SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Are they still working on the game or is it ready for release and steam just takes long to administrate all the right things?

Are they still working on the game or is it ready for release and steam just takes long to administrate all the right things?

Probably both.

Hopefully both.

They're still working on it. If you check the requiredVersion here http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server-.html near the bottom, it now says 27, whereas earlier today it was version 26. I watched the version number as all the new steamdb updates were happening and the version number kept changing between 26>27>26>27 so my guess is they had a problem with version 27 and had to keep rolling back to 26. If you check now you can see the forum mods on the server (presumably testing the new update which they finally got to work).

• Like 6

They're still working on it. If you check the requiredVersion here http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server-.html near the bottom, it now says 27, whereas earlier today it was version 26. I watched the version number as all the new steamdb updates were happening and the version number kept changing between 26>27>26>27 so my guess is they had a problem with version 27 and had to keep rolling back to 26. If you check now you can see the forum mods on the server (presumably testing the new update which they finally got to work).

^Thorough detective work.

What I mean with "work" is that they have to get it alpha ready. Sure they are working on it, they will work on it for years probably. But I mean if the alpha is ready for release and it is just steam that takes long.

• Like 1

Playing right now on test server:

R4Z0R49 0 00:36:50 s0und 0 00:35:17 Snoww 0 00:35:11 -=PA=-BEagle 0 00:30:12 QuantumAI 0 00:36:52 Dancing.Russian.Man 0 00:40:23 foggyfox 0 00:43:12 klesh 0 00:42:44 Tonic 0 00:42:43 OrLoK 0 00:42:35 JokeRoq Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1

GIVE US A GODDAMN HINT ATLEAST! YOU OWE US THAT FOR OUR PATIENCE BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT YET BEGAN RIOTING!

• Like 1

DayZ Standalone Forum Edition

- Your boxed copy will come with a free ticket to Area 51 to get to the bottom of the conspiracy which led to DayZ's "development"!

- Sit down with project lead Dean "Rocket" Hall in this exclusive behind the scenes clip where Rocket faces away from the camera!

- Included in the box is a code for the special digital download "Canteen of Tears" item which you can use to help you survive in-game!

- A video documentary about paint drying, narrated by misinformed idiots who yammer on about things, to remind you of the fun times on the forum!

$499.99. No refunds.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 9

what do you guys think of the lack of a website yet ?? do you think they are going to upload the website right before launch ? it doesn't make sense to me...most games they do the website first and then they release the game...  even the War* has one !

what do you guys think of the lack of a website yet ?? do you think they are going to upload the website right before launch ? it doesn't make sense to me...most games they do the website first and then they release the game...  even the War* has one !

This will be the website.

Obviously there's some admin and re-organising to do but this will be the SA site with a sub-section for the mod.

What if they want to release it, but we just keep talking about them releasing it.

So they get nervous and immediately go back to working on any bugs they find.

And the cycle just keeps repeating...

This will be the website.

Obviously there's some admin and re-organising to do but this will be the SA site with a sub-section for the mod.

dayzmod.com for the SA? :lol:

I hope you mean the forum, not the domain.

Feels kinda weird that DayZ will be separated from the Bohemia's forums.

Perhaps the mods could sneak us a screenshot?  We promise not to tell rocket! Please?

Ok, here you go, promise not to tell.  This is the newly re-modeled Electro:

Electro_zpsbbc771ac.png

As you can see the lack of DX11 lighting means it's not up to Arma 3 standards in terms of prettiness but the framerates are awesome on any system.

• Like 13

Ok, here you go, promise not to tell.  This is the newly re-modeled Electro:

Electro_zpsbbc771ac.png

As you can see the lack of DX11 lighting means it's not up to Arma 3 standards in terms of prettiness but the framerates are awesome on any system.

All buildings are enterable?

• Like 2

See how ruthless they are? They take advantage of this situation and collect beans, making jokes to calm us down. There is no difference between them and... politicians.

• Like 6