Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I wonder if the people complaining realized that a lot of us followed the development of standalone for a FULL year before the game was even released as alpha.

Every conversation and argument that you're making was literally made one hundred times before the game even came out.

Do you play any other alphas? I've been playing Project Zomboid, Kerbal Space Program, Space Engineers, and a few others. DayZ is updated more than ANY of them. ANY.

Find something else to do with your time besides coming on here to complain. It accomplishes nothing. 

Good day, see you in a month.

• Like 1

As much as I adore DayZ and have since the mod days, I've struggled to cope with the standalone. Shitty controls, bad optimzation, glitcher's and hacker's, etc. 

Yes, the game is in alpha, yes the game is far from complete. But I don't understand how the game just keeps getting worse and worse with every single fucking update. Oh and the rate of the updates.. are absolutely appalling. How long has it been since the last update? Not to mention, was that update even worth it? HELL NO! 0.42/43 was the worst shitty update EVER.

DayZ is severely lacking content, The progression of the game is becoming very slow. I've just got that feeling that, Dean has given up already and that now he's earned his bazillion amounts of money, he's done. Especially with H1Z1 coming out by a big triple A company who can push updates out out their ass 24/7 and look to have a terrific dev team who are interacting alot more with the community than Dean does.

We all know, Dean doesn't care about us or other 'killer' games coming out, he only cares about himself and that's how it's always been. But we'll see when H1Z1 comes out and you lose half of your players (including me), we'll see.

Put your butt into 6th gear and show us why DayZ is the best survival game out there. DayZ for me, is the best survival game out there atm, but I doubt it will remain that way once Sony release their game. You can say "oh it's another WarZ" but I beg to differ. SOE are a massive multi $$$ company. they have the dollar and they also have way more experience, just look at Planetside 2.

Edited by Bob Stookey
  • Like 4

Do you play any other alphas? I've been playing Project Zomboid, Kerbal Space Program, Space Engineers, and a few others. DayZ is updated more than ANY of them. ANY.

Updated more than Space engineers? HA! your funny. Go count those updates, and the time between them and come back and tell me that again. I'll wait. No, i wont here ill do it for you 

04/10/2014

Update 01.025 has been released.

04/03/2014

Update 01.024 has been released. 

03/27/2014

Update 01.023 has been released.

03/24/2014

Two key-milestones in the development of Space Engineers have been achieved: Survival mode and Multi-player...

03/20/2014

Update 01.022 has been released. 

03/13/2014

Update 01.021.024 has been released

03/03/2014

Update 01.020.005 has been released.

Update 01.023 has been released.

Thats one month. So what BS were youtrying to spread again? 

Edited by RustyBlade
  • Like 1

I wonder if the people complaining realized that a lot of us followed the development of standalone for a FULL year before the game was even released as alpha.

Every conversation and argument that you're making was literally made one hundred times before the game even came out.

Find something else to do with your time besides coming on here to complain. It accomplishes nothing. 

Good day, see you in a month.

Space Engineers get's updated more than DayZ you tool.

You're clearly just bigging up DayZ.

Edited by rexx222

Space Engineers get's updated more than DayZ you tool.

Your clearly just bigging up DayZ.

Yup, i just posted the updates that they did on one month. Riding Jock doesnt help development Dr. Goner. I dont think your really a doctor, cause you wou;ld know creating scenarios in your head and playing into them isnt healthy.

• Like 1

certainly not trying to start yesterdays fiasco over again, but had these solutions been in your original post and presented with this methodology i would've never said anything. i completely agree with this post. beans for you...

I appreciate your ability to adjust your response when my own also changes. Although I had made most if not all of those points in previous posts, I admit that my irritation with things clouded the way I was trying to get that across.

And to anyone who is upset about swearing on this forum...is that really a big deal? I think this forum allows it, so honestly I think you will have to allow for it as well. In my world, a few good swears can more accurately convey a message than a paragraph of text...

And to anyone who is upset about swearing on this forum...is that really a big deal? I think this forum allows it, so honestly I think you will have to allow for it as well. In my world, a few good swears can more accurately convey a message than a paragraph of text...

Ball's, shit and wank...

Oh yer, I feel much better now... :)

I feel a ban coming... :)

Edited by PILLPOPPER

And to anyone who is upset about swearing on this forum...is that really a big deal? I think this forum allows it, so honestly I think you will have to allow for it as well.

It doesn't upset me, it's just a very poor way of conveying a message. Also shows quite a childish outlook. Constructive posts will nearly always get more attention that those where someone is just acting a tool. 

*post edited  
Edited by leviaxxan
  • Like 1

It doesn't upset me, it's just a very poor way of conveying a message. Also shows quite a childish outlook. Constructive posts will nearly always get more attention that those where someone is just acting a tool. 

What a sad little world you must live in then.

