rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Rust doesn't allow you to increase gamma and they have day and night cycles.  You actually have to run around with a torch or you can run without it and have the chance of running into something bad like an animal etc...

just sayin'. 

You should be able to hack a bit on a tree and get sticks from it since we can already chop down some of the bushes.

Maybe it should give an option when you use an axe on trees

Firewood

Sticks

Cancel

• Like 3

Anyone else finding pistols very rare.  I've not found one is ages.  Rifles everywhere..  I'm tripping over pistol ammo, it's everywhere!

• Like 1

Have you ever been outside at night? Outside of a city, far from light pollution?

If not, you won't probably believe it, but... YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE.

Why? 1.: your eyes adapt to the darkness and 2.: even the slightest moonlight provides enough lighting so that you can see stuff around you.

While in DayZ, the night (without adjusted gamma, brightness and clouds) is simply black. So before you start with locking people's game settings by your standards to make it "real", as some put it, you gotta fix things that actually ARE unreal.

Yeah... The night as it is currently in this game is absolutely not realistic. DayZ SA makes it seem like you're completely blind at night, which is complete bogus. Even if the moon isn't out, you can still navigate. As a matter of fact, the longer and farther away you are from light sources, the better your night vision gets. If you're removed from any light sources for a long time, then just a little bit of moonlight can actually make it seem like the area around you is glowing.

Since the game does use adaptive lighting (to simulate biological night vision), maybe they could make it that if a light source gets shined in your eyes, you do go night blind for a few secs/mins? They could make it so it really is pitch black for a few mins, but after 10 - 20 minutes without light, a person should be good to go on a moonless night.

Only just noticed you can lick batteries to test how much power they have (sounds & looks like you eat it though).

Is that new?

Also catching rain in bottles and Canteens is cool.

Please fix poisoning of food and water. Spraying disinfectant into water bottles or on bananas and apples does nothing. You can't even fill a water bottle with alcohol tincture. I am disappoint.

Also add the ability to use syringes on disinfectant, and then inject it into oranges and people. And add antifreeze and let us do the same with that.

Ethylene glycol (antifreeze) is colourless, odorless, and slightly sweet. Poisoning leads to intoxication and vomiting, followed by metabolic acidosis, cardiovascular dysfunction, and finally acute kidney failure. It can be treated by intravenous ethanol solutions (syringe+alcohol tincture+IV), or by consuming strong alcohol over a period of time. (add bottle of vodka)

• Like 2

Night time is awesome now, you just need to put HDR on atleast low(not very low) to make it playable.

My girlfriend and me are always the only ones on the night servers. But when we arrive a hot spot like any militarybase it has been looted -.- .

Get some skills up!!

Edited by deewd22
  • Like 1

Muuuch Lower FPS since last experimental update?

Me and 2 friends noticed a significant drop of FPS in the lastest experimental update. (since 2-3 days). Basicly in towns like electro its nearly unplayable right now. In the experimental version before (the last 2 weeks around), we had way better fps then even in stable.

To sum it up:

stable: FPS are not perfect but OK

experimental before the latest update: FPS were very good -

experimantal now (since 2 or 3 days): FPS are very low, partitially nearly unplayable

Anyone else noticing the same issue? Is this because of the new zombie spawn?

Me and 2 friends noticed a significant drop of FPS in the lastest experimental update. (since 2-3 days). Basicly in towns like electro its nearly unplayable right now. In the experimental version before (the last 2 weeks around), we had way better fps then even in stable.

To sum it up:

experimantal now (since 2 or 3 days): FPS are very low, partitially nearly unplayable

Yes, same here. I´m sure it has something to do with the bandwith usage. My bandwith usage is way higher then on stable branch. (And my internet connection is the best you can get(my computer not :D).

Edited by deewd22

Only just noticed you can lick batteries to test how much power they have (sounds & looks like you eat it though).

Is that new?

Also catching rain in bottles and Canteens is cool.

