SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

I think that's what its ment to be like in an apocalipse. Impossible. 

Loving the patch. Not at all perfect but a good step in the right direction.

Edited by Zarniwoop

I couldn't agree more with N7292 on the first page. 

Sure the zeds have loads of issues but the whole difficulty thing is deffinately a step in the right direction. 

Don't listen to the easy goers. Make this game hard. Don't give in and don't make them easy. IMO they shouldn't be made easier again even on the pretext that they are broken with difficulty upped again later. 

Edited by Zarniwoop

Dayz team is really idiotic for thinking that they should change all kinds of shit about zombies except the collision problems first.   How the fuck can we accurately give them feedback about zombie changes if they still are completely fucking broken?   

Jesus its so fucking simple.

Priority 1.   Fix zombie clipping.

Priority 2.   Make zombie animations to push open doors or climb stairs.

priority 3.     Create a realistic looking way zombies can spawn if you are refusing to spawn all at beginning of server.

Thats the way they can improve.... Not fuck up..... The game.

Priority 1.   Fix zombie clipping/priority 2

This will take quite a while.

Make it hard now I say, so that people don't get used to the easiness.

When zombies stop clipping through walls and are able to path on par with AI from 15+ year old titles I'll give a "reasonable" critique...  As they are now, they are so broken it's hard to take any of it seriously...  The increased bleed rates and their run speed is a step in the right direction though.

• Like 1

If you think about it the zombies should be faster than someone who is loaded up with 2 weapons a and full backpack etc

They are psychotic, cannibalistic infected humans who want to rip you apart and eat you - of course they will be fast.  These are not reanimated corpses we are running from.

Rocket talked about a zombie life cycle - possibly the life cycle of the zombie will determine its speed.  I hope so, i also miss the crawlers and hoppers.

Agreed.. Crazed zeds should be VERY aggressive and insanely fast IMO.. and really like how the zeds are acting with a quickness to them now. Wouldn't mind having a way to "Stun" the Zeds tho. Like a swift baseball wack to the skull melon, dazing the zeds temporarily and slowly them down for a short time, then they regain their composure and go all out to some insane velocity, trying to rip apart your face, again.

But anywho, some kind of way to Stun the Zeds would be a nice thought, for means of managing more time for a timely escape. Or just to give you more time to blow the zeds head off. Either way you wanna go about it.

Agreed.. Crazed zeds should be VERY aggressive and insanely fast IMO.. and really like how the zeds are acting with a quickness to them now. Wouldn't mind having a way to "Stun" the Zeds tho. Like a swift baseball wack to the skull melon, dazing the zeds temporarily and slowly them down for a short time, then they regain their composure and go all out to some insane velocity, trying to rip apart your face, again.

But anywho, some kind of way to Stun the Zeds would be a nice thought, for means of managing more time for a timely escape. Or just to give you more time to blow the zeds head off. Either way you wanna go about it.

In the mod, I used to kneecap them and just let them crawl about.

Sure, shooting a Z in the head gets rid of them, kneecapping them makes them manageable.

• Like 1

It's nice to see zombies being a slight challenge for once, but the jumping attack is a pain in the ass really.

Not to mention the rate that they make you bleed. Every other hit pretty much.

I haven't played the patch mch but I really haven't had an issue with te zombies at all. I've meleed them all to death and haven't had an issue of them spawning back in coming at me. Using a gun is probably a different story but I haven't been on enough to even find ammo for my gun yet.

The ones that have come after me I just ran up stairs, walked around for a minute and came back down and bolted, they glitch through walls but it tends to take a minute for them to get out of houses anyway and extra time to get away

Personally, I am a big fan of the zombies post-patch.

While they are considerably more difficult, I believe that long-term they will make the game more interesting and more of a challenge.  I am significantly more wary of fights now that these zombies are running around, and as they are much easier to handle with a group, it encourages working together.

However, this level of zombie difficulty should be preceded by fixing their ability to walk through walls and altering their agro settings.  Currently they agro from ridiculous distances and in ridiculous places.  Fix that and their ability to walk through walls and you have something worth working with.  

The animations make them difficult to headshot which I think is good. I think that they should be more resistant to bullet damage from the 9mm, .45acp, .357 and 5.56 rounds.  A 2-3 shot kill to the body from these calibers would move gun selection away from what is simply best to kill players with.

Just my 2 cents. Overall, +1 for the new zombies, but some aspects still need work.

• Like 1

I must prepare the zeds as they are now as it adds another element to the game. Although they are more challenging, you can still deal with them quite easily if you have a decent melee weapon. I also genuinely think it will lead to a better interaction experience and stop the KOS mentality in certain situations.

I was running out of cherno with an entourage following me and came across another survivor with his own pack of zeds in chase which forced us to work together to get out of the predicament we where in.

I have around 50 hrs in the game upto now so I'm still a newbie but it lead to the best player interaction I have had to date.

In my opinion there should be more zombies eaven you can put 500 zeds in town or AF but when i kill them ALL dont make them respawn untill server restart FFS

I like ythe stronger, faster zeds but s many others have said, I would enjoy it more if they went agro a bit less easily so we could stealth past them and when they are killed a bit of a respawn delay would be nice, say 90 seconds?