How condescending of you. If swearing is banned in your world, I really think you have a lot to learn about life, my friend.

"My swearing doesn't mean any more to me than your sermons do to you."

- comment made to Rev. Joe Twichell, quoted in Mark Twain and Hawaii, by Walter Francis Frear

Where has I said swearing is bannedin my world? What I have said is that I prefer to convey a message without resorting to petty exchanges that a pre-teen could get involved in. If the situation calls for it, then yeah, swear your fucking heart out.

Anyway, going completely off-topic here. Sorry mods.

Edited by leviaxxan

Is anyone watching this DayZ twitch stream from PAX? if this trip is for publicity Dean has really failed. Literally just shown a newbie run around in the woods, not 1 other player, not one zombie, not one piece of loot. Dean had to get him to rip up his t-shirt for bandages to show some action. Im just waiting for him to announce an update that wont happen next week. Now they are talking about other games.

What mods? Thats what people are bitching about. Wheres the mod to clear up the confusion and regulate this thread?

Its over now, ended at 12 30pm my time, EST

Didn't miss anything at all, Dean did get asked about the next update but he just beat about the bush as usual

Typical lol. I really hope that they keep up with the wave of games by big publishers. I love me some Dayz, but c'mon.

• Like 1

As much as I adore DayZ and have since the mod days, I've struggled to cope with the standalone. Shitty controls, bad optimzation, glitcher's and hacker's, etc. 

Yes, the game is in alpha, yes the game is far from complete. But I don't understand how the game just keeps getting worse and worse with every single fucking update. Oh and the rate of the updates.. are absolutely appalling. How long has it been since the last update? Not to mention, was that update even worth it? HELL NO! 0.42/43 was the worst shitty update EVER.

DayZ is severely lacking content, The progression of the game is becoming very slow. I've just got that feeling that, Dean has given up already and that now he's earned his bazillion amounts of money, he's done. Especially with H1Z1 coming out by a big triple A company who can push updates out out their ass 24/7 and look to have a terrific dev team who are interacting alot more with the community than Dean does.

We all know, Dean doesn't care about us or other 'killer' games coming out, he only cares about himself and that's how it's always been. But we'll see when H1Z1 comes out and you lose half of your players (including me), we'll see.

Put your butt into 6th gear and show us why DayZ is the best survival game out there. DayZ for me, is the best survival game out there atm, but I doubt it will remain that way once Sony release their game. You can say "oh it's another WarZ" but I beg to differ. SOE are a massive multi $$$ company. they have the dollar and they also have way more experience, just look at Planetside 2.

Yeah, I don't think a triple A company has ever pushed out a shitty game or let people down with unoriginal, disappointing games. Thank god they're coming in.

Rocket said that he will update the devblog while he's there (source reddit).

Chris Torchia is only giving this statement visibility, he's not trolling.

If you want to watch the PAX East 2014 stream of Dean Hall talking about DayZ here's the link...

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/518912409

It starts at 01:57:45 / 03:30:07. Starts off with a pretty epic intro!

Thanks for the link.

Pretty much summed up as demonstrating the "walking simulator" aspect of the alpha right now. Misc. comments on plans, new staff, etc. everything we have heard already, all with the overly-positive reaction of the interviewer. The intro movie really does not reflect actual game play at all, as it currently stands.

Positively cringe-worthy. It could have been worse. The game might not have loaded.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link.

Pretty much summed up as demonstrating the "walking simulator" aspect of the alpha right now. Misc. comments on plans, new staff, etc. everything we have heard already, all with the overly-positive reaction of the interviewer. The intro movie really does not reflect actual game play at all, as it currently stands.

Positively cringe-worthy. It could have been worse. The game might not have loaded.

Since the early days of the mod, DayZ has ALWAYS been a running/walking simulator.

EDIT: And I say that as a positive thing.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 1

Haha, we will see if he is trolling or not. My advice: don't hold your breath.

By the beard of Zeus, I cannot stand to see that "source reddit" note...I wish Dean wasn't such a god damn hipster. Update your own forum, shortcake!

I agree, I hate reddit. I just wanted to point out that if someone is trolling, than that one is not the poor Chris Torchia ;)

I'm not holding my breath anyway, I doubt that we'll see epic announcements on the devblog, just a rewriting of the last two ones.

• Like 3

But I think we can agree that's not ALL it is, and in fact the game play comes from almost any other aspect. To only demonstrate walking around in the game, publicized the way this PAX bit is, is a little weak, don't you think?

Could care less what happens at PAX. Almost 2 million people have bought the game and all the new players that come will be from word of mouth (us) and youtubers who play the game more and more as it develops. I'd imagine it would be hard to show DayZ in any way in these demos. Would it be fair to show a geared character running around fighting? People new to the game would be pissed to get on and barely even be able to make it city to city and wondering why the fuck all they get to do is run through forests and fields.