SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Sooooo there's absolutely no reason society wouldn't just build itself right back up is what you are saying? You see, people wouldn't just go around killing each other for no reason like you think they would unless they are psychopaths. 

Heh you know daam well without the rule of law people would go around killing each other.

What would happen is certain people would probably band together and you would get a dynamic situation with warlords controlling different parts of the map.

• Like 1

Who told you that zombies are more important than other aspects of the game? No matter how much you cry on these forums, survival and player interaction will be the most important.

You are trying to change it into something it wasn't sold as... From steam, for your reference...

About the Game

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

I don't think you can argue your point - without arguing with the VERY BASIC premise of what this game has sold MILLIONS of copies under without, well, just arguing....

• Like 1

You are trying to change it into something it wasn't sold as... From steam, for your reference...

About the Game

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

I don't think you can argue your point - without arguing with the VERY BASIC premise of what this game has sold MILLIONS of copies under without, well, just arguing....

I cant see where it sais that zombies are the most important, and uh, maybe people bought the game just not because there are zombies, but maybe because of features like scavenging for food, realistic medical system etc etc, but you know what, have fun dealing with ur zombies while I do other stuff the game has to offer, everyone happy.

I cant see where it sais that zombies are the most important, and uh, maybe people bought the game just not because there are zombies, but maybe because of features like scavenging for food, realistic medical system etc etc, but you know what, have fun dealing with ur zombies while I do other stuff the game has to offer, everyone happy.

To each his own - I'm fine with people playing it for whatever reason they like - it's a giant sandbox and adds color and interest to the game. I just don't want people pushing for the removal of Zeds, when clearly they are referenced in the core of the game (per the developer) and are part of the 'survival environment'.

• Like 1

Survive the exact same thing a person would have to survive from in a SHTF scenario.

When the infrastructure that you depend on collapses, without rule of law, without grocery stores stocking fresh food and water. The environment itself is what you must survive.

Imagine having to survive the environment, scavenge for food, build shelter or a more permanent home using your environment, having to fight off wild animals and at the same time hunt to sustain yourself.

At the same time imagine having to do this with the constant threat of players who may or may not be friendly.

The zombie mechanic was merely a gimmick that was added for the mod . It does not have to stay especially with how Dayz is transforming.

I think if Rocket could do it all over again he would have removed zombies all together and instead focused more on the survival aspects of the game making the environment the constant threat.

Not the gimmick of zombies.

What an absolute pile of inconceivable rubbish. 

• Like 1

The speed of the zombies is perfect.  Next should be working on their animations and clipping.  

@gibonez What the hell are you smoking??  Remove the infected?  Your posts in this thread are rather ignorant to say the least.  Guess what?  You can play Wasteland on Arma 3 and have all the survival you want.  DayZ is it's own game.  

The speed of the zombies is perfect.  Next should be working on their animations and clipping.  

+1 on this, but I could live with the clipping a bit longer than with their current vision/hearing. It seems that the stance is somewhat relevant to their vision, but it's not relevant to their hearing? It seems they can hear you the same, no matter if you're moving fast while standing up, crouching or prone, and that they don't really hear you if you're slow. Until they see you, which I don't understad - when do they see you? I'd like to get some numbers on the distance required for them to spot you depending on your stance and movement speed, then we could maybe come up with some conclusions.

I love the new speed of the zombies.  The fact they can catch you when they sprint adds a new element to the game.

Of course we still have the clipping and aggroing issues but once you can properly sneak and hide from the zeds it will be so much more tactical to loot an infested town.

• Like 3

I like their new speed, you have to move smarter then the AI. The thing I don't like is the range. At least 400 yards away in a hill and a zombie I am looking at charges after me. They seem to attack smarter, and they move quicker and they respawn. fix the range, add a bunch more and I will be stealthy. 

The speed is amazing ... but the fact that they are still horribly broken combined with the respawning horribly and the speed is going in the wrong direction not the right way as will everything the devs do to make them "harder" until they aren't breaking the laws of physics or have the hearing and vision of superman.

Edited by Weedz

The speed is amazing ... but the fact that they are still horribly broken combined with the respawning horribly and the speed is going in the wrong direction not the right way as will everything the devs do to make them "harder" until they aren't breaking the laws of physics or have the hearing and vision of superman.

Whats even worse is when you fire a gun and kill them more spawn EXACTLY in the same area where there were none before.

