SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Until they actually add survival into the game, it's going to stay like that

yeah sadly i know. >.<

but there is still hope....

I had an awesome run last night on the Aussi hardcore server, teaming up with all kind of different people ...no guns ( a crossbow and a hunting riffle both without ammo) ..no camo clothing..just a bunch of survivors wearing schoolbags and swinging all kind of melee weapons ..we had good fun just searching for all the required stuff to create a campfire and even get some matches by trading with some other friendly survivors...

It all comes down to a very few simple things ...make military guns and ammo extremely rare and give players common threats and goals...

Its going to have to. No not even military almost ALL weapons have to be rare for this shit to stop. Ppl will be more worried about zeds and staving. 2017 set up up PERFECTLY in that entire aspect. Hunting for animals was your main priority over pvp. PVP was just a luxury at best.

yeah sadly i know. >.<

Its going to have to. No not even military almost ALL weapons have to be rare for this shit to stop. Ppl will be more worried about zeds and staving. 2017 set up up PERFECTLY in that entire aspect. Hunting for animals was your main priority over pvp. PVP was just a luxury at best.

Less Weapons = More Fists. 

There is no way to stop it. Ever.

Also please could you fix the bug where you drag a weapon of a body on your back and in pristine condition you can't shoot, i just died again because of it, i'm quite surprised the devs haven't picked up and tried to patch this, this is kind of a game breaking bug, all the deaths it causes in the middle of a firefight!

• Like 1

any Idea when this wil hit stable?
I've tryed working with exp. but because of all the rubber banding its almost impossible.
AND the biggest problem of all.. people.. yes.. people.. there's so freaking many of them! :\ xD

in normal life im a people person.. in dayz.. im not xD

• Like 2

You have to use your axe and then use your scroll wheel whilst looking directly at a tree, you don't just click down LMB and the tree falls, it's a scroll option.

That's the problem, scroll option does nothing but the animation.

I would like to see some ( atleast 2-3 ) Experimental servers where shooting is disabled. I know we won't be able to test those new weapons, but instead we could explore much much more. Exp servers are for bug testing and reporting isn't it? KOS and fear of KOS is not good for testing. I just hope some or atleast one of the devs will see this post and think about it.

Ofcourse it's just my opinion but I think some will agree with me. 

• Like 3

Zombies can also hit you through walls  when they're hitting thing air because the server hasn't registered that you're not standing where you previously where, even without desync, looks like yet another update that breaks more than it fixes.

I would like to see some ( atleast 2-3 ) Experimental servers where shooting is disabled. I know we won't be able to test those new weapons, but instead we could explore much much more. Exp servers are for bug testing and reporting isn't it? KOS and fear of KOS is not good for testing. I just hope some or atleast one of the devs will see this post and think about it.

Ofcourse it's just my opinion but I think some will agree with me. 

good idea they could test a PVE server

• Like 1

That's the problem, scroll option does nothing but the animation.

Just checked my last post aaaaand I forgot to write it. So you can actually use the axe to hit the tree? Now just like in real life, do it again, again, again, ... until the tree falls. I had to move away and back to the tree after every hit.

Just checked my last post aaaaand I forgot to write it. So you can actually use the axe to hit the tree? Now just like in real life, do it again, again, again, ... until the tree falls. I had to move away and back to the tree after every hit.

Yes. I haven't tried moving far away from the tree but four hits does nothing.

Goddamit, kiled a boar made a fire cooking aaaand session lost, spawned in, deer right in front of me, killed it, made a fire, dayz has stopped responding i think it doesnt want me to cook steak jeez

• Like 2

Anyone has tested fire extinguisher in exp? I found it as my first weapon, one shotted zombies with it and killed an aggressive player with 2 hits.

Edited by Aamunkajo

Zombies can also hit you through walls when they're hitting thing air because the server hasn't registered that you're not standing where you previously where, even without desync, looks like yet another update that breaks more than it fixes.

I haven't had that problem much at all because that's a rubberband issue , if you know how to avoid rubberbanding this shouldn't affect you ., also if people would stop running away from zombies and just punch them to death this wouldn't even happen , yes it is annoying to have to kill zombies especially if they spawn on you right after killing one but this is a zombie game right? Just gotta kill the zombies before moving on or else the rubberband gets ya .

But in my opinion me and my friend on my Internet connection never really rubberband for some reason ? I think our geometry is just fucking perfect .

Yes. I haven't tried moving far away from the tree but four hits does nothing.

Try 40, I think I needed more than 5 hits. The condition of your axe will probably influence that, too. If you don't get the thing down with 40, there probably is really a problem. Only four hits was definitely not enough for me.

Anyone able to find binos in exp?

Also i think they changed chernaya, they removed the garages behind fire station and replaced the white house next to the fire station with a red one.

Also i think they changed chernaya, they removed the garages behind fire station and replaced the white house next to the fire station with a red one.

They did change it. The devs (maybe senchi?) mentioned it needed some balancing time ago, so I guess they started with that.

I haven't found any binos yet, and I played on experimental for several hours in these days...people on reddit asked the same question.

I think they were removed from the loot table, maybe because they need to be fixed.

Less Weapons = More Fists. 

There is no way to stop it. Ever.

having people to use more melee weapons or theirs fists means giving the opponent a fair chance to fight back or to run away....having heavy armed assholes oall over the place means killing unarmed peple and freshspawns on sight without giving them any chance to survive...in most cases they die and do not even know where the shot came from...

