RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

they need to GIVE SERVER ADMINS THE TOOLS TO TAKE CARE OF THIS!!!!!

imo they need to tighten up the code to prevent this and then they also need to stop hackers being allowed to rebuy the game on the same pc they were banned on. People are paying more on hacks than the game costs so making them rebuy the game is a drop in the ocean. Like if I pay $6 a month for a hack that's $72. rebuying days is, what, $25.

Actual CHeat Status DayZ

and if not a new glitch / bug:

this is no fun anymore....

devs do something plz....

Edited by quantum2k6

Actual CHeat Status DayZ

snip

not even the half of it

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Whole server teleported to one spot again, everyone turns into black person with no gear.  3rd time today.  The game is UNPLAYABLE.  Thanks, devs!

Whole server teleported to one spot again, everyone turns into black person with no gear.  3rd time today.  The game is UNPLAYABLE.  Thanks, devs!

I'm sure it's more difficult that we think to stop all the cheating, but it is beyond comprehension why BI would allow any command from a client to control other clients this way.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to write server side code that filters/ignores idiotic commands like this as well as the one where you are forced to put your gun up while the cheater is nearby.  I know we all agreed to help in the development of DayZ SA, but we never agreed to be abused by cheaters to the point that we can't also enjoy it even a little. 

hackers are ruining DayZ

What I find is it ebbs and flows. For instance, I was fine until the inventory stealing thing came in and then when it did stable was unplayable so I went to experimental. That became less prevalent so I came back to stable. Now this shit means I'll be back on exp. I do think they (bohemia/steam) should do more. be gets a lot of criticism but it is what it is and very effective at the job it does. The big thing for me is bohemia/steam allow cheats/hackers who were previously banned to buy their way back onto the game. As long as that is true then I'm not sure of the long term prospects. As I posted earlier, cheat on xbox and your xbox is only good for offline games and you need to buy a new one to play online. Cheat on steam and you just rebuy.

I think they can and probably will fix the hacking situation (later) but I worry that they don't give a fuck about us, the current players. Why would they when it's a few annoyed internet posts versus dollars in the bank?

We pay once. Cheaters pay multiple times. So from an accounting point of view who is the more valuable customer?

That's ^^^^ why we have hacks/cheats.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

What I find is it ebbs and flows. For instance, I was fine until the inventory stealing thing came in and then when it did stable was unplayable so I went to experimental. That became less prevalent so I came back to stable. Now this shit means I'll be back on exp. I do think they (bohemia/steam) should do more. be gets a lot of criticism but it is what it is and very effective at the job it does. The big thing for me is bohemia/steam allow cheats/hackers who were previously banned to buy their way back onto the game. As long as that is true then I'm not sure of the long term prospects. As I posted earlier, cheat on xbox and your xbox is only good for offline games and you need to buy a new one to play online. Cheat on steam and you just rebuy.

I think they can and probably will fix the hacking situation (later) but I worry that they don't give a fuck about us, the current players. Why would they when it's a few annoyed internet posts versus dollars in the bank?

We pay once. Cheaters pay multiple times. So from an accounting point of view who is the more valuable customer?

Yeah I understand that in their eyes profit is more important. That's why I'm thinking about all the disappointment I had in the recent years about great video games that went on my list of crappy games. It seems like in the video game industry these days, buggy and problematic games are the standard. I'm a true gamer since how long I can remember (I'm 24) and went on countless adventures in those virtuals worlds, but I'm starting to lose the flame.

Just because of those greedy bastards leaders of that industry.

It's even worse years after years,

Edited by skillastat

@BEdev-Sable

clearly you guys aren't very effective, because I've only owned the game 3 days and although I started to enjoy it and had resolved to help development, I am feeling ripped off and am completely turned off by getting "black chick server wiped" twice in 2 hours on different servers. there is absolutely no point to playing because once you get gear, a hacker will log on to the server and wipe it entirely. aimbot is one thing... but this is another. IMO don't quit your day job.

I hear you. If it makes you feel better to blame BE for this engine issue/hole, please go ahead. Honestly, I understand everyone's frustration here.

