SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Yeah, I was expecting no M4 loot, but between 1 NEAF and 2x NWAF AF all I found were a buncha pistols and 2 sks. No AKM, no Mosin & only 1 UK Assault vest & 1 TTsKO pants. Seems quite low considering I made 3 visits & 2 of those were when no one else had been there.

I also noticed the tents spawn either none or 1-2 things now too, a lot less. Guess it's forcing peopel to go to more towns, which is what I ended up doing.

Good 8)

Finally got some cooked cow steaks :)

Made them directly on a camp fire after I got a server reset yesterday with a gas stove and a frying pan...

1. It takes forever to get from raw to cooked - i think longer than in real life, at least if you like rare, maybe even medium.

2. It went from cooked to burned really fast, way too fast. That was just ridiculous, after checking all the time and finally finding cooked steaks, I turned around, threw out a medpack to make room in my inventory, turned back around, and ... half of them already burned :(

3. burned steaks give you food poisioning :)

harvesting:

sticks from bushes: kitchen knife, a machete and splitting axe work, probably more

meat/pelt from cow (probably all animals): machete, kitchen knife - the state of the item is really important for how much meat you get (badly damaged machete: 18-30ish percent, worn knife: 40-50ish percent).

firewood: only tested a splitting axe.

Degrading of items: Cutting some steaks and a pelt from a cow does not degrade a knife in real life all that much, my knife went from worn to damaged with 2 cows. I know hunters that proudly use the hunting knifes of their forefathers, literally. My parents still use some knifes that are older than I am. I understand that knifes degrade when using them on cans, but even then you might bend it depending on the knife, or you would simply have to sharpen them again, if the knife is sturdy enough. Please let's not make this ridiculous.

The same applies to axes, I read here somewhere that an axe degraded after two trees. Same as above, the axe at my parents' is older than I am.

^Kind of agree with you there, but i'm more in the middle about it. I think they should make them dull/wear out after longer uses. Like 5-7 and at least make them repairable at some point.

• Like 1

^Kind of agree with you there, but i'm more in the middle about it. I think they should make them dull/wear out after longer uses. Like 5-7 and at least make them repairable at some point.

dull is no problem, if they include sharpening.

Ah HAH I knew it, this is all because the servers aren't running the 64 bit version yet I bet. That's probably what the rest of the servers are down for, waiting till the 64bit is ready.

*chuckles at "survivors" who only go to NEAF/NWAF for military loots*

Of course those areas are picked clean, especially on experimental. Gotta be more Wiley than that.

Edited by MarchHare

stuck in police station second floor in small room after logging out on High ping server on experimental. worst bug ever! make it so the door can open please!

1. AKM is a beast and is PERFECT in the current state.

Still no surpressed guns?

AKM is a beast.

Has anyone noticed battleye now kicks for using direct chat and screams about using group chat? It is also kicking people for having names too short. This is insane, how am I supposed to communicate if the game kicks me for talking!? What do I drop all my medical supplies and "save patients" by shooting them in the face?

Edited by bodybagger2430

I talked many times to people and did not get kicked.. so I think that may have been an isolated event for you.

I do however suffer from the random crashes and game disconnects. The crashes, rubberbanding, and disconnects all appear to be related to server performance as Ive had some varying experiences but last night on a fairly empty server with a 200 ping I had zero crashing, no rubberbanding and the game just ran smooth. Only the restart gave me a startle but I quickly realized what it was. The server was DayZ DE 0-4, and I am in Los Angeles with an average internet speed. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Here is the list:

-Animals

-Hunting

-Camp Fires

-New guns

-New cities
-Helicrashes

-What more?

ya battle eye has been kicking whole servers. 

Let me tell you, I was in a town by NW airfield with a friend of mine in a steam call, we ran into another player in a pub we were looking at and decided to bail and possibly try to kill him (We didn't want him stabbing us in the back later on). My friend got out and was standing by the stairs with a crossbow, I started rubber banding out of the roof with the other guy and wasn't going all too well. Then I finally get out and the guy inside is trying to get out still and we were backing away when we heard a guy yell friendly from about 30 feet away, had an sks but didn't have it out, we were allowed to walk over to him and started to talk when the guy in the pub finally made it out and started hitting my friend with a pitchfork, our new friend shot him since he was being aggressive and after a little talking we became best friends and ran together to NW.

I'm a shit story teller so that might have been difficult to read and put into a picture, so i'll just upload the video when I get time to edit it. I like the fact that he could have killed us but didn't and instead helped us, so there are some good people in the game, and i'm thankful for that.

As for NW being picked clean, late night on the UK experimental servers is the way my group does it, everyone sticks by the coast and NW and the military base south of it are always untouched the entire hour the servers are online, picked up a dozen AKM's a couple 75 round mags and the new vests they put in that has 12 slots, making out like bandits and heading east currently.