Its been like that since day 1

Yeah... The night as it is currently in this game is absolutely not realistic. DayZ SA makes it seem like you're completely blind at night, which is complete bogus. Even if the moon isn't out, you can still navigate. As a matter of fact, the longer and farther away you are from light sources, the better your night vision gets. If you're removed from any light sources for a long time, then just a little bit of moonlight can actually make it seem like the area around you is glowing.

Since the game does use adaptive lighting (to simulate biological night vision), maybe they could make it that if a light source gets shined in your eyes, you do go night blind for a few secs/mins? They could make it so it really is pitch black for a few mins, but after 10 - 20 minutes without light, a person should be good to go on a moonless night.

Hmm... I acutally experienced pitch black nights.

You are right, with the moon up in an open field, you adapt very quickly and moving confidently. Even with no moon up it´s alright and you adapt.

But did you ever find yourself in a forest, overcast sky with a new moon? Boy that's dark. So dark it makes you reach out every step in fear to hit a tree.

It´s all about the surroundings. While there is virtually no night in cities, a forest can be very different, depending on weather and moon phase.

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 1

Yes, same here. I´m sure it has something to do with the bandwith usage. My bandwith usage is way higher then on stable branch. (And my internet connection is the best you can get(my computer not :D).

What should bandwith has to do with fps?

I rather think its the zombies, or some items / texuture which brings it down to this unplayable levels.

When are you fixing sounds? There hasn't been any mention about this problem anywhere in a long time.

We got:

- Random sounds (stacking ammo, eating, drinking, reloading)

- Rabbits making zombie sounds

- Weapon sounds, sometimes too loud and sometimes you can't even hear a person who is right next to you taking a shot

- Silencers still not altering weapon sounds

What is the status on these?

• Like 4

When are you fixing sounds? There hasn't been any mention about this problem anywhere in a long time.

We got:

- Weapon sounds, sometimes too loud and sometimes you can't even hear a person who is right next to you taking a shot

Exactly, and the crazy ear-ripping sound when you log in/spawn. I personally haven't experienced it, as I keep my volume down, but my friends say they always get it.

• Like 1

Exactly, and the crazy ear-ripping sound when you log in/spawn. I personally haven't experienced it, as I keep my volume down, but my friends say they always get it.

Oh yea forgot about that one, but I think it is specific to the Revolver.

Oh yea forgot about that one, but I think it is specific to the Revolver.

Nope, happens to me often. Especially if I spawn near the ship

To sum it up:

Weird? I have gained like 5 to 10 fps since the update.

Ive gone from 12 to 17fps in cities to 20 to 30fps in cites.

It's been fucking amazing!

• Like 4

Nice to see ongoing development at a good pace, can't wait for next stable update. :) Also looking forward to the fix of FPS in cities. Good job!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Lets fix the weapon attachments disappearing in 3rd person.

Also this

We got:

Nice to see ongoing development at a good pace, can't wait for next stable update. :) Also looking forward to the fix of FPS in cities. Good job!  :thumbsup:

I completely agree Have some beans. Great development, need more FPS! But still love the game!

• Like 1

Is there actually any "space" to make FPS better ? For example in Rust you could disable grass and that didnt make disadvantage as it's lowering visibility in DayZ and working in config and so on. Now that did update on SKY which will be rendered faster and FPS boost is there. In DayZ I dont see how will day optimize cities and make FPS higher. I bought i7 4770k and to be honest I really do enjoy in gameplay but I feel sorry for my friends now who cant play smooth as me.

Edited by dsR_

This has to be my favorite experimental patch so far. Female panting noises when running, leather jackets, cool boonie hats, and a slight performance increase. \o/

• Like 2

Speaking of sounds, why am I hearing eating , ammo chambering, and zombie sounds as ambient sounds? These shouldn't happen unless there is someone or a zombie actually near.

And I'm also looking forward to the suppressors working.

But that said, I'm excited how this game is progressing.