Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

nope im not a programmer.. but scripts are writen.. they do not magically appear like a pokémon

well you know ALL that.. every script used in Dayz is bought? wicked you must be a psychic hacker since you can read minds through the internet! be careful man! ;) 

Edited by Tigermonk

That's strange, I was just drinking at a river

Hmmm  ..  Maybe have a temp bug ..   the forever berries were back as well, will check again when daylight comes.

EDIT:  tested trying to drink from pond, it was a no go.  I was even kneeled and submerged ..  still no luck.

Edited by just4me

I've been finding a ridiculous , and I do mean ridiculous amount of bolts on top of the electro fire station ... Very random ...

Where are people finding crossbows? Are they in the police/military spawns or just scattered around randomly?

Where are people finding crossbows? Are they in the police/military spawns or just scattered around randomly?

I've found them in barns and the house with the piano in it.

Ok I just killed somebody at the NW airfield, he had an M4 with RDS optics and a weapon flashlight attached to it. I've checked the weapon twice but it just won't shoot. I'm on one of the 50 player experimental servers, it's night. I've tried to detach the flashlight, the optics, the bipod and reloading the weapon with other ammo but it just don't shoot. If I press the RMB to shoot you know? Nothing happens, it doesn't go in 1st person mode. Is this some kind of a bug? Never had it before. I went back to pick up my mosin and it does shoot, switched back to M4 - nothing happens. 

I can't shoot with it at all, in any mode (3rd, 1st person view) 

Edited by MetapoliC

Ok I just killed somebody at the NW airfield, he had an M4 with RDS optics and a weapon flashlight attached to it. I've checked the weapon twice but it just won't shoot. I'm on one of the 50 player experimental servers, it's night. I've tried to detach the flashlight, the optics, the bipod and reloading the weapon with other ammo but it just don't shoot. If I press the RMB to shoot you know? Nothing happens, it doesn't go in 1st person mode. Is this some kind of a bug? Never had it before. I went back to pick up my mosin and it does shoot, switched back to M4 - nothing happens. 

You did check weapon, magazine, and ammo for being ruined ?

I've found them in barns and the house with the piano in it.

I found 3 in the chernaya polana dump, 2 in police station.

Cool. I am near Chernaya Polana so I'll have to check it out when I get a chance to play next.

Found ashwood sticks in sheds and the garbage trailers - xbow in a school bolts in the back of a cop car - binos pretty much all over

You did check weapon, magazine, and ammo for being ruined ?

Twice and I wrote it

If I press the RMB to shoot you know? 

Wait you use the RMB to shoot? its LMB for me 

+1 for piano houses, no bolts.

Is this thread now running parallel to http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186509-new-experimental/page-11 ? Should they be merged?

I really don't know if high pop servers are my thing. I have visited the neaf twice now, met someone to kill the first time and now I met a group of five. I heard shooting in the east prison while I was running for the door, a looted corpse was lieing on the outside stairs. I went inside, killed three with my mosin, but the other two got the drop on me. Can you even go to airfields on high pop without meeting people there? I guess it's good for my Kill/Death ratio, but playing lone wolf might be somehow getting stupid when going for military areas.

Crossbow experience: The remaining two (might have been more upstairs) killed me in coop, the first putting an crossbow bolt into me, the second one killed me with an SKS. Now the crossbow did not hurt so much really. I guess I did not get shot at my ballistic helmet, because I probably at least should have gone unconscious then. Besides that I was only wearing a ruined hoody and pants. The bolt did get me grey, but really not that badly. And it was close quarters. Can someone with experience shooting it write, how long reloading a bolt takes? I would guess, at least as long as a mosin. If it takes as long and a close range shot does not take out a player, running around with a crossbow might just be begging for death. Ok, it is silent, but still. I did expect it to do more damage.

One last thing: Why does pvp always result in people calling me a mother******? I was just about to congratulate the remaining two for how they managed to get the drop on me, especially as coordinated as they did (might have been luck though), and what do I get? A nice and warm "Eat s***, mother******!" Now I'm not really sensible and start crying, but really. I've been called that (or the german equicalent) practically every time after a shootout, even when I was the only victim... .

Twice and I wrote it

Yeah, don't know how I missed that, sorry

+1 for piano houses, no bolts.

Is this thread now running parallel to http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186509-new-experimental/page-11 ? Should they be merged?

I really don't know if high pop servers are my thing. I have visited the neaf twice now, met someone to kill the first time and now I met a group of five. I heard shooting in the east prison while I was running for the door, a looted corpse was lieing on the outside stairs. I went inside, killed three with my mosin, but the other two got the drop on me. Can you even go to airfields on high pop without meeting people there? I guess it's good for my Kill/Death ratio, but playing lone wolf might be somehow getting stupid when going for military areas.

