SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

this recent patch is amazing! first they make them game unplayable due to servers disconnecting/desyncing, now they completely fuck up the zombie spawns. honestly i had high hopes for this game, but if this is the type of shit they are spending their time on? making zombies spawn 50-100meters away from players NONSTOP? i mean seriously, pvp is a joke when ur constantly being hit in the back by zombies and have to pull out your axe to kill them off, only to have them RESPAWN ONTOP OF YOU 20 seconds later!!! get your shit together dayz devs and do something constrcutive with your time, like fixing this game, not making it worse

• Like 2

the new zombie spawns are a fucking joke! trying to pvp with 2 friends today, and we are constantly being attacked by zombies, so we get out axe, kill them off, guess what! 15 seconds later 2-3 more zombies right ontop of us. DEVS please stop fucking this game up worse than it already is. PLEASE

If only I could remove any beans you have... if only.  It is a game about zombies... LOL "Please remove the zombies from a zombie game" <--- serious? 

Nah, I believe you troll... seriously.  It is that bad of a troll that it is easily detected... because how can it not be a troll?

• Like 3

I can snipe well enough without zeds spawning on me. You're too close to them. I've had some aggro me from far away and spawn in fields in front of me, but they always seem to deaggro since I'm so far away.

Obvious solution is obvious.

Than i see no purpose in guns if this is going to be a constant issue due to magic respawn.

• Like 2

this recent patch is amazing! first they make them game unplayable due to servers disconnecting/desyncing, now they completely fuck up the zombie spawns. honestly i had high hopes for this game, but if this is the type of shit they are spending their time on? making zombies spawn 50-100meters away from players NONSTOP? i mean seriously, pvp is a joke when ur constantly being hit in the back by zombies and have to pull out your axe to kill them off, only to have them RESPAWN ONTOP OF YOU 20 seconds later!!! get your shit together dayz devs and do something constrcutive with your time, like fixing this game, not making it worse

Heaven forbid you have to deal with zombies while you are PvPing! 

Yes the mechanics are still broken but i think this is giving you a taste on what is to come - this is far from the complete feature in regards to zombies, i would imagine in the future the zombies dont spawn on top of you, but there will be more zombies to deal with.  Fire a weapon near a town, expect a lot of Zed activity to come your way.

Once the aggro from 400m away and the ability to walk through walls is fixed stealth could be back!

• Like 2

Well I got to say, hearing footsteps behind me while being unable to spot anyone, and then the next thing I see is a zombie jumping off a roof of a nearby house is quite scary. Good thing it died instantly.

Oh and running downhill and watching 5 aggroed zombies trip and fall to their death is hilarious :)

• Like 2

Can you please stop spamming every thread I see with this?  I will start reporting it soon because it is really irritating.  The entire damn game is centered around a zombie apocalypse and you want only one thread dedicated to "Official Zombie discussion"??? Can you see why people are going to get upset and start flagging your post? 

No, I am not going to read an Official Zombie discussion thread - this forum is an official forum for discussing a game based around zombies... no need for an official thread when we have an official forum.

Lol, report me.. Look at my posts in my profile. I have NEVER posted that before. This was the first time I've EVER referred anyone to another topic when they made a dup.

If I heard a gunshot I wouldn't know exactly where it came from. Yet zombies have Black Ops' target finder and radar with Superman's laser vision.. They are supposed to be stupid and half dead! Not like supersoldiers who took too much amphetamines. I can accept that respawning zombie know your location when you shoot them, and even that they respawn next to you, but with this stupid 1hit = bleeding, 1 hit = clothes and stuff inside ruined, zombies running faster than you so you can't escape, no that's not playable. If you make them spawn, then make them slower. If you make them faster, then don't make them spawn!

Edited by Karakoz

Okdoki the respawn distance is crap but i love the speed of those zeds

Two guns are no longer an Option.

New modifications on zombies are rather silly. I had one aggro me at the NW airport and it FOLLOWED me all the way to the military base just to the south. I was in turbo the entire way. Not even LOS broke aggro. I killed it as I was tired of the growling and 3 spawned. The only way to lose aggro is to literally log out.

1. They run too fast. Should they be able to run as fast as a player in turbo mode?

2. Aggro from too far away even when stealthing. Seems the devs gave them the ESP hack......(sarcasm)

3. No way of breaking aggro in a reasonable fashion.

4. They spawn way to quick and next to a player proximity.

5. Zombies now have the magically ability to hit the player from 50 yards away.

6. I also noticed that when having zombies chase the player, he/she is "warped back" to the zombie. I have had this happen to me a dozen times and got plummelled each time.

One positive benefit to this change is the bandits are too busy from the "enhanced" zombies as well. The one change I do like is that the player will bleed more often once struck by a zombie but it should not be on the first hit. I would think that the condition of the gear being worn by the player should have a factor in the bleed.

That is my 2 cents..

• Like 2

Okdoki the respawn distance is crap but i love the speed of those zeds

Two guns are no longer an Option.

