rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

"You feel tired" pops up. Might be a hint of a stamina system that I really like to see in DayZ :thumbsup:

/Oh and I love how restrict the inventory system feels in the video already.

nice finding!

cholera

dehydration

starvation

sunstroke

hypothermia

hypovolemic shock

These are some of the ways you can now die. And that list contains only one disease, there are 8 planned.

What about allergy-related deaths? 

Oh and wildlife. (bears, wolves, etc)

Edited by Death Dealer

I hope you are right mate. I rly do.. I dont wanna have such an experience like HackFestation Stories again...

It doesn't mean it will be in the standalone lol, and it takes work to implement, so, don't expect it

By the way, I'm too tired to quote all the posts that mentioned "aimbot", but isn't aimbot kinda useless in ArmA games? If it doesn't count the trajectory or the velocity of the bullet, it will only work for stationary targets in 50 meters.

You can EASILY compensate for player movement left or right, up or down, in your aimbot.

What the hell are you talking about?

Ivan said that it will take two or three months to get the map additions finished (all the new areas in the north etc) and I was just thinking if it wouldn't it be better to wait until then using the time for improving all the stuff and doing a maybe bigger scaled closed alpha testing instead of an open alpha ....

no offense...just some thoughts since I would not mind waiting a few weeks more...

I don't see anything beyond mod. same map, few new buildings, stalker rip off makeups.

one word I can add to shiny new weapons, sights, models, bleeding from exact point etc:don't really fucking care.

You should build perk systems by now.  for healing,for 5 senses and durability- general health, weapons.. for example: only pistols should be available when you start, with a little accuracy. you gotta find some kind of manual for each weapon to maintain, use it to gain experience etc.. or find an experienced player that will teach you stuff. cuz you know, we all liked and played it with all the glitches not becouse it has great animations, it was something new. But unfortunately, dayz development is going the other way: making it available for everyone is the key I see, consoles too maybe. not adding new things, not adding anything .. enterable buildings, well, fuck who cares really. I know I don't care and any vet dayz player. 225km2 open world, fuck if I can't get into home and grab something under kitchen sink, who cares. mostly console minded, new gen gamers care such stuff. and I now see which direction you guys going. money.

So you want to turn DayZ into and FPSRPG? Perks and the like are a fucking stupid idea for DayZ. And what happens when you die? Do you wish for yourself to lose all the perks and be limited to a pistol again? This isn't Borderlands or Fallout. It's DayZ A survival horror FPS. The player gets better at the game by learning, not putting a point into a fucking skill tree perk.

I certainly care for more enterable buildings, more sporadic loot locations, weapon customizations and accurate blood readings, It adds to the authenticity of the game. And so what if it's aimed at newgen people and consoles? DayZ is a game and like all games the publishers and developers want as much money as they can possibly get from the players. Deal with it. 

• Like 3

What about allergy-related deaths? 

Oh and wildlife. (bears, wolves, etc)

Tha'ts a good question, i haven't seen much discussed about wildlife yet although I do know it's something they have in mind.

Tha'ts a good question, i haven't seen much discussed about wildlife yet although I do know it's something they have in mind.

Use bear/wolf pelts to make warm furry clothes and bags!! And skin cows to make yourself some bad ass leather clothes for you to ride on an old bicycle. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Need to solve zombie AI. Once zombie AI solved, improvements to that can be used to build wildlife system. Best to perfect one system first. Same as our approach with M4.

• Like 4

Ivan said that it will take two or three months to get the map additions finished (all the new areas in the north etc) and I was just thinking if it wouldn't it be better to wait until then using the time for improving all the stuff and doing a maybe bigger scaled closed alpha testing instead of an open alpha ....

no offense...just some thoughts since I would not mind waiting a few weeks more...

The only thing i can see wrong with a larger scale pre-alpha test is finding proper testers.  The initial group is made up of forum mods, certain reddit mods, and some (important) people from Shack-Tac.  In order to get a larger sample group (logically) you'd have to open "Pre-Alpha Testing Applications" then have someone go through and hand-pick people.  That would be ideal, though I don't think that the team has the kind of time to go through and do that.  An open alpha is really the best route.

• Like 1

Gotta love the youtube comments lol

"This is important for console users mainly and the game looks as arcadish as hell, WarZ reloaded?"

"Look at Arma 2 DayZ mod, did it improved much over time? No, standalone has improved graphics everything else still sucks.

Real developers creates are working game first, then adds graphical improvements."

Edited by nicefish
  • Like 2

rats would be cool....

rats would be cool....

Disease infested rats that hide in your camping tent and eat your food while you're gone.

• Like 1

Everything I've seen from that video is fuckin A but there was a concern I had,

-Animations looks too fast-paced, looks kinda like WarZ animations and that's not a good thing:( I don't know if its only because animations isn't a focus yet but I suggest increasing input-lag so turning will actually take time, couple that with slightly slower and weightier animations and I think it'll look and feel more natural.

rats would be cool....

pretty sure they mentioned rats and deers somewhere... not sure if it's implemented yet, though.

Edited by Bat
  • Like 2

Let's evaluate what the dev team has managed over the passing of approx. a year:

Added zombie path finding - still not sufficiently functional.

Added zombie jump animations - still not sufficiently functional.

Added new weaponry - still not sufficiently functional.

Added dynamic spawn locations for objects.

Added customizable gear and weaponry - still not sufficiently functional.

Added a radio - still not sufficiently functional.

Added a character UI - still not sufficiently functional.

Changed loot system...

And possible more.

Crafting

New animations

New items

Detailed hunger and thirsty system

Detailed infection system

Wounding system

Chernarus+, much new to explore

Items can wear out

Free to script FPS architecture -> Restricted MMO architecture and this change is probably bigger than any of those above and it means no script fest

And I very likely forgot something

Just adding some of those "possible mores" :P

Also DayZ standalone was more like a scetch before Winter.

So if there's a new "animation tree" for injured people, can there (eventually) be new animation trees for (as per the current paradigm) heroes/bandits/long-term survivors? Would be great to eventually lose the "derp civilian I don't know what I'm doing" animations.

• Like 5

GOD DAMN IT CAMAY.

Ruined my immersion completely.

And poor Fraggle, robbed of his pants.

It had to happen eventually.

So if there's a new "animation tree" for injured people, can there (eventually) be new animation trees for (as per the current paradigm) heroes/bandits/long-term survivors? Would be great to eventually lose the "derp civilian I don't know what I'm doing" animations.

like brick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCiOYWEXaIo&feature=player_detailpage&t=193

don't know why but i cannot show from a certain time, please go to 3:12 to see the scene (and i mean the grenade scene)

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

like brick?

Brick where'd you get a hand-grenade?

I don't know

Oh come on, if you don't have every Anchorman line down by heart, there's something wrong here.

Edited by Katana67

Hey rocket. I possible mate could you go into vegas or whatever editing software you use and turn down the game volume and re-render and re-upload? Im really cant understand what the hell you are saying mate lol.

Providing you saved the project that is lol

Edited by nicefish

Hey rocket. I possible mate could you go into vegas or whatever editing software you use and turn down the game volume and re-render and re-upload? Im really cant understand what the hell you are saying mate lol.

Providing you saved the project that is lol

That's optimistic.

• Like 2