Rest assured that as soon as we find out what's behind this we (BE and DayZ devs) will take care of it.

• Like 3

I agree with you. It's very possible that this kind of shameful "bottom line-ism" is in part what allows this to happen. Though I for one, really want to respect BI, and hope they aren't using that logic.

I don't understand why BE can't pay more attention to client side variables, and their possible values, and punish anyone whose variables are not within acceptable/possible values. So that it's not as easy to cheat. 

I feel they should do something like:

If you caused any hacker that was caught with said guardian-ware, to be relentlessly chased by invisible, superfast, teleporting, super strong zombies that die as soon as the offending player is dead. This way, even if they do buy back into the game after a ban, it's still not playable while cheating. Also, with nav meshes implemented, it should in theory be not that complicated to make it so that cheaters will get screwed for glitching through a wall or other object. 

Logic = is player on useable navmesh? If yes, then end. else, kill player character.

OR

Put a tag on a toon that passes through a wall or other object that should not be passable. Check for said tag. If present, start the previously mentioned super zombie gak.

You could use this idea for ANY cheating that is testable. You may have to create a framework to test for those things, but I feel that is BI's responsibility to do anyway.

Give the hackers a taste of their own medicine.

This way, Bi's bottom line is protected, along with the experience for the rest of us.

Edited by FalloutPrime

I hear you. If it makes you feel better to blame BE for this engine issue/hole, please go ahead. Honestly, I understand everyone's frustration here.

Rest assured that as soon as we find out what's behind this we (BE and DayZ devs) will take care of it.

I actually think you get the short straw. The code is wide open but you are the face of anti-cheat so always get the blame. I'm guessing it was you not bohemia or steam that pushed that people caught cheating on a bohemia game gets banned from all bohemia games. 

Related question: Do you possess the capability to implement hardware bans* if you were allowed? 

*permanently ban the machine used to hack/cheat.

• Like 1

I agree with you. It's very possible that this kind of shameful "bottom line-ism" is in part what allows this to happen. Though I for one, really want to respect BI, and hope they aren't using that logic.

I don't understand why BE can't pay more attention to client side variables, and their possible values, and punish anyone whose variables are not within acceptable/possible values. So that it's not as easy to cheat. 

I feel they should do something like:

If you caused any hacker that was caught with said guardian-ware, to be relentlessly chased by invisible, superfast, teleporting, super strong zombies that die as soon as the offending player is dead. This way, even if they do buy back into the game after a ban, it's still not playable while cheating. Also, with nav meshes implemented, it should in theory be not that complicated to make it so that cheaters will get screwed for glitching through a wall or other object. 

Logic = is player on useable navmesh? If yes, then end. else, kill player character.

OR

Put a tag on a toon that passes through a wall or other object that should not be passable. Check for said tag. If present, start the previously mentioned super zombie gak.

You could use this idea for ANY cheating that is testable. You may have to create a framework to test for those things, but I feel that is BI's responsibility to do anyway.

Give the ****ers a taste of their own medicine.

This way, Bi's bottom line is protected, along with the experience for the rest of us.

From their pov, it's should we invest time and money fixing vulnerable code that we are going to replace anyway? I can understand that. They could detect and fix speed hacking tomorrow by just testing peoples average speed but that would be defunct when vehicles come in so they don't.

What's sad is hackers can detect other hackers at the moment by detecting average speed and so could bohemia but they've made the decision not to. I say detect them now, ban them, ban their pcs and then if the code becomes obsolete...so what!?

Merged. Was this on stable or experimental?

I don't think those are the actual players (for the most part), just AI. Here's a video showing what tootights described though.

Stable.

yes, most were AI clones.

I heard the guy say "everyone pose for a photo", and "sorry, this is what happens to streamers"

Edited by tootights

I actually think you get the short straw. The code is wide open but you are the face of anti-cheat so always get the blame. I'm guessing it was you not bohemia or steam that pushed that people caught cheating on a bohemia game gets banned from all bohemia games. 

Related question: Do you possess the capability to implement hardware bans* if you were allowed? 

*permanently ban the machine used to hack/cheat.

Bans by hardware has been worked around long ago.

