rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

are they ever going to add anything to reduce KOS, I know it sounds stupid but meh

I wonder about Backpacks that are going to be made so they can be stashed on servers,

and when reapawning one can go get there stashed Backpack.

If someone is killed by a Zombie,or falling etc will there Backpack then also be saved on that server etc.

and if that is the case will the game not eventually have Backpacks all over the place with items

IMHO

It would make more sense to take the time to import tents to be used for the purpose of stashing items

They would be specific for the purpose rather than a Backpack which is carried by every Character/player in the game

I imagine that eventually building a fireplace,and having a cooking fire will be implemented from what I am reading.

As well as hunting,for something to cook on that fire....

With this,would a tent not seem appropriate to accompany that cooking fire/fireplace.

Essentially creating a campsite,which would include a tent of which you could keep your items safe and dry

They would then also have to be found by other players for items and tents to be stolen

Rather than just Backpacks ,of which I would assume would eventually be all over the place laying around being saved from players being killed in various ways.

Not a complaint or rant,I am more curious than anything

Myself though IMHO,

would prefer tents to be implemented and used for this purpose rather than Backpacks.

Cheers,keep up the good work

I wonder about Backpacks that are going to be made so they can be stashed on servers,

and when reapawning one can go get there stashed Backpack.

If someone is killed by a Zombie,or falling etc will there Backpack then also be saved on that server etc.

and if that is the case will the game not eventually have Backpacks all over the place with items

IMHO

It would make more sense to take the time to import tents to be used for the purpose of stashing items

They would be specific for the purpose rather than a Backpack which is carried by every Character/player in the game

I imagine that eventually building a fireplace,and having a cooking fire will be implemented from what I am reading.

As well as hunting,for something to cook on that fire....

With this,would a tent not seem appropriate to accompany that cooking fire/fireplace.

Essentially creating a campsite,which would include a tent of which you could keep your items safe and dry

They would then also have to be found by other players for items and tents to be stolen

Rather than just Backpacks ,of which I would assume would eventually be all over the place laying around being saved from players being killed in various ways.

Not a complaint or rant,I am more curious than anything

Myself though IMHO,

would prefer tents to be implemented and used for this purpose rather than Backpacks.

Cheers,keep up the good work

Backpacks are for testing. Also I am sure they will have some sort of limited life time.

are they ever going to add anything to reduce KOS, I know it sounds stupid but meh

Yes it does.

• Like 2

Weird? I have gained like 5 to 10 fps since the update.

Ive gone from 12 to 17fps in cities to 20 to 30fps in cites.

It's been fucking amazing!

Yeah, I just went to experimental, and the FPS is way better for me. I hope the stable will get updated soon.

• Like 3

Um, probably not.. KOS is just part of the game, as it always has been with DayZ.  I personally am not one who KOS's people, unless the other person is a 'threat' to myself or anyone with me.  Just have to learn to adapt to that part of the game, and unfortunately, get used to it.  It's going to happen.. :)

• Like 1

Мое предложение , чтобы добавить обложку для нереста шлема.

Your post has no sense, stop abuse google translate, you are not russian, just a troll.

Ты либо упорот, либо упырь, который пытается выдать себя за русского.

• Like 3

Make "black" helmet black! Same stuff that happened to black tactical shirt.

товарищ ну не позорься, хотя бы Русских не позорь. есть отдельные разделы, такое ощущение что тебе лет 15

• Like 3

When are you fixing sounds? There hasn't been any mention about this problem anywhere in a long time.

We got:

- Random sounds (stacking ammo, eating, drinking, reloading)

- Rabbits making zombie sounds

- Weapon sounds, sometimes too loud and sometimes you can't even hear a person who is right next to you taking a shot

- Silencers still not altering weapon sounds

What is the status on these?

This is a really big problem, sound aren't affidable and in a game like a survival fps they are vitals!!!!

Also i noticed a problem, in the sniper hill of elektrozavodosk i found a lot of zombies probably attracted by the sound of snipers or LOS ... but they are pretty inoffensive i killed 5 of them (really close one to each other) without any problem, i hope that a zombie will mantain the agro also if it is really far from his spawn point (or maybe after some time he can return to his spawn point!)

This are a player behaviour so you can't change it (thank to god!!!)
Edited by Demonio

Is it right that you cant wear a vest and a holster for the gun the same time? :(

Yes that is right , it's been like that since day 1 , not too much of a big deal cuz the pistol holster is all about looks (unless you have no space for a sidearm in which case it can be used to store your sidearm) . But when you get a backpackand a vest you truly don't need the chest holster , which Is why they are (eventually) adding in new holster (leg , arm ).

Edit : you can drop the holster into the vest , but that's kind of redundant now isn't it haha?

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Is there actually any "space" to make FPS better ? For example in Rust you could disable grass and that didnt make disadvantage as it's lowering visibility in DayZ and working in config and so on. Now that did update on SKY which will be rendered faster and FPS boost is there. In DayZ I dont see how will day optimize cities and make FPS higher. I bought i7 4770k and to be honest I really do enjoy in gameplay but I feel sorry for my friends now who cant play smooth as me.