The new axe hit mechanics are a bit of a pain in the ass. I enjoyed it the way it was.

I like that they are faster and more threatening now. I don't like that they swarm even if you axe them silently, and more importantly, that there is no proximity logic to their spawn. They should not be spawning literally arms length away.

It'll be interesting to see how the server hoppers cope with the new zeds when fire axe spawn rates drop and they're forced to resort to 2+ hit to kill weapons. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about all of the tears.

Anyone else remember when 1.7 landed in the mod? So much rage :)

was that the Infection patch? if something like the 1.7 or 1.8 infection hits SA but with the new zeds, everybody better start packing antis :))) stashes would be also nice in that case. I m sure zed spawning mechanism is under tuning now, but until then, circle them around, never stop, always try to be sideways. sometimes if I have a lower damage melee, I m swinging and moving nonstop, correcting my position while swinging, this way almost every swing is a hit, with a little luck and calm maybe get the head, shorten their sufferance :P sprinting is ok, spawning, glitching and detection should be worked on. after that, increase the numbers and we re there, bambis.

New zeds are ok, but once you kill them they should respawn out of town where killed and not in front of you or behind you. And when you kill them them the second time they should rewspawn to woods that surround that town and slowly walk back to town. So you could be able to clean town of zeds for some time to recover and rest. But town wouldnt be clear forever as they will slowely come back.

Also, aggroing system need polishing. Zeds in mod were better, you could know when they will see or hear you. Now there is no rule for that, sometimes they just stand and wait to be killed and sometimes they see you from 300 m. 

And fix the dammage detection!! They hit when they fall dead or they hit you from few meters away - irritating!!

And last thing, I wish zeds dont desapear, Best thing for me was to stack piles of zeds so I could count the kills, but that is to be done when game is finished.

Edited by igor-vk

they are a threat now. good! and they are scary. good! and they're fast. good! they can climb stairs. awesome! all fun stuff

but!

they can see you and start running from 20 miles away. not good! you chop one down and turn the corner of a building and there it is again 10 seconds later. not good! you're on the second floor, in a room, alone, and they attack from below. not good. they can see through walls. not good.

I like the idea someone mentioned about them spawning out in the country side and wandering towards towns.

I was in the middle of a field.. finally stopped to fight the two that we're following me.. right after they died one more popped up instantly within spitting distance.. kills the game for me.

it should be hard and should be scary.. but it's overkill now. a nice balance would be perfect.

so, I play dayz almost everyday, and notice almost any change whether in the patch notes or not. So this latest patch to STABLE build, it seems that certain types of zombies have the crazy ability to run insanely fast at you at unreal speeds. Usually they would run fast slow down now they just sprint full speed at you. Not complaining iknow its an alpha and AM willing to play with the game the way it is, but I wanted to see if other people thought this way.

I could say "Alpha" like every other brainless idiot, but that will do nothing.

Instead I will say this

Sticky Threads

I'm a bigger fan of the old zombies (they could be more numerous though). The new ones are just a tad too fast, especially when they can clip through walls and aggro you from absolutely ridiculous distances. At that point they're a severe annoyance. Personally I'm more scared of lagging out and dying to zombies that spawn near me while being disconnected than I am of other players. The zombie behavior is completely fine by me, but their new spawn mechanics, the death by mauling while logging out in what the player believes to be a safe place, the clipping, and the aggro are the things that make them very unfun.

If the connection suddenly starts to give up and you aren't in the absolute perfect spot to logout, there goes your character because now you're sitting down next to a grassy knoll for 30 seconds because the game thinks that heavy desync or lag = you're a dirty dirty combat logger and should be killed by zombies, booted to the server list, have your house burned down and then get a login timer that takes 150 seconds to bring you to a "You are dead." screen. Then another 30 seconds to spawn. +10 more seconds as you stare in disbelief at the death screen. So all in all it would take you over 200 seconds to die via zombies. It's an issue.

I LOVE THE NEW ZOMBIES!

I LOVE THE RESPAWN!

I LOVE THAT THEY SPAWN IN STRUCTURES!

Such joy when you open a door and a zed is jumping you and tries to claw of your face.

Shock moment - frantic melee (and if you complain that you cannot melee with your axe because you hit the walls...boo f'in hoo maybe get better at it instead of whining)

The game is so much more fun now - I never had so much fun looting.

zombie-finish-line-1000x570.jpg

what? the zeds are super lazy mofos. they go all like "aawwww shit forget about it" after you run away from them for 5 seconds

• Like 1

Guys, you need to chew on this before you decide:

Current zombies are not zombies really, they do NOT transmit a zombie virus onto a player. This is why you do not feel the threat of a slow walking pack, or from individual zeds that pop out of nowhere.

Imagine if a single bite or a scratch could infect you unless you immediately amputated limb that was bitten. Imagine if a clan member that you're traveling with suddenly jumped on you to chew on your ear because he was infected without knowing it...

Rocket and the rest of devs must to go back to the basics of this genre if they want to deliver an awesome zombie game and I really wish they do find the inspiration and new energy needed for the job.

zombie-block-party-greets-the-ds-and-col

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 3