Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

They're adding very large components right now as Hall as already stated many times.

Okay, they say there's a problem. Let's see...

Small things are thrown in frequently.
Bigger things come in bigger time frames.
Development is going forward.
Yes, there are bugs. Yes, they are going to be fixed.
It's a work in progress.
They decided to go beyond the limititations of the mod, so they have to code and create a lot of new stuff.
... So far so good.
Err, where the heck the problem was?

Okay, they say there's a problem. Let's see...

Small things are thrown in frequently.

Bigger things come in bigger time frames.

Development is going forward.

Yes, there are bugs. Yes, they are going to be fixed.

It's a work in progress.

They decided to go beyond the limititations of the mod, so they have to code and create a lot of new stuff.

... So far so good.

Err, where the heck the problem was?

I believe the last three pages have been about time between updates. I'm not talking content, I'm talking communication. Back and forth. Statement, response, discussion, introduce new feature or topic, then repeat. Organization, and attention, here, on this forum, not just on what other sites they update( of which I'm not sure, because i only come here.)

• Like 1

I believe the last three pages have been about time between updates. I'm not talking content, I'm talking communication. Back and forth. Statement, response, discussion, introduce new feature or topic, then repeat. Organization, and attention, here, on this forum, not just on what other sites they update( of which I'm not sure, because i only come here.)

Yep, I believe for example implementing vehicles definately is a bigger one which takes it's time and still there most likely are plenty bugs to expect. Meanwhile they'll have to test, optimize and fix a lot. Mind, other persistent things are yet to come. Yeah, of cause sometimes I feel like being impatient too but I have faith and know things can take a while. I see the progress and think they are doing a great job. Don't  know what to say more. ^^

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

Hello there

So, who often to folk "expect" updates?

Why do they have to be on an exact time schedule?

In what why do you guys want to receive updates?

Im truly interested as we mods are often too close to the woods to see the trees, so if you have a truly realistic and worthwhile comment please leave it here.

I think we DO have a firm grasp on things, but its as well to check in case we have missed something.

As to the forums being a little scruffy, well yes they are a bit, but remember we have rules and regs to live by the same as you lot so we cant always clean up as much as we like. For many of you that's probably a good thing.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I don't mean any serious offence. But when you look at the official parts of the forms it's a jumbled up puzzle of different topics. 

It would probably be better to not let people comment on the official parts like this, thats what general discussion is for.

Remember that the mods are only in charge of trying to ride herd over these forums.

They have literally no connection with Mr. Hall or the dev team..AT ALL.

These are really de facto official forums.

The devs kinda post here (but do more so on reddit and twitter).

I don't know if anyone at Bohemia does anything with what's posted here. It has always been an echo chamber for us, the players. With the moda trying to prevent things from getting too off kilter.

Shrug. I think a lot of people are in over their heads in all of this.

No one cares of the fact their hands are full, we get it, its development. People just want them to update their own forum, with ANY info, even saying they have NO info, is still communicating. Tumblr's retarted, so is twitter, and facebook, and most of my Dayz friends avidly avoid these blights of the internet. So we come here, to try to get info. I have plenty other games to play, as i imagine anyone whos on here does, so its not the fact that we want content updates- we want info updates. This kinda silence and hold your horses stuff works when you provide a free mod, but as far as early access goes, this is kinda weak. Now don't go crucifying me cause im not praising Rocket, or Dayz SA, the facts are facts, and the honeymoons over. Update the forum, communicate with the players(all the players , NOT just reddit,) and get it going. 

My Thoughts to the tee.....But at least they are not as bad as Rust when it come to communication. Been waiting for a good update in Rust for months and it seems that they remove more content then they add (Zombies). 

Hello there

Im truly interested as we mods are often too close to the woods to see the trees, so if you have a truly realistic and worthwhile comment please leave it here.

I think we DO have a firm grasp on things, but its as well to check in case we have missed something.

As to the forums being a little scruffy, well yes they are a bit, but remember we have rules and regs to live by the same as you lot so we cant always clean up as much as we like. For many of you that's probably a good thing.

Rgds

LoK

The way the patch notes are presented is terrible. Each different version that gets released needs its own thread. It gets very confusing when all the previous patches are aggregated into one post. I feel that a lot of confusion and complaints come from it being EXTREMELY unclear what is actually going on with the patches. What I mean is when a new patch comes to experimental it should have its own thread, then the next patch its own thread. What seems to be happening is that the patch notes are being combined into one for the stable releases. 