Also I have 3 mobo's, 4 cpus and half dozen gpus and HDDs to change my hardware id.Changing any of my hardware, i would have to get a hardware id reset by BIS,Battleye or DayZ,there's a pain in the ass right there for the team they would have to hire

From their pov, it's should we invest time and money fixing vulnerable code that we are going to replace anyway? I can understand that. They could detect and fix speed hacking tomorrow by just testing peoples average speed but that would be defunct when vehicles come in so they don't.

What's sad is hackers can detect other hackers at the moment by detecting average speed and so could bohemia but they've made the decision not to. I say detect them now, ban them, ban their pcs and then if the code becomes obsolete...so what!?

What I'm saying is don't fix the code until they need to.

Let them hack, just put in a new system that makes the game unplayable with any given character that was caught cheating until that character is dead. When they start a new toon, they get another chance to be legit. Until they have done it enough times, then permaban the account, and make them buy a new copy. Then they can rinse and repeat as much as they want, BI gets more money, and we all get protected from this crap.

Again, there would need to be a system made to facilitate this, but it IS a good idea. This new system could be all they ever need to do to prevent cheating and hacking, and would be worth the investment in creating it imho, cause it could be easily changed to fit whatever new systems they created later.

I'll give you an example of a game with allowed cheating that nobody used and why;

Warcraft 3. You could enable the cheats for multiplayer, but everyone could use them, so you just essentially got cheated in return if you did use them. Which is what I'm essentially suggesting here. Make the server cheat against players that cheat, because the server in theory has way more power to control itself than the hackers do.

Just like taking the power away from a bully by taking away the reaction he's looking for.

This is what we need for DayZ, or the hacking/glitching/exploiting will never even lessen, it will continue into full release and beyond, because they (BI/BE) did not create a system that actually gives them(cheaters) a real reason not to cheat.

The idea treats the source of the problem; the motivation to cheat because of the gains/entertainment it can get you, as well as the symptoms(each individual hack/exploit/glitch).

I'm talking about a real, permanent solution. Not just a quick, "fix it now" type thing. This could and should be an ongoing, longterm project that is developed in tandem with DayZ. Honestly, they should have a whole team of peeps on this issue. Hacking and exploiting will kill this game if it's still a problem by release cause they won't have the "it's an alpha and is being developed" excuse to protect them, it will just die. Most people don't want to play easily hack-able games, just look at Defiance. Totally dying for this very reason.

Yes, BI would have to spend money to do this. But I honestly feel it would be money well spent, and that we, the paying, legit players/testers, not only deserve it, but are entitled to it. Even if it doesn't fix the problem now, I want to know that there is a real solution that will actually work, and continue to work, being developed.

OK.  I will accept that everything is fine and normal.    I will say that literally 5 minutes ago I was on a full server and I just experienced the new fucking hack where everyone is teleported to a lake as a naked spawn.   (and we just read about this new hack yesterday) 

So the alpha is pretty much screwed right now unless there is a patch that stops this hack soon.  It literally ruins all 40 people's game instantly.

Yeah...sort of bummed that this happened to me just now.  Fully equipped character that has been alive for about a weeks playing time.....and I am teleported completely ungeared to a bridge with everyone else on the server.  What made it better is when I was hacked to death by two dudes with axes.  Sort of kills my motivation to play.

Its now happened twice to a few of my clan mates, just today. Different servers.

Hicks is investigating, says it's not possible for hackers to do this though, believes it's an issue with server/hive comm.

So tonight we were having a few good gun fights in Novo and the outer edges and I think we killed a hacker or whatever you want to call him or her, when all of a sudden my server went ape shit. I now know this has happened to others but not until I saw it with my own eyes. Every player on the server was reset and teleported to Vibor (200+ toons) I will let the picture tell the story........(sorry for the language a few of the players typed)

SaxI2dS.jpg

Edited by Dawgstyl

That's a lot more than 40 people?

Was this a persistence enabled server or not?

• Like 1

Some more info would be nice, I'd like to know if it's only happening on persistence enabled servers, or any, or what.  If people can narrow it down a bit maybe it can be better avoided if it's a glitch and not a hack.