rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Experimental hardcore server yesterday rained all flippin day. I was hiding under a tree at one point to avoid getting soaked.

IRL my girlfriend was asking me to go to the shops for milk and when I said I had to wait for the rain to stop (in game) you should have seen her face :lol:

• Like 3

Experimental hardcore server yesterday rained all flippin day. I was hiding under a tree at one point to avoid getting soaked.

IRL my girlfriend was asking me to go to the shops for milk and when I said I had to wait for the rain to stop (in game) you should have seen her face :lol:

Being soaked currently has no effect (except for the messages and the status on the inventory screen). Just making sure you know that :)

P.S. I don't know if they removed the sound when you start/stop getting wet because I never heard it, it's controlled by the in-game music volume which I set to zero the first time I ever played. So anyone who is getting annoyed by that, just turn your music volume down.

• Like 2

Being soaked currently has no effect (except for the messages and the status on the inventory screen). Just making sure you know that :)

P.S. I don't know if they removed the sound when you start/stop getting wet because I never heard it, it's controlled by the in-game music volume which I set to zero the first time I ever played. So anyone who is getting annoyed by that, just turn your music volume down.

I wasn't sure to be honest and I was too lazy to check, kind of liked pretending it was real and I might get a cold or something...

Cheers!

• Like 1

I wasn't sure to be honest and I was too lazy to check, kind of liked pretending it was real and I might get a cold or something...

Cheers!

Well it's not a bad idea to get into the habit of avoiding rain, sounds like they will be adding effects soon (hypothermia, water-damaged gear), but it probably isn't worth putting off a trip to the shops just yet...

Young Trotsky, on 03 Mar 2014 - 6:52 PM, said:

Being soaked currently has no effect (except for the messages and the status on the inventory screen). Just making sure you know that  :)

Cheers!

yep. they took out the ping sound already in experimental.... 8-)

Edited by RockerJC
  • Like 1

yep. they took out the ping sound already in experimental.... 8-)

what ping sound dude?

what ping sound dude?

There was a temporary 'ping' sound when you would get wet from the rain. This was just a testing method placed into one of the experimental builds to help the devs determine that it was properly flagging players to get wet/dry during rain. I think I only played once when it was in. Just one of those dev test things. Not really a big deal and just one of those expected things in an alpha/experimental build imo. 

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 3

Pretty weird you just did not log off like usual O_o.

But I get it, you did not feel like going shopping heh.

• Like 1

I have seen this mentioned. Apparently they're looking at making fireplaces work in houses as well which would be cool!

They really should be. It makes sense to be able to start a fire from an abandoned house's fireplace. Although, I personally think they should make it so that smoke comes out of the chimneys (if they are there anyway), alerting others in the area that a fire is there. Not a ton of smoke, but enough to where if you were looking for it, you could likely tell the difference from a bit of a distance. At night, it's obvious they would emit light as well. Just my two cents :)

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

I have been enjoying this experimental build a lot at this point.  Let's hope the team gets on the latency issues that were mentioned in the latest Devblog..... I cannot stand guessing where other survivor models really are and not where I am seeing them.... I wouldn't mind watching one actually climb up the staircase I was on top of instead of someone magically appearing in my face and swinging an axe.

That Devblog got me excited for the upcoming patches!!!!!!

So I decided I was going to run around in the experimental this weekend and enjoy some of the new perks they are implementing, but I noticed that the server times were static, I played several hours over the course of the weekend and the one server in Dallas I noticed was locked at 10:40 for server time the entire weekend, and several others appeared to follow suit, no movement in time on the server browser.  On top of that, the in game times did not reflect the server times, spawning on a server with a time of 9:45 and it is pitch black.

Just wondering if anyone else encountered this over the weekend.  I did not notice a bug report, and I want to see if anyone else noticed this or not before I go and start one

Maybe the server was not updatet in the list. But in general I love the new system. 2 hours day and 2 hours night I guess. Sad that most players hop from day to day server :(.

Yes.. it is very sad indeed.  I love playign at night, only wish I could find a headlamp...  hate having to try to switch to my axe when a couple of Z's come at you from through a wall.  

Try setting HDR on low or better and adjust gamma and contrast. Helps a lot to fight zombies. Even looting is possible. But for proper looting you need a lamp.

Useful thing for INVENTORY, I think.

Add a function: to change the sequence of things/weapons (up and down, 2 3 1 5 4x ...).
Like in this picture (for example):

40013394_1137379_1137379.png

• Like 9

really good Job on the nighttime. With all the lighting effets around several buildings it's a great atmosphere. I really prefer nighttime over daytime now.

I'd be happy if they improved Performance especially in towns and villages. CPU is the bottleneck there...

40013394_1137379_1137379.png

Why.

the.

fuck.

is.

your.

Blaze.

Green?

WRPTWl1.jpg

or just green filter over the screen, whatever xD

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

I have been enjoying this experimental build a lot at this point.  Let's hope the team gets on the latency issues that were mentioned in the latest Devblog..... I cannot stand guessing where other survivor models really are and not where I am seeing them.... I wouldn't mind watching one actually climb up the staircase I was on top of instead of someone magically appearing in my face and swinging an axe.

Yeah desync is a big problem in experimental. Hopefully those problems will not leak into stable.

Why.

the.

fuck.

is.

your.

Blaze.

Green?

or just green filter over the screen, whatever xD

It's a filter/edited.

I c no reason y we should change the order of gear, you wouldn't put your pants on your head would you?

^ Yes, because IRL we roll our eyes up and observe the imaginary inventory interface of our current selves and it's by rule ordered from head to toe. It's actually a decent proposal, being able to reorganise the inventory, it's just an "OOC" tool (for those who are about with the immersion, roleplay and the like). An item will be in your pants regardless of the order of clothing items in a list.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Does anyone know if the experimental servers are down?

I was playing today when the server (I assumed was restarting) went down. I logged out, came back and it was no longer in my history or favourites.

I can no longer find any of the experimental servers.

I've only just started playing on experimental so I'm still bit green :blush:

I gained a lot smoother game play switching to experimental from stable

fps is better now in the city's for me

I just have a cheap,dime a dozen laptop with lowspecs,no extra anything but on experimental I can actually move around fairly smooth now in the cities

ps:

Raincoats do absolutely nothing to help keeping you dry

anything like rags in your raincoat pockets just become ruined

Zombies seem to be unrealisticly harsh,can hardly loot now without getting over run and killed by zombies

no matter where I go

There are zombies in this game?...

...on experimental?

Brb opting for beta to check it out!