Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

THATS FUNNY

considering the mod is 100x better then what this sad excuse for a "game" currently is.    I don't know about you, but a game that is "built correctly" starts off with the Core Essentials (Graphics, Sound, Interactivity) , and last i checked, this "Running Simulator" isnt even close to being correct. I bet your all so happy that they put in crossbows and new weapons, except you still have to mash whatever # key you have it bound to 5 or 6 times before it even pulls that fancy new weapon out, and by then you've already been desync-MURDERED so it doesn't even matter.

I swear this game is being developed by a bunch of politicians and elected officials with the amount of unnecessary garbage thats being added and worked on currently. I understand that its an alpha, calling it that is even a stretch. But it doesn't matter if your developing games in North America or some hole in the floor 3rd world country, the fundamentals don't change. The fact you can't even move around properly in an empty world is a sad sad SAD fact considering how much money has been dumped into this project.

Your inability to spell or punctuate properly makes it difficult for me to take you seriously. That and the fact that you're making the common mistake of mixing up different areas of development to push the idea that things like guns are being worked on instead of those core features/problems, which hasn't been true since the first moron started saying it months and months ago.

• Like 4

If you didnt download a new patch for stable then they changed nothing in stable ... server changes they will not post anything about only client changes ... and honestly with as much as people complain about info not being enough or even slightly incorrect or something small being left out i dont blame them for not rushing to put out any patch notes ... half the people in these forums are blood thirsty and want to lynch the devs ... bunch of keyboard warriors .. if they are unhappy with the game at the moment they should just take a step back for a few and wait to play it 

Well lets put it this way... after that patch version was applied, friends and I have put in LOADS of hours and after some time we noticed an immediate change. So, something WAS applied... whether version number changed or not... that's up to the devs to do.

I have a LOT of time into DayZ SA and I can definitely tell stuff is off...

I swear this game is being developed by a bunch of politicians

You swear yea? Give me some facts on that :D please?

whatever you may call them - hackers, cheaters, scripters, suckers - their number have been increased in the last weeks. and, maybe you can remember, the hackers were the no. 1 reason why the mod lost the majority of its players. I mean, c mon, the pbo exploit was known for more than 4 months but I still met players using that, 2 days in a row on 2 different servers, just 2 days ago on stable...yes, we all like dayz, but with h1z1 coming out in couple of weeks and devs being so slow and avoiding to correct and inform the community about the most important issues (hacking/scripting vulnerability, glitch bugs, ladder deaths etc.) I sadly begin to think dayz is a goner. yes, binoculars are cool, pickhammer and crossbow are cool, but are dust in the wind as long as players with minimum effort or skills are managing to see and shoot through walls. now tell me it s an alpha again :))

• Like 1

Why do does each and every Post in this forum wich is about updates always have to become a war between haters and lovers? Why can't the people who don't like the game just stop playing the game? I mean offcource critisism is good but motsly what I see after about 3 pages of: "oh awesome" "thanks for the update" and "yeeey" 120 pages of rants and people just complaining about the game! Why would you even buy a game if you are allready warned about the state of it? just why? this forum makes me so sad..

cheers

maybe it s also sad for the players who spend hundreds of play hours (in example, 559 and counting) hoping that this game will evolve in what it was promised. maybe it s because that without criticism, devs will be even slower at fixing exploits, pimping the game with lots of shiny contents but remaining with a vulnerable and glitchy core. because if I wouldn t love this game, I wouldn t post here.

559 hours on an unfinished game that isn't meeting your expectations..... that is an average of 4.4 hours a day. 7 days a week, since release. That is a huge waste of time on your part if they don't fix the security lol

• Like 1

:)) sleek remark, ministelis. of course these hours were quality gaming time, shaded only occasionally by new bugs I wasn t skilled enough to avoid. helicopters may roam through chernarus, bambis may ride wild horses on the coast but when it comes to shooting through walls, well, that kinda ends it for me. 

Edited by kapnobatai

:)) sleek remark, ministelis. of course these hours were quality gaming time, shaded only occasionally by new bugs I wasn t skilled enough to avoid. helicopters may roam through chernarus, bambis may ride wild horses on the coast but when it comes to shooting through walls, well, that kinda ends it for me. 

I'm sure all the said issues will be addressed down the road.. And it's a long road till DayZ becomes the 'finished' product we all are waiting for.  Each update bring new goodies for DayZ SA, and fixes here and there.. just have to be patient while the major issues are sorted out and fixed.  I'm in for the long haul with DayZ SA, and enjoying being a part of the progress being made with it. 

but when it comes to shooting through walls, well, that kinda ends it for me. 