• Like 1

they replaced a few garages on the map with the new red brick building ...

having people to use more melee weapons or theirs fists means giving the opponent a fair chance to fight back or to run away....having heavy armed assholes oall over the place means killing unarmed peple and freshspawns on sight without giving them any chance to survive...in most cases they die and do not even know where the shot came from...

I almost always know where I got killed from, only died twice without knowing from where. One time a friend saw it, so that makes one... . There were two or three cases, where I had to check my game recording, but I found out where I was killed from. See the thread I created just this night: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197577-are-snipers-the-most-harmless-thing-in-dayz/

If you die too often and don't know where you got shot from, maybe - not accusing, but maybe - you need to be more careful. Or you are unlucky. Or it's simply where you play. Running around the police station in Berezino will result quite often in a simple "You are dead" message. But if you do that, you actively take part in the chaotic craziness of berezino, so chaotic craziness you shall reap :).

It's ridiculous how easily bambis can overpower geared up players. Fending of a zig-zagging bambi sprinting at you and your mosin is not that easy, it should be a piece of cake just shooting from the hip. Maybe the running speed will be slowed down some time. A really interesting thing would be introducing a movement penalty when changing directions. You know, running in full speed, changing direction by slowing down and accellerating in the new direction. It's currently zig zaggin like in unreal tournament 99 while sprinting. At the same time other aspects of movement, melee and the inventory management are not that responsive to say the least. And wearing a motorcycle helmet is just not classy. And then there are those that think the current rifle lag when aiming is too low - somehow all that does not fit together for me. I'm sure there will be a balancing there in the future, but it will not please everyone.

EDIT: And "having heavy armed assholes oall over the place" - come on, the biggest a**holes are by far bambis with nothing to loose. They are like rabid animals...

Edited by bautschi

Yep, exactly.

And in case of a sniper, one probably doesn't even know why the screen just turned black, not even hearing the shot.

However this only happened once to me, so not sure if was a bug or whatever.

Edited by Ken Bean

Yep, exactly.

And in case of a sniper, one probably doesn't even know why the screen just turned black, not even hearing the shot.

However this only happened once to me, so not sure if was a bug or whatever.

Happened to me on the roof of a school, checked seconds before going up the ladder and after my death: I was alone on the server. Just stood on the roof for a few seconds aaaand: dead.  A mistery.

Edited by bautschi

any Idea when this wil hit stable?

I've tryed working with exp. but because of all the rubber banding its almost impossible.

AND the biggest problem of all.. people.. yes.. people.. there's so freaking many of them! :\ xD

in normal life im a people person.. in dayz.. im not xD

In the last devblog they said we should expect 1 patch (stable) per month so if its possible they will probably release it this week (wednesday morning)

I haven't had that problem much at all because that's a rubberband issue , if you know how to avoid rubberbanding this shouldn't affect you ., also if people would stop running away from zombies and just punch them to death this wouldn't even happen , yes it is annoying to have to kill zombies especially if they spawn on you right after killing one but this is a zombie game right? Just gotta kill the zombies before moving on or else the rubberband gets ya .

But in my opinion me and my friend on my Internet connection never really rubberband for some reason ? I think our geometry is just fucking perfect .

it won't be my broadband 100%. 67MBps download, 17MBps upload with average pings of 13-16.

I think I've seen some loot that respawned, the only reason I say this is because I was on a server in berezino , died by a glitch and ran back to berezino .. Before that I noticed the police station was cleared out completely in the jail cell , when I returned about an hour after my unfair death I noticed there was floating loot in the police station jail cell ... Is the loot respawning in the air or something ?

I almost always know where I got killed from, only died twice without knowing from where. One time a friend saw it, so that makes one... . There were two or three cases, where I had to check my game recording, but I found out where I was killed from. See the thread I created just this night: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197577-are-snipers-the-most-harmless-thing-in-dayz/

If you die too often and don't know where you got shot from, maybe - not accusing, but maybe - you need to be more careful. Or you are unlucky. Or it's simply where you play. Running around the police station in Berezino will result quite often in a simple "You are dead" message. But if you do that, you actively take part in the chaotic craziness of berezino, so chaotic craziness you shall reap :).

It's ridiculous how easily bambis can overpower geared up players. Fending of a zig-zagging bambi sprinting at you and your mosin is not that easy, it should be a piece of cake just shooting from the hip. Maybe the running speed will be slowed down some time. A really interesting thing would be introducing a movement penalty when changing directions. You know, running in full speed, changing direction by slowing down and accellerating in the new direction. It's currently zig zaggin like in unreal tournament 99 while sprinting. At the same time other aspects of movement, melee and the inventory management are not that responsive to say the least. And wearing a motorcycle helmet is just not classy. And then there are those that think the current rifle lag when aiming is too low - somehow all that does not fit together for me. I'm sure there will be a balancing there in the future, but it will not please everyone.

EDIT: And "having heavy armed assholes oall over the place" - come on, the biggest a**holes are by far bambis with nothing to loose. They are like rabid animals...

By heavy armed assholes I mean players looting military bases on low pop servers and then killing fresh spawns ( I never use the term  "Bambi")  and badly armed players on packed servers in the evening...most of the time for no reason.Same players that are moaning about spawn points being too far away from Balota and nagging for vehicles....

I am pretty sure we would not see that type of player that much if military loot would be more rare...I think the devs are on the right track here though ( spawning M4s at heli crash sites only for example)

• Like 1