RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Its important for the devs to know the severity of the hacking because it impacts massivley on the game. Dayz stands out above all else because of how it makes you feel and the atmosphere it creates. One of the core tasks initally was to balance the game and ease the kill onsite. All this work is wasted as hackers make people expect to be killed onsite. It is ruining what makes dayz specail. I know you can never make anything over the internet 100% secure. But if comes down to proffit / gameplay balance - then stopping the hackers has to be paramount in my optinion. Otherwise we may as well play cod (Hacker heaven)

The whole thing is disgusting.

*edit my ragequit*

Edited by tootights

Go to full servers and pvp areas. You will find a hacker. Or more accurately they will find you

Well I did as you say - I logged in, teleported all over the map, lost two minutes of my precious time, guess what? Did not find a single hacker! I got pissed so I teleported all the players towards me (a place close to some bridge), stripped them of all of their gear and turned them in "da black chicks" to keep some control over the situation and STILL NOT A SINGLE ONE! I was so thorough, that I even KILLED all of them, to try to FORCE them to confess! Of course they did not! Because there are no HACKERS!

Well I did as you say - I logged in, teleported all over the map, lost two minutes of my precious time, guess what? Did not find a single hacker! I got pissed so I teleported all the players towards me (a place close to some bridge), stripped them of all of their gear and turned them in "da black chicks" to keep some control over the situation and STILL NOT A SINGLE ONE! I was so thorough, that I even KILLED all of them, to try to FORCE them to confess! Of course they did not! Because there are no HACKERS!

If I had to make a guess I'd say you are probably a hacker trolling. Of course there are hackers, there are videos of hacks from the perspective of the hacker and the victim. There are paid hacks and free hacks that have been detected thousands of times. Battleye has banned thousands of hackers. And yet you say they don't exist. If they don't exist then who is battleye banning?

Edited by freethink

Battleye has banned thousands of hackers. If they don't exist then who is battleye banning?

... and that is the question we have to ask! How do they choose their victims? Is it something like ... hey boys, BI wants some results, let's go and ban all the guys with pink shirts today! And all those chick toons tomorrow (tha one is deserved though)!

What are those BE people really doing?

Who the hell are they?

Is Michael Jackson really dead?

Who actually is Micheal Jackson?

All those questions need an answer! Rise up and demand them, don't be a sheep! Be a hero! Be like Fidel, the Castro guy!

... and that is the question we have to ask! How do they choose their victims? Is it something like ... hey boys, BI wants some results, let's go and ban all the guys with pink shirts today! And all those chick toons tomorrow (tha one is deserved though)!

What are those BE people really doing?

Who the hell are they?

Is Michael Jackson really dead?

Who actually is Micheal Jackson?

All those questions need an answer! Rise up and demand them, don't be a sheep! Be a hero! Be like Fidel, the Castro guy!

yep as I suspected, probably just a hacker trolling. yawn.

I was traveling through Chernarus and suddenly I found myself as a "bambi" in this situation!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25089119604335407/3A133BBF73A1D535FA925BEF6AE8952B548EFFE8/

First i thought this was the WIPE but my friends who logged later in, still had all their gear.

that makes me think this was a big hack. or is this the WIPE? i am confused O.o

• Like 1

I was just ingame, was all good, but lemme check again. Because since the public hive will get reset tomorrow for the patch 0.49, I gave my stuff to some random guy at Svet and got killed by him afterwards. I'll head ingame and see what's going on.

Edited by Yazar8

Game is still unplayable.  Hackers every 2 hours or so join my community's server and teleport everyone to one spot, making them a new spawn.   Our server will be cancelled and we will be moving on to a different game.

• Like 2

DayZ happened. 

This.

Oh, and welcome!

Edit: I'll take "second thought" for the win, Alex.

Edited by creature
  • Like 1

What makes the cheating even worse is that BI hasn't given any information to make users feel that it may get better.  Just silence.  I'm glad server admins are starting to abandon this game.  Maybe that will get BI's attention since nothing else seems to.  Good server admins with the proper tools could have already reduced the cheating to a point that this post would be rarely used instead of several pages being added each day.

p.s.,  I didn't mention BE because it's not their game.  Yes, BI hired BE to stop cheaters; but ultimately it's up to BI to take responsibility.

