SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

First, zombies shouldn't respawn instantly but around half an hour later

second, they are too fast now

third, they still glitch thru everything

fourth, they should have different attacks (for example biting)

Yes they are fast, however you can outrun them by putting your fists up ( turbo mode). When you get to a point they will slow down and then just stop. I know it can be very annoying to a point, your so far out of the city/town the time you get to the next one. You might have the same problem, when trying to get into a building looking for food/drinks/guns etc

I think people are forgetting the zombies were even faster in the mod

and they were even faster in the beginning

I never played the mod, so cant tell on that :(

I think its great, they are more of a threat now than an annoyance.

the only problem i have now is that the zombies won't die?

is anyone else experiencing this problem?

HELP!

Love the new zombies, though they are still not a challenge.

Try Bambi-spawning in a new sever with a dozen of the Running Dead on your tail, and not letting you stop for anything?

• Like 1

I think its great, they are more of a threat now than an annoyance.

the only problem i have now is that the zombies won't die?

is anyone else experiencing this problem?

HELP!

#1 try to control yourself when aiming

#2 use a pitchfork, I've used one to kill many zeds, it only takes 2 hits, but try not to get overrun ( tried to take 4 on at once, did not end well)

EDIT: Pitchfork/most melee weapons are crap, don't bother, just run

Edited by The Lone Survivor

#1 try to control yourself when aiming

#2 use a pitchfork, I've used one to kill many zeds, it only takes 2 hits, but try not to get overrun ( tried to take 4 on at once, did not end well)

Thanks man!

I am normally very tactical, maybe i'll re think the machete

My Opinion is here! 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181549-zombies-not-dying-since-i-updated-22032014-what-is-your-opinion-on-the-speed-of-zombies-being-increased/

Love the new speed of the zombies...nice work!

• Like 1

Here is some feedback.

Remove the zombies completely, stop wasting server resources and dev resources trying to fix a gimmick that will always remain janky.

Focus on survival aspects such as better hunting, scavenging.

With the lack of zombies in place increase the player count dramatically.

No point in wasting time making zombies feel right when at the end of the day they will always remain janky everyone knows this.

Step in the right direction, absolutely. I think people forget they can simply run.. train the zombies around walls and LOS them. They still don't catch up to you even now at full sprint so I don't see how people die to them. Just run away?

Try Bambi-spawning in a new sever with a dozen of the Running Dead on your tail, and not letting you stop for anything?

Just did, Still easy.

• Like 2

Here is some feedback.

Remove the zombies completely, stop wasting server resources and dev resources trying to fix a gimmick that will always remain janky.

No point in wasting time making zombies feel right when at the end of the day they will always remain janky everyone knows this.

Go take your depression pills. Also, what would you be trying to survive from? If, there are no zombies?

Edited by Dontstealmycheese

Zombies are perfect right now, however, I would decrease their speed by 5% when sprint...........just 5%

Here is some feedback.

Really? Erm the game name is "DayZ". If DayZ removed the zombie, then it wouldn't be DayZ, it would be DayC aka Day Camper, for people to wait and kill each other or just be a bigger death match in eletro as it is already! Dont want to do a RUST moment, have Zombies at the start and then only to remove them. Plus you remember that, background story to DayZ? Big hint there and its in the title!

Edited by w00kie
  • Like 1

You lost me at the LRS.

You are doing it wrong son.

Get off your ass on sniper hill in Electro and actually play the game.

you realize that without binoculars the LRS is one of the most useful items in the game right now, either for fighting or avoiding engagements entirely. 

• Like 1

After the latest patch I've really enjoyed the threat from zombies.

As has already been said, the poor melee combat system makes fighting them off (with an axe etc.) a little cumbersome, and their 'aggro range' is a little bit too big (I'd like to see a bit more emphasis on stealth to be able to sneak around zombies) but other than that, I'm quite pleased.

