rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Heart attacks have been up on experimental branch since last week.  No big issue.  I've run around all over the place...no random heart attack deaths.  

Oh okay, that kinda puts my mind at ease.

Please tell me they removed the *ping* sound everytime you get no rain on you? Running in woods on experimental last week was just awful with this annoyance.

Ping sound removed!

The new lighting looks amazing, the invoronment looks refreshed and really really good (I don't know if you can make a difference in the ss but go take a look yourself)

5Lo6i55.jpg

The new two handed animation for the axe looks a bit weird but it's deadly accurate, tried it on a zombie. 

Qw2HCJN.jpg

The bad thing with the axe wielding is a bug where it gives you insane speed when sprinting. If you think punches up running was fast, go check out axe raised wielding. 

New lighting with gas lamp working nice. 

TYZnMeU.jpgDD9MoBz.jpg

Oh man, that lighting is awesome!

• Like 2

• Actions: You can catch rain into canteen and water-bottle from inventory

How it works? Ii tryd it but didn't figure it out

Right click on canteen or waterbottle when its raining--> catch water (or something like that). Its fills 1% per click.

Does anyone have ip of experimental server

US

8.2.120.15:2338

8.2.120.15:2334

UK

109.169.60.29:2326

109.169.60.29:2314

Once you find one click "version" to list them all together.

• Like 1

Please bring back old mechanic where you can still swing from the ready pose.

NO! At least this way you actually have an option to "lower" your melee weapon.. before you had to toss it or bag it for people to feel even a little safe that approach you. Now it sounds like if its not up, at least you don't look like as much of a threat. 

• Like 7

You should make players killed by zombies evolve into lootable zombies. It will be frustrating for the player but could be rewarding to other players to come across these zombies, it would give it more realism in a zombie apocalypse

Wow.. now that is a great idea. I would love it if a dead body after being killed by a zed or other player would turn into an AI zed after say 5mins.. maybe 10.  Just start walking around like the rest of the zombies, but it would have the same gear/loot as the dead body would have. It would amazing if you walked into Electro, and were met by 4 zeds that were all at one time players. 

Zeds in underwear.. Zeds with baseball bats in hand.. Zeds with backpacks... Zeds that look armed but will not ever shoot... 

• Like 7

Right click on canteen or waterbottle when its raining--> catch water (or something like that). Its fills 1% per click.

Yes i did, it, but i assume i have to try again.

ambient occlusion is not working for me in the current experimental build. It always changes itself to disabled.

Also please put more load onto the GPU or give Options that certain graphic effects are rendered by gpu only. Performance Killers are still Scene complexity aka object Detail,terrain and  ambient occlusion which everybody turns off obviously. The Thing is you can't turn off Scene complexity. You can tweak it to some degree but if you overdo it it will have Impact on the gameplay since Players are rendered by this Thing as well.

I appreciate every Performance fix so please stay on track. We Need Performance.

• Like 1

Hi.

I would like to try the Exp. branch. Is my main character removed from the stable branch when I opt in the exp. branch or can I continue playing with my main character when I opt out again?

Thanks in advance!

Afaik there arediffrent characters for stable and experimental. But I dont know what happens when experimental goes to stable  :huh:

Edited by Tabinator

Hi.

I would like to try the Exp. branch. Is my main character removed from the stable branch when I opt in the exp. branch or can I continue playing with my main character when I opt out again?

Thanks in advance!

no you keep your characters. its saved on a different hive

I agree, but it should slow you down significantly. 

Not neccesarily, the difference in weight between a Mosin and a Fire Axe is not so great that the negative effect is significant. Besides it would still be worth it for the flexibilty of having hands free.

Edited by Poindexter

I keep crashing to desktop in one of the new towns north of the NE airfield.

Edit: nevermind, it finally let me play without crashing.

Edited by bad_mojo

Any update is a good update in my opinion.  I'm a ex console player so we never get updates... unless its CoD :(

• Like 1

- Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks

ok i understand moto and pilot helmet...? but you can not wear ballistic + gas mask? and you where at the army? - cmon go home dean.. i think that would be better for the game, now you have enough money to invest it in a new game!

i can confirm an issue crawling under a wall, going from orangle house to silos in eketro, had no backpack, just a mosin (actully found it upstars in the clothing factory type place, didnt think id find a gun there)

- Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks

ok i understand moto and pilot helmet...? but you can not wear ballistic + gas mask? and you where at the army? - cmon go home dean.. i think that would be better for the game, now you have enough money to invest it in a new game!

As was mentioned IN THIS THREAD... they're talking about the hockey face masks that look like they're from the game Payday.

• Like 1

I hope they fix that "separation" between the avatar and the player location before this gets anywhere near the stable release.

• Like 1

I hope they fix that "separation" between the avatar and the player location before this gets anywhere near the stable release.

I'm thinking about making a thread in the general discussion to get more visibility on this issue.  It's only noticeable if you are playing with friends because there is no way to detect yourself that you are invisible (unless you attack a guy and he acts like a ghost is hitting him).  If I get another confirmed report I'll submit a ticket to the feedback tracker so there is more information.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about making a thread in the general discussion to get more visibility on this issue.  It's only noticeable if you are playing with friends because there is no way to detect yourself that you are invisible (unless you attack a guy and he acts like a ghost is hitting him).  If I get another confirmed report I'll submit a ticket to the feedback tracker so there is more information.

I only see this issue with users with Wireless connections.  Whether it is on a mifi/verizon device or on their own home broadband wifi connection.  The moment they plug in a network cable they seem to not have the issue.  Tested this with 5 friends.

• Like 1

I've got video evidence of the invisible player bug now.  I've also concluded that it has nothing to do with the axe stance since my friend was a new spawn.  It seems that a player gets stuck in a position somewhere (not sure why) and their character continues invisible while their "avatar" does all their actions just in one spot.  You can damage the player's avatar and it will affect them.  

Another interesting note is that when my friend ran back to his avatar, it "reset" and I was able to see him move around like normal.  Also, my other friend was seeing the invisible player avatar in one position and I was seeing it in a completely different spot.

I'm trying to upload the videos as we speak and hopefully I'll bring up a bug report that wouldn't be tagged with "Needs more info" since I haven't exactly found out how to replicate it.

I can verify the same set of circumstances, although for me this happened about 2 weeks ago. i have two stations setup to play Dayz and while running with a buddy one evening he asked me why i had stopped. i turned to look back and was at least 50 meters ahead of him. i then ran back to him while watching his screen and my avatar was stuck, but in the same crouched run position, legs moving until i stopped. i ate/drank/changed weapons etc and my avatar performed all of the actions. i walked over to myself and after passing over the same spot my avatar was able to move as intended. just thought "ah...alpher" and we went on about our business. as a "tester" i probably should've tried to replicate and capture the oddity.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work DayZ staff! I look forward to every new update you guys do!

One thing though that I'm slightly concerned about. The not being able to wear masks with helmets thing. It makes perfect sense for the motorcycle helmet but for opened faced helmets as well? I really feel that you guys should consider an adjustment to what helmets can or cannot except masks.

• Like 1