Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Game is so stiff and unplayable its not even funny. I had an M4 with 30 rounds and some unarmed noob player was just running straight at me on the street, i fired and hit him in the head/chest/neck area with every round and before he even gets 15ft within my proximity my screen starts flashing grey because he is hitting me apparently. I quickly go to switch to my pistol and its just a NIGHTMARE. Just pressing the number 2 with no luck, than double tapping 2 to take out my pistol, my char finally selects pistol but nothing shows in his hands, i press F and he just holsters the pistol over his shoulder.. Than after 20 seconds of trying to take out my pistol with no luck, i say screw it and go to press 3 to take out knife and he just lifts up his fists..TERRIBLE. Im sorry but this is absurd. A game thats been in development for 2yrs should not have such rudimentary issues. It would be easier to control a helicopter your first time than to figure out how to control yoru characrter in dayz.. Laugh all you want but at least in that AWFUL game warz you can actually control your character. I wouldn't reccomend buying dayz until at least 9yrs from now, by then you might even be able to take out your weapon..

maybe you should have listened to rocket on the first page of this thread...

• Like 1

I have now played over 160 hours and I am still having fun with this game. You know that hysterical laughter? We had that yesterday and hell yeah thanks DayZ for that :D You know what happened before that? We all were killed by cheaters at Bolota Airfield. We are still playing and having lots of fun even with these fatal bugs and pussy cheaters. I am not rich but I do not regret spending 23.99€ on this game. Yes I expect from developers to fix the cheating, to fix the majority of the bugs. I do expect this game to be optimized so that I can enter big cities with more than 10 FPS. But I also do know that this is EARLY-ACCESS-ALPHA and all of us are getting warned about it everytime we see DayZ in Steam or when we start the game.

• Like 1

We need proper zombies in this game,until then it's not worth it.It's a survival zombie game after all,i hope zombies,when they arrive, will be on the level people are expecting

167 hours,and I feel comfortable with the game now

Been around the map in all four coners and every where between many times now

Looted all the airfields,all the Milary bases....stores,hospitals etc.

Many homes,so much so I have my favorite houses to loot and pass the ones I no longer care to even look for loot.

I have two canteens,three maps,compass,a sawed off shotgun and a .45(just found a cip today)/and a .357 and a Mosin with all accessories

Ammo box,yellow storage container full,and lots of dry milk powder,rice and cereal

I eat and drink beans/sardines and pop etc. as I loot rather than carrying it

While travelling,I use my Canteens,eat my dry supply's

I was being a loot hog and doublepacking backpacks,that slowed my game down considerably

pretty much eventually frose my game I was carrying so much inventory lol with 6 or 7 backpacks deep,all chock full with inventory

Just one backpack now,with the yellow dry box available and an Ammo box

cargo pants,tactical vest,tactical jacket all give a lot of storage

enough,I seem to manage ok

I carry,a sawed off shotgun/.45/357 and my tursty Mosin

when looting airfields and millitary bases I grab an M4 or SKS if available

always keeping with me a clip for the M4 and around 20 rounds of the 7.62 x 39 mm for the SKS if ammo is not around the guns when looted

I carry them in my hands and use while looting

sometimes I carry them out and throw them in the bushes,so no one that comes along can loot them and kill me with them ;)

My game I have now optimized froma tutorial around on Steam,and it seems to be running fine now

as long as I have low ping on the server,and low bandwith,with 0 desync

I have toned down my graphics,but it all still looks pretty good

Definately worth the small price to pay for the game in Alpha

actual bugs ....most don't bother me a bit

I have now slayed so many Zombies with the M4 and SKS that I went back to the axe and am enjoying sneaking up on them again...

Marvelous game,excellent concept and I enjoy trying to keep healthy and alive as much as anything

I stick to myself,hunt loot and zombies at Dusk and before Dawn or on Moonlit nights

Travel only by day,being as sneaky as I can :)

I'm quite thankful this is available in Alpha,although the last patch and hotfix played havoc with my game,and I lost a lot in a character

I have moved on,optimized my own game a bit more with Steam comunity advice

and.... I am back enjoying the game even more at 167 hours played now

I only hope for better patch implemantion in the future,would be nice of things could get tested more before forcing it on everyone

or have a roll back option to roll back a patch until hotfixes and technical issues are worked out

I can handle game bugs,but technical stuff that prevents games from working for people is frustrating

I would like to see the walking through walls fixed on Zombies,that is an anoyance

the same as the knowing where you are even after zig zagging and crouching behnd something kind of thing

but It all takes time,and I could wait for better Zombies longer than for Zombies that dont walk through walls

If I had to vote though... I would give 10 cans of Beans out 10 for what is available for the price of entry into the the World of DayZ

Keep up the good work guys,it's an incredible game!

