing at night, if I see three guys round a campfire I can just kill them all before they know where I am, if they're sitting down, before they even stand up.

I think if you're in the dark for a little while it should get brighter, to show your eyes adjusting to the light that would be awesome.

What would be better is a sleeping bag so you could find some hopefully empty house and sit around for the night, perhaps they could add in a status for sleep deprivation(they probably plan to)

Then you and your buddies could have a slumber party in a house with a lamp, campfires at night I think should be if you're desperate for warmth.

Sleep status' and ways to sleep would be great, leave a server while you're in a sleeping bag and then if you're playing the game over 8 hours later your character becomes well rested. With being well rested you can run longer and switching items in the hotbar is faster.

Sleeping bag in a house could be the ideal situation but other than that perhaps you could craft a blanket out of rags for sleeping in the rough and there could be a function that makes you lay in a sleeping position to rest, putting the game off initiates sleep and just sitting slowly recovers tiredness.

Imo that would be better campfires sound great but in practice I don't think they'll be that great only for drying yourself off.

agreed..

I think even pristine clothes should be at least dirty. unless you washed them in the river and dried them by your campfire

Pristine would be just that, pristine. ?

That would be "worn".. its a status we have for clothes. It makes them look slightly dirty. 

I like the idea but they're stupid if lots of people are playing at night, if I see three guys round a campfire I can just kill them all before they know where I am, if they're sitting down, before they even stand up.

I think if you're in the dark for a little while it should get brighter, to show your eyes adjusting to the light that would be awesome.

What would be better is a sleeping bag so you could find some hopefully empty house and sit around for the night, perhaps they could add in a status for sleep deprivation(they probably plan to)

Then you and your buddies could have a slumber party in a house with a lamp, campfires at night I think should be if you're desperate for warmth.

Sleep status' and ways to sleep would be great, leave a server while you're in a sleeping bag and then if you're playing the game over 8 hours later your character becomes well rested. With being well rested you can run longer and switching items in the hotbar is faster.

Sleeping bag in a house could be the ideal situation but other than that perhaps you could craft a blanket out of rags for sleeping in the rough and there could be a function that makes you lay in a sleeping position to rest, putting the game off initiates sleep and just sitting slowly recovers tiredness.

Imo that would be better campfires sound great but in practice I don't think they'll be that great only for drying yourself off.

Think in the long run and with some imagination.

I set up a fire and am cooking some meat at night, I may even leave a ruck sack out around it.  I am not gonna hang around, in fact I am kinda hoping someone comes along and tries to loot it, I then shoot them when I see them enter the fire lit area, especially if I try to speak with them and they fail to respond.  We will also need some field expedient alarm system to protect ourselves.

Sleeping bags would have to leave a sleeping body on the server.  Ever played Rust?  Sleepers get hacked to death and robbed all the time.  Until we can barricade ourselves in someplace this is not a good idea.

Eventually you will need to protect yourself from getting sick in this game, that is where the camp fire or stove or fire place is a money maker.  Again, though, need to be able to barricade ourselves.

Sleeping bags would have to leave a sleeping body on the server.  Ever played Rust?  Sleepers get hacked to death and robbed all the time.  Until we can barricade ourselves in someplace this is not a good idea.

Well no I was meaning that if you get in your sleeping bag and quit the game you go in to a sleep status so depending on how long you're away from the game you recover so many points of stamina. So you quit out and spawn in your sleeping bag as if you've been laying there sleeping the whole time even though you're probably in a different server.

Having to use a fire to dry your clothes is crap in my opinion, it's good as an option but you should just be able to take your coat off and wring it out so that it's not soaking, reducing it to damp status which should go away over time.

Camp fires should be the best at drying your clothes coupled with being the most risky option then squeezing the water out of your clothes manually is something everyone can do, but with your clothes being damp you still run the light risk of getting a cold or any other ailments getting worse.

I like that camp fires are going to be part of the world, adds some authenticity to survival but I don't think they should be required in order to survive, just be the quickest option.

They're much better for groups too on your own having to carry loads of logs would be a pain where you could have one guy carrying that stuff, medic, sniper and assault player in a group that is when they are best used.

I mean how many bits of wood do we need for a camp fire? Because one wouldn't cut it 3 or four bits should be necessary at the very lest, they stack up to like 6 don't they? (which is ridiculous anyway) so if they were very important wood is taking up a lot of your inventory.

Static camp fires that you maybe add one log too would be better I think, even riskier but still easier to use.

• Like 1

Your secrets are belong to mine!

Also, dont keep secrets that are bugs in the gaje, report them on the feedback tracker like a proper alpha tester.

Ya I did not and do not consider it a bug so no duh I didn't report it. I put 60 bullets in I should be able to take 60 bullets out it is just basic logic and science.

It does...weird right.