rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

They are refering to the weekly report. the report says jack about releasing it tomorrow. fanboy phantasms

Actualy the article does mention a update tomorow and mostly mentioned some things from the report. but i highly doubt that there will be a update tomorow.

They have been working on zombies. They have a whole team devoted to it now. It says so right in the article you linked to.

I meant in which fase..

Before pushing new stable or experimental with number 0.42 they must fix zombies. Todays at 7-8am before "shutdown", played about half hour and what i saw was a zombies hasnt any agro, and they not attacking, just walking ,sometimes screaming in your direction , thats all.

anyway nice light and gfx improvement dev team do in a latest experimental, nice work. It seems games and overall gfx runs more smoothly. In Elektro City around ~30fps with my i7 2600k 3.8Ghz, GTX 650 Ti Boost (all textures v.high, Objects very high, antialiasing very high) is a nice result.

Before pushing new stable or experimental with number 0.42 they must fix zombies. Todays at 7-8am before "shutdown", played about half hour and what i saw was a zombies hasnt any agro, and they not attacking, just walking ,sometimes screaming in your direction , thats all.

anyway nice light and gfx improvement dev team do in a latest experimental, nice work. It seems games and overall gfx runs more smoothly. In Elektro City around ~30fps with my i7 2600k 3.8Ghz, GTX 650 Ti Boost (all textures v.high, Objects very high, antialiasing very high) is a nice result.

I did notice that my framerate is really high, which is nice. When alpha first came out it sounded like like my computer tower was preparing for liftoff.

Heh... far from fixed... People still hop like crazy at the air strips. And you can still set your clock by how they show up. They don't care about a respawn timer... they'll hop until they find what they want.

That's the one fundamental flaw in this whole DayZ hive system actually. That is why making tents and bases and trying to secure them is pointless. Unless the bases are persistent across the hive it won't matter. After enemies have found your base, they'll hop onto another server, walk into the approximate open area of your base on the non-base-containing server, and will just go back to the server your base is on and they've circumvented the sandbags, barbed wire, bear traps, etc and will have free reign of the base.

And if they make bases persistent across the entire hive, it'll just mean that you're going to be walking across a sea of bases... best option in this case is a private hive and play on that.

That's the only solution for hoppers, farmers, arsehats, etc... whatever you want to call them.

Maybe they should just make characters server specific? So every time you join a new server you spawn fresh?

Anywho..

I'm glad to hear physics are coming along. They will enable rag doll, which in turn will allow dragging bodies, which is one of the most anticipated things for me.

• Like 5

Maybe they should just make characters server specific? So every time you join a new server you spawn fresh?

Anywho..

I'm glad to hear physics are coming along. They will enable rag doll, which in turn will allow dragging bodies, which is one of the most anticipated things for me.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

Quote from todays weekly report: [...]These are being solved now and we expect to be trying some of those performance optimizations on the central server this Wednesday.[...]

This doesn't have to mean anything. Because they just expect it to happen. Could still not happen at all.

Though we will see it tomorrow.

New experimental would be nice.

A new Stable would be awesome.

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 2

Anywho..

You know... honestly when I first heard of the hive system I thought it was kind of cool... however... when you really think about it... What is the benefit of having a hive based system? So you can join another server and have all your stuff...? Well with that comes the irrelevance of bases/barricading.The farming of items will pretty much subside once item spawning has been implemented properly. But having a base that you spend HOURS/DAYS barricading becomes irrelevant with the hive unless the bases are persistent. And the same applies to vehicles really...

Really, the hive should be micro-hives. A host, such as vilayer or gameservers.com should have their own hive. Owners and operators of of their own hardware should probably be on their own hive as well. And really... I guess that's the way it was with the mod anyways, on a small scale. But having most general registered servers on a giant hive... I just don't see that being bandwidth and I/O smart... and they're already seeing that in testing.

Not ranting or raving... just an opinion and am very curious how they're going to implement bases across a hive without making barricading irrelevant.

Edited by sniperdoc

No experimental servers in this moment? I cant play

I can't find any US experimental server, but I have UK and EU experimental on my server list so while I wait to get back my 2 other characters on the US ones (regular and hardcore), I started 2 other ones.

From Reddit post and youtube video : 

Damage changes:

7.62x39mm SKS : +5.5%

12 Gauge Pallets: -25%

9mm: +16.67%

.22 Cal: +25%

Accuracy changes:

CQB Buttstock M4: -20%

Plastic Handguard M4: -10%

RIS Handguard M4: -10%

Features:

Sawedoff Blaze92

Long Range Scope for Ruger1022

is this true ?

Edited by Ret_Conrad

I can't find any US experimental server, but I have UK and EU experimental on my server list so while I wait to get back my 2 other characters on the US ones (regular and hardcore), I started 2 other ones.

hrm do ya think our characters will come back? I mean that would be awesome n all but I aint holdin my breath for it.

From Reddit post and youtube video : 

Damage changes:

7.62x39mm SKS : +5.5%

12 Gauge Pallets: -25%

9mm: +16.67%

.22 Cal: +25%

Accuracy changes:

CQB Buttstock M4: -20%

Plastic Handguard M4: -10%

RIS Handguard M4: -10%

Features:

Sawedoff Blaze92

Long Range Scope for Ruger1022

is this true ?

Sounds legit, but don't know.

hrm do ya think our characters will come back? I mean that would be awesome n all but I aint holdin my breath for it.

I think so. I thought they wiped them on Wednesdays but I still have my character from the first experimental branch  0.31.114500. I went back to stable after "exploring" it and gave most of my items to another survivor I met, but 2 weeks later I came back since they added new features and I still had my old character. He's still alive in 0.42.116146.

experimental Client is 116146 servers are 116181

Shows that they are green but on connect - bad version.  

I'm bringing about 20 experimental servers online, and then pushing a small update to experimental. No changelog, as it is late.

in the small update

A new city

Edited by sYs

What are the new locations?

Close to ship and on edges of Electro.

YUMMIE...

Potatoes & Tomatoes!

Gonna slice them with tha new sickle.

Edited by Guest