SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Am going to bed. Don't you dare release before I've gotten up again from bed!

See ya in 10-12 hours (I'm a long sleeper)

• Like 1

Am going to bed. Don't you dare release before I've gotten up again from bed!

See ya in 10-12 hours (I'm a long sleeper)

Yea, it's 3am right now and I am a long sleeper to. Better hope that the standalone does not release before 2pm tomorrow (or today)!

Like I said -- it wont be released this year

Pessimist.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 2

What does it mean ?

It means the client architecture is done and now they're simply working on making multiplayer more stable.

FLIGHT D-Z2012 is ready for take off.

" as we won't release it until multiplayer performance is stable and acceptable enough to provide useful feedback."

i wonder what this might mean exactly ?

are they still experiencing that severe performance problems that its not ready to go alpha yet ? i wonder if/how bad it is then...

just a thought but :   if its really bad performance thats stopping them from going alpha it must somehow be even worse than than the Dayz arma2 mod..

which in other word would mean they changed engine,did the mp architectural change, developed the network bubble, redid zombies, all to make the game MORE performant yet somehow they  achieved quite the opposite ?!

Edited by nebelwerfer
  • Like 3

Enter the "I told you so" crowd... Because they're all so well versed in dealing with facts (SPECULATING).

Rocket means that the map isn't indicative of the actual layout of the Chernarus Plus map. He was just using the image to demonstrate how (generally) the network bubble works.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

The last few months have been somewhat trying for me.

As weird (pathetic?) as it may sound DayZ SA has been like a little light at the end of the tunnel.

The birth of our infected child will bring great joy to my existence.

My body is ready.

My body is ready.

My body is ready.

• Like 1

What does it mean ?

Everybody should load up Arma 2 now and check that area. Are there any hints on numbers that could mean a release date? Like on commercial banners inside the game world? House numbers? Count the numbers of trees in that area and see if they can equate to a date? You know where I am coming from.

I am sure, the game will release within the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe even on thursday since it's Halloween? 

Anyways, I would find it funny if rocket releases it without announcing it. Let's see how long that secret would be kept. With the stalkers in this thread, my bet is 127 seconds...

Not to rain shit on your parade guys, but I just feel as if rocket is only saying "need to make multiplayer stable" to buy some time to address other issues. I am worried that within a certain amount of time, they will once again say they need to work on something else and prolong the release.

• Like 9

This will be the website.

Obviously there's some admin and re-organising to do but this will be the SA site with a sub-section for the mod.

Then what is this WEBSITE ?  http://dayzgame.com/

Copyright © 2013 Bohemia Interactive. All Rights Reserved.

DAYZ™ and Bohemia Interactive™ are trademarks of Bohemia Interactive.

Created by Dean Hall

Created by Dean Hall

1: that proves nothing. 

2: they could just use that domain to forward to this existing site.

Point defeated in two moves.

Created by Dean Hall

It's a placeholder, domain will direct here after release.

• Like 4

1: that proves nothing. 

2: they could just use that domain to forward to this existing site.

Point defeated in two moves.

It's a question. note these things ? , wasnt to prove anything, you defeated me , ohh for fuck sake

It's a placeholder, domain will direct here after release.

Cheers thanks mate, will delete the Favourite

Well this is just my opinion but I think it is pretty safe to say that an October public alpha is out of the question.

That is quite a huge window to miss. Yes obviously a holiday is not going to be any primary factor to decide to let an alpha. However, October is typically the most popular month when it comes to monsters and other horror based media.

So again in my opinion my guess is that either.

A) A major flaw was revealed in testing that could compromise the quality of feedback from early alphas.

or

B) They are killing so many bugs at such a rapid rate that there simply is no reason to go public alpha just yet.

or

C) The Dev team can't stop saying "MY PRECIOUS!" and/or comparing their characters in the closed alpha.

Sooo....

Zombie Turkeys?

Well this is just my opinion but I think it is pretty safe to say that an October public alpha is out of the question.

That is quite a huge window to miss. Yes obviously a holiday is not going to be any primary factor to decide to let an alpha. However, October is typically the most popular month when it comes to monsters and other horror based media.

So again in my opinion my guess is that either.

A) A major flaw was revealed in testing that could compromise the quality of feedback from early alphas.

or

B) They are killing so many bugs at such a rapid rate that there simply is no reason to go public alpha just yet.

or

C) The Dev team can't stop saying "MY PRECIOUS!" and/or comparing their characters in the closed alpha.

Sooo....

Zombie Turkeys?

You make a good point, but I don't think the release date of the early access will effect things at all.  I don't think the devs care if they miss a certain crowd.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rocket was please that the earliest alpha builds got released to the public the same time as giant AAA games went live.  Many people here, would still get the game despite big titles coming out like BF4 and AC:BF.  I believe that BI doesn't care too much about sales write away.  I think they would prefer that people buy the game later once the alpha and beta are over.  

The big AAA games will likely catch the attention of many gamers (for good reasons) and DayZ will go under the radar.  I personally am not sure if I am going to buy BF4.  I know I am not getting the new Assassin's Creed.  I do know that I will add DayZ to my game library as soon as I can.  Call me a fan, but that is what I am going to do.  I want to crush bugs, shoot zombies, interact will players, wear new clothes, hit stuff with an ax that actually feels like a ax, find ammo (or not :lol: ), use a Mosin-Nagant,  explore Chernarus+, walk around and maybe roleplay some too.  

And if I get frustrated from a bug, I will go do something else or play another game, and then later I will try to report the bug when I have calmed down.   ^_^

The whole experience will be fun. 

However, October is typically the most popular month when it comes to monsters and other horror based media.

Really? This is the most reasoned argument you could come up with? Horror time = missed window? Standalone has always been "It'll be done when it's done", not "We'll release it when it best fits into the yearly holidays". If it had been ready in June, it'd've been released in June. If it had been "DayZ - Halloween Spooktacular DLC", then I'd be more than inclined to agree with you. The fact that it's October, and we're gearing up for a potential release is purely coincidental and not correlative/causal.

People can speculate all they want, and say "I told you it wasn't coming out this year!", but at the end of the day we still have no idea when it'll be released (those people included). Yes, it seems that it'll be "soon". But until we get concrete release dates, or a release itself, it's all just gossip. So what does it matter?

EDIT - And again, the whole "AAA game release" theory doesn't really make any sense. People can purchase BF4/ACIV/COD and still play/enjoy Standalone. DayZ isn't a direct competitor to any of these games, so it's not an "either/or" scenario. It's both irrelevant to the developers (because they don't care about appealing to the masses) and irrelevant to players (who just want a decent product and hopefully can play more than one game at a time) whether or not DayZ comes out in the same time-frame as AAA titles. Why else do you think most games get released in the Fall? Because that's when people buy things, apparently. Point being, the fact that many game releases occupy similar time spans is irrelevant (as most games release alongside one another and still succeed).

Edited by Katana67

Most of the world don't care about halloween so can't see why that would affect anything.

Then again Minecraft has halloween updates and in Sweden halloween is mostly just another arbitrary reason to get drunk.

All I am saying is that they missed a potential window. I am NOT saying they should have ignored major bugs and let it loose because Zombies and the holiday. However because they missed that window. It leads me to personally believe that it is either A or B. I would say B is far more likely. Why let an alpha loose to discover bugs that you already know and are fixing right now? Especially if the team is squashing them at a rapid rate.

What does it mean ?

5ezHgnh.jpg

I guess this is a question about the technical meaning and not about the release date

it means that in arma2  the client had access to information about  the blue area ( complete map) while now the client has only access to info about an area like the red circle....should be obvious what this means

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1