Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

look everyone....this is how you present negative yet constructive criticism...gee beaver, i'm so sorry i doubted you...oh wait, all you did was fucking complain...point to one part that presents a solution...thought not

i am done for real now.. :thumbsup: sorry for the hijack everyone else

Solutions presented:

- hire a community manager to handle all communication with players/alpha testers

- choose one primary medium to distribute announcements

- maintain regular news updates. they don't have to be long, but letting the community know what's happened this week, and what's up for next.

- re-acquaint staff on what "experimental" and "stable" mean, and follow a schedule for updating both, in properly staggered time-frames.

- when a patch is ready to be implemented, write an as-complete list of changes in a changelog as possible, and clearly deliminate what changes were made in what version.

So far with those solutions, you could far better maintain excitement for the game within the community while also keeping them informed, and less inclined towards disappointment if date-related goals are blown, or an update is postponed or even cancelled. This could and likely would produce better sales as time progresses. Players/alpha testers would be far better equipped to actually play test the game. Not only would people be better able to actually play (since game-stopping bugs would be far less likely with the use of a proper ex. to stable schedule), but with an accurate idea of what is changing from one version to the next, would be able to offer more pertinent and timely feedback as necessary.

Not only are these things possible, they should leave a trivial impact on the budget.

• Like 5

Why should we stop something we have fun with only a hand of ppl believe things movin way to slow?

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Im saying this to that only hand of ppl who are still complaing about the development of the game. If they are unhappy they should just stop playing cause no matter what they say here, nothing is going to change the way things are with the speed of development right?

Back to topic? -.-

You read my mind.

--

Stop the bitching and the insulting. Stick to the topic.

Stop the bitching and the insulting. Stick to the topic.

So you don't agree that people should get more info? Bitching is the only thing what gets stuff moving nowdays.

So you don't agree that people should get more info? Bitching is the only thing what gets stuff moving nowdays.

Bitching =/= automatically getting new information. Bitching doesn't help at all. But I was referring to the bitching/unnecessary bantering between users.

• Like 1

My guess here? Nothing is going to happen this week. And my advice to all the fans who payed for this game and as me are hunger to have a enjoyable game... stop playing and let the servers more and more empty to make dev's asses move on faster.

No thanks. I'm fine with the pace. You can pout in the corner if you'd like though.

Does anyone know if stable servers other than Multiplay ones have the loot fix yet? I tested a few yesterday but haven't gotten to play at all today.

Edited by Nails

Bitching =/= automatically getting new information. Bitching doesn't help at all. But I was referring to the bitching/unnecessary bantering between users.

Just curious as a forum mod- Do you believe that we alpha testers are getting enough information on updates/changes, and quickly enough?

Just curious as a forum mod- Do you believe that we alpha testers are getting enough information on updates/changes, and quickly enough?

Hmm. My status as a Forum Moderator does not - or should not - really affect anything. Perhaps a few more updates here and there would be adequate, but personally the current frequency at which, and quantity of, updates we as testers receive does not bother me; I am happy with it.

• Like 3

Is there any Dev life in this forum?

Are there changes on exp?

is this an oficial or just a fan forum?

has development stoped?

is Hal climbing another big mountain?

have I go to Twitter for getting news?

• Like 2

Is there any Dev life in this forum?

Are there changes on exp?

is this an oficial or just a fan forum?

has development stoped?

is Hal climbing another big mountain?

have I go to Twitter for getting news?

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes

What is this...

"Has development stopped?" and you say: Sometimes??

Please stop your useless comments man

• Like 1

What is this...

"Has development stopped?" and you say: Sometimes??

Please stop your useless comments man

sorry, yes they were useless. but so was the question

This is what an alpha tester does...offer feedback to the developer about how they are doing...bug reporting, idea generation, and fucking telling them when they are sucking, and at what they are sucking. Don't agree? Fair enough, you do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Alpha testers should give constructive feedback via the appropriate methods (bug tracker etc) and not just spout profanity because they think it makes them look cool or makes their post more valid.