Crossbow experience: The remaining two (might have been more upstairs) killed me in coop, the first putting an crossbow bolt into me, the second one killed me with an SKS. Now the crossbow did not hurt so much really. I guess I did not get shot at my ballistic helmet, because I probably at least should have gone unconscious then. Besides that I was only wearing a ruined hoody and pants. The bolt did get me grey, but really not that badly. And it was close quarters. Can someone with experience shooting it write, how long reloading a bolt takes? I would guess, at least as long as a mosin. If it takes as long and a close range shot does not take out a player, running around with a crossbow might just be begging for death. Ok, it is silent, but still. I did expect it to do more damage.

One last thing: Why does pvp always result in people calling me a mother******? I was just about to congratulate the remaining two for how they managed to get the drop on me, especially as coordinated as they did (might have been luck though), and what do I get? A nice and warm "Eat s***, mother******!" Now I'm not really sensible and start crying, but really. I've been called that (or the german equicalent) practically every time after a shootout, even when I was the only victim... .

Unable to do any testing with crossbows, either I have the crossbow, or bolts ...  can't seem to get both at same time  :/

As far as being cursed at after battle ...  it seems to be the norm now days. Sportsmanship, courtesy, politeness, and manners seem to evade the current generation of gamers. Keyboard commandos think they're all that and more, until mom makes 'em go to bed   lol.

Wait you use the RMB to shoot? its LMB for me 

RMB to go first person and put up the weapon you know? LMB to shoot, ofcourse

But both doesn't work with an M4 from that guy...

Edited by MetapoliC

Just lost a 1v1 against a moron using his fists, I had a crowbar. Such realism, wow.

Hmmm  ..  Maybe have a temp bug ..   the forever berries were back as well, will check again when daylight comes.

EDIT:  tested trying to drink from pond, it was a no go.  I was even kneeled and submerged ..  still no luck.

were you in first person? mine only drinks if I go to first person

• Like 1

were you in first person? mine only drinks if I go to first person

I drank and filled my canteen in a lake about two hours ago. Played hardcore (so maybe first person is the trick) and experimental.

I currently cannot use my hotkey number 2 - I guess I should have tested others, but my close quarter weapon (sawed of shotgun or pistol) is always on 2 and putting it on something else would probably get me shot while I pull out a pipsi instead of the gun under duress. Or whatever else the system puts into slot 2. That is actually something I would really like: NO autosetting hotkeys to stuff you just find. Or even better, the option to disable autoequipping things for those that don't like it. But as I'm writing this, it's probably in the menu and I'm just too stupid to have found it. The problem is that the gun (tested with FNX and sawed off shotgun) is equipped and immediatelly put away again. It practically never stays in the hand. Did cost me my life in a police station. The guy watched me fumble with my pistol for about two seconds until he decided to put me out of my misery.

Hotkeys 1, 3 and 5 with SKS, several melee weapons and canteen worked fine btw.

Besides that I got some hours night gaming, impressions:

- don't use a light, you will get shot - well the others were, I was watching (not shooting).

- people are even more trigger happy than during the day, probably because of bad sight.

- I was able to gear up quite nicely twice in svetlo, even though it was overflowing with fresh spawns.

And being in Svetlo is a whole thing all together. I lost server connections a few times, died twice, and only ever got svetlo spawns. And with so many people running around there, I guess I'm not the only one.

When will the "cancel action" option be implemented? A guy with a shotgun found me while I was eating. I saw him (and could have shot him) at least 5 seconds, before he saw me and killed me. That's frustrating.

Edited by bautschi

Anyone else getting the glitch were you put a mag/bolt in the gun and it stays on the ground and in the gun, then dissapears but stsys on the ground?

Anyone else getting the glitch were you put a mag/bolt in the gun and it stays on the ground and in the gun, then dissapears but stsys on the ground?

I do happened to me earlier with the bolts and quivers ... its happened to me with clips as well for the m4 

Actually something really similar just happened to me repeatedly that I had not seen before: Drink or eat something that is lieing around, not in the inventory. The char takes the item, and then it just pops back to the desk of floor while the char is consuming it. Then, after some time, it finally manages to actually disappear from the vicinity. But as everything was laggy at the time, I simply thought it was desync. Did not happen after switching servers. The new server was way less laggy. But you have it the other way around at the end though.

I have heard this is a bug in EXP.  Weapons claimed off of killed victims are not usable.  The fix is to have the weapon in your inventory, log out, then log back in.  After that you should be able to use it.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10844

link added to bug report

Edited by IPMport93