rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

i must say something to the devs, dean hall published end of 2013 a road map where respawnable loot and zombies would come in early 2014, so for me early 2014 is over and nothing is there, only paintable guns and other useless thinks nobodey really needs.

so why you dont work on the loot and zombies ? it cant be that they see you over so long distances and then run through buildings and thinks like that.

Your first priority should be to fix these things, because only this things are the key for a perfect gaming expierince, nobodey needs 20 weapons in alpha, we only need respawnable loot und zombies but not the actuall zombies, and something against the hoppers, they hop all the day until they have their perfect equipment and then the go hunting on others, so this cant be it.

so dean and all of your dev team you have to bring this things in, or i think dayz will be a flop like warz and this would be horrible.

Hoppers have been fixed some time ago, respawning loot and zombies are there to some extand and the roadmap have been slightly changed after they had to work thier balls off on a gamebreaking bug. New roadmap can be found here: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/79960438354/weekly-report-a-step-into-survival

But i agree its slightly unclear when they are going to focus on zombies. Maybe during the survival combat fase? but I would love to get some clearity about this.

• Like 1

I really dont know wat you guys are having problems with i can find exp easily, heaps o servers, goodnight everyone

I have added all exp servers guys, they all are down except one DayZ Dev 123, where sometimes guys probably from dev team joins :)

EuhnMcA.png

that's the version we downloaded yesterday, isn't it? experimentals yesterday had the same version on it.

No, yesterdays version is .116146

Wasn't that fixed in 036.branch?!

Maybe you're right. I haven't used one in a while. It should be fixed on experimental, but hasn't been deployed to stable yet. I might just be mixing up experiences from the two.

Maybe you're right. I haven't used one in a while. It should be fixed on experimental, but hasn't been deployed to stable yet. I might just be mixing up experiences from the two.

haha, know what ya sayin.

I have added all exp servers guys, they all are down except one DayZ Dev 123, where sometimes guys probably from dev team joins :)

would you mind uploading your serverbrowser.vdf - so we can get that serverlist`? ...\steam\config

I actually am pretty happy with the dev team! I love what they are doing! But i realy want this next Update the Tumbler Post from 3 hours ago makes me go crazy! I want all this stuff! i'm so greedy! XD

Well i wish all you fellow survivors a good day! hopefully we get our exp. servers back soon!

• Like 1

Lizzie killed Mika, Carol shot Lizzie in the head from behind.

are experimental servers down?

It seems that the respawn still encounters some problems. The Desync was awfull on the latest version. In full running you where beamed back for 100m several times.

I switched to non-experimental 2 days ago. Could only find 2 regular and 2 hardcore servers on experimental. (How can I find all the experimental servers in steam?) Connection to regulars always failed. On hardcore servers I ran from Berezino to Mogilevka without finding any loot. I can arramge myself with serious buggs but this was not playable anymore.

They shut the experimental branch down to fix the issues, I assume. Hope they come along quickly. Non-experimental sucks.

English is a foreign language for me. Hope it s not too awfull to read. :)

It seems that the respawn still encounters some problems. The Desync was awfull on the latest version. In full running you where beamed back for 100m several times.

I switched to non-experimental 2 days ago. Could only find 2 regular and 2 hardcore servers on experimental. (How can I find all the experimental servers in steam?) Connection to regulars always failed. On hardcore servers I ran from Berezino to Mogilevka without finding any loot. I can arramge myself with serious buggs but this was not playable anymore.

They shut the experimental branch down to fix the issues, I assume. Hope they come along quickly. Non-experimental sucks.

English is a foreign language for me. Hope it s not too awfull to read. :)

I hope experimental is back up by the time I wake up again. Stable sucks indeed. Also your English is perfect and better than a lot of people who primarily speak English hahaha.

You're welcome.  :P

Well... just one person isn't really a good demographic now... is it... :P xD

• Like 1

Like I said, this issue is known and is being fixed at the moment. The thing is that your character is actually not dead when this happens. That is why the respawn button is not available. You can try logging in and waiting until you starve to death, the button will become available then. This is what a few people confirmed to be a workaround. 

This should be listed as a resolution/work--around someplace...

haha, know what ya sayin.

would you mind uploading your serverbrowser.vdf - so we can get that serverlist`? ...\steam\config

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ag66d5

I found this in folder ...Steam\userdata\xxxx(x=number)\x(x=number)  <- dont know what numbers are in yours steam folder.

cheers

• Like 2

I suggest you all asking for ETAs or growing impatient to focus on another game while this is fixed.

Works for me atleast.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ag66d5

I found this in folder ...Steam\userdata\xxxx(x=number)\x(x=number)  <- dont know what numbers are in yours steam folder.

cheers

Thank you for this, noob question, how do I use that on Steam?

Cheers!

EDIT: Favorites hehe, thanks!

Edited by Carlosdmc
  • Like 1

Hoppers have been fixed some time ago

Heh... far from fixed... People still hop like crazy at the air strips. And you can still set your clock by how they show up. They don't care about a respawn timer... they'll hop until they find what they want.

That's the one fundamental flaw in this whole DayZ hive system actually. That is why making tents and bases and trying to secure them is pointless. Unless the bases are persistent across the hive it won't matter. After enemies have found your base, they'll hop onto another server, walk into the approximate open area of your base on the non-base-containing server, and will just go back to the server your base is on and they've circumvented the sandbags, barbed wire, bear traps, etc and will have free reign of the base.

And if they make bases persistent across the entire hive, it'll just mean that you're going to be walking across a sea of bases... best option in this case is a private hive and play on that.

That's the only solution for hoppers, farmers, arsehats, etc... whatever you want to call them.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 7

Eperimentals are up or down?

It seems like they are both up and down to be honest.. some people see them and some don't.

But i agree its slightly unclear when they are going to focus on zombies. Maybe during the survival combat fase? but I would love to get some clearity about this.

We now have an entire team, based in Bratislava, that are working on animals, collisions, and zombie pathfinding. This is a longer term task as it will require new thinking and new ways to fix the problem. We’re excited to see what the team can bring in the coming months.

They have been working on zombies. They have a whole team devoted to it now. It says so right in the article you linked to.