• Like 1

Alpha testers should give constructive feedback via the appropriate methods (bug tracker etc) and not just spout profanity because they think it makes them look cool or makes their post more valid.

Amen brotha!

game becomes lame. why? simply cause they said there will be more updates in a period. what happened? nothing. Thanks DEV-Team. 

Really enjoyed your game but now i will play arma 3 till your shiet will be fixed. 

See you in ... let me guess, half a year?

But that is perfectly valid strategy! Take a break from SA, play Arma 3 or whatever you like and come back in few months.

No need to torture yourself by waiting daily for updates. If you can manage to stay away for month or two, then surely once you come back, you will see a lot of new stuff.

• Like 2

At this point I WOULD LOVE IF EA TOOK OVER!

All though I agree with all other points you made, this one just fucked it all up. I believe EA would have fucked it all up even worse

• Like 1

hmmm.... .43 been out like 2 days and it's got hackers >.< our little troop of 3 was slaughtered in Balota main building, by one guy, across the airfield, through the walls..... dammit!

But that is perfectly valid strategy! Take a break from SA, play Arma 3 or whatever you like and come back in few months.

No need to torture yourself by waiting daily for updates. If you can manage to stay away for month or two, then surely once you come back, you will see a lot of new stuff.

Yeah, a couple of friends are doing exactly that but with one difference, they do not go on this forum to write some very abusive comments ^^

• Like 1

Yeah, a couple of friends are doing exactly that but with one difference, they do not go on this forum to write some very abusive comments ^^

Then they are smart and decent folks! Please send them my regards :-D.

• Like 1

nope ! alpha testers don't pay for testing couse it's TESTING, and there u help by sending feedback ! Yea i know the standard" U knew it was alpha" response and i agre with that!We payed for the game ... good money ... they increased TEAM SIZE! Updates speed :   -[]---------

Solutions presented:

- hire a community manager to handle all communication with players/alpha testers

- choose one primary medium to distribute announcements

- maintain regular news updates. they don't have to be long, but letting the community know what's happened this week, and what's up for next.

- re-acquaint staff on what "experimental" and "stable" mean, and follow a schedule for updating both, in properly staggered time-frames.

- when a patch is ready to be implemented, write an as-complete list of changes in a changelog as possible, and clearly deliminate what changes were made in what version.

So far with those solutions, you could far better maintain excitement for the game within the community while also keeping them informed, and less inclined towards disappointment if date-related goals are blown, or an update is postponed or even cancelled. This could and likely would produce better sales as time progresses. Players/alpha testers would be far better equipped to actually play test the game. Not only would people be better able to actually play (since game-stopping bugs would be far less likely with the use of a proper ex. to stable schedule), but with an accurate idea of what is changing from one version to the next, would be able to offer more pertinent and timely feedback as necessary.

Not only are these things possible, they should leave a trivial impact on the budget.

certainly not trying to start yesterdays fiasco over again, but had these solutions been in your original post and presented with this methodology i would've never said anything. i completely agree with this post. beans for you...

• Like 1

All the people are angry at is the fact that there is no communication, and while i appreciate the moderation some of these users are trying to do, your obviously here for new info as well, not just to be Deans good Samaritan and do a job that should be taken care of by a member of staff. What people are forgetting is this isn't the mod anymore, its an early access game that relies on our communication with the devs to squash bugs,improve stability, or implement new features based on feedback. Not to mention the MULTIPLE games that are coming out in the same genre, doing exactly what Dayz promised it would, but are delivering at a faster rate. i'm not talking 7DTD, or Rust, or some other indie company, but SOE (H1Z1), Techland (Dying light) and others. Early access for H1Z1 on steam in a few weeks. All people want is to be heard, and feel like they are listened to. I, for one, will be playing the standalone for a long time, but at the rate at which new games are coming, i hope they can keep up. 

• Like 1