I noticed that with the new patch zombies spawn more frequently(good), and around your location(bad). I am always using a LR mosin nagant, and I find it nearly impossible to stay hidden.  Last night for example, I was at the NE airbase,laying prone  up on the north hill in the bushes, After taking a few shots i aggro'd zombies from down near the hangars (I know that's a bug) but then they started to spawn all around me. and even though i wasn't making sounds they kept coming after me. I find this to be a irritating and stupid, how are us snipers supposed to stay hidden with this goofy zombie spawn? not to mention you bleed with a single hit!

Maybe you guys could make them spawn near buildings, or on roads.. I don't know, but It was much better to snipe before the patch.

, how are us snipers supposed to stay hidden with this goofy zombie spawn? not to mention you bleed with a single hit!

Seems the zombies are working properly. Glad to see you cant just sit there. Way more fun this way. Carry more bandages!

Edited by Smartsham
  • Like 3

Ha! Stop fucking killing on sight then!

What I read: I was KoSing some people for the lulz. Then I got hit by a zombie. This sucks. Remove zombies pls.

• Like 5

Whats even worse is when you fire a gun and kill them more spawn EXACTLY in the same area where there were none before.

Obvious solution is obvious.

I noticed that with the new patch zombies spawn more frequently(good), and around your location(bad). I am always using a LR mosin nagant, and I find it nearly impossible to stay hidden.  Last night for example, I was at the NE airbase,laying prone  up on the north hill in the bushes, After taking a few shots i aggro'd zombies from down near the hangars (I know that's a bug) but then they started to spawn all around me. and even though i wasn't making sounds they kept coming after me. I find this to be a irritating and stupid, how are us snipers supposed to stay hidden with this goofy zombie spawn? not to mention you bleed with a single hit!

Maybe you guys could make them spawn near buildings, or on roads.. I don't know, but It was much better to snipe before the patch.

I just couldn't help but laugh at this... looks like the new zombie spawn implementation is working good folks! :)

Shhhhhh. No tears... only dreams now.

• Like 3

Please take care that the respawning process gets not too expectable. Maybe it is possible to work with a probability calculation or different respawn-modes for different areas of the map or maybe sometimes respawn two instead of one zombie, or one instead of two. I think it would be good if breaking the players expectation was part of the respawning process (for example, spawn two or three together in the same distance, so that they attack simultanously while they have been originally shot seperately... things like that). Especially when only few zombies are around you recognize the mechanical relationship between shooting and respawning sometimes, what could break immersion.

I just couldn't help but laugh at this... looks like the new zombie spawn implementation is working good folks! :)

Shhhhhh. No tears... only dreams now.

It's not working good if they spawn ON you when you shoot. Imagine defending yourself against a KoS player or a bandit, you have to shoot him, and that makes a couple of them to spawn around you. They should run towards gunshots, for sure, but not just spawn on you.

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181561-post-patch-zombie-feedback/

Official Zombie discussion.

Edit: I'm not a mod, but I just think it's good to keep it all to one discussion.. Obviously you can post here all you want lol.

Can you please stop spamming every thread I see with this?  I will start reporting it soon because it is really irritating.  The entire damn game is centered around a zombie apocalypse and you want only one thread dedicated to "Official Zombie discussion"??? Can you see why people are going to get upset and start flagging your post? 

No, I am not going to read an Official Zombie discussion thread - this forum is an official forum for discussing a game based around zombies... no need for an official thread when we have an official forum.

• Like 5

There should definetely have hordes of zombies, not like 10 zombies scattered around a town who respawn often in my opinion.

the new zombie spawns are a fucking joke! trying to pvp with 2 friends today, and we are constantly being attacked by zombies, so we get out axe, kill them off, guess what! 15 seconds later 2-3 more zombies right ontop of us. DEVS please stop fucking this game up worse than it already is. PLEASE

It's not working good if they spawn ON you when you shoot. Imagine defending yourself against a KoS player or a bandit, you have to shoot him, and that makes a couple of them to spawn around you. They should run towards gunshots, for sure, but not just spawn on you.

I have never had any spawn on me while shooting, very near me - yes.  Not within immediate striking distance.  If you are laying down, or crouched - sure, it will take you time to get up, put your weapon away and run... and by that time - whoops.  Like I said, good for the devs on this one.  I have battled KoS and bandits with spawning zombies all around me - makes things more fun... including watching the other player run around like a maniac trying to defend himself from zombies and myself.  Next time someone takes a shot, they will think twice about spawning zombies :D

Edited by kroms001
  • Like 1