The pace of the zombies is a nice mix between sluggish and rage-infused. Their strength is greatly improved (I don't know if it's intentional but sometimes I've gone 4-5 hits before bleeding, others it's after one hit) and the re-spawn mechanic, whilst not perfect yet (granted, I've not encountered any issues with zombies appearing right in front if me, but many have) adds a great deal to the game.

Definitely a step in the right direction!

• Like 1

Dial the speed back not all the way but give us more time to draw a gun and get aim in before they get on a player. There literally on you in about 30 seconds even from across a field.

I dont care if you give them bile spiting abilities or ones that are irradiated and give you radiation sickness just make sure there are pros and cons to how the react to players. If they are truly almost like normal ppl than shooting out legs and stuff to cripple them should be worked on so we dont have to deal with them running all the time.

Go take your depression pills. Also, what would you be trying to survive from? If, there are no zombies?

Survive the exact same thing a person would have to survive from in a SHTF scenario.

When the infrastructure that you depend on collapses, without rule of law, without grocery stores stocking fresh food and water. The environment itself is what you must survive.

Imagine having to survive the environment, scavenge for food, build shelter or a more permanent home using your environment, having to fight off wild animals and at the same time hunt to sustain yourself.

At the same time imagine having to do this with the constant threat of players who may or may not be friendly.

The zombie mechanic was merely a gimmick that was added for the mod . It does not have to stay especially with how Dayz is transforming.

I think if Rocket could do it all over again he would have removed zombies all together and instead focused more on the survival aspects of the game making the environment the constant threat.

Not the gimmick of zombies.

Survive the exact same thing a person would have to survive from in a SHTF scenario.

When the infrastructure that you depend on collapses, without rule of law, without grocery stores stocking fresh food and water. The environment itself is what you must survive.

Imagine having to survive the environment, scavenge for food, build shelter or a more permanent home using your environment, having to fight off wild animals and at the same time hunt to sustain yourself.

At the same time imagine having to do this with the constant threat of players who may or may not be friendly.

The zombie mechanic was merely a gimmick that was added for the mod . It does not have to stay especially with how Dayz is transforming.

I think if Rocket could do it all over again he would have removed zombies all together and instead focused more on the survival aspects of the game making the environment the constant threat.

I think allot of ppl would stop playing if thats the case. Iv already uninstalled rust for that purpose alone. It was supposed to be a zombie game than they took out that element. So i mean if you want a game like what you described than Rust is more up your ally.

LETS NOT TRY TO TURN THIS GAME INTO RUST PLEASE.

• Like 1

You can always ditch them, and if you cant get a weapon without attracting dozens of zombies, well then ur just bad, and nothing wrong with the game difficulty.

I don't want to play Day - I paid for DayZ. The Z is absolutely key - more and better please, thanks....

• Like 1

I don't want to play Day - I paid for DayZ. The Z is absolutely key - more and better please, thanks....

Wrong, zombies are important, but they can cause problems only early game, later they become as dangerous/important as the trees in the map, nothing very important, just something for the atmosphere + I think I wouldnt be the only one playing the game if there were no zombies.

Edited by So Sexy
  • Like 1

Wrong, zombies are important, but they can cause problems only early game + I think I wouldnt be the only one playing the game if there were no zombies.

I'm glad you'd be playing - I'm saying It wasn't what was sold and not the reason I play. Want DayZ less the Zeds? Pick up any version of Arma and knock yourself out - just leave the standalone zombie survival game to its intended purpose.

Sooooo there's absolutely no reason society wouldn't just build itself right back up is what you are saying? You see, people wouldn't just go around killing each other for no reason like you think they would unless they are psychopaths. 

I'm glad you'd be playing - I'm saying It wasn't what was sold and not the reason I play. Want DayZ less the Zeds? Pick up any version of Arma and knock yourself out - just leave the standalone zombie survival game to its intended purpose.

Who told you that zombies are more important than other aspects of the game? No matter how much you cry on these forums, survival and player interaction will be the most important.

They're harder, yet you should first add the proper ability to be able to sneak around them and fix their pathfinding before making them harder. Also the way their respawn function works isn't exactly great and needs to be re-made.