Are you sure mate? Because you are still here and still playing. I've seen you raging like hell on this forum before and even if you've stopped playing now, you were playing back then while raging here. What is wrong with you people. I mean you know that non of the devs will read your comments. Maybe you shall explain your goal because to me it seems like you are wasting a LOT of time, which you can't get back. I'm not even talking about how ridiculously harmful stress is. It may even kill you (Google for it if you don't believe me)

whatever you may call them - hackers, cheaters, scripters, suckers - their number have been increased in the last weeks. and, maybe you can remember, the hackers were the no. 1 reason why the mod lost the majority of its players. I mean, c mon, the pbo exploit was known for more than 4 months but I still met players using that, 2 days in a row on 2 different servers, just 2 days ago on stable...yes, we all like dayz, but with h1z1 coming out in couple of weeks and devs being so slow and avoiding to correct and inform the community about the most important issues (hacking/scripting vulnerability, glitch bugs, ladder deaths etc.) I sadly begin to think dayz is a goner. yes, binoculars are cool, pickhammer and crossbow are cool, but are dust in the wind as long as players with minimum effort or skills are managing to see and shoot through walls. now tell me it s an alpha again :))

h1z1?.planetside 2 engine is toy.the real rival of dayz is altis life. its about gameplay and not about zombies. hardcore players would switch between altis life and dayz. the other 60% go to h1z1. but dean have expect that.

hopefully then the devs will remove the option to change gamma and brightness so everyone has to play fair. 

well thats a problem right there since brightness and gama are video options designed for people having trouble with their monitor... people tend to abuse the bug by setting it really high on servers so they can 'see' but seeing black and white is just a waste of time since your not using the game graphics to maximum ;)

well thats a problem right there since brightness and gama are video options designed for people having trouble with their monitor... people tend to abuse the bug by setting it really high on servers so they can 'see' but seeing black and white is just a waste of time since your not using the game graphics to maximum ;)

I've found a portable gaslamp, attached a big gas canister to it and OH MY GOD LET THERE BE LIGHT. It is so freaking bright I am impressed :DD

To be serious who would not use brightness & gamma? Set your HDR settings on Low instead of Very Low and you are able to see almost everything. If you want to fight this, you are on a wrong planet

I'm hearing stuff all the time, a couple of sounds every second. I think it's the birds and grashoppers which are "singing" at nights but they sound like zombies and ammo sorting ^^ Sometimes I hear myself reloading like 3 minutes after joining a server. Sometimes I jump once but my char jumps a minute later, two or even three times in a row. All that is annoying and it gives me a feeling this game is written realy bad

I'm hearing stuff all the time, a couple of sounds every second. I think it's the birds and grashoppers which are "singing" at nights but they sound like zombies and ammo sorting ^^ Sometimes I hear myself reloading like 3 minutes after joining a server. Sometimes I jump once but my char jumps a minute later, two or even three times in a row. All that is annoying and it gives me a feeling this game is written realy bad

+1  this is a major immersion and gameplay killer ...hearing zombies, opening cans, reloading and sorting ammo all the time combined with the annoying environment sounds that are played everywhere and much too often, ruins the gamepaly completely,especially when you play on hardcore or during nigt time and have to rely a lot on your audio visuals 

I really hope the new sound team will start providing some fixes and improvments soon...(some info on this would be fantastic)

whatever you guys say, really ... consider the time from last patch, now think about it, and you are satisfied with that?

cmon, fanboys. 

whatever you guys say, really ... consider the time from last patch, now think about it, and you are satisfied with that?

cmon, fanboys. 

Yeah, because there was no update on experimental in weeks, especially not introducing massive changes changing a lot about the game.  :facepalm:

Think, then post. Not the other way around. There are updates and a lot has changed. But I'd rather have that tested on Experimental before being pushed to stable.

• Like 2

i mostly play the mod atm because there is not enough content in the game atm to keep me occupied. i dnt moan about it because the games not finished yet! its not like i didnt know what i was getting into when i got an early release for half price.

• Like 3

Think, then post. Not the other way around. There are updates and a lot has changed. But I'd rather have that tested on Experimental before being pushed to stable.

Exactly this. I will wait as long as needed for updates to come to stable. I don't want any further fatal bugs which make the game unplayable.

cmon, fanboys. 

No, I wish there would be better patch notes, more stable updates, .... all those funny little things that make us happy and are inconvenient for the devs ;).