I know exactly what you mean mang. People say that dayz for some reason only uses one core of your computer , I totally agree cuz my i5 3570k 8gb of ram and GeForce gtx 760 gets very low on fps (30) if I'm recording inside a city , now I've seen it on my friends 2+ year old computer and he can't even start fraps without dayz laggin to 5fps , problem is he can run any other graphically powerful mmo/first person shooter without much problem, so I feel like dayz definitely doesn't use much of the computers power so to speak . But I say grass should always be on for everyone cuz that's where I hide sometimes ;)

I gained a lot smoother game play switching to experimental from stable

fps is better now in the city's for me

I just have a cheap,dime a dozen laptop with lowspecs,no extra anything but on experimental I can actually move around fairly smooth now in the cities

ps:

Raincoats do absolutely nothing to help keeping you dry

anything like rags in your raincoat pockets just become ruined

Zombies seem to be unrealisticly harsh,can hardly loot now without getting over run and killed by zombies

no matter where I go

Edited by Scott61

Backpacks are for testing. Also I am sure they will have some sort of limited life time.

I think exactly this. They are just using some backpacks for testing out the functionality. That doesn't mean they will be the final item for stashing stuff. Probably using backpacks because they are already coded in. They can focus on the item persistence code instead of writing up a whole new item for the moment.

• Like 1

What should bandwith has to do with fps?

I rather think its the zombies, or some items / texuture which brings it down to this unplayable levels.

Much more then you think. This has been mentioned and explained by devs a lot.

• Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks

Should we remove either of the two items (mask+any hard headgear) to avoid any bugs before the patch comes? Or will we just be able to take them off, but not put them back on at the same time?

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone
  • Like 1

Should we remove either of the two items (mask+any hard headgear) to avoid any bugs before the patch comes? Or will we just be able to take them off, but not put them back on at the same time?

Maybe it'll be a full character wipe for everyone? Oh noes! :)

ballistic helmets and masks are for pussies!

So, how do you dry off? Besides standing around for awhile of course.

The constant messages saying I'm soaked through are getting annoying.

All I know is: the night before last, I decided to download the experimental branch patch. So I jump into regular experimental server 07 - after getting killed by a group of retards who were trying to tell me where to leave and what direction inland was, after they so kindly decided to rob me. I told them " I know where I'm going, did you all loot the entire town?, so I don't waste my time here?"

I hear one of the friends say "awkward", then he decides to repeat what he said previously about which ways west because he could not comprehend meeting a normal person, I presume. I did not want to hear his ramblings any longer, they already robbed me after all - so I say again: "I know where I'm going, did you guys loot the entire town so I don't waste my time here any further?" *pause* "No, okay I'll be on my way. I guess"

I ran out the back door they came in (mind you I was on the floor and stood up barren) and was shot in the back and wounded with a broken leg. I then proceeded to tell the dude who shot me who sounded like a sad old man that "they'd hit me and just come and finish the fucking job." I hear his younger more childish friend laugh like a girl or boy with his balls undeveloped - he then proceeds to say "well if you weren't acting like a pr- ...and I talk over him and say, "who's the prick who robbed me and is killing me." Then he executed me.

About an hour later I am geared up with an empty M4, a Mosin with a full-clip and and one of those new leather jackets. Now I've been running for a good half hour non stop only to eat in cover; mostly by trees. I hear over what I thought was global chat, some guy screaming how he's going to rape me and fucking murder me, as well as yelling "what the fuck are you looking at!" "Stop Running!!" and the like.

So I come to a little town inland I think is Dubvroka. I drop my purple backpack because I find a rope to finish what I needed for a craft-able backpack (I like the camouflage aspect), I then make my way to a barn and see a man with an M4 and another behind him with what I presume is my old purple backpack and an Ax.

Anyways, they were coming my way with gun and Ax in hand(s) and I posted up. I pop out with my gun drawn and they keep pushing my way, I shoot the one with the Ax and make him bleed, then I lower my weapon and zig-zag like a motherfucker out of there line of fire and make my way to a log pile up the road that overlooks the town and area where they were fighting me.

I wait a good 5 minutes, hydrating on soda and eating. I then move out into the wood's towards NWAF.

On my way there after another 15 minutes of running, I notice every time I stop to bait just in case (and to rest my fingers) - I hear a mic turn on, then off real quick. So I then proceed to say over my mic "Why, why". I then stop in my tracks near a hill and a dude with an M4 pop's in front of my face a good 10 feet away like one of those 1920's stop motion movies, - and kills me. He then says "stop talking". 

What the fuck was that if not a hacker (script) on experimental servers.

Edited by Strongtent
  • Like 2

So, how do you dry off? Besides standing around for awhile of course.

The constant messages saying I'm soaked through are getting annoying.

You don't there is no effect other than an indicator as of current. I'm pretty sure you will dry off near camp fires and such.

Is there actually any "space" to make FPS better ? For example in Rust you could disable grass and that didnt make disadvantage as it's lowering visibility in DayZ and working in config and so on. Now that did update on SKY which will be rendered faster and FPS boost is there. In DayZ I dont see how will day optimize cities and make FPS higher. I bought i7 4770k and to be honest I really do enjoy in gameplay but I feel sorry for my friends now who cant play smooth as me.

There are still many optimizations to be had. Don't worry your FPS will increase. They normally don't optimize until Beta. The optimizing is usually done by rewriting the parts of code that could be executed more efficiently. Especially when you have loops running for certain things, 0.03 ms improvement each time a looping function runs can help out dramatically and would reduce load on your PC