Actually they still are and still can be. All the developers have to do is code in a SIMPLE gun strap for an extra gun. Youd run slower but at least you would be able to keep both without loosing it on a restart.

i´m playing sinde 3 days, spawned 30 times, everytime it goes so:

-spawn at east coast, 50m near a zombie
-try to sneak away, not working, run for 3 kilometers till an village is arrived
-look for some interesting locations for looting, try to sneak and don´t make to much noise --> not working, any zombie from anywhere (i didn´t see him before) comes straight to me --> forced to run
-if happy, i can search some houses for loot, found nothing useful, no fireaxe nothing......
-next zombie chase me, coming from nowhere, force me to run
-if absolutely lucky, i find a bit of equip, a weapon and so on, fight in melee with zombies, axing 2 down, next one comes from 1km+++ straight to me, bleed again, get out of bandages, need to run, find nothing --> dead -->2h playtime for absolute NO FUN

think this is the right way? i don´t think so, but to be honest:

-YES, Zombies SHOULD be a Threat and aggressive
-YES, they should chase you and you should everytime be scared of Zombies
-NO, they should not instant respawn in a radius of 500m of the player (maybe 2 Minutes later in a radius of 2km)
-NO, they should not have "Radar included", their aggro should depend on the Noise you make, or how good to see you are
-NO, they should not chase you endlessly, if you manage to LOS them for more than 10 seconds, they should give up......

Actually, it sucks, get rid of spawn, play 2 hours just to get a bit of equip and die to "Super Zombies".......get rid of running hundreds of kilometers without a chance to look for loot, get rid everytime i try to look 3 seconds for loot forced to run.......

don´t understand how anyone can "love this" or find this "challenging"....... thats not the way how to make Zombies a Threat........

Maybe, for experienced players who always login at air fields and police stations multiple ways while changing servers, or something like this, they are not an issue, but for unexperienced players they are.....

I have no chance to sneak, i will every time spotted by them and forced to run for kilometers, without the chance to get any good equip or to survive, cause i have no food, no drink, no weapons nothing.........

Edited by Idiian
  • Like 1

What is amazing is that so many people actually manage to get hit by the zombies. Sure, they are fast now, you can still just keep running until they slow down. Get your axe up, you see them charge, just anticipate when to hit and you'll hit it instantly upon its arrival.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't love it, I hate it. They ruined my clothes and the stuff inside 4 times in one hit! How is that challenging? Zombies shouldnt' be allowed to damage stuff, that would be a big improvement.

Those noobs who say that you can "keep running until they slow down" should play the game again. Many zombies run faster than you even when you are sprinting, they don't always give up. And you can't engage zombies in melee without getting hit sometimes, because some of them jump, because of lag, because of desync, and because of the new stupid melee animations, because you don't even have the time to take your axe before they are on you.

Edited by Karakoz

Yeah, I can't love it, I hate it. They ruined my clothes and the stuff inside 4 times in one hit! How is that challenging? Zombies shouldnt' be allowed to damage stuff, that would be a big improvement.

Those noobs who say that you can "keep running until they slow down" should play the game again. Many zombies run faster than you even when you are sprinting, they don't always give up. And you can't engage zombies in melee without getting hit sometimes, because some of them jump, because of lag, because of desync, and because of the new stupid melee animations, because you don't even have the time to take your axe before they are on you.

Maybe you're the noob here? Play smart. Do you enter villages/cities without your weapon ready, you're doing it wrong. I never get hit. Infact, and if you want, I can make a video and a step-by-step tutorial for you how to kill a zombie.

Stupid melee animations and bad hit detection is a common topic of whine. The hit detection isn't based on that little dot so called crosshair, it's rather where your blade of the axes swings. Study how the axe works and where it lands when you swing, then you'll see that the zombies are easy as hell.

• Like 2

Z's are too fast and respawn too close.  as of today I feel this game is unplayable.  It was bad enough when all i had to worry about were KOS jerks, now we have z's that leap 15M through walls...

• Like 1

If you think about it the zombies should be faster than someone who is loaded up with 2 weapons a and full backpack etc

They are psychotic, cannibalistic infected humans who want to rip you apart and eat you - of course they will be fast.  These are not reanimated corpses we are running from.

Rocket talked about a zombie life cycle - possibly the life cycle of the zombie will determine its speed.  I hope so, i also miss the crawlers and hoppers.

• Like 9

zeds are a hella lot more interesting.

it's getting to the point where you actually might have to use your gun on them instead of players.

What I don't like is the fact that they hit you once and then move to the otherside out of your view.

• Like 2

If you think about it the zombies should be faster than someone who is loaded up with 2 weapons a and full backpack etc

They are psychotic, cannibalistic infected humans who want to rip you apart and eat you - of course they will be fast.  These are not reanimated corpses we are running from.

Rocket talked about a zombie life cycle - possibly the life cycle of the zombie will determine its speed.  I hope so, i also miss the crawlers and hoppers.

In the Vodou religion, zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi) is an animated corpse raised by magical means, such as witchcraft

As fictional undead creatures, zombies are regularly encountered in horror and fantasy themed works. They are typically depicted as mindless, reanimated corpses with a hunger for human flesh, and particularly for human brains in some depictions.

