rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

Brick where'd you get a hand-grenade?

I don't know

Oh come on, if you don't have every Anchorman line down by heart, there's something wrong here.

no i meant this scene where he tries to use the grenade in the battle ;)

Can we have sharknadoes added, I think it could help with the immersion problem. 

• Like 3

Hey rocket. I possible mate could you go into vegas or whatever editing software you use and turn down the game volume and re-render and re-upload? Im really cant understand what the hell you are saying mate lol.

Providing you saved the project that is lol

No

• Like 3

no i meant this scene where he tries to use the grenade in the battle ;)

I know haha, it's just less funny to quote "GNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH".

That's exactly what I was asking for! Thank you for this perfect video (That could be a 10/10 trailer btw) and the efford to make it true. I don't understand why you gave a general answer when you where ready to upload the video, because that made people (like me) feel disappointed with no reason. Anyway Thank your for 17 minutes of joy and I hope your next statement is about the release. Keep up the good work!

P.S Seriously if you could say that the devblog is coming in 2 hours instead of when it's ready everything would be perfect. :D I hope you are doing the same thing with the Alpha launch nvm Good Job  and THANK YOU

Edited by kanars

I know haha, it's just less funny to quote "GNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH".

YEAH I KNOW...

No

Thanks for the blunt reply.

And people are actually thumbing up his reply...wow

I guess you dont care if you cant understand a single thing that dean is saying.

Edited by nicefish

That's exactly what I was asking for! Thank you for this perfect video (That could be a 10/10 trailer btw) and the efford to make it true. I don't understand why you gave a general answer when you where ready to upload the video, because that made people (like me) feel disappointed with no reason. Anyway Thank your for 17 minutes of joy and I hope your next statement is about the release. Keep up the good work!

P.S Seriously if you could say that the devblog is coming in 2 hours instead of when it's ready everything would be perfect. :D I hope you are doing the same thing with the Alpha launch nvm Good Job.

Because it was 4am and many things could go wrong, like HD failure or youtube taking days to process the video.

• Like 3

Rocket I have one thing to suggestion:

Could you please not use blurs in your videos even if you like them so much? Many would appreciate that.

Edited by St. Jimmy

(That could be a 10/10 trailer btw) 

There's a thin line between being polite and just totally kissing ass, you just took a huge leap over that line lol.

• Like 2

Rocket I have one thing to suggestion:

Could you please not use blurs in your videos even if you like them so much? Many would appreciate that.

No, sorry.

• Like 3

@rocket Thank you again for answering to a crazy fan, and please don't justify your answer because I feel very stupid for not thinking that side of the story :D Good Job and Keep up the good work!

Rocket, just disable the comments on the devblog video. It's seriously a shitstorm in the commentsection at the moment. Can't believe how many kids are actually playing this game saying "OMG YOU SAID YOU WOULD RELEASE IT IN JUNE OMG FUCK YOU!!111" ._.

Rocket, just disable the comments on the devblog video. It's seriously a shitstorm in the commentsection at the moment. Can't believe how many kids are actually playing this game saying "OMG YOU SAID YOU WOULD RELEASE IT IN JUNE OMG FUCK YOU!!111" ._.

Na he shouldnt do that. There is alot of shit, sure. BUT  there is some good genuine feedback there aswell.

I think the game actually looks fantastic to be honest. If it means delaying it to fix it all up for alpha then im all for it.

• Like 1

This looks great. Why is it that a good 40% of this community only cares about superficial animation crap? That's the kind of stuff you iron out in late development. They're still dealing with real issues which require a massive amount of programming, debugging, testing, implementing, ect. It takes time.

I'm glad to see that you're figuring out ways of fixing desync. I trust that the server will be able to stream all that persistent information on-the-fly to the client with maximum fidelity. Have you tested the new streaming system with vehicles yet? Is it possible that inside a vehicle, your player's "update range" could automatically increase to accommodate for your increased speed? Hopefully that could mitigate issues like running into barriers/objects that suddenly *pop* into being right in front of your vehicle, which happens in the mod from time to time.

Also, any chances we could maybe get some screens or a small video of some of that bleeding action? I get that it doesn't work in MP yet, but just a demo of the functionality itself might be nice to see.

P.S. rocket, I actually like the zombie attacks. They don't look bad at all. I also like how the jumping attack opens up a small window for the zombie to miss you, if you dodge them just right. I think people who complain about it just want slow, easy zombies that they don't have to worry about so they can go around killing other players 90% of the time.

• Like 1

P.S. rocket, I actually like the zombie attacks. They don't look bad at all. I also like how the jumping attack opens up a small window for the zombie to miss you, if you dodge them just right. I think people who complain about it just want slow, easy zombies that they don't have to worry about so they can go around killing other players 90% of the time.

Exactly. I do this quite a bit. you have to time it right, but if you strafe when the zombie jumps it actually misses you. Hard to believe nobody else notices that.

• Like 1

Are they? They keep talking about only using VAC, which won't detect any cheats. I still don't understand why they didn't go with BattlEye, or atleast both...

vac , pb , battleeye all are pretty useless unless its a normal public hack 99 percent of people use paid for private hacks which mainly remain undetected. selling cheats is big business now and 3rd party anti cheat sites have no chance against well funded coders. this is one of the reasons i stopped playing fps games competitively cause its a joke.

bi should do there own anti cheat work in house not farm out to third party (companies do this as its cheaper or costs them nothing ) its the only way you have a chance of staying on top of cheats.

damage system: reworked for performance and functionality to accommodate the needs of DayZ

any further details there

bleeding system: bleeding from the exact point you shot at.

still blood streams or more subtle mechanic? blood spraying only on impact?

Edited by joe_mcentire

Player who is restrained cannot move until they struggle out of their restraints. Different restraints (cuffs, zipties, ropes) take different times. You can see someone struggling out of their restraints.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1jlwc1/dayz_devblog_3_august_2013/cbg56lk?context=3

Interdasting

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

Exactly. I do this quite a bit. you have to time it right, but if you strafe when the zombie jumps it actually misses you. Hard to believe nobody else notices that.

animations can now be aborted? am i right? would this also be possible for npcs?

Interdasting

you got that from?...the limbo?!

restraints for zeds?!!

i got a restraining order once? is this something similar?

Edited by joe_mcentire

Need to solve zombie AI. Once zombie AI solved, improvements to that can be used to build wildlife system. Best to perfect one system first. Same as our approach with M4.

have a look at the game i mainly play theHunter is the best there is . ;)

Player who is restrained cannot move until they struggle out of their restraints. Different restraints (cuffs, zipties, ropes) take different times. You can see someone struggling out of their restraints.

If someone has you restrained in handcuffs and they took the keys with them, you're pretty much fucked. I foresee a lot of trolling with that. 

I like how the rail system is a configurable attachment on the M4, so many games ignore this or put in different rail systems and call it an entirely different weapon.

I never understood why there isn't a weapon customization mechanic that just... you know... does what can be done in reality. Why waste time concocting arbitrary rules for your attachment system when there's a perfectly good one to emulate... life.