Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Ahahahaha.. ha..aha..ha.. you're so funny(not rly), its easy for you to talk. If you think you are so good at it why don\t you fix the rubber banding and lags then? No? I figured you have no clue. Its still in Alpha btw.

Question to devs:

When will you add watches and such? Or GPS that could show your position on the map or maybe even long range radios.

You think you're smart huh? How can you ask someone to fix a core engine flaw without access to the source? 

Everyone should know from any bohemia game that the netcode is awful and will always be awful. Just like performance.

Edited by Andromeda

If you two knew the game had "shit netcode" and still bought it anyways that makes you waaaaay stupider than the people assuming they can fix it.

• Like 5

So i have been to Balota a few times since people said there has been loot spawning in the tents again and i haven't seen this! Is this only working on some servers? If so why? 

Thanks

As far as I can tell its "official servers" only - not totally sure on that but those are the ones I Play on - I have found the tent citys to be full of lewt - maybe try a less frequented airstrip then balota or a fresh server

Can you maybe explain to everybody:

1. What is a netcode

2. Why is current netcode of this game so bad

3. Why you think why the devs. are working on this particular netcode and not writing a new one

4. Why so negative

If you are so disappointed, then I want to know what has disappointed you so much and why are you still here.

Discussion over. If you're lucky enough to get a response, it will be inadequate in that it most likely won't address any of your points directly or at all.

Tone down the aggressiveness and keep it polite please.

• Like 2

As far as I can tell its "official servers" only - not totally sure on that but those are the ones I Play on - I have found the tent citys to be full of lewt - maybe try a less frequented airstrip then balota or a fresh server

How are the "official" servers named? Or how can you tell from the server list? I've joined a bunch of random ones and the updated loot that everyone talks about doesn't seem to be working for me.

• Like 1

How are the "official" servers named? Or how can you tell from the server list? I've joined a bunch of random ones and the updated loot that everyone talks about doesn't seem to be working for me.

Example I play on DayZ US WEST 122, 128, 144 - going to go ahead and guess any server named along those lines ( US EAST or US Central and so forth ) so I would guess the balota book exchange server wont work for instance, could be wrong haven't checked non official servers (granted "official servers" is something im just using not actual terminology perhaps) - Vilayer and gameservers.com, and perhaps any other officially hosted servers?- does that make sense?

Edited by tiadashi

Ahahahaha.. ha..aha..ha.. you're so funny(not rly), its easy for you to talk. If you think you are so good at it why don\t you fix the rubber banding and lags then? No? I figured you have no clue. Its still in Alpha btw.

Question to devs:

When will you add watches and such? Or GPS that could show your position on the map or maybe even long range radios.

Because rocket already said it takes months/years to select a developer. You didn't even give the guy a fair chance at proving himself. 

Edited by legend00

Example I play on DayZ US WEST 122, 128, 144 - going to go ahead and guess any server named along those lines ( US EAST or US Central and so forth ) so I would guess the balota book exchange server wont work for instance, could be wrong haven't checked non official servers (granted "official servers" is something im just using not actual terminology perhaps) - Vilayer and gameservers.com, and perhaps any other officially hosted servers?- does that make sense?

Yes sir it does. Thanks for the info!

Sooo... Can we expect a new patch today? Or at some point this week? i'm not sure if I missunderstud the devblog from last week but it said we'll get a new patch this week right? Just questioning not want to rush anybody, juuust questioning! :)

Sooo... Can we expect a new patch today? Or at some point this week? i'm not sure if I missunderstud the devblog from last week but it said we'll get a new patch this week right? Just questioning not want to rush anybody, juuust questioning! :)

I'm sure by saying the update is scheduled for this month means that's the time it will be out for the stable servers. I guess that means that we'll get to test it in experimental pretty soon as it takes a one/two weeks from experimental testing to stable.

It's the same thing we're all wondering, so it's all good.

Have the servers come down for maintenance at all?

It's the same thing we're all wondering, so it's all good.

Have the servers come down for maintenance at all?

I suppose yes, all server is down, i see only server with time speed test with Ping 200...

Edited by Atarugolan

The experimental build will be updated again before we see a stable build patch, with the new additions like the town and other goodies in the dev blog. I don't think it'll be with this maintenance period we are seeing now. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I believe it'll be later this month. Maybe next week or the following.

And just to add.. People playing on the experimental servers right now. I need to play.. Please quit your game and let me get into one of the experimental servers. There shall be much rejoicing once I am ingame. Thank you for your understanding and patience during my of need.. and I need to play NOW.

Thank you... :P

• Like 1

If you read the devblog some of the items like physics, guaranteed messaging and fire places will be deployed "next week", meaning this week

Edit: experimental that is

Edited by ministelis
  • Like 1

If you read the devblog some of the items like physics, guaranteed messaging and fire places will be deployed "next week", meaning this week

Let's hope so.. Looking forward to playing with the new additions coming.

hunting/fireplaces etc. are set for the first quarter of 2014 so in theory they could, and again I say COULD make us wait until the end of april.. since that is technically the first quarter of 2014.

people have been saying so much things on this topic the last month.. it actually surprises me this topic wasnt locked or moved.. so they start off fresh like they used to when rocket was still a bit more active on the forum (from what I can remember) frequent updates. I know their doing a really big bunch now.. and the upcoming updates are really hard to program etc. etc. 

but still I think it takes a long time to see some new progress on stable. they have alot on their mind.. but in my honest opinion.. they should run this update this week at max.. no further delays and then focus on the zombie collision issue thats been bugging the living hell out of every player since the mod.

hunting/fireplaces etc. are set for the first quarter of 2014 so in theory they could, and again I say COULD make us wait until the end of april.. since that is technically the first quarter of 2014.

16 months in a year now? lol

Edited by WizzardsCuff
  • Like 3

Huwm? My mathskills ain't that good, but could u please explain how the end of april is still in Q1?

Regarding to devblog, physics/throwing and 1:1 mouse should be add by this week but that doesn't mean it has to happen whilst stable maintenance.

Edited by Guest

True. But Hicks and Rocket are expected at Pax east friday, so it should be today, I doubt tomorrow.

I have a problem with jerking graphics since yesterday. The framerate is not really relevant. Looking sideways shows it better, but it can also be seen when moving forward. I move kind of jerkingly through the world. I uploaded a video to show that.

*********Link Removed*********

The movement with the mouse was smooth, not jerking.

1 # There is a Troubleshooting Forum section for trouble.

2# The site that you use is infested with a well known Virus.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180472-virus-alert-new-playermalware/

Do not post Videos using that site on our Forums until further notice.

• Like 3

True. But Hicks and Rocket are expected at Pax east friday, so it should be today, I doubt tomorrow.

When i heard about this last week it became obvious there wouldn't be an update until after PAX. I couldn't understand why they wrote in the devblog about an update coming this week or even suggesting the next stable update would come by the end of April. I would be surprised if an update for experimental even comes before the end of April.

• Like 1

When i heard about this last week it became obvious there wouldn't be an update until after PAX. I couldn't understand why they wrote in the devblog about an update coming this week or even suggesting the next stable update would come by the end of April. I would be surprised if an update for experimental even comes before the end of April.

I fear you're right, but I hope you are wrong. Anyway, all these rezzed and pax and whatever...I believe are slowing them down. I hope that at least are useful for their careers.

it would be nice, if they tell the people what they do on maintainance, otherwise people will keep asking when the new update gets released.