• Like 3

My opinion - it's a worth while enough game to purchase NOW. However, once purchased the whole "it's alpha, shit is broken and you must deal with it" mentality goes out the window. Once purchased you are responsible to support any users who've purchased it, regardless of what disclaimers you put forth. That's the reality.

Its better than arma 3 breaking point (dayz mod)

But hot spots which is popular to have pvp is infested whit glitchers/exploiters.

So if you prefer to spend time to find pvp in less crowded places and enjoy that cause its enjoyable in many ways - buy it!

I got it purely to support the Devs who've put in the work, and the fact that it's going to go up in price as more and more features get added, and the fact that people probably read the whole 'alpha' thing as being unplayable but so far there's only 3 truly annoying bugs which are easy enough to look past.

I bought DayZ because I wanted Bohemia studio to become that rich dudes who drives top MB, BMW and such, got some mansions and so on. I actually like to gift money to strangers. </sarcasm>

Surely, it doesn't worth it. And tell me nothing about "Alpha!" blablabl, "Dean told ya!" blablabl. Wanna sell it really honestly? Pin a list of bugs, glitches etc at the Steam Store, not that crap about "You know, it's early, dude, maybe you could get some problems dude, but I guess it's safe enough, dude, ok? 30 dallaz bill, dude."

DayZ mod is more interesting at this point. So sorry that Steam has no refunds at that case. sticker,375x360.u2.png

Edit: Btw, 45.000.000$ minus taxes. Just... wow. But still we have release date somewhere in 2016. LoL, nice joke.

Edited by Gorgeous Richie
  • Like 1

I think it's worth it for three reasons.

1) The current players are test subjects in the sense that Bohemia can figure out what works and what doesn't. They then can focus on the fixes and prioritize them.

2) Our money helps Bohemia afford a larger crew to work on the game.

3) Us early players will gain much needed experience before the game becomes hyper-populated. We'll be old hands at surviving.

• Like 1

Game is good.

But we need to get rid of the hackers. It's too easy to pass by the anti-cheat.

the cheat is killing the game litteraly

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGKFT4N0Q4

and its just the beguinning.

my 2 squads got aimboted whallhacked and shot trought 4 walls.

no comment , i wont play untill this insane cheats are fixed

the guy is not abusive in the vid but look at the desciption of the tool and its features.

im off

Edited by Magic_Burnett

OMG I POSTED IN A TOPIC WHERE ROCKET POSTED.

OMG MY LIFE IS WIN.

WHEN HE POOPS IT'S ART OMG!!!

Sarcastic. That's the Jack I love.

I wasn't so happy with the Mod (mostly because of the installation-routine). So I waited nearly a year for the standalone and bought it at the releasedate. What should I say? I'm totaly satisfied. Since then i try to convince anybody who i know has a little faible for Zombies and/or survivalgames to buy it. I love it. I can't understand people bragging about the bugs. It's stated everywhere: You shouldn't buy it!

Shure, the glitches can grind some nerves, if you lose your life looting higher ground, cause you glitch through the walls (which is more a lag-problem i belive), but beside that, the game is shurely good enough for me. 

I even don't need Cars or more weapons. I also hope rocket doesn't make too much craftingmechanics. I'm not into that.

Some people realy anoy me, like serverhoppers, KOSers or misguided Battlefieldenthusiasts. But until now, there's still enough room for every playingstyle.

I had so many funny encounters. It's countless. Every playsession something unique and outstanding happens. Like the streakers (people that like to dress their characters in underwear only), fightclubs (people meet for a decent fistfight), the "Village People" (that's how I call them cause they dress like a certain profession. I've seen firefighter, builders and lumberjacks untill now) ...just to name a view.

Shure, there are problems, but all gamers know games that where fullprice and not nearly as exciting. Sorry. My view. Thanks.

Its a fun survival game that is still in alpha beta, so its still being developed as we speak. Yes its not perfect, but it still shines with its environment and the special touches that it brings with it.

Even before buying this game, the developers warn you that this game is still not the final product. So people that rage or have problems with the bugs and are flaming the game should just zip it and move on

No one can tell you if you should buy this game or not. If you want to have some fun but are not scared of the little bugs and missing content then go for it. If you want a finished polished game, then you will have to wait abit longer. Whatever you decide to do at the end, its up to you

I would go for it. The game as is offers long hours of gameplay. As they continue to fix the bugs it will only get better  :thumbsup:

I love it I picked up a while ago and also gifted it to a good friend and we play with a group of about 7 people and its a blast!!!

• Like 1

If you haven't played the Mod - Try it out, eventually it will be epic

If you have played the Mod - Wait 4 months

• Like 1

Mod's still better :/

this is why: 

action starts at 2:00 min

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 2

No, mod is WAY better even though it got hardly any updates in last 1-2 years.

• Like 1