But I am satisfied with the progress of the game. When I look and play experimental, there are some biggies worked on right now of which for me the most important ones I think are guaranteed messaging and mouse input. Personally I think guaranteed messaging - if it works - is a step that is neccessary before really taking care of desync, pressing hotkeys multiple times, more responsive zeds and inventories, ... all those things probably are tied to desync in some way or the other. And while that is being worked on, I see content being added at the same time. Zeds start to actually run through doors, up stairs, loot spawning is being worked on, ... . Two months ago I had to wait forever when dropping an item on the ground for it to appear, I was able to do a 360 turn in 5 seconds, if I was lucky, rubberbanding was way worse, ... .

Currently I only play experimental, because in stable my graphics are jerking really bad when turning, even when running. That was not the case when the last stable release came out. It's certainly not great, but already gone again on experimental. And it also shows that there are server-side things being worked on even in stable. Even when you don't have to download a new client version. I think zed pathfinding for example also was started after the last stable release, for example. Currently I have the feeling that zed behaviour generally is worked on quite a bit. But they keep lagging after the client so running circles is still a valid strategy against them. My biggest worry about ingame things is actually melee and zeds. My biggest other worry is hackers, but as currently there are many new things implemented, a lot of holes are expected to be open. Is 64bit server support there yet? Better multithreading? Those two things should give a lot of additional power for server-side sanity checks and including more calculations onto the server and therefore out of the reach of hackers. There are simply so many things under construction now, and many of them therefore are not really working great, that's what alpha is about. And all problems combined may not be funny when you are playing. And it will not get better while new things are introduced, which will be for some time. You add something and that breaks something, then you have to fix that again. And when you are unlucky, your fix will destroy something else alltogether. I theory that should not happen that often and is a symptom of badly structured software, but I've seen that in reality on practically every software project that takes more than just a few hours to "simply write down".

I see progress. Now if I saw no progress on all those little fronts that would worry me greatly. Will all those little things fall together perfectly in the end? I don't know. But I'm happy with the speed of that progress.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

whatever you may call them - hackers, cheaters, scripters, suckers - their number have been increased in the last weeks. and, maybe you can remember, the hackers were the no. 1 reason why the mod lost the majority of its players. [...] yes, we all like dayz, but with h1z1 coming out in couple of weeks and devs being so slow and avoiding to correct and inform the community about the most important issues (hacking/scripting vulnerability, glitch bugs, ladder deaths etc.) I )

There will be always some hacker in online games.

And there is no online game without hackers and will never be!!!!!!

Only way to get rid of them ist hosting a private server and ban them.

Edited by ruStanSc

I totally agree,and I myself have already switched to Atlis life and I am really enjoying it!

as for H1Z1,hopefully it will draw the KoS crowd..... away from DayZ

Now a dayz I just roam around once in awhile in DayZ,and will just be useing it to check things out after a patch...and the patches hotfix.... comes out each time

I don't even try the patches until the hotfixes come out now

As for playing DayZ ,it is hard to play a game where there is nothing to do after you get Geared up and have lots of food!

It is not even hard to survive,so the survivalists can't say much about it being a survival simulator ....although time will tell what all unfolds in the world of DayZ in the future

h1z1?.planetside 2 engine is toy.the real rival of dayz is altis life. its about gameplay and not about zombies. hardcore players would switch between altis life and dayz. the other 60% go to h1z1. but dean have expect that.

I'm counting down til the realease to stable ... In my mind I'm saying only 6 more days unless something goes horribly wrong ;).

I've been seeing a number of nice new things too , beatifiul log cabin house (at cherna polyana , IMO a little out of place being in the middle of all those Victorian style houses but still nice ) a cliffside (I think this is new ) near cherna polyana (new town?) and the aforementioned town itself . I really like the setup of polyana and it seems remote enough to not attract more than 4 people over the course of 2 hrs on a 50'person server ... I think when barricades are in I'm gonna take polyana ..

still waiting for persistent objects for storage my crap & respawning loot...

common developers, give us that shit :beans: :rolleyes:

Edited by TiMEDANCE
  • Like 1

What the hell is this??

Write freaking new thread every time you update something because I none wants to read everything 100 times and search for new things on the list.

Edited by George Fatality
  • Like 1

What the hell is this??

Write freaking new thread every time you update something because I none wants to read everything 100 times and search for new things on the list.

Are they wasting your precious time? You could leave your phone number so Dean or Captain Fancy Pants can inform you about development progress.

But seriously - if there's a new stable the devs will be happy to present the full list of features and changes to you right here in this section of the forum  :D