• Like 3

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

For anyone reading this that's come here for new info (or to post a complaint!), click here for an update from Dean Hall. He gives out a lot of good info about the project, planned features, and projected timelines. He also addresses some issues if I remember correctly. Also, here is a link to the DayZ blog with weekly updates.

To answer your post LoK, the above video is invaluable in that it shows that the DayZ Dev team is moving forward and looking ahead to produce content that players would want to enjoy. I can't find a link to that anywhere on this forum; same with the tumblr link. I surmise one can get to it through the DevTracker, but at this point it has been long pushed down by many other twitter updates, and the average person will not sift through all of those messages to find something they would consider truly worthwhile. Also, a lot of people won't go googling around for new information; they'll come here with the assumption that all updates they'd care about will be mirrored here, and will be very easy to locate.

All information sources ought to be linked like a web of main sources. If you consider this website a central hub for DayZ, then it should have obvious, permanent links to the other sources. Furthermore, UK's Rezzer presentation by Dean I would consider a kind-of-a-big-thing that should be showcased on the front page. There needs to be movement on pulling the important parts of the DevTracker and making them obvious until their lifetime passes. Lastly, these non-permanent updates can be made more obvious when they are not only pinned but, say, starred, so they stand out from the rest of the permanent pinned topics in the announcements section, like the FAQ.

It's very important to keep the community up to date, I'm sure all agree. But someone needs to be actively pushing around to make sure all PR is handled appropriately, with the goal of maximizing ease of access, and maximizing dissemination of news.

Edited by icenhower
  • Like 9

You don't care about the dissemination of info, apparently the devs don't either, and it sends a poor message.

I am but a mere player who rarely plays the game anymore; I don't see why that sends a poor message (unless you were only referring to the devs' apparently lack of care for said lack of information); it makes no difference. I know that plenty of people care (and for good reason), but I do not know why you are telling me that. I was only answering someone's question.

I mean, it's rather evident that the communication between the developers and the players/testers is rather lacking; otherwise, there would not be so many people upset with the communication (well, lack thereof). But it's not something I take to worrying about.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

The opinion that H1N1 will just absolutely blow DayZ out of the water immediately and make us all forget about it is very presumptive. It took SOE a very long time to get PS2 to the respectable state it is in now, and it will probably be the same with H1N1. Just like it will take Bohemia a long time to get DayZ where it needs to be. I spent quite a bit of time on the Planetside forums and there was a very long period of user complaints that puts even this forum's complaining to shame. Sure I get frustrated that the game isn't being updated quickly, but I know that in time it will probably end up being what I'd like it to be.

This. Just this . For all you out there complaining just read this . And if that doesn't satisfy you then kindly Gtfo and go find another game cuz you can't always get what you want when you want it.

Besides great things take time , regardless of how long it took to get to this point were at now , there should be no complaining considering you were told not to buy the game in its current state. also there are plenty of other games or things to do on this earth so go do that instead of givin yourself tumors from stressing over this game, if you're "such upset" with it or if you think you could make a better game or manage one better then maybe you should make a career in gaming instead of playing and complaining about them . =^O..

Edit : dayz dev tumblr is probly the best place to see what's coming next. (Not necessarily to see what's on the next patch ) . and the "news and announcements" on the forums is best to find patch notes . That might sound obvious But people seem to think whenever a "new experimental" version number shows that the devs have to write a patch notes for it , this is absurd because many updates contain nothing but small fixes , barely even able to be called hot fixes. So when you see new experimental version number out , but no patch notes, know that there is NOTHING NEW on it, don't just assume that this must be a new patch and the devs just don't wanna make new patch notes , c'mon guys ...

Edited by Grapefruit kush

@Grapefruit, What we complaining here it's not the game progress and nor it is the communication it self. honestly what rocket is doing is so appreciated, he just answering almost all the questions about game progress in reddit as long as he have the time for it and not just a single yes or no or 1-2 sentence, he doing it with a great detail and in a really kind and hearty way, i like his style and i like him and the thing he is doing for us. But the main question is, why you do it at reddit when you have an official forum to post stuff in? why not here? Why not make a Q&A topic and just answer the questions in your own forum? People are just sick to gather all information by searching for them at reddit and Twitter. Just look at the suggestion topic which i guess no dev ever seen it yet, and look at rocket answering suggestions with a good quality of details at reddit.

For example this post you read a minuet ago, my question will not get any answer in the official forum from a dev but wanna try reddit? i'm almost sure  i can take a good chat with rocket there ^^

Edited by VahidkinG

Even makers of the ARMA's engine and the game, could not sort out the bugs it has for 13 years.  I don't think the final game will be much different than the mod itself and its varients. (Will be slighlty better overall) but won't fill our expectations.

