rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

There are zombies in this game?...

...on experimental?

Brb opting for beta to check it out!

Have to agree with the guy you quoted.

Still haven´t died cause of zombies(even on 0.37 experimental) but as they are, they are more annoying then they have been in decreased numbers.

Was able to loot the NWAF yesterday alone after a server restart and it was absolutely not fun.

They see you through walls(and still run through), bring all their friends with, even if those zombies are out of sight and hundreds of metres away etc.. . I managed to loot the first 5 Hangars and killed plently of zombies till then. As soon as i arrive the firestation some zombies have been respawned and were running into the firehouse on my location.

I felt like i killed 1 million zombies and not the fun way. I used melee half the way but I had to stop because killing them without bleeding can be impossible since this patch. Sometimes they hit me from 5 metres, when I couldn´t get any hits from even 1 metre(try yourself if you think I´m not skilled enough).

Zombies are an important task to this game. When the SA came out I thought it would be enough for quite some time if the zombie count was increased and they would respawn. Now I think completely the other way around. Less zombies with a better AI first would make this much more playable and interesting.

I tried to be sneaky and take them out from behind and what not. But there is no regular working way. Even at night when I was laying down 200 metres away without moving or anything, the complete Krasnostav Zombiegang attacked me after the first 1 was running into my direction. :(

Edited by deewd22
  • Like 4

So I decided I was going to run around in the experimental this weekend and enjoy some of the new perks they are implementing, but I noticed that the server times were static, I played several hours over the course of the weekend and the one server in Dallas I noticed was locked at 10:40 for server time the entire weekend, and several others appeared to follow suit, no movement in time on the server browser.  On top of that, the in game times did not reflect the server times, spawning on a server with a time of 9:45 and it is pitch black.

Just wondering if anyone else encountered this over the weekend.  I did not notice a bug report, and I want to see if anyone else noticed this or not before I go and start one

I didn't notice any time problems on the servers back here in England

I didn't notice any time problems on the servers back here in England

Thanks for the response, I was having a hell of a time connecting etc, so may have been an issue on my end only, hence why I didn't want to start a bug report if it is not a systemic issue

Still haven´t died cause of zombies(even on 0.37 experimental) but as they are, they are more annoying then they have been in decreased numbers.

Was able to loot the NWAF yesterday alone after a server restart and it was absolutely not fun.

They see you through walls(and still run through), bring all their friends with, even if those zombies are out of sight and hundreds of metres away etc.. . I managed to loot the first 5 Hangars and killed plently of zombies till then. As soon as i arrive the firestation some zombies have been respawned and were running into the firehouse on my location.

I felt like i killed 1 million zombies and not the fun way. I used melee half the way but I had to stop because killing them without bleeding can be impossible since this patch. Sometimes they hit me from 5 metres, when I couldn´t get any hits from even 1 metre(try yourself if you think I´m not skilled enough).

Zombies are an important task to this game. When the SA came out I thought it would be enough for quite some time if the zombie count was increased and they would respawn. Now I think completely the other way around. Less zombies with a better AI first would make this much more playable and interesting.

I tried to be sneaky and take them out from behind and what not. But there is no regular working way. Even at night when I was laying down 200 metres away without moving or anything, the complete Krasnostav Zombiegang attacked me after the first 1 was running into my direction. :(

Yeah, I have to agree, these Zeds have super sight and hearing evidently. I seen a spec in far off distance in a rain storm...and lo and behold, its a zed racing towards me, that saw me crouched near a tree 2 miles away. (slight exaggeration, be he was barely even to be seen). I did get one shot killed by one yesterday as well. I don't have a issue with that per say, but I had hit it with a fire axe and it one shot me as it died...I was like W T H !!!!. Maybe its because you have to have raised weapon now that makes them difficult to hit, or its just not registering the hit correctly.

My biggest gripe is all the eating, weapon loading, and zombie sounds when there are no Zeds or players even around. They happen so often, it makes one complacent, and when someone actually is near, I never seem to hear them ...   go figure.

Sounds like someone is butt hurt they cant loot and KOS in peace without Zombies attacking (annoying) them. 

I for one welcome the change as a small and I mean VERY small step in the right direction. I have been killed 2 times by zombies on exp. I am a DayZ vet. 

Bled out once, mobbed another time with legs broken. It can only get better. I am so tired of everyone calling zombies annoying. To those people, when do you draw the line between annoying and a threat?? Because even when they are a threat they are annoying. 

• Like 1

Is bullets hitting the ground while prone fixed in this patch?

• Like 1

Loving everything about 0.37, Seem to be getting wet a lot, finally a reason to change clothes :) 

I'm liking the zombies too, seem to be more of a threat. keeping me on my toes that's for sure.

Keep up the good work DEVS, going great guns ;D

Question about Rain/getting wet.