• Like 1

This guy ^ has a serious future in the world. You should be proud of yourself. That's it though, no more food for that troll

Typically I die a lot, usually at least once a day to a hacker, and usually its everyone running with me that dies from the hacker.  Today seems extremely bad, are the hackers out in abundance because they think the wipe will wipe the hacking?  Is the hacking that has been around since the first week in December being addressed?  I just want to play DayZ, please let me, please fix it.

get to Berezino last night with 2 mates. i wouldnt say fully geared but we all had guns.

met a random chap (actually he seen us first) . american accent on a aussie server. nothing suspicious. this guy had nothing. 

my friend heard someone else close by. talk in global COME OUT HERE by your mate. we wont kill you.

do you need anything etc (even though yes we killed him) 

well. we played a little trick. i burlap'ed him. and then i told my friends to play along on voice. 

"oh look out here comes a player, quick hide".  "oh shit someones attacking the guy we burlapped (still lying on the ground prone surrendered). 

he's like oh shit. "someones attacking me". but it was us punching him. i just fire off some shots in the air. oh great he's dead. 

this guys releived "oh thanks guys thanks heaps." im like quick bandage him up. 

but then my other mate jst executed him.

20 seconds later.....

my friend is knocked unconscious and bleeding. no shots nothing just bammo. on the ground. 

he's like oh shit i got shot. i go prone as ya do. camo in the bush. looking around. 

he regains consciousness. runs around back of house. bandages. 
this time im looking at him. he says "oh broken i cant bandage. im like ok im coming". "DEAD". just like that.

i cant see anyone cant hear anything.

i run up to his body to retrieve his gear. as i get there i see. his backpack dissapear. 

then his shirt his gun. his clothes and then replaced with fresh spawn clothes. 

im like WTF am i seeing. someone invisible. so i spray and pray all around me. thinking he might get hit.

nothing. 

i logg off immediately. as does my other mate who survived. rejoin a new server. 

we both dead and new spawns.

WTF. 

now i ask myself.

was it the american fulla? 

i think it was.

they dont want to get caught in there hood so they go to remote places to hack?

he tested us and we failed so he hacked us?

whats your thoughts. 

I think this screenshot is fake. Rocket has clearly stated that it's impossible to do hacks like this due to the infrastructure being made like an MMO's. 0/10 troll harder.

• Like 1

I think this screenshot is fake. Rocket has clearly stated that it's impossible to do hacks like this due to the infrastructure being made like an MMO's. 0/10 troll harder.

No, you troll harder. Hacks are easy to obtain, and you are just going around saying "impossible, because I say so." what, are you a shill for a team that refuses to set aside time to fix the gaps?

There sure are a lot of reports of this happening, even some youtube videos from streams where it happened.  If it is a troll, then there sure are a hell of a lot of people in upon it.  No offense to Rocket but I tend to take developer claims with a rather large grain of salt.  The last thing they will do is admit when there is a huge exploit out there just to try and contain it the best they can until it is fixed.

I'm watching GoldGlove's stream on Twitch. It just happened to him and he's absolutely speechless. Its real.

No, you troll harder. Hacks are easy to obtain, and you are just going around saying "impossible, because I say so." what, are you a shill for a team that refuses to set aside time to fix the gaps?

Harsh. But fair.

I am an expert and I dare, with fully clean conscience, claim, that this is obvious forgery. Upper left corner? See? So lame! In the middle? The two so called "green pixels" not so green but more browny-ish? Bhaa. Just a glimpse and we all are right there! This foul attempt, to besmirch the great master Himself makes me so angry! Really, really very angry! Actually I am so pissed right now, that I will personally log in and punish every little liar by the whole inventory items confiscation, no exceptions! Justice must be presented!

12:50 am PST time Central EXP Server When I spawned in I ran over to a Deer stand to find what appeared to be the same teleport everyones loot hack. Kinda  a bummer to see that on exp. I was only able to take one SS before I was insta killed. More guns behind me but again only 1 photo before insta-death. 

http://gyazo.com/d59475a1fd9eed0229effcb223cdfd73

Edited by squeeb