Here's the new vest I picked up
2014-05-23_00002_zps39a02dea.jpg

Me and my new friend after we killed 2 deer, the steaks were awesome!
2014-05-24_00003_zps54722765.jpg

Also on the way to NW I found this, I know nothing of the Russian language so I figured someone here could possibly translate?
2014-05-23_00004_zps37fe35f2.jpg

Overall i'm really enjoying the servers despite the rubber banding issues, it still is playable most of the time

I talked many times to people and did not get kicked.. so I think that may have been an isolated event for you.

I do however suffer from the random crashes and game disconnects. The crashes, rubberbanding, and disconnects all appear to be related to server performance as Ive had some varying experiences but last night on a fairly empty server with a 200 ping I had zero crashing, no rubberbanding and the game just ran smooth. Only the restart gave me a startle but I quickly realized what it was. The server was DayZ DE 0-4, and I am in Los Angeles with an average internet speed. 

I have had no problem with direct communications either but like you I am having random crashes or the game crashes as I log off.  I agree about the server connection and I have have also found that rubber banding is isolated to some small areas. My ping is also always below 30 so this for me is not a factor.

Also on the way to NW I found this, I know nothing of the Russian language so I figured someone here could possibly translate?

That sign is where that strange "piramid" thing was. I cant translate entire text but it says something like this: "Until 23.04.2014. in this place blabla blabla (Icant read this) ground.... signed Senchi"

Senchi is Arseny Smirnov, Dayz lead world designer, so he left small Easter egg

Id say tents will be a craft Item at somepoint ie canvas, rope, ash wood sticks etc which I hope is added rather than going to a shop and finding a tent, or camo army/hunting tents at crash sites rare item?

I know they will be adding player built buildings at some point but hidden tents dotted around the map would be great to add and help eliminate some of the banditing

You need the bandits, otherwise the game would be a dry boring predictable Zombie survival game. I would like to see tents and stuff to be able to be built from a similar method to Arma III's breaking point. You get a schematic for it and it tells you what you need, when you have them you right click schematic and select "Construct/Build" and the items including the schematics vanish after being used, that would be a really good method

dull is no problem, if they include sharpening.

They have. The other day I picked up some stones and dragged them along my Machette into my inventory and it gave me the option to sharpen it. :D

Will stop a lot of this KoS shit....

If loot gets more rare doesnt killing players get more rewarding? Not only the loot hes caryring but the pleasure knowing the time it took him to collect it.

Im liking it!

As one time there were 2 others playing with me and we all lost our chars at a server restart, I disagree here. Somehow there was no update of our chars to the hive, i guess. We were on that server for more than an hour... . If you want to write this in a netral way, you might want to say something like "take a 5 min break when switching servers" or the like instead of the using the word impatient ;). Either way, I don't think that was the problem.

A machete works, too. The option only came with the cow I killed after hitting it a few more times, maybe it was only unconscious, not dead, might be the same with the the deer... It was also a pain to find the right place on the cow to get the option. I think the sks bayonet is a little bugged, I was not able to open cans with it yesterday.

I know most ppl want it that way as you describe with the burried backpack, but there is nothing realistic about a single survivor hiding something, dying and a new survivor getting that information after 30 seconds respawn time telepathically. I only ever played SA, so I am a little worried about hoarders emptying servers and no new loot being generated, after all, there is enough on the server. Even if loot generation will not be a problem, I also like the fact of having to start over, I worry about ppl hoarding stuff to immediatelly gearing up and the life of your char becoming worthless that way. The game is then also reduced to all ppl running around geared up all the time. You should really want to survive. If you only loose the stuff you carry around and have several stashes of the same lying around everywhere on the server, I worry about how that will change ppl's gameplay, if they don't value their lives. But maybe I worry needlessly, as the current Berezino situation shows that those actually trying to stay alive for some time are a small minority. Maybe I wish for something that is already irrevocably gone...

I said one backpack - in one backpack you can put only the most basic of initial survive-ing -  so

• Like 1

Could someone enlighten me whether respawning loot is included in the current exp. build?

so this is how "some" berries look like

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281182770262754082/3BD43CCA0E6000F27F84CCCD01B03A7542342991/

see the fact no one knows if these are healthy or toxic... looks familiar to some bird-berries.

dude those berries already were on 0.44...

red berries are cool, just don't eat blue ones

• Like 1

Saw a pair of police pants today. But it appears they want the military pants and cargo shit to be the end all be all on storage. Which i really dont understand. Sorry didn't get a chance to take a pic but they appear to be only 4 slots like the starting jeans you get.

Not sure about the shirt or vest yet.

Edited by Deathlove