It has to die as a human in order to rise a zombie.

Running and spawning out of thin air are just a lazy way out of coding proper zombies and proper herds.

• Like 1

I like the new zombie speeds it makes it a bit of a challenge but i dont like the way the animations dont match the speed of the zombies it looks a bit wrong, and also when they jump at you while running they jump about 5 m and that doesn't seem right at all.

i also noticed that if i die and respawn on the same server and get back to my body that i cant access my gear in my body, its even worse when you die because of zombies walking through walls or the bug where you go to get on a ladder and it makes your character sprint (usually off a roof)

i´m playing sinde 3 days, spawned 30 times, everytime it goes so:

-spawn at east coast, 50m near a zombie

-try to sneak away, not working, run for 3 kilometers till an village is arrived

-look for some interesting locations for looting, try to sneak and don´t make to much noise --> not working, any zombie from anywhere (i didn´t see him before) comes straight to me --> forced to run

-if happy, i can search some houses for loot, found nothing useful, no fireaxe nothing......

-next zombie chase me, coming from nowhere, force me to run

-if absolutely lucky, i find a bit of equip, a weapon and so on, fight in melee with zombies, axing 2 down, next one comes from 1km+++ straight to me, bleed again, get out of bandages, need to run, find nothing --> dead -->2h playtime for absolute NO FUN

think this is the right way? i don´t think so, but to be honest:

-YES, Zombies SHOULD be a Threat and aggressive

-YES, they should chase you and you should everytime be scared of Zombies

-NO, they should not instant respawn in a radius of 500m of the player (maybe 2 Minutes later in a radius of 2km)

-NO, they should not have "Radar included", their aggro should depend on the Noise you make, or how good to see you are

-NO, they should not chase you endlessly, if you manage to LOS them for more than 10 seconds, they should give up......

Actually, it sucks, get rid of spawn, play 2 hours just to get a bit of equip and die to "Super Zombies".......get rid of running hundreds of kilometers without a chance to look for loot, get rid everytime i try to look 3 seconds for loot forced to run.......

don´t understand how anyone can "love this" or find this "challenging"....... thats not the way how to make Zombies a Threat........

Maybe, for experienced players who always login at air fields and police stations multiple ways while changing servers, or something like this, they are not an issue, but for unexperienced players they are.....

I have no chance to sneak, i will every time spotted by them and forced to run for kilometers, without the chance to get any good equip or to survive, cause i have no food, no drink, no weapons nothing.........

I would just like to say this is not true at all, i understand how you are finding it hard i did when i first started playing the mod too, but today i have died 3 times and managed to get good gear again everytime you just need to learn the basics of the game and that might take a long time but you will love the game when you learn it. i suggest watching some videos on youtube and learning how other people play.

Best of luck to you.

:thumbsup:

A lot of people complain about the respawning. It is there as a placeholder as they have stated many times.

Surprisingly hard to load test the effect of zombies on a server if they are all gone 10 minutes after it starts up.

• Like 1

A lot of people complain about the respawning. It is there as a placeholder as they have stated many times.

Surprisingly hard to load test the effect of zombies on a server if they are all gone 10 minutes after it starts up.

Shhhh, you'll confuse the simple people.

• Like 2

Can we get rid of the respawn? I kinda think it is silly. My game freezes for a second as more zombies "pop" in. Not to mention, although I do like that its a Zombie survival game now and not a FPS PvP shooter, myself and three others expended abot 300 rounds of ammunition and a list of medical supplies just making our way through the first 1/4 of Svetlo. We never made it through. I like the fast zombies, it makes a challenge. But when they pop back in, its kind of annoying. We all got off afterwards.

This patch is 50/50 for me. Great performance on my end, but holy crap its impossible to loot, and thats without even bringing in the constant clipping problem.

I like the new zombies, its good they are a threat.  When they were slow you could walk backwards and just keep shooting, now you have to shoot a few rounds, turn and sprint, turn back and shoot some more.The spawning mechanic desperately needs to be tweaked though.  Ive had them spawn right in front of me, which is bad, and the auto-aggro instant respawn is worse.  When they respawn they will head straight back to where you were when you killed them, stop, look around, then run for you if they see you.  They will sometimes do this even when killed with an axe, but always seem to if you use a gun, even a supressed one.  Its silly to have zeds keep running at you and you keep shooting them dead, all the while you can see 1 or 2 just standing there ignoring you because they are out of hearing range and arent looking in your direction.  And whats with the occasional zed standing there attacking a wall or the ground, swinging away at nothing and ignoring you even if you walk by right next to it? Some zed spawns are just wierd, seen a few chilling on rooftops that have no ladder access.  Aggro range is still bad, they can lock on to you even before you can see them. A few times ive seen a zed in the distance, did the zoom in thing to get a better look. Cool, he's just standing there, but as im looking i can see another one materialize from a tiny dot and getting bigger as he is running for me.  Zombie hordes are awesome, but if theres a horde it needs to be there from the get go, killing 50 zombies at a time is epic if you can survive, but killing 50 zombies 2 or 3 at a time as you stand in one spot is just silly.