rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

By the way, I'm too tired to quote all the posts that mentioned "aimbot", but isn't aimbot kinda useless in ArmA games? If it doesn't count the trajectory or the velocity of the bullet, it will only work for stationary targets in 50 meters.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

The blur can be turned off/ reduced, and the movement such as walking into a building or turning a corner is a lot smoother than it used to be, better than Arma 3 in my opinion.

cheers ! not really liking the arma 3 styled stuff though as i think arma 3 is garbage. others may disagree thats there op.

bit disappointing it wont be out till nov/december though. biggest sales period of gaming year makes sense though.

I agree on everything you said, but it looks like we're not seeing the same game. I'm all for varied and realistic items. I just don't think THIS is varied or realistic at all. It's more like, random and ugly.

Have you actually SEEN what some people seriously wear? Green Jeans are not as unrealistic as you think.

• Like 5

I'm very happy with the visual style and look of the clothing and items. I think this is a question of taste, the art style and approach to palette we have is exactly what I wanted.

yeah it's totally a question of taste I think. I hate the fact that most items are in some sort of green shade that you don't find in real life for one reason : no one would buy clothing in this color.

EDIT : i'm discussing this subject cause I've stated how everything else looked really improved and better than E3 or rezzed presentations. I'll just have to scavenge longer to find those cool items for my badass survivor. I'll pass on the pink hat, thanks.

Edited by Bat

I like the visual style alot. But i think the hacking should of been fixed first,alpha released and added this stuff later.

• Like 1

yeah it's totally a question of taste I think. I hate the fact that most items are in some sort of green shade that you don't find in real life for one reason : no one would buy clothing in this color. period.

The colors match the clothing people wear in this part of the world.

I, personally, want to add a great deal of the clothes I wear (I like my DC sneakers alot). But the idea is to mainly represent local styles (russia/eastern europe) with a smattering of the kind of clothes I wear, as a westerner.

• Like 2

I like the visual style alot. But i think the hacking should of been fixed first,alpha released and added this stuff later.

So what should everyone else do, who is not working on hacking? 

• Like 3

btw, i have 2 pairs of green trousers.

• Like 3

yeah it's totally a question of taste I think. I hate the fact that most items are in some sort of green shade that you don't find in real life for one reason : no one would buy clothing in this color. period.

I assure you, people buy clothes of all colours. 

70s-mens-suit-green-207201-22.jpg

• Like 7

btw, i have 2 pairs of green trousers.

I have green shorts, green trousers, a green jumper...

Guess you could say I like green...

What are people doing acting like Gok wan on DayZ?

"Sorry babe, that tank top with those chinos look TERRIBLE! im going to have to kill you, nothing personal girlfriend...."

Eugh...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

So what should everyone else do, who is not working on hacking? 

Ok thats fine and all but whats the main problem with hacking and security at the moment dean?

Not being funny but i couldnt hear you properly in the devblog lol

Wouldn't it be better to wait for the map being finished by Ivan and Senchi and use the time until then for fine tuning and tweaking all the stuff that really looks awesome or at least very promising so far ( items, anims etc) ??

We are speaking about 2 or 3 months and I think this time will be needed anyway to get all the basics to work properly even for an alpha.

The colors match the clothing people wear in this part of the world.

I, personally, want to add a great deal of the clothes I wear (I like my DC sneakers alot). But the idea is to mainly represent local styles (russia/eastern europe) with a smattering of the kind of clothes I wear, as a westerner.

I dearly hope that there will be good business suits and hawaiian shirts, one must look classy if one is surviving the zombie apocalypse!

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be better to wait for the map being finished by Ivan and Senchi and use the time until then for fine tuning and tweaking all the stuff that really looks awesome or at least very promising so far ( items, anims etc) ??

We are speaking about 2 or 3 months and I think this time will be needed anyway to get all the basics to work properly even for an alpha.

What the hell are you talking about?

• Like 2

I don't see anything beyond mod. same map, few new buildings, stalker rip off makeups.

one word I can add to shiny new weapons, sights, models, bleeding from exact point etc:don't really fucking care.

You should build perk systems by now.  for healing,for 5 senses and durability- general health, weapons.. for example: only pistols should be available when you start, with a little accuracy. you gotta find some kind of manual for each weapon to maintain, use it to gain experience etc.. or find an experienced player that will teach you stuff. cuz you know, we all liked and played it with all the glitches not becouse it has great animations, it was something new. But unfortunately, dayz development is going the other way: making it available for everyone is the key I see, consoles too maybe. not adding new things, not adding anything .. enterable buildings, well, fuck who cares really. I know I don't care and any vet dayz player. 225km2 open world, fuck if I can't get into home and grab something under kitchen sink, who cares. mostly console minded, new gen gamers care such stuff. and I now see which direction you guys going. money.

By the way, I'm too tired to quote all the posts that mentioned "aimbot", but isn't aimbot kinda useless in ArmA games? If it doesn't count the trajectory or the velocity of the bullet, it will only work for stationary targets in 50 meters.

All that can be done.  The sniper rifles in BF3 have bullet drop and the aimbots have no problem calculating to compensate for it.

I assure you, people buy clothes of all colours. 

70s-mens-suit-green-207201-22.jpg[

That guy is stuck in 70's

cholera

dehydration

starvation

sunstroke

hypothermia

hypovolemic shock

These are some of the ways you can now die. And that list contains only one disease, there are 8 planned.

on paper/concept or has there anything further been done in that direction? thanks m8

Edited by joe_mcentire

a dead one? I've considered it...

i did a dead one already, it's  in my sig ;) haha no thanks for your answers, much appreciated especially with that weather you have outside...and on a saturday....

Edited by joe_mcentire