I understand that this has no "impact" at the moment. But how are we supposed to get dry ? I was running about/also indoors and I was permanantly soaked.

Question about Rain/getting wet.

I understand that this has no "impact" at the moment. But how are we supposed to get dry ? I was running about/also indoors and I was permanantly soaked.

Change clothes, fireplaces, maybe they introduce towels or something.

Running around when it isn't raining also seems to work. Will be interesting to see if they implement getting wet by sweating

• Like 1

zombies do literally make you bleed one hit every time now but because of how since animation change the axe doesnt register as good now you often get hit after even killing said zombie.

so chop chop zombie dies you here thud as it drops you bleeding. quite annoying. hopefully animations trimmed and tightened up soon. the way the simple axe regitered before the animation change is how it should be.

when will the patch for the game can not wait?:) not for an experimental.

should be tomorrow on live. im more interested in next patch for experimental is that going to replace the one thats going on live tomorrow really want to test phsyics B)

• Like 1

Lots more zombies in the current experimental, fun! But they seem to spawn in groups of 2-4 and immediately head towards the nearest player. I've explored villages that were completely empty, only to have three zeds corner me and beat me to death. This is mainly because, with the new melee combat system, there's no way to actually hit anything. You ready your ax, swing it, and miss. It doesn't seem to matter where you aim, it's completely random chance whether you hit a zombie or not, but you generally miss. Meanwhile the zeds hit you even when facing away from you, when on the floor below you or on the other side of a wall. Or all of the above.

I really like the idea of more, and more dangerous, zombies. But this implementation is just strange, random and annoying. You can't sneak past them, because they don't even exist to begin with. And once they DO spawn, they seem to know where you are and come running through walls, bushes, trees and what have you. And then you can't fight back, because your melee weapons seem to all have a maximum reach of about 5cm. Not a change for the better, I'm afraid. 

Edited by Rickenbacker
  • Like 2

Anyone else notice it sais in steam experimental next to dayz if your in the betas thing

• Like 1

I know that it has been discussed, but can anyone confirm that this is a real bug and would be fixed some day?

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=28#bugnotes

I know, you will say it is about balance, you should not be able to see a player that is hiding in grass even with very low object details, but the way it is now it is exaggerated. I am able to see a person standing up in grass from 350 meters away using High Object details and when I change to very low, the person is disappearing almost completely.

Objects Details Very Low greatly improves performance (5 - 10 fps). We need this please without loosing the ability to see players 300 meters away.

Anyone else notice it sais in steam experimental next to dayz if your in the betas thing

That's probably because you have the experimental version installed? 

I know that it has been discussed, but can anyone confirm that this is a real bug and would be fixed some day?

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=28#bugnotes

I know, you will say it is about balance, you should not be able to see a player that is hiding in grass even with very low object details, but the way it is now it is exaggerated. I am able to see a person standing up in grass from 350 meters away using High Object details and when I change to very low, the person is disappearing almost completely.

Objects Details Very Low greatly improves performance (5 - 10 fps). We need this please without loosing the ability to see players 300 meters away.

most games have this its normal not a bug. render distance

most games have this its normal not a bug. render distance

I understand what you are saying, but here in DayZ we have a configuration file where we can set viewDistance and prefferedObjectViewDistance. In game setting - Objects Details translates to SceneComplexity in the configuration file. The bug is related to SceneComplexity here. viewDistance is the distance at which fog appears and you cannot see mountains and prefferedObjectViewDistance is the distance at which all objects: buildings, trees, players are drawn. I see here a problem with SceneComplexity because this affects the rendering of the player: only gun and helmet.

I must admit surely it would be better to fix the current zombies rather than adding to the problem by making more. I question whether zombies clipping through everything will ever be fixed! in my opinion i think it needs to be fixed before any cooking/physics/vehicles/clothing/painting/zombies are added.

• Like 1

I must admit surely it would be better to fix the current zombies rather than adding to the problem by making more. I question whether zombies clipping through everything will ever be fixed! in my opinion i think it needs to be fixed before any cooking/physics/vehicles/clothing/painting/zombies are added.

Zombie clipping is a major problem and abeit, one the devs are working on every day trying to fix butninstead of dean getting the artists, the animators, the map designers and so on to work on something they wouldnt have the first clue about they work on stuff in there department and leave the zombies to a crack team of coding ninjas to figure out! You get it now?

ITS A VERY HARD BUG TO FIX THAT THEY ARE CONSTANTLY WORKING ON.

Why the fuck is so dark in London at 17:00 PM?
Admins, turn on the light pls :D

40021408_1137819_1137819.png

* UK server at ~17.00 PM

I've a quick question, is there anyway of knowing when the experimental stuff will be pushed to live. Is it scheduled somewhere, is there a pre-announce thread or does it just happen when it's ready?