It took 13 years to  bring a new feature  for BIS called Zeus for ARMA.  Other than, everything almost same rather than gfx,AI,physics updates and new maps. (Which must not be too proud of because we are at 2014)

So, just loose the hype,suck it up and try to enjoy.

What Dean trying  " is fixing all problems and flaws that ARMA engine has for years (Especially ARMA 2) and trying to improve some bits and bobs, but it's utopia. Will take years and never gonna work out prefectly.

Wonder why he didn't pick the  Real Virtuality 4 and work on it instead of taking RV3.  Prolly he thought about low-end pc users, then again optimization is not even good at all for High-end pc users.

I say "put the vehicles/tents/wildlife and drop more clothes in now" leave the rest and forget about the project. We did want Standalone of the MOD to not use the downloaders all the time.And we have the Standalone now anyway :)

• Like 2

I hope the patch takes longer to come out just so all of you lose interest and go away.

You paid 30 dollars for an early access. They could quit making the game now and no crime would be committed. The warnings were literally painted all over the store page basically stating. "Hey, this game is a mess. Like, don't buy it. Wait, why are you buying it? Okay, you can buy it but don't complain when everything's broken."

The trade is completed, nobody has any obligation to talk to anybody here. You are not an alpha tester, you just bought an alpha. You are not an investor. He does not have to keep you updated on the workings of the project.

30 dollars does not make the development team your beau.

Again, you purchased the alpha. You made the decision. Good day.

Oh and if you'd like to try it out in it's unfinished state you can.

• Like 2

I have really no idea where else to ask this, but, any idea when the accelerated time test is supposed to end and when we get more than one public Euro hardcore experimental server?

Edited by Exorade

Hey you never know, we MAY get an updated DevBlog today. Maybe. Here's hoping o_O

Edited by IPMport93
  • Like 1

anyone else on experimental regular, having an issue with character unable to be loaded, and resetting it to new character when servers reset ?

anyone else on experimental regular, having an issue with character unable to be loaded, and resetting it to new character when servers reset ?

Yes, it happens everytime since wednesday (If I remember correctly), and it is known (probably intended?).

There should be a thread about it in general discussion but I wasn't able to find it (I'm on mobile...).

I imagine that this will be changed when a new real experimental version comes out, maybe soon this week.

For anyone reading this that's come here for new info (or to post a complaint!), click here for an update from Dean Hall. He gives out a lot of good info about the project, planned features, and projected timelines. He also addresses some issues if I remember correctly. Also, here is a link to the DayZ blog with weekly updates.

To answer your post LoK, the above video is invaluable in that it shows that the DayZ Dev team is moving forward and looking ahead to produce content that players would want to enjoy. I can't find a link to that anywhere on this forum; same with the tumblr link. I surmise one can get to it through the DevTracker, but at this point it has been long pushed down by many other twitter updates, and the average person will not sift through all of those messages to find something they would consider truly worthwhile. Also, a lot of people won't go googling around for new information; they'll come here with the assumption that all updates they'd care about will be mirrored here, and will be very easy to locate.

All information sources ought to be linked like a web of main sources. If you consider this website a central hub for DayZ, then it should have obvious, permanent links to the other sources. Furthermore, UK's Rezzer presentation by Dean I would consider a kind-of-a-big-thing that should be showcased on the front page. There needs to be movement on pulling the important parts of the DevTracker and making them obvious until their lifetime passes. Lastly, these non-permanent updates can be made more obvious when they are not only pinned but, say, starred, so they stand out from the rest of the permanent pinned topics in the announcements section, like the FAQ.

It's very important to keep the community up to date, I'm sure all agree. But someone needs to be actively pushing around to make sure all PR is handled appropriately, with the goal of maximizing ease of access, and maximizing dissemination of news.

guys, really. no new thing at all ... like I said so far empty promises. 

Wasn't this thread locked yesterday?

Yes.

Sooo did every post critisizing DayZ just get get deleted 

No.

Sooo did every post critisizing DayZ just get get deleted and the thread re-opened? i guess that's one way to solve problems.

I'm just hoping Dean and Hicks are feeling refreshed after their 6 day vacation and ready to get back to working on the next update.

If they keep us as updated about DayZ from now on as much as they have about PAX then ill be a happy guy.

You do know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Just in case you have not bothered to read the Rules, for which you are now given the opportunity every time you make a post I will just leave this here.

3) Off-topic posts:
Any posts that are not relevant to the thread are considered spam.

The Rules...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153786-forum-rules-roles-and-guidelines/#entry1542144