rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

What's facepalm about that?

None of them were serious....

• Like 1

Can't we have one consolidated thread at the same time? P:

Like, post all updates in one thread, and then move on to another one once a forum-mod/developer creates a new one? Instead of spreading the information over 2-3 threads (or even more >.<)

That's essentially what I am trying to do with the August topic.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/144748-august-round-up-dayzdaily/

It's difficult when there are big events though (devblogs, E3, Gamescom, PAX, Rezzed, lengthy interviews/Q&A's etc) as there is usually a huge amount of information released at once and so they need their own topics - there is a limit as much stuff you can add to a post, as an example have a look at the E3 thread from June and you'll see I needed two posts to fit it in and bear in mind we also had Rezzed in June, a lengthy interview with Bikeman in June as well as a load of other small tidbits of information released via twitter/reddit/forums etc. Containing all that information in one topic is quite difficult and it also becomes a bit of a mess formatting wise and a separate thread helps focus the discussion.

Official announcements like dev blogs usually have their own topics in the announcement section too so it's not that simple. I know multiple topics aren't ideal but a single topic is also problematic. We're open to suggestions though. On a sidenote, maybe it's time to lock this thread as a lot of the discussion is no longer about the dev blog anymore and has turned to DayZ in general.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1