RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Anyway - hacking a is LOT less in SA than it was in Mod. SA was built, designed, to deal with hacks at source, to a great extent. I think scripting will die out or at least end up a very minor irritation.

Well, the hacking situation right now is ridiculous. Hackers are camping airfields and insta-killing full-health characters in a way that break all of the bones in their body. You hear a whistle then all of your bones break and you are dead. It really isn't fun at all.

Well, the hacking situation right now is ridiculous. Hackers are camping airfields and insta-killing full-health characters in a way that break all of the bones in their body. You hear a whistle then all of your bones break and you are dead. It really isn't fun at all.

I know the devs are dealing with the speed hack (I, and plenty of other people know how that works/or worked) and I know there are just a couple of other possible hacks, already documented (the Devs are DEFINITELY) at grips with those right now.

But this one you mention, I've never heard of it, and I don't know how it could be implemented, given the structure of the SA server side and PC script. (it could be done in the mod, but in SA ??)

I don't mean I dont believe you - just I don't see how that could work, but I'm not a practical expert, I don't spend my time breaking down games to give the other players crap wrecked game experiences. I'm a human being not a (..put in your own word, ya know..).

If this has been reported, the Devs will have a dossier on it and there will be folk tracking it down. If you have video - or even if not, report what happened. Once its even suspected to be a real problem, it will get the attention it needs.

So report it. Do good for the community, This is our game.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Watched the video.

That was desync..my friend has appeared like that many times.

Although there ARE hackers, but 80% of hacker claims are pure bs.

Wow, 800+ posts and you have no clue what your talking about. Dumbness in people is amazing nowadays.

Pretty interesting how the thread I left to die, months later has been pinned. I'm genuinely surprised, but pleased because it goes to show that the possibility of hacking is accepted and being dealt with.

"We are not overly draconian in our approach", I think this thread proves it, I could name so many other developers who would have banned me by now for the same thread.

Anyways, with the new acquisition of a game development company, and the mass added improvements to the game since the creation of this thread, I've decided to come back.

I've just taken the approach of playing less cautious. Why less? Because it's a pain to spend hours doing something, hitting numerous cities, building your gear, to only die to a hacker. I just yolo it now, run in with no gear, if I die, nothing lost.

Beans to the DayZ crew + mods all around.

• Like 1

03 April 2014
0.44 experimental
(stream seen on Twitch)

>> http://www.twitch.tv/kaitlovesgames/b/516487830

02:00:00 spawn extra weapons (suspicion).
02:06:25 could detect player beyond range and/or behind object?
02:07:40 full automatic pistol (no reload?).
02:11:00 teleport on roof.
02:12:00 gatling shotgun!

02:15:10 glitch inside mesh, inflict ghost damage (epic threat : "show me your boobs or I kill you")
02:20:00 teleport near player.

Yes it is just happened on 0.44 experimental branch!
So hack could still work on stable once released. >:(

Edited by JiJi

03 April 2014

0.44 experimental

(stream seen on Twitch)

02:15:10 glitch inside mesh, inflict ghost damage (epic threat : "show me your boobs or I kill you")

So hack could still work on stable once released. > :(

jesus christ, that dude is like a picture of the fatass nerd hacker that we all think of when we see one.

03 April 2014

0.44 experimental

(stream seen on Twitch)

Seems evident to me, I wonder if anyones gonna call desync on that lol.

P.S she got hella mad at his "show me your boobs" comment, but take a look at her twitter. Or her profile, which is a picture of her in the shower. (Look at the top left corner).

Edited by RadikulRAM

She's a nice person. I don't mind the rest.
Please let's focus on survey current hacking matter.

How the hell are people able to create items from thin air? I thought item spawn was controlled by the server.

How the hell are people able to create items from thin air? I thought item spawn was controlled by the server.

That's because you believed the devs when they said the game is on a new engine using new MMO-like architecture where everything is server-side.

Clearly it is not and people are using the same slightly modified hacks from the Mod.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

That's because you believed the devs when they said the game is on a new engine using new MMO-like architecture where everything is server-side.

Clearly it is not and people are using the same slightly modified hacks from the Mod.

yep

they are not using as much features as on the mod cause there's not that much people selling standalone keys, so they dont have 10 keys in case they get banned.

But with a little tour in some famous cheat sites, you can tell that they're using almost the same techniques that they used on the mod.

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 1

03 April 2014

0.44 experimental

(stream seen on Twitch)

Yep if someone blame it on dsync hes sucking rockets cock very hard. Btw ftw are u watching xD

Don't seem to find a lot of hackers. At least in the Eu part of the game. Ocassionaly there are 'questionable' kills - but can't always be certain.

IF you talk about hacking like teleporting, walking trought walls - then no - i haven't had the 'pleasure' on full servers. 

Seems evident to me, I wonder if anyones gonna call desync on that lol.

P.S she got hella mad at his "show me your boobs" comment, but take a look at her twitter. Or her profile, which is a picture of her in the shower. (Look at the top left corner).

Exactly the same as above for me just on experimantal.

Passed out due to lack of food and someone from the stream joined and started to force feed me. after i woke he gave me a weopon and ammo and then started to spawn a mosin out of bum and gave it to my friend. The rest speaks for its self.

http://www.twitch.tv/ieatzdafoofoo/b/516686075

1hr 55mins - starts force feeding

2:09 onwards after i wake up he starts to spawn weapons out of thin air and starts to vanish and reapear.

didnt realise until i watched it back that he didnt have a backpack so didnt think anything of him giving me ammo and food but it clicked when he spawned the mosin.

03 April 2014

0.44 experimental

(stream seen on Twitch)

Which he uses to destroy a wall. That's very impressive. I wonder if he can blow up buildings?

Which is OTT because it appears he can just run through the walls anyway.

See those are hackers. Somebody running 5% faster than they should on a laggy server and glitching around just like everyone one else is isn't.

Edited by Weedz

Experimental DE - 4

Guys name way Yesus.

Wish I had installed my recording software, very blatant case of hacking.

He appeared to have himself attached to me so if I moved he would randomly teleport close by me, was all over the place(not desync for sure)

was talking to me in direct trying to find out where I'm from, typed in direct once that's how I got the name

Edit: Exact same guy from that twitch stream***

Edited by akafugitive

Me and two players was playing on a server with 9 people including us. I was waiting for them to run to my location at the suburb north of Balota airfield. While I was waiting I decided to check out the prison. I went in and cleared all the rooms and started looting upstairs. While i was behind at the wall behing the stairs I heard two shots right behind my and I was insta-dead. No footsteps or nothing. 

1½ min later my friend was gun downed running on an open field. He also heard 2-3 from right behind him and he was insta-dead. 

I respawned at Solichniy and decided to suicide to get a little closer to Cherno. I ran to a bridge and killed myself on the first try. I was very lucky and respawned in Elektro. Started to run west right away and I saw a huge explosion a few hundred meters infront of me. I as ran closer it looked like the explosion was at the petrolstation. I continued to run and got shot 10-15 seoconds later. Again it was two quick shots fired from right behind. Insta-dead.

It alls seems very strange and isn´t exactly normal. I have logged aroung 110 hours and never even seen an explosion before. Couple that with us being shot three times in just minutes on a server with only 6 other guys. Either we were really really really unlycky or there was something fishy going on. They never missed us with one shot. All hits. Well the only conclusion I can be really sure about is that these things are not normal in Dayz

In fairness, I've snuck up on people looting up top of the Jail/Admin/Military building and they had no idea I was behind them. One shotgun and dead.

It's also happened to me as well. I think the sounds are bugged instead of someone teleporting directly behind you. Like opening and closing doors doesn't make a sound so you need to hear the footsteps. Many times I can't tell. Compare this to someone running in the forest, they sound like an elephant I find.

Also once I logged in inside the apartment building in Chap and literally someone was standing in front of me looting a deadbody. Somehow he didn't hear me

On a side note, it should make a sound when you open a door

See those are hackers. Somebody running 5% faster than they should on a laggy server and glitching around just like everyone one else is isn't.

Or they just take care to not make it blatantly obvious...  :rolleyes:

And the hackers are back, just joined a fresh server went into one of the two sotry airport buildings all doors were shut, some one starts laughing over voip so i back into the corner behind the steps ( the sfest place you can be) and i hear an axe swing and my arm breaks i knew it was a hacker straight away so i keep running in circles so he cant appear behind me and he pops up at the stairs laughs and as i run over to him he teleports behind me and axes me.

That ban wave lasted long.

This has happened to me twice and I can't figure out how. Sometimes when I am in a jail at an airfield, I'll hear guys talking on their hot mic or shooting or whatever. I will then proceed to lay down and watch the front door, knowing that they will eventually come in and that there are no open points where I could be shot from. Out of no where, 1 shot, dead. 

I looked at the jail building at the airfields and have found no spots from where you could kill someone that is laying in front of the front door with the back wall at their feet.

Is there something I'm missing? 

More than likely people glitching through the back wall, Could always be hacks though. The MP buildings are kind of touch and go, People can get into the walls/floor